Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Best Place to Practice

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tiger1873

tiger1873

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 340777
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:34 PM

I am wondering what is everyones thoughts are for the best place to practice for juniors.  Our current club has gotten so busy it has become hard to play rounds and I looking for other options.  I am wondering if I need to find a new club or perhaps go to a practice  / range and public courses instead.

Edited by tiger1873, 31 October 2017 - 03:02 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
GolfWRX Likes : 803

Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:53 PM

It is in season now for Florida.  Gets too dark too early and every thing is full on the weekends.  I hate making tee times as we may only play 5 holes, sometimes 15 it just depends.  Our club is a practice facility only.  The day my son graduates is the day I stop giving them my money. Can't wait until the Blue Haired snow birds leave in April and they just got here.

#3 Tannerbug33

Tannerbug33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 464346
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 31 October 2017 - 04:45 PM

We are right the oppasite we send the blue hairs down there. Although our course is busy in the evening with 4 high school golf teams and 1 small college practicing. We often go to a course further away just to be able to hit the range, practice greens are maybe 9 holes. Only problem is there greens are not as good. They are much slower.
My dad goes to Sarasota in winter. We go in the summer slow season love it me and my son can play anywhere we want to for dirt cheap.
I'm starting him in tournament this year hope we can find one close to Sarasota this year just so he can play deferent caliber players. I hear Florida has some great JR golfers

#4 tiger1873

tiger1873

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 340777
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:31 AM

Seems like everyone does a little bit of everything. To me living on a golf course near the driving range would seem ideal.  I am trying to figure out if there is a way I can do lighted ranges/ Golf courses in the winter and then just have a summer membership when the daylight gets longer.

Current club isn't going to work much longer as they are cutting costs and not even putting out much range balls anymore so it almost useless even as a practice facility.  Sounds like I need to do a range and then just do some muni's until I figure out a long term solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors