Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Cart Cover - Magnetic

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Fiveten03

Fiveten03

Devin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 385208
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:52 AM

Anyone have any experience with cart covers, particularly those with magnetic doors? Played in a windy and cold tournament a week ago and I'm officially sold on their benefits. Looking at either EZMag or this 2Sider brand. Although considerably more expensive, I like the design of the 2Sider, US manufacturing and thus hopefully quality, no cheap zippers, and it's a more well thought out solution as opposed to magnetic insert workaround with EZ Mag.

Anyone have any experience with either of these?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 tannerdc

tannerdc

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17294
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:14 AM

Never seen/used an EZMag, but I can tell you from hands on experience that the 2Sider is thoughtfully designed and easily the best cover that I have ever used!

#3 Fiveten03

Fiveten03

Devin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:01 AM

Awesome. Spoke with Don this week. Going with 2Sider. Thx Tanner

#4 Fiveten03

Fiveten03

Devin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:10 PM

FYI for those interested - Purchased a cover at a clearance discount as the vinyl had some bleeding stains from the black cloth via a chemical reaction. They’re trying to rectify the situation for future covers but I believe they’re existing inventory is being liquidated. They’re not perfect, but definitely useable as the cover uses the front cart windshield instead of additional vinyl window.

Still expensive compared to other covers but this fits immaculately and the construction is robust. High denier nylon, thick vinyl, strong Velcro, and the magnets are sewn in instead of a zipper based retro fit. I’m banking on it lasting a life time of cold days in Colorado. Attention to detail is top notch and appreciate the subtle features: no front vinyl as it’s uses the carts windshield, a storing back rain cover for clubs, side external pockets, and the roll up storage system.  Can take some pics if interested otherwise their website has videos highlighting the features.

#5 vernon

vernon

Hi! My name's Holly! What's yours?

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11868
GolfWRX Likes : 205

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:18 AM

Fiveten03, on 28 November 2017 - 09:10 PM, said:

FYI for those interested - Purchased a cover at a clearance discount as the vinyl had some bleeding stains from the black cloth via a chemical reaction. They’re trying to rectify the situation for future covers but I believe they’re existing inventory is being liquidated. They’re not perfect, but definitely useable as the cover uses the front cart windshield instead of additional vinyl window.

Still expensive compared to other covers but this fits immaculately and the construction is robust. High denier nylon, thick vinyl, strong Velcro, and the magnets are sewn in instead of a zipper based retro fit. I’m banking on it lasting a life time of cold days in Colorado. Attention to detail is top notch and appreciate the subtle features: no front vinyl as it’s uses the carts windshield, a storing back rain cover for clubs, side external pockets, and the roll up storage system.  Can take some pics if interested otherwise their website has videos highlighting the features.
Would like to see some pictures when convenient!

#6 vernon

vernon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:45 AM

Just checked out the websites as well as a couple of youtube videos.  I agree that the 2Sider appears to be significantly superior but, dang, $459?

I recently bought a ClubPro "Hoodie" for $107.  Now, granted, it ain't gonna seal as well as the 2Sider and zippered doors are nowhere near as convenient as the magnetic but I don't know that I could justify an extra $350.  Heck, I only paid $600 for the DoorWorks enclosure on my personal cart at home with hinged doors.  

Anyways, I've used the ClubPro's for many years and have been very happy with them but find the "Hoodie" version to be their best to date due to the non-windshield feature.  No matter how high quality the vinyl windows might be on any cover they're gonna become cloudy and hard to see out of in relatively short order - especially if you put a vinyl one over an existing golf cart windshield.

I seldom mind spending top dollar on the best of anything that I buy and magnetic doors would be huge but, man, that's a lot of cash.

Nonetheless, good for you I say.  I'm sure you'll be beyond satisfied with that baby for many years to come!

Now I gotta figure out a way to retrofit some magnets!

#7 Fiveten03

Fiveten03

Devin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:39 PM

Totally, and I think you could retro fit a zipper based door enclosure for much less. The liquidation price was $285 plus shipping so like $300. Which is still super expensive but hoping it lasts a long time...
I’ll get some pics up soon, but it’s been sunny and in the 50-60s here so not needed yet.

#8 vernon

vernon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:21 AM

Fiveten03, on 29 November 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

Totally, and I think you could retro fit a zipper based door enclosure for much less. The liquidation price was $285 plus shipping so like $300. Which is still super expensive but hoping it lasts a long time...
I’ll get some pics up soon, but it’s been sunny and in the 50-60s here so not needed yet.
$285 would certainly be a bit more palatable.  As I mentioned, I don't mind in the least paying for the good stuff but since I retired I'm a bit more frugal when it comes to weighing the pros and cons of things I guess (actually, my WIFE is a bit more frugal since I retired).  

In fact, if I hadn't bought the Hoodie a couple of weeks ago I don't think I would have had too much of a problem springing for the $285 for this model as it really does look that much better!  

I actually checked Wrx and numerous other sites doing my due diligence before purchasing the Hoodie but, somehow, never stumbled upon the 2Sider.  Too bad I guess.

So far as longevity, it's been my experience that, except for the clear vinyl becoming difficult to see out of over time, the cover itself will last many years.  I've had to replace a bungee or two on the ones that incorporate that method to secure the cover as well as the plastic hooks but other than that there's just not much to go wrong.  Keep them clean and never fold or store them when wet and you should be good to go for quite some time.

The no vinyl windshield feature is definitely a game changer in that regard.

Good luck and happy winter golf!

#9 vanla01

vanla01

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120276
GolfWRX Likes : 122

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:33 PM

Fiveten03, on 11 November 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

Awesome. Spoke with Don this week. Going with 2Sider. Thx Tanner

I'm also in Colorado, any chance may I check out the 2 sider cover??  Thinking about one

#10 Fiveten03

Fiveten03

Devin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:30 PM

Absolutely, Send me a PM - I’m in Boulder

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 Two_Putt

Two_Putt

SEASONS GREETINGS

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,208 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 316443
  • Handicap:HIGH
  • Ebay ID:Par_Hunter
GolfWRX Likes : 499

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:12 PM

I ride with buddy who has a cart cover. I'll try and find out from him who the manufacturer is but IMO it's a piece of crap. The magnets on the doors don't line up properly so the doors fly open as your going down the path. It's not a installation issue but a design flaw. Here's a picture that I snapped last year.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3514.JPG

#12 vernon

vernon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:51 AM

Hmmm.  That's the new ClubPro model.  I was looking at it on their website a while back and actually thought that it looked really good.  It's also more of a "permanent" type enclosure and isn't for transferring from one cart to another.

It's also one of the more expensive options on the market at around $1200!

In that photo, it looks like a perfect fit installation wise so you must be right about the design problem.

Too bad, the concept seems to be really good but I guess with the rear hinged doors, the magnets need to be perfect in order to keep the doors closed when moving.  

I have a DoorWorks enclosure on my cart at home that is also a permanent style and, while its doors are also rear hinged, they have latches that keep them secured.  The magnetic doors would be way more convenient so far a ease of use but if they don't work then I guess it doesn't much matter.

Too bad as it looks really good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Josh_B

GolfWRX Sponsors