Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

What's for Christmas?


74 replies to this topic

#31 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
  • Joined: 03/16/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 2305

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:20 PM

 leezer99, on 28 November 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

 heavy_hitter, on 28 November 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

Just bought this.



That's a pretty putter.  FYI - the voice caddie sc200 is $50 off on Amazon right now: Amazon Voice Caddie SC200

I have been going back and forth on these and think I am going to go with the Voice Caddie.  I have read all the reviews from Mevo, to Ernst, to the SC200.  Mevo gives spin rate which is great, but you have to buy metallic dots to put on them.  It also gives attack angle but the reviews say it is very inaccurate.  Ernst is very hard to read the monitor.  For what it does I really like the SC200.  I like the fact that it has a game mode where you have to hit targeted distances.  I think this is very valuable.  Trackman has this mode and it was very valuable in straightening up my kids wedge game.  Mevo and Ernst don't have this mode.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 Belmont148

Belmont148

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 474430
  • Joined: 07/10/2017
  • Location:Carolinas
GolfWRX Likes : 626

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:11 PM

This year has been pretty much all golf in my house. I think it's a disease, and this site doesn't help with offering deals and coupon codes. I even hate to list everything.

Wife:
Callaway Clubs
GBB Fusion Driver, BB Hybrid 4 and 5, GBB Heavenwood, MD3 Sand Wedge

Me:
Simulator in Garage, RMotion with Projector
Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2
64* PM Wedge
(March Birthday) Ping Hoofer Bag

Son:
Simulator- Share with Me
UA Stormtech Jacket
UA Gloves
Qstar Tour Balls
Tees
Puma Grip Sport Disc Shoes
Current Bag:

G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
F8+ 4W- HZRDUS Black 75 Stiff
Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
Glide Stealth 54SS and 58ES Project X LZ 5.5
Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2

2

#33 TimberBeast

TimberBeast

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 423152
  • Joined: 04/29/2016
  • Location:Mississippi
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:40 PM

 cubuffs, on 07 November 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

 TimberBeast, on 06 November 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

 cubuffs, on 04 November 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

 TimberBeast, on 01 November 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

My daughter is going to go with her coach to get fitted this Sunday for her first set of non junior clubs.  After that we'll see what that is going to cost us.  No idea what they are going to recommend yet but she is excited.

How old is your daughter?  Going to be doing the same for my soon to be 13 year old as he has grown 5 inches this year (now at 5.5 with size 10.5 feet) and has grown out of his set of Flynn clubs I purchased in January.

She is 12, we bought her set of Flynn clubs about a year and a half ago.  She has grown a few inches and she has gotten stronger as well the past several months.  They went to get fitted Saturday, I don't even know much about the results yet, I was out of town all weekend.  Funny thing is, my wife took her to go play 9 on Sunday and she hit her first hole in one, 122 yards with an 8 iron.  I told her if you want new clubs you might want to lay off on the hole in ones.

Congrats to your daughter on her hole in one - and that is pretty long 8 iron!  Will be curious to hear what direction you end up going.

We went to our club this weekend and did a quick fitting with our pro / swing coach.  He had been against moving my son to adult clubs earlier in the year but after seeing him this weekend he agreed now is the time (although he warned that we may be buying another in 9-12 months).  My son really liked the Ping i200s, so I am looking for a set of with regular graphite shafts - so goes the pain...

Well before Thanksgiving weekend we went over to Edwin Watts a few times and let her hit a few lubs.  They let us bring home a Mizuno Hot Metal that she hit with on the range and she really liked it.  We went back the next weekend and we took the hot metal, a Ping G400, and Taylor Made AP3 (they didn't have the AP2 with the steel shaft at the time) to a nearby range so she could hit on grass.   We were supposed to go back the next Sunday so she could hit a couple more and hit the AP2.  

Well on the way to eat at a friend's house that Sunday night she saw a pogo stick laying on the ground, took about two jumps on it, fell down and fractured her wrist.  It's very slight, not very bad.  So all that is on the back burner for now, but if she hits the AP2 like she did the AP3 that's likely what she'll pick out.  The AP3 she hit was just so smooth, and she was hitting it further by probably 10 yards than the others (not that that really matters at this point).  Watching her hit those they are the ones I liked the most, but I didn't tell her that, I want her to pick out what she wants.  It looks like it will be between the APs and Hot Metal.  Bad thing about the APs though is the price.

Edited by TimberBeast, 11 December 2017 - 01:40 PM.


3

#34 leezer99

leezer99

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
  • Joined: 09/10/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 1018

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:47 PM

 TimberBeast, on 11 December 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

 cubuffs, on 07 November 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

 TimberBeast, on 06 November 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

 cubuffs, on 04 November 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

 TimberBeast, on 01 November 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

My daughter is going to go with her coach to get fitted this Sunday for her first set of non junior clubs.  After that we'll see what that is going to cost us.  No idea what they are going to recommend yet but she is excited.

How old is your daughter?  Going to be doing the same for my soon to be 13 year old as he has grown 5 inches this year (now at 5.5 with size 10.5 feet) and has grown out of his set of Flynn clubs I purchased in January.

She is 12, we bought her set of Flynn clubs about a year and a half ago.  She has grown a few inches and she has gotten stronger as well the past several months.  They went to get fitted Saturday, I don't even know much about the results yet, I was out of town all weekend.  Funny thing is, my wife took her to go play 9 on Sunday and she hit her first hole in one, 122 yards with an 8 iron.  I told her if you want new clubs you might want to lay off on the hole in ones.

Congrats to your daughter on her hole in one - and that is pretty long 8 iron!  Will be curious to hear what direction you end up going.

We went to our club this weekend and did a quick fitting with our pro / swing coach.  He had been against moving my son to adult clubs earlier in the year but after seeing him this weekend he agreed now is the time (although he warned that we may be buying another in 9-12 months).  My son really liked the Ping i200s, so I am looking for a set of with regular graphite shafts - so goes the pain...

Well before Thanksgiving weekend we went over to Edwin Watts a few times and let her hit a few lubs.  They let us bring home a Mizuno Hot Metal that she hit with on the range and she really liked it.  We went back the next weekend and we took the hot metal, a Ping G400, and Taylor Made AP3 (they didn't have the AP2 with the steel shaft at the time) to a nearby range so she could hit on grass.   We were supposed to go back the next Sunday so she could hit a couple more and hit the AP2.  

Well on the way to eat at a friend's house that Sunday night she saw a pogo stick laying on the ground, took about two jumps on it, fell down and fractured her wrist.  It's very slight, not very bad.  So all that is on the back burner for now, but if she hits the AP2 like she did the AP3 that's likely what she'll pick out.  The AP3 she hit was just so smooth, and she was hitting it further by probably 10 yards than the others (not that that really matters at this point).  Watching her hit those they are the ones I liked the most, but I didn't tell her that, I want her to pick out what she wants.  It looks like it will be between the APs and Hot Metal.  Bad thing about the APs though is the price.

Good thing it wasn't from skiing.  Seriously though, that's a bummer to hear.  Hope she's better soon.

4

#35 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
  • Joined: 03/16/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 2305

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:07 PM

 leezer99, on 11 December 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

Good thing it wasn't from skiing.  

Posted Image

Edited by heavy_hitter, 11 December 2017 - 02:09 PM.


5

#36 kekoa

kekoa

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,939 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Joined: 10/02/2008
  • Location:in the hole
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 1916

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:30 PM

Getting my son the following-
- M2 5 wood
- Nintendo Switch
- Iron fitting at Cobra (just for the hell of it)

After all that, I can't afford sh*t for myself. :to_become_senile:

6

#37 CTgolf

CTgolf

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124521
  • Joined: 03/14/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 235

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:16 AM

 heavy_hitter, on 11 December 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

 leezer99, on 11 December 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

Good thing it wasn't from skiing.  

Posted Image

Ha good one

Above average joke

Edited by CTgolf, 12 December 2017 - 01:20 AM.


7

#38 MikekiM

MikekiM

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 415850
  • Joined: 03/15/2016
  • Location:San Diego, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 110

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:53 PM

Got my son a new set of USK TS-51 irons.  Santa got him some new golf shoes.
Got me a 009 putter the wife doesn't know about.

8

#39 Boricua Golf

Boricua Golf

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137445
  • Joined: 08/23/2011
  • Location:Fredericksburg, VA
  • Handicap:3.3
  • Ebay ID:luisito11*11
GolfWRX Likes : 1376

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:58 PM

A trip to Disney and a round of golf at the Magnolia Course on the 30th...
Driver---------------Ping G LS Tec 10.5*, Ping Tour 65X, tipped 1", 44.25"
FW Wood----------Ping G 14.5*, Diamana Whiteboard D+ 82X, tipped .5", 42.5"
Hybrid---------------Ping G 19*, Tour AD-DI 105X
Irons-----------------Ping iBlade 4-P, Project X 6.5 Flighted
Wedges-------------Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* with Project X 6.5 Flighted
Putter----------------Ping Karsten TR Zing Tour  32.75", built up Pingman Grip (Ping Oslo and Ping Nome TR as backup 33.25" with SS Pistol GT Tour 1.0)
Golf Ball-------------2017 Pro V1, K-Sigs and Chrome Soft X

9

#40 cubuffs

cubuffs

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2942
  • Joined: 07/17/2005
  • Location:Franklin, TN
  • Ebay ID:phillbre
GolfWRX Likes : 86

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:51 PM

 TimberBeast, on 11 December 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

 cubuffs, on 07 November 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

 TimberBeast, on 06 November 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

 cubuffs, on 04 November 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

 TimberBeast, on 01 November 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

My daughter is going to go with her coach to get fitted this Sunday for her first set of non junior clubs.  After that we'll see what that is going to cost us.  No idea what they are going to recommend yet but she is excited.

How old is your daughter?  Going to be doing the same for my soon to be 13 year old as he has grown 5 inches this year (now at 5.5 with size 10.5 feet) and has grown out of his set of Flynn clubs I purchased in January.

She is 12, we bought her set of Flynn clubs about a year and a half ago.  She has grown a few inches and she has gotten stronger as well the past several months.  They went to get fitted Saturday, I don't even know much about the results yet, I was out of town all weekend.  Funny thing is, my wife took her to go play 9 on Sunday and she hit her first hole in one, 122 yards with an 8 iron.  I told her if you want new clubs you might want to lay off on the hole in ones.

Congrats to your daughter on her hole in one - and that is pretty long 8 iron!  Will be curious to hear what direction you end up going.

We went to our club this weekend and did a quick fitting with our pro / swing coach.  He had been against moving my son to adult clubs earlier in the year but after seeing him this weekend he agreed now is the time (although he warned that we may be buying another in 9-12 months).  My son really liked the Ping i200s, so I am looking for a set of with regular graphite shafts - so goes the pain...

Well before Thanksgiving weekend we went over to Edwin Watts a few times and let her hit a few lubs.  They let us bring home a Mizuno Hot Metal that she hit with on the range and she really liked it.  We went back the next weekend and we took the hot metal, a Ping G400, and Taylor Made AP3 (they didn't have the AP2 with the steel shaft at the time) to a nearby range so she could hit on grass.   We were supposed to go back the next Sunday so she could hit a couple more and hit the AP2.  

Well on the way to eat at a friend's house that Sunday night she saw a pogo stick laying on the ground, took about two jumps on it, fell down and fractured her wrist.  It's very slight, not very bad.  So all that is on the back burner for now, but if she hits the AP2 like she did the AP3 that's likely what she'll pick out.  The AP3 she hit was just so smooth, and she was hitting it further by probably 10 yards than the others (not that that really matters at this point).  Watching her hit those they are the ones I liked the most, but I didn't tell her that, I want her to pick out what she wants.  It looks like it will be between the APs and Hot Metal.  Bad thing about the APs though is the price.

So sorry to hear about the wrist - hope she heals quickly and without complications - kids will be kids.  We ended up getting my son a set of Hot Metals (I have been a mizuno iron guy for the last 15 years) so that may have had some influence on his choice.  He has played 5-6 rounds with them since and really likes them.  Was able to find the right specs on ebay (minus needing to have them bent 1 degree), so wont be too bad if I have to change out in a year or so.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 Belmont148

Belmont148

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 474430
  • Joined: 07/10/2017
  • Location:Carolinas
GolfWRX Likes : 626

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:37 AM

 heavy_hitter, on 04 December 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

 leezer99, on 28 November 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

 heavy_hitter, on 28 November 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

Just bought this.



That's a pretty putter.  FYI - the voice caddie sc200 is $50 off on Amazon right now: Amazon Voice Caddie SC200

I have been going back and forth on these and think I am going to go with the Voice Caddie.  I have read all the reviews from Mevo, to Ernst, to the SC200.  Mevo gives spin rate which is great, but you have to buy metallic dots to put on them.  It also gives attack angle but the reviews say it is very inaccurate.  Ernst is very hard to read the monitor.  For what it does I really like the SC200.  I like the fact that it has a game mode where you have to hit targeted distances.  I think this is very valuable.  Trackman has this mode and it was very valuable in straightening up my kids wedge game.  Mevo and Ernst don't have this mode.

Heavy, I am curious to hear your take on this if you try using it hitting into a net. I wouldn't mind getting one for practice at the range, but would really like something that gives me a bit of ball data while hitting indoors or into a net.
Current Bag:

G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
F8+ 4W- HZRDUS Black 75 Stiff
Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
Glide Stealth 54SS and 58ES Project X LZ 5.5
Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2

11

#42 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
  • Joined: 03/16/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 2305

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:45 AM

 Belmont148, on 13 December 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

 heavy_hitter, on 04 December 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

 leezer99, on 28 November 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

 heavy_hitter, on 28 November 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

Just bought this.



That's a pretty putter.  FYI - the voice caddie sc200 is $50 off on Amazon right now: Amazon Voice Caddie SC200

I have been going back and forth on these and think I am going to go with the Voice Caddie.  I have read all the reviews from Mevo, to Ernst, to the SC200.  Mevo gives spin rate which is great, but you have to buy metallic dots to put on them.  It also gives attack angle but the reviews say it is very inaccurate.  Ernst is very hard to read the monitor.  For what it does I really like the SC200.  I like the fact that it has a game mode where you have to hit targeted distances.  I think this is very valuable.  Trackman has this mode and it was very valuable in straightening up my kids wedge game.  Mevo and Ernst don't have this mode.

Heavy, I am curious to hear your take on this if you try using it hitting into a net. I wouldn't mind getting one for practice at the range, but would really like something that gives me a bit of ball data while hitting indoors or into a net.

Couldn't tell you.  We live on a course in Florida.  We can hit on the range or somewhere on the course 24/7 365 days a year.

12

#43 Noles

Noles

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136360
  • Joined: 08/14/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 395

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:54 AM

For the whole family

Attached Files



13

#44 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
  • Joined: 03/16/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 2305

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:32 PM

This weekend only RockBottom Golf 20% off with free one day air freight and 1 item.  Just got the Voice Caddie SC200 for $230.00.  Great deal with the 20% off.

14

#45 dave willie

dave willie

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116011
  • Joined: 10/10/2010
  • Location:Solvang, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 192

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:03 PM

I put MG golf gloves on my list.  I've never tried them; I hope they're good.

Titleist 917 D3 10.5 Diamana Ltd Blue 70-S
Cobra Bio Cell 3/4 wood PXv 6.0
Cleveland Hi-Bore 19 hybrid
Ping i20 4-PW Nippon Modus3 120-S
Cleveland 588 50*, Callaway X-Tour 56*, Vokey SM5 60*
Cameron Mil-Spec

15

#46 theboypinoy

theboypinoy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128768
  • Joined: 05/15/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 407

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:03 AM

 dave willie, on 17 December 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

I put MG golf gloves on my list.  I've never tried them; I hope they're good.

I've only heard good things about them. Hope they work out well for you!

16

#47 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
  • Joined: 03/16/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 2305

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:18 PM

I need to stop spending money.  Just bought these.  

Posted Image

17

#48 darter79

darter79

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66967
  • Joined: 10/03/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 374

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:19 AM

 heavy_hitter, on 17 December 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

This weekend only RockBottom Golf 20% off with free one day air freight and 1 item.  Just got the Voice Caddie SC200 for $230.00.  Great deal with the 20% off.

How is the SC200 working? Accurate? Worth the buy?

18

#49 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
  • Joined: 03/16/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 2305

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:13 PM

 darter79, on 05 February 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

 heavy_hitter, on 17 December 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

This weekend only RockBottom Golf 20% off with free one day air freight and 1 item.  Just got the Voice Caddie SC200 for $230.00.  Great deal with the 20% off.

How is the SC200 working? Accurate? Worth the buy?

I like it.  It is accurate enough.  Would rather have the Mevo, but with the release of the 2nd edition right around the corner I would rather wait.  

Here is what we use the SC200 for....

He uses it to play a course on the range that he is preparing a tournament for.  We know already the distances in advance and what the course looks like because he always plays a practice round.  So we turn it on and measure tee shot, subtract from the distance of the hole and then play the approach.

I like the game mode where you can measure your shots with wedges.  Problem here is that I find the higher the loft the club the harder it is for the device to pick up the ball.

The bad part is you have to use range balls while doing it and they stink for accuracy...

It is worth the buy, but I wouldn't rush out to buy one just to buy one.  It is good to let you know when real increases are happening in swing speed and ball speed.  Really shows them that they are longer and more accurate when they are efficient in the swing.  Swinging as hard as they can doesn't mean the ball goes further.

Edited by heavy_hitter, 05 February 2018 - 12:16 PM.


19

#50 leezer99

leezer99

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
  • Joined: 09/10/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 1018

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:09 AM

Picked up a new TM bag for the boy for this Christmas and might get him some custom balls as well.  I don't think he needs anything else golf related but we'll see what Black Friday deals come around.

Posted Image


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 wildcatden

wildcatden

    China Cat Sunflower

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481904
  • Joined: 09/14/2017
  • Location:The Bridges - 74.3/144
GolfWRX Likes : 630

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:41 AM

Picked up two pairs of these new old stock FootJoy's for $40 total on eBay.  Covered for Christmas 2019 already!!

Attached Files



21

#52 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
  • Joined: 03/16/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 2305

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:47 AM

I am definitely doing a new bag.  Maybe doing a new Driver as well.

22

#53 BertGA

BertGA

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500442
  • Joined: 04/29/2018
  • Location:Georgia
GolfWRX Likes : 234

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:23 PM

 leezer99, on 09 November 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

Picked up a new TM bag for the boy for this Christmas and might get him some custom balls as well.  I don't think he needs anything else golf related but we'll see what Black Friday deals come around.

Posted Image

Great bag. Got my daughter the white version when her Cally legs broke earlier this year.

We are giving shoes.

23

#54 leezer99

leezer99

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
  • Joined: 09/10/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 1018

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:50 PM

 BertGA, on 09 November 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:


Great bag. Got my daughter the white version when her Cally legs broke earlier this year.

We are giving shoes.

Shoe's are a great idea.  If we could have held out a little while longer the UA's we just bought would have been under the tree as well.

24

#55 mrshinsa

mrshinsa

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 476520
  • Joined: 07/26/2017
  • Location:Bay Area, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:34 PM

 leezer99, on 28 November 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

 heavy_hitter, on 28 November 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

Just bought this.



That's a pretty putter.  FYI - the voice caddie sc200 is $50 off on Amazon right now: Amazon Voice Caddie SC200

I'm interested in the SC200 as well, but I see that it's been as low as $215 on CCC.  Gonna set an alert and sit on it till last week of Christmas, like I always do.


25

#56 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
  • Joined: 03/16/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 2305

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:41 PM

Son just asked me for Mizzy wedges in 50, 54, and 58.  Hmmmm

26

#57 cubuffs

cubuffs

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2942
  • Joined: 07/17/2005
  • Location:Franklin, TN
  • Ebay ID:phillbre
GolfWRX Likes : 86

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:42 PM

A new set of irons, once again..... with stiff shafts now

The boy grew 5 inches and has added 14 mph of club head speed.  Guess the investment in a TPI certified trainer and speed sticks is coming back to bite me (along with feeding and watering him ;-)

In all seriousness, some cold weather gear with our club logo and some balls will also be under the tree.

27

#58 GolfSRQ

GolfSRQ

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 513876
  • Joined: 10/06/2018
  • Location:Sarasota FL
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:34 AM

Told my son (14 , freshman ). That if he shot par and / or won one of his high school matches he could get a driving iron.   He did both so we just got him fitted last Friday and ordered the PXG 2 iron.   I thought his swing speed might not be fast enough yet ( driver 95).  but he was hitting it  about 230 so we ordered it.

28

#59 TheLarch

TheLarch

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 186860
  • Joined: 06/17/2012
  • Location:Kentucky
GolfWRX Likes : 1246

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:43 AM

I suspect I'll probably receive a new Mercedes since they run those stupid commercials on Golf Channel every five minutes.
Taylormade 2016 M2 driver
Taylormade 2016 M2 3 wood
Taylormade Burner 2.0 5 wood
Taylormade RBZ 22* hybrid
Taylormade CB Forged 4/AW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 56*
Ping G2 Craz e

29

#60 Tannerbug33

Tannerbug33

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 464346
  • Joined: 04/20/2017
  • Location:Gainesville, Ga
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:36 PM

Probably some RTX 4 wedges and a new driver. And a half inch to his irons. Hope he don't have a big growth spurt after that 🙄


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors