Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 4 votes

Aldila SYNERGY TOUR BLACK.....The Low Spin King. Trackman Data Inside.

aldila tour tour only trackman low spin graphene

501 replies to this topic

#31 swgolf12

swgolf12

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140687
  • Joined: 10/01/2011
  • Ebay ID:officialgolfguru
GolfWRX Likes : 269

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:13 PM

Any reviews of this vs Orange V2?

M3 440 Kiyoshi Black 75
R15 3HL 869 Tour Spec 4.0
Vapor Fly Pro 3 Aldila RIP 115 Tour
Titleist T-MB 4 TIX100 HS1X
VR Forged 5-9 X7
Nike VR Forged 48* X7
SSC Don White Grind 53/58 S400
PM Grind 64 PX 7.0
Studio Design 1.5 Circle T/Scotty Fastback 1.5/Scotty Catalina Two Welded Neck

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Habitual Line Stepper

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,925 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 3967

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:18 PM

 swgolf12, on 06 November 2017 - 03:13 PM, said:

Any reviews of this vs Orange V2?
for me the synergy is much more stable, and lower spinning. Same low/low-mid launch; but i felt that the v2 got a bit loose on me while this is much more dependable and consistent.

M3 460 10.5 / Diamana DF 70TX Tipped 1"

M4 3W / Diamana BF 90TX

P790 3I / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

MP18 MB 4I-PW /  CTaper Lite X

SM7 52 (8), 58 (8)  /  DG S200

MD3 Chrome 64 (8)  /  DG S200


Putters:

Piretti Tour Custom 801R / 35.5"


TP5x #1 "GIO"


2

#33 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2686

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:56 PM

 swgolf12, on 06 November 2017 - 03:13 PM, said:

Any reviews of this vs Orange V2?

V2 is just like Copperhead TX

http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry16368820

Synergy is lower spin and flatter launching.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

3

#34 MrFlapjack

MrFlapjack

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46436
  • Joined: 01/19/2008
  • Location:SK
  • Handicap:3.6
GolfWRX Likes : 582

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:02 PM

Anything on this vs the HZRDUS Black?
Cobra LTD Pro HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Srixon Z U45 18, 20, 23 (shafts TBD)
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
YES Milly - 100gm TLP

4

#35 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2686

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:49 PM

 MrFlapjack, on 06 November 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

Anything on this vs the HZRDUS Black?

The link will allow you to compare Kuro Kąge Dual Core XT or Black Mamba to hzrdus black, which should allow a nice comparison to Synergy Proto.

http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry16405828

Quick comparison is that hzrdus black launches about .5-1 degree lower than kkdcxt and spins about 200-300 rpm more.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

5

#36 MrFlapjack

MrFlapjack

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46436
  • Joined: 01/19/2008
  • Location:SK
  • Handicap:3.6
GolfWRX Likes : 582

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:04 AM

 TollBros, on 06 November 2017 - 06:49 PM, said:

 MrFlapjack, on 06 November 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

Anything on this vs the HZRDUS Black?

The link will allow you to compare Kuro Kàge Dual Core XT or Black Mamba to hzrdus black, which should allow a nice comparison to Synergy Proto.

http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry16405828

Quick comparison is that hzrdus black launches about .5-1 degree lower than kkdcxt and spins about 200-300 rpm more.

Good stuff, thanks.
Cobra LTD Pro HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Srixon Z U45 18, 20, 23 (shafts TBD)
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
YES Milly - 100gm TLP

6

#37 Harob11

Harob11

    Harob11

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76902
  • Joined: 03/07/2009
  • Ebay ID:harob111
GolfWRX Likes : 117

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:46 AM

So this new Synergy spins and launches lower than the Orange V2 and the DCXT? Impressive.
Any chance you can review the 2017 Diamana X? That's their flagship shaft I believe.

Keep up the great work!
Drive 400 - Swing Faster. Drive Further. www.puredistancegolf.com/drive400

7

#38 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2686

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:56 AM

 Harob11, on 07 November 2017 - 12:46 AM, said:

So this new Synergy spins and launches lower than the Orange V2 and the DCXT? Impressive.
Any chance you can review the 2017 Diamana X? That's their flagship shaft I believe.

Keep up the great work!

There were two prototype versions of the X that were submitted for testing. One spun and hit higher, the other was a bit flatter. I'd say the closest thing I can compare the Diamana X to would be a Tensei Pro Orange V2 on one and probably more like a Tensei Pro Blue for the other. I'm unsure which became the retail model.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

8

#39 golf4fun

golf4fun

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20660
  • Joined: 10/17/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:09 PM

 TollBros, on 07 November 2017 - 01:56 AM, said:

 Harob11, on 07 November 2017 - 12:46 AM, said:

So this new Synergy spins and launches lower than the Orange V2 and the DCXT? Impressive.
Any chance you can review the 2017 Diamana X? That's their flagship shaft I believe.

Keep up the great work!

There were two prototype versions of the X that were submitted for testing. One spun and hit higher, the other was a bit flatter. I'd say the closest thing I can compare the Diamana X to would be a Tensei Pro Orange V2 on one and probably more like a Tensei Pro Blue for the other. I'm unsure which became the retail model.

For me in the same head the synergy is higher with less spin than my V2!

9

#40 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2686

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:14 PM

 golf4fun, on 07 November 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

 TollBros, on 07 November 2017 - 01:56 AM, said:

 Harob11, on 07 November 2017 - 12:46 AM, said:

So this new Synergy spins and launches lower than the Orange V2 and the DCXT? Impressive.
Any chance you can review the 2017 Diamana X? That's their flagship shaft I believe.

Keep up the great work!

There were two prototype versions of the X that were submitted for testing. One spun and hit higher, the other was a bit flatter. I'd say the closest thing I can compare the Diamana X to would be a Tensei Pro Orange V2 on one and probably more like a Tensei Pro Blue for the other. I'm unsure which became the retail model.

For me in the same head the synergy is higher with less spin than my V2!

Glad to hear that. It's not a low launching shaft at all for me, but it is massively low spin.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2686

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:34 PM

Confirmed this profile is Tour only and absolutely will not be released retail in this form.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

11

#42 Wardonation

Wardonation

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107035
  • Joined: 04/28/2010
  • Handicap:+2.8
GolfWRX Likes : 140

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:09 PM

Just to confirm this shaft is not counter balanced correct?

12

#43 jcg132

jcg132

    PTPOTCW

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 428230
  • Joined: 06/07/2016
  • Ebay ID:jcg132
GolfWRX Likes : 130

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:17 AM

 Wardonation, on 08 November 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

Just to confirm this shaft is not counter balanced correct?

Correct. Not counter balanced.
Tour Issue Callaway GBB Epic Sub Zero "L Stamp" 8° - Aldila SYNERGY Black Graphene Tour PROTO 65 TX (44.5", D4.5)
Callaway Rogue 15° - Mitsubishi Chemical TENSEI CK Pro White 70 Stiff (42.75", Tipped 0.5", 1.0° Flat, D6)
Tour Issue Callaway Rogue Hybrid 18.9° -
Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 85 Stiff (D4)
Callaway Epic Hybrid 22° - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 85 Stiff (D4)
PXG 0311 5-7 - Oban CT-115 Stiff (1.0° Upright, D4)
PXG 0311T 8-9 - Oban CT-115 Stiff (1.0° Strong, 1.0° Upright, D4)
PXG 0311T PW - Oban CT-115 Stiff (1.0° Strong, 1.0° Upright, D5)
Vokey SM6 Raw 50.08°F - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", D5.5)
Vokey SM6 Raw 55.09°S - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", D6)
Vokey SM6 Raw 60.08°M - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", D6.5)
Scotty Cameron 009M Carbon - 34", 3.5°, 70°



Wilson Staff Duo Urethane
Golf Pride MCC Plus4
FootJoy Pure Touch Limited
Sun Mountain C130S


WITB

13

#44 golf4fun

golf4fun

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20660
  • Joined: 10/17/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:32 AM

 TollBros, on 07 November 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

 golf4fun, on 07 November 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

 TollBros, on 07 November 2017 - 01:56 AM, said:

 Harob11, on 07 November 2017 - 12:46 AM, said:

So this new Synergy spins and launches lower than the Orange V2 and the DCXT? Impressive.
Any chance you can review the 2017 Diamana X? That's their flagship shaft I believe.

Keep up the great work!

There were two prototype versions of the X that were submitted for testing. One spun and hit higher, the other was a bit flatter. I'd say the closest thing I can compare the Diamana X to would be a Tensei Pro Orange V2 on one and probably more like a Tensei Pro Blue for the other. I'm unsure which became the retail model.

For me in the same head the synergy is higher with less spin than my V2!

Glad to hear that. It's not a low launching shaft at all for me, but it is massively low spin.

So far I'm impressed, now I need to compare to my green mamba 60tx!

14

#45 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2686

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:01 PM

 jcg132, on 09 November 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

 Wardonation, on 08 November 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

Just to confirm this shaft is not counter balanced correct?

Correct. Not counter balanced.

Correct, it definitely is not counterbalanced.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

15

#46 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Habitual Line Stepper

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,925 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 3967

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:15 PM

i'll be hitting the sim tonight and playing tomorrow. hopefully the lifting i've been doing the last 2 weeks isn't going to keep me jammed up.

loving this thing so far -- unfortunately it's been too dang cold the last week to get to a range or play. sigh. winter is coming...

M3 460 10.5 / Diamana DF 70TX Tipped 1"

M4 3W / Diamana BF 90TX

P790 3I / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

MP18 MB 4I-PW /  CTaper Lite X

SM7 52 (8), 58 (8)  /  DG S200

MD3 Chrome 64 (8)  /  DG S200


Putters:

Piretti Tour Custom 801R / 35.5"


TP5x #1 "GIO"


16

#47 Kenny Lee Puckett

Kenny Lee Puckett

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 379660
  • Joined: 06/08/2015
  • Location:Arizona USA
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 2908

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:35 PM

interesting the PROTO 60tx squeaked out the best numbers.

speaks very highly about the quality of the shaft I guess.
https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be  video on course practice 5/2016

Ping G LST: Ping Tour 80
Ping Anser 4wd: Accra S3-80 RT
PXG 0317 Hybrid: Fujikura 8D07HB

Ping S55 4-PW: Dynamic Gold Tour Issue
Ping Glide 2.0  50/54/58 SS: DG Tour Issue
Ping ZING 2

Ping 703 +3 wraps/Pingman putter grip
Ping Sensor glove/Srixon 2017 Z-Star XV
Ping Hoofer 2016 bag

17

#48 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2686

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:51 PM

 Kenny Lee Puckett, on 11 November 2017 - 07:35 PM, said:

interesting the PROTO 60tx squeaked out the best numbers.

speaks very highly about the quality of the shaft I guess.

The 65 is nearly the same in terms of the heavier Kuro Kage and Black Mamba, but with a bit more swing speed because of the weight.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

18

#49 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Habitual Line Stepper

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,925 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 3967

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:29 AM

 gioguy21, on 11 November 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

i'll be hitting the sim tonight and playing tomorrow. hopefully the lifting i've been doing the last 2 weeks isn't going to keep me jammed up.

loving this thing so far -- unfortunately it's been too dang cold the last week to get to a range or play. sigh. winter is coming...
update --

this is firmly in the bag. for me, it was the slight uptick in launch angle that's giving me much more consistent results. i hit all but 2 fairways yesterday (despite being sore AF) - and despite the cold conditions, got all close to 300y (it was sub 50*F), and 2 over 3 bills.

the ball has a piercing trajectory to the apex, goes for days, then hits and runs like a pissed off squirrel.

on the sim i was getting:

AVG SS: 117.3
Smash: 1.47
Launch: 12.2
Spin: 2218
Ball Speed: 169.7
Carry: 287.4
Peak Height: 103'

predominant shot shape: dead nuts straight.

total is irrelevant IMO since it's just a sim.

M3 460 10.5 / Diamana DF 70TX Tipped 1"

M4 3W / Diamana BF 90TX

P790 3I / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

MP18 MB 4I-PW /  CTaper Lite X

SM7 52 (8), 58 (8)  /  DG S200

MD3 Chrome 64 (8)  /  DG S200


Putters:

Piretti Tour Custom 801R / 35.5"


TP5x #1 "GIO"


19

#50 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2686

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:15 PM

 gioguy21, on 13 November 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

 gioguy21, on 11 November 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

i'll be hitting the sim tonight and playing tomorrow. hopefully the lifting i've been doing the last 2 weeks isn't going to keep me jammed up.

loving this thing so far -- unfortunately it's been too dang cold the last week to get to a range or play. sigh. winter is coming...
update --

this is firmly in the bag. for me, it was the slight uptick in launch angle that's giving me much more consistent results. i hit all but 2 fairways yesterday (despite being sore AF) - and despite the cold conditions, got all close to 300y (it was sub 50*F), and 2 over 3 bills.

the ball has a piercing trajectory to the apex, goes for days, then hits and runs like a pissed off squirrel.

on the sim i was getting:

AVG SS: 117.3
Smash: 1.47
Launch: 12.2
Spin: 2218
Ball Speed: 169.7
Carry: 287.4
Peak Height: 103'

predominant shot shape: dead nuts straight.

total is irrelevant IMO since it's just a sim.

That's a very nice launch window and that sucker at 2200 should hit the ground HOT.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 osubuckeyes691

osubuckeyes691

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50214
  • Joined: 02/28/2008
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:1.4
GolfWRX Likes : 119

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:31 AM

Yes this posting is exactly the same as the other topic lol but I just want to make sure all eyes have a chance to chime in!


For those of you that have been playing the shaft....

I'm trying to determine the best tipping length and want to hear some opinions before I move forward. I currently play a KK DC XT 70tx. Tipped 1/2". Getting very solid numbers. Low spin drives are very low and normal drives are hovering around 2100 2200.

I ordered the Synergy proto 65tx because I wanted to try the slightly lighter weight based on the higher swing and ball speeds from the testing. Should I tip this 1/2" as well? Would it make sense to tip it 3/4" or 1" to get the spin down slightly and hopefully keep launch similar or slightly higher?

Thanks for your thoughts!
Taylormade M3 8.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Taylormade 2016 M2 Deep Face 14* - Tensei Blue 90TX
Taylormade 790 UDI 2 Iron - Hzrdus Black 85g 6.5
Srixon 745 4-PW - KBS C Taper 130x softstepped 1x
Vokey 50* F Grind - KBS C Taper 130
Vokey Wedgeworks 54V grind - KBS C Taper 130
Vokey Wedgeworks 60K, low bounce - KBS C Taper 130
Evnroll 1.1 (yup...square bumpers!)

21

#52 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Habitual Line Stepper

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,925 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 3967

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:51 AM

View Postosubuckeyes691, on 15 November 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

Yes this posting is exactly the same as the other topic lol but I just want to make sure all eyes have a chance to chime in!


For those of you that have been playing the shaft....

I'm trying to determine the best tipping length and want to hear some opinions before I move forward. I currently play a KK DC XT 70tx. Tipped 1/2". Getting very solid numbers. Low spin drives are very low and normal drives are hovering around 2100 2200.

I ordered the Synergy proto 65tx because I wanted to try the slightly lighter weight based on the higher swing and ball speeds from the testing. Should I tip this 1/2" as well? Would it make sense to tip it 3/4" or 1" to get the spin down slightly and hopefully keep launch similar or slightly higher?

Thanks for your thoughts!
mine is currently untipped - 65TX, playing 45.25". haven't had issues with too much spin and control has been exceptional for me.

M3 460 10.5 / Diamana DF 70TX Tipped 1"

M4 3W / Diamana BF 90TX

P790 3I / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

MP18 MB 4I-PW /  CTaper Lite X

SM7 52 (8), 58 (8)  /  DG S200

MD3 Chrome 64 (8)  /  DG S200


Putters:

Piretti Tour Custom 801R / 35.5"


TP5x #1 "GIO"


22

#53 osubuckeyes691

osubuckeyes691

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50214
  • Joined: 02/28/2008
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:1.4
GolfWRX Likes : 119

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:29 AM

View Postgioguy21, on 15 November 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

View Postosubuckeyes691, on 15 November 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

Yes this posting is exactly the same as the other topic lol but I just want to make sure all eyes have a chance to chime in!


For those of you that have been playing the shaft....

I'm trying to determine the best tipping length and want to hear some opinions before I move forward. I currently play a KK DC XT 70tx. Tipped 1/2". Getting very solid numbers. Low spin drives are very low and normal drives are hovering around 2100 2200.

I ordered the Synergy proto 65tx because I wanted to try the slightly lighter weight based on the higher swing and ball speeds from the testing. Should I tip this 1/2" as well? Would it make sense to tip it 3/4" or 1" to get the spin down slightly and hopefully keep launch similar or slightly higher?

Thanks for your thoughts!
mine is currently untipped - 65TX, playing 45.25". haven't had issues with too much spin and control has been exceptional for me.

What shaft specs were you playing before the Synergy?
Taylormade M3 8.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Taylormade 2016 M2 Deep Face 14* - Tensei Blue 90TX
Taylormade 790 UDI 2 Iron - Hzrdus Black 85g 6.5
Srixon 745 4-PW - KBS C Taper 130x softstepped 1x
Vokey 50* F Grind - KBS C Taper 130
Vokey Wedgeworks 54V grind - KBS C Taper 130
Vokey Wedgeworks 60K, low bounce - KBS C Taper 130
Evnroll 1.1 (yup...square bumpers!)

23

#54 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Habitual Line Stepper

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,925 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 3967

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:32 AM

View Postosubuckeyes691, on 15 November 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

View Postgioguy21, on 15 November 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

View Postosubuckeyes691, on 15 November 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

Yes this posting is exactly the same as the other topic lol but I just want to make sure all eyes have a chance to chime in!


For those of you that have been playing the shaft....

I'm trying to determine the best tipping length and want to hear some opinions before I move forward. I currently play a KK DC XT 70tx. Tipped 1/2". Getting very solid numbers. Low spin drives are very low and normal drives are hovering around 2100 2200.

I ordered the Synergy proto 65tx because I wanted to try the slightly lighter weight based on the higher swing and ball speeds from the testing. Should I tip this 1/2" as well? Would it make sense to tip it 3/4" or 1" to get the spin down slightly and hopefully keep launch similar or slightly higher?

Thanks for your thoughts!
mine is currently untipped - 65TX, playing 45.25". haven't had issues with too much spin and control has been exceptional for me.

What shaft specs were you playing before the Synergy?
Xtorsion green 70tx, untipped same length

M3 460 10.5 / Diamana DF 70TX Tipped 1"

M4 3W / Diamana BF 90TX

P790 3I / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

MP18 MB 4I-PW /  CTaper Lite X

SM7 52 (8), 58 (8)  /  DG S200

MD3 Chrome 64 (8)  /  DG S200


Putters:

Piretti Tour Custom 801R / 35.5"


TP5x #1 "GIO"


24

#55 mizuno player

mizuno player

    Mizuno player

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119445
  • Joined: 12/27/2010
  • Location:maryland
GolfWRX Likes : 506

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:40 AM

View PostTollBros, on 08 November 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

Confirmed this profile is Tour only and absolutely will not be released retail in this form.

Will any version of this be available?


25

#56 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2686

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:23 PM

View Postmizuno player, on 15 November 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 08 November 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

Confirmed this profile is Tour only and absolutely will not be released retail in this form.

Will any version of this be available?

It is available in this form.

http://www.golfwrx.c...ne-tour-protos/
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

26

#57 cradd10

cradd10

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130920
  • Joined: 06/17/2011
  • Handicap:0
  • Ebay ID:craddock10
GolfWRX Likes : 359

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:57 PM

waiting for mine to show today......come on USPS
M1 460 Syngery Proto 75
17' M2 15° Hzdrus blk 6.5
X2Hot Pro 18°
P790 4-W. C-Taper 130x
Vokey SM6 50,55,60
Edel E-2

27

#58 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2686

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:22 AM

View Postcradd10, on 15 November 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

waiting for mine to show today......come on USPS

To the 30 people who got a 75tx consider yourself lucky. We are 100% out of 75.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

28

#59 Cruisin1966

Cruisin1966

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 480398
  • Joined: 08/28/2017
  • Location:Calgary, AB
  • Handicap:WIP
  • Ebay ID:platinum354
GolfWRX Likes : 113

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:16 AM

I'm having a difficult time reconciling come of the numbers for this shaft given that my SS is 106-110.  By all accounts, taking the Black Mamba numbers as a starting point, could one say that the Synergy "should" produce slightly better results?
Taylormade M2 2016 @ 8.2(+)º w/ Aldila SYNERGY Black Proto 65TX
King LTD @ 14.5º w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110 MSI 70S
Taylormade P790 UDI @ 17º w/ Tensei Pro White Proto Hybrid 90TX
Taylormade P730 4-P w/ UST Recoil 780 SmacWrap ES F4 Black
Taylormade Milled Grind @ 50.09º & 54.12º w/ UST Recoil 780 SmacWrap ES F4 Black
Taylormade Hi-Toe @ 60.09º w/ UST Recoil 780 SmacWrap ES F4 Black
Artisan 0117 PVD Deep Milled
TP5x

29

#60 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2686

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:55 PM

View PostCruisin1966, on 23 November 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

I'm having a difficult time reconciling come of the numbers for this shaft given that my SS is 106-110.  By all accounts, taking the Black Mamba numbers as a starting point, could one say that the Synergy "should" produce slightly better results?

Synergy will spin less. Assuming you need that, then yes.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors