Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

My mizuno mp-18 experience


165 replies to this topic

#1 Beast10

Beast10

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 461422
  • Joined: 03/31/2017
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:37 PM

I am a 15 handicap, who started playing a year ago. I usually hit middle of the clubface, with occasional miss hits. I want to throw away all those misconceptions about blades being hard to hit because my mp-18 feel easy to hit. Every now and then yes I do miss hit but 80% of the time on the range itís a good hit. I bought the whole blade set with project x lz 5.5 shafts. I hit my 7 about 170+ depending on how hard I try and swing. I feel like I didnít lose any distance with these at all. All I did was gain a nice looking club with great feel and workability. My handicap comes down to bad driving and poor putting. So why do people make a big fuss about blades being hard to hit?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 new2g0lf

new2g0lf

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,837 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114437
  • Joined: 09/06/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 1107

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:40 PM

 Beast10, on 26 October 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

I am a 15 handicap, who started playing a year ago. I usually hit middle of the clubface, with occasional miss hits. I want to throw away all those misconceptions about blades being hard to hit because my mp-18 feel easy to hit. Every now and then yes I do miss hit but 80% of the time on the range it's a good hit. I bought the whole blade set with project x lz 5.5 shafts. I hit my 7 about 170+ depending on how hard I try and swing. I feel like I didn't lose any distance with these at all. All I did was gain a nice looking club with great feel and workability. My handicap comes down to bad driving and poor putting. So why do people make a big fuss about blades being hard to hit?

You bought the 718 MB and you didn't lose any distance?

2

#3 jasonp87

jasonp87

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400570
  • Joined: 10/23/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 215

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:09 PM

If you hit a 7i 170y that px lz 5.5 must be a wet noodle.
Driver-----Callaway Epic SZ (9.0*) Fujikura Pro 62 S 45.25"
3W---------Cobra King F6 3/4W (14.5*) Aldila Tour Blue 75 S 42.65"
5W---------Cobra King F6 Baffler 4/5W (17.5*) Aldila Tour Blue 85 S 41.75"
3H---------Cobra King F6 3/4H (20.5) Fujikura Motore Speeder 9.8 TS S 39.5"
Irons-------Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW C Taper S
Wedges---Cleveland RTX 3 (52/MG 58/LG) C Taper S/KBS 610 Wedge S
Putter------Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" SS Midslim 2.0
Golf Ball--Pro V1, ProV1x, Z Star, B300RX
Clubs TLT'D @ Dans Custom Golf

3

#4 Chuck905

Chuck905

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400908
  • Joined: 10/27/2015
  • Location:Niagara Falls
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:32 PM

Blades aren't hard to hit; it's just not for everybody because they weren't design for everybody.

I know when my game is peaking, I get the most out of my 900T than I could with any cast irons or game improvement forged irons.

4

#5 Beast10

Beast10

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 461422
  • Joined: 03/31/2017
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:41 PM

 jasonp87, on 26 October 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

If you hit a 7i 170y that px lz 5.5 must be a wet noodle.
Not at all, I just felt it better than the 6.0 for me and I also have knee issues so I decided to get the softer shaft for when injuries occur


5

#6 JohnnyBarr

JohnnyBarr

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483530
  • Joined: 10/05/2017
  • Location:Washington
  • Handicap:17
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:41 PM

Very interesting, I just started playing a year ago this month, Iím a 17 handicap and have been using titleist dci 962 5-pw, 3 and 4 are titleist 816 h2 hybrids. I seem to strike my 962ís pretty good most of the time. Iím getting fitted for some mp18ís this weekend, was thinking of going with 5-pw sc. Iíll definitely check the numbers and compare the sc to the blades.

6

#7 Beast10

Beast10

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 461422
  • Joined: 03/31/2017
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:42 PM

 new2g0lf, on 26 October 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

 Beast10, on 26 October 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

I am a 15 handicap, who started playing a year ago. I usually hit middle of the clubface, with occasional miss hits. I want to throw away all those misconceptions about blades being hard to hit because my mp-18 feel easy to hit. Every now and then yes I do miss hit but 80% of the time on the range it's a good hit. I bought the whole blade set with project x lz 5.5 shafts. I hit my 7 about 170+ depending on how hard I try and swing. I feel like I didn't lose any distance with these at all. All I did was gain a nice looking club with great feel and workability. My handicap comes down to bad driving and poor putting. So why do people make a big fuss about blades being hard to hit?

You bought the 718 MB and you didn't lose any distance?
I forgot to mention I was coming off mp-25 irons to mp 18 mb
And all the lofts are standard

7

#8 Beast10

Beast10

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 461422
  • Joined: 03/31/2017
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:43 PM

 JohnnyBarr, on 26 October 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

Very interesting, I just started playing a year ago this month, Iím a 17 handicap and have been using titleist dci 962 5-pw, 3 and 4 are titleist 816 h2 hybrids. I seem to strike my 962ís pretty good most of the time. Iím getting fitted for some mp18ís this weekend, was thinking of going with 5-pw sc. Iíll definitely check the numbers and compare the sc to the blades.
I had some mp-25 so I thought the forgiveness wouldnít be much of a difference so I just said ďf itĒ and went all blades 4-pw and a fli hi 2 iron. I would definitely get the right shaft and they will work wonders

8

#9 JohnnyBarr

JohnnyBarr

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483530
  • Joined: 10/05/2017
  • Location:Washington
  • Handicap:17
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:45 PM

 Beast10, on 26 October 2017 - 07:43 PM, said:

 JohnnyBarr, on 26 October 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

Very interesting, I just started playing a year ago this month, Iím a 17 handicap and have been using titleist dci 962 5-pw, 3 and 4 are titleist 816 h2 hybrids. I seem to strike my 962ís pretty good most of the time. Iím getting fitted for some mp18ís this weekend, was thinking of going with 5-pw sc. Iíll definitely check the numbers and compare the sc to the blades.
I had some mp-25 so I thought the forgiveness wouldnít be much of a difference so I just said ďf itĒ and went all blades 4-pw and a fli hi 2 iron. I would definitely get the right shaft and they will work wonders
I currently have dg s300, Iíll definitely be trying all the shafts I can.

Edited by JohnnyBarr, 26 October 2017 - 07:47 PM.


9

#10 Kale_m

Kale_m

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 257042
  • Joined: 06/18/2013
  • Location:Calgary, AB
  • Handicap:0.2
GolfWRX Likes : 258

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:48 PM

Take them out to the course and play with them. Anyone can groove a swing with them on the range. That is why most guys here buy them then 2 weeks later they are in the BST because playing actual golf is different then beating range ball after range ball.

I agree blades are not all that bad if you have a consistent move. But being on the course is a lot different then a perfectly flat Matt or driving range deck with a perfect lie


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Beast10

Beast10

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 461422
  • Joined: 03/31/2017
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:50 PM

 Kale_m, on 26 October 2017 - 08:48 PM, said:

Take them out to the course and play with them. Anyone can groove a swing with them on the range. That is why most guys here buy them then 2 weeks later they are in the BST because playing actual golf is different then beating range ball after range ball.

I agree blades are not all that bad if you have a consistent move. But being on the course is a lot different then a perfectly flat Matt or driving range deck with a perfect lie
This is true although I for some reason am worse at the range than at the course. Guess I focus more so I donít lose the ball or hit someone

11

#12 new2g0lf

new2g0lf

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,837 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114437
  • Joined: 09/06/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 1107

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:14 PM

 Beast10, on 26 October 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

 new2g0lf, on 26 October 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

 Beast10, on 26 October 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

I am a 15 handicap, who started playing a year ago. I usually hit middle of the clubface, with occasional miss hits. I want to throw away all those misconceptions about blades being hard to hit because my mp-18 feel easy to hit. Every now and then yes I do miss hit but 80% of the time on the range it's a good hit. I bought the whole blade set with project x lz 5.5 shafts. I hit my 7 about 170+ depending on how hard I try and swing. I feel like I didn't lose any distance with these at all. All I did was gain a nice looking club with great feel and workability. My handicap comes down to bad driving and poor putting. So why do people make a big fuss about blades being hard to hit?

You bought the 718 MB and you didn't lose any distance?
I forgot to mention I was coming off mp-25 irons to mp 18 mb
And all the lofts are standard

That makes sense, the lofts are the same for the 7i (34*), assuming the shafts aren't that much different I wouldn't expect you to lose yardage.

12

#13 Beast10

Beast10

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 461422
  • Joined: 03/31/2017
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:32 PM

 new2g0lf, on 26 October 2017 - 10:14 PM, said:

 Beast10, on 26 October 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

 new2g0lf, on 26 October 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

 Beast10, on 26 October 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

I am a 15 handicap, who started playing a year ago. I usually hit middle of the clubface, with occasional miss hits. I want to throw away all those misconceptions about blades being hard to hit because my mp-18 feel easy to hit. Every now and then yes I do miss hit but 80% of the time on the range it's a good hit. I bought the whole blade set with project x lz 5.5 shafts. I hit my 7 about 170+ depending on how hard I try and swing. I feel like I didn't lose any distance with these at all. All I did was gain a nice looking club with great feel and workability. My handicap comes down to bad driving and poor putting. So why do people make a big fuss about blades being hard to hit?

You bought the 718 MB and you didn't lose any distance?
I forgot to mention I was coming off mp-25 irons to mp 18 mb
And all the lofts are standard

That makes sense, the lofts are the same for the 7i (34*), assuming the shafts aren't that much different I wouldn't expect you to lose yardage.
I bought into the whole boron giving more distance! Lol and I hear musclebacks will always have less distance but I guess I got it right with the shaft combination.

13

#14 ARL67

ARL67

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56606
  • Joined: 05/27/2008
  • Location:Waterloo, ON, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:14 PM

I too avoided blades forever, based on the typical "blades are only for scratch golfers" dialogue.  That was until I impulsively bought a set of MP-4 and my golfing world changed when I discovered the addictive feel of a well struck ball.  When I have swing errors, they are usually of a larger nature that whatever forgiveness a CB or GI iron imparts, it is never enough to save a stroke.  I have a set of JPX-900F as well, and score the same as my MP-4 , but enjoy playing my MP-4 more.  One's cap', be it high or low, is based on a lot of things other than just iron play.

14

#15 Need4spd

Need4spd

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53885
  • Joined: 04/16/2008
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:17 PM

You guys must be the best 15+ handicaps of all time. I’ve played with a 15 handicap or two in my day and they’re not hitting the center of the club face nearly as often as you guys.

In the Hoofer

TaylorMade M2 9.5* (2016) Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6X
TaylorMade M2 15* (2016) Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7X
TaylorMade Tour Preferred UDI #3 KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95|X
Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.10(F) | 54.10(S) | 58.10(S) Project X LZ 6.5
TaylorMade Spider Tour Red Sightline
Titleist ProV1X

15

#16 Chuck905

Chuck905

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400908
  • Joined: 10/27/2015
  • Location:Niagara Falls
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:11 PM

 Need4spd, on 27 October 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

You guys must be the best 15+ handicaps of all time. Iíve played with a 15 handicap or two in my day and theyíre not hitting the center of the club face nearly as often as you guys.

Thanks for the edifying words.....was that sarcasm?

16

#17 hackalot

hackalot

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9275
  • Joined: 01/02/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:24 PM

 Kale_m, on 26 October 2017 - 08:48 PM, said:

Take them out to the course and play with them. Anyone can groove a swing with them on the range. That is why most guys here buy them then 2 weeks later they are in the BST because playing actual golf is different then beating range ball after range ball.

I agree blades are not all that bad if you have a consistent move. But being on the course is a lot different then a perfectly flat Matt or driving range deck with a perfect lie

 Kale_m, on 26 October 2017 - 08:48 PM, said:

Take them out to the course and play with them. Anyone can groove a swing with them on the range. That is why most guys here buy them then 2 weeks later they are in the BST because playing actual golf is different then beating range ball after range ball.

I agree blades are not all that bad if you have a consistent move. But being on the course is a lot different then a perfectly flat Matt or driving range deck with a perfect lie

 Kale_m, on 26 October 2017 - 08:48 PM, said:

Take them out to the course and play with them. Anyone can groove a swing with them on the range. That is why most guys here buy them then 2 weeks later they are in the BST because playing actual golf is different then beating range ball after range ball.

I agree blades are not all that bad if you have a consistent move. But being on the course is a lot different then a perfectly flat Matt or driving range deck with a perfect lie


For some reason I hit awful shots on range that I never hit on course and I blame it on overly sandy turf. Lots of these ranges have just awful turf and almost like a  sand trap with grass. Very frustrating at times.

Edited by hackalot, 27 October 2017 - 09:27 PM.

Cobra Fly-Z+
Titleist 913hd 18 deg
Ping S55 3-pw x100
Titleist SM6 54 & 58
Scotty Newport 2

17

#18 Need4spd

Need4spd

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53885
  • Joined: 04/16/2008
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:51 PM

 Chuck905, on 27 October 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

 Need4spd, on 27 October 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

You guys must be the best 15+ handicaps of all time. I’ve played with a 15 handicap or two in my day and they’re not hitting the center of the club face nearly as often as you guys.

Thanks for the edifying words.....was that sarcasm?


Nooooo, of course not.
In the Hoofer

TaylorMade M2 9.5* (2016) Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6X
TaylorMade M2 15* (2016) Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7X
TaylorMade Tour Preferred UDI #3 KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95|X
Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.10(F) | 54.10(S) | 58.10(S) Project X LZ 6.5
TaylorMade Spider Tour Red Sightline
Titleist ProV1X

18

#19 rooneps

rooneps

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74228
  • Joined: 02/01/2009
  • Location:uk
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:55 PM

If you hit your7 iron 170 then you must have a ball speed of 125 ish
That would put you on the same level as many tour pros
Don’t waste your money on irons get some short game lessons you must be terrible in that department

19

#20 doublehans

doublehans

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 312587
  • Joined: 05/01/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:39 AM

 rooneps, on 27 October 2017 - 11:55 PM, said:

If you hit your7 iron 170 then you must have a ball speed of 125 ish
That would put you on the same level as many tour pros
Don’t waste your money on irons get some short game lessons you must be terrible in that department

come on guys, ive seen plenty of dudes that hit it 170 w a 7i who just arent good ball strikers and lose a lot of shots from 100+ out. unless your course is forgiving when you are not in the fairway, the longer you are, the more you get penalized for bad swings. i play with a guy sometimes of the same handicap range, he hits a little further, but similar, short game is NOT his issue, chipping is the best part of game (perhaps because he misses so many greens and gets so much practice at it lol)

Edited by doublehans, 28 October 2017 - 07:50 AM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 Chewey85

Chewey85

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481436
  • Joined: 09/09/2017
  • Location:Charlotte NC
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:55 AM

View Postrooneps, on 27 October 2017 - 11:55 PM, said:

If you hit your7 iron 170 then you must have a ball speed of 125 ish
That would put you on the same level as many tour pros
Donít waste your money on irons get some short game lessons you must be terrible in that department

This comment is just as bad as the one in disbelief about a 7 iron going 170.

Ive seen tour pros can hit 7 irons over 200.

Hitting the ball far does not make you pro level. Lots of guys can hit a ball hard. I hit my 7 180. I can hit a drive over 300. I'll never be a tour pro. I'm just big and can hit the ball hard lol.

Also you can be a 15 handicap and be a great ballstriker. Getting the ball near the green is just half the battle 😂😂😂

21

#22 Warrick

Warrick

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,942 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
  • Joined: 09/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 3753

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:06 AM

View PostChewey85, on 28 October 2017 - 07:55 AM, said:

View Postrooneps, on 27 October 2017 - 11:55 PM, said:

If you hit your7 iron 170 then you must have a ball speed of 125 ish
That would put you on the same level as many tour pros
Don't waste your money on irons get some short game lessons you must be terrible in that department

This comment is just as bad as the one in disbelief about a 7 iron going 170.

Ive seen tour pros can hit 7 irons over 200.

Hitting the ball far does not make you pro level. Lots of guys can hit a ball hard. I hit my 7 180. I can hit a drive over 300. I'll never be a tour pro. I'm just big and can hit the ball hard lol.

Also you can be a 15 handicap and be a great ballstriker. Getting the ball near the green is just half the battle ������


15 and a great ball striker?    I don't know about that.  A great ball striker does not just get the ball near the green, a great ball striker's miss is 25 ft from the pin.
GBB Epic 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60 - 47" (animal)
Epic SZ 3+ - Tensei Pro Orange 70 - 44"
Epic 3H - Recoil
MP18 Fli-Hi - LZ 6.0
Mizuno JPX 900F - PX LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
Odyssey Black 7s-Tank-34"

22

#23 Chewey85

Chewey85

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481436
  • Joined: 09/09/2017
  • Location:Charlotte NC
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:42 AM

Then say good if it makes you feel better. My whole point is how far you hit it isn't an indicator of how good you are. And a handicap doesn't decide if a set of irons is playable or not.

Edited by Chewey85, 28 October 2017 - 08:56 AM.


23

#24 Baitkiller

Baitkiller

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 359765
  • Joined: 01/27/2015
  • Location:SW Fl.
  • Handicap:Yes
GolfWRX Likes : 700

Posted 28 October 2017 - 09:23 AM

15 cap. Could just as easy be a 20 and if I practiced at all could maybe get to a 12. I hit all my irons reasonably well; ball first, clean divot, high launch good carry and pretty straight. Misses are a bit blocked left or right by probably 50 feet. So yeah I hit nice pretty looking iron shots that just miss allot of greens left, right short and long. That gets me into lots of water and bunkers. Ergo the 15 could be a 20 deal. I don't practice.... ever. I find no difference except for distance when playing my old ~'70 ish Wilsons compared to my MP52 X100s. The Wilsons will sting a bit on misses but the results aren't much different. And the MP52s could be described as almost GI by Mizuno standards.  I hit my sons coaches MP5 C taper 5 iron last week. Felt and performed just like my 52s. No diff.
My sons AP1 714 with Fujis on the other hand feel like cheating. Ill bet I could shave a few strokes with those things. Definitely easier to hit but that may just be the weight of them.
The wear marks on my irons are low, center and a little under ball sized.
Summary:
1)Yeah a 15 cap can hit pure feeling and nice looking iron shots that just miss so he seldom gets good chances to score. Its also difficult for ones iron play to shine when his driver has him hitting from the cabbage. That's me all day.
2) I think modern GI irons are definitely easier to strike clean than traditional blades.
3) I honestly think that at the end of the day, as a 15 cap, when you tally the card you wouldn't see a 2 shot difference between sets. Any heads, any shafts. You can lump persimmon woods in there as well if you like because I've proven that to myself as well. Gear makes 2 shots difference when you score in the 90s, maybe. When you score in the 70s tolerances tighten up and the effect of your equipment could very well play a much larger role the final score. Perhaps 10 shots or more as the difference is now feet, not yards.
I can Break Rocks
Krank F-5.. UST Tour and or the Cobra F7+ > no winner yet.
Adams Speedline 15* Wasabi stiff
XXIO 5 wood , proprietary shaft
Wilson 2 iron from the 1980s, teaspoon shaft unknown.
Mizuno MP-52 3-PW (48*), DG X100, may soon get recoils.
Mizuno MP R-12 at 54* and 60* DG spinners.
Bettinardi C-01
THE Kirkland Signature 4 piece urethane cover golf ball.

24

#25 Baitkiller

Baitkiller

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 359765
  • Joined: 01/27/2015
  • Location:SW Fl.
  • Handicap:Yes
GolfWRX Likes : 700

Posted 28 October 2017 - 09:28 AM

Not sure if I managed to say what I wanted to say. :golfer:

I can Break Rocks
Krank F-5.. UST Tour and or the Cobra F7+ > no winner yet.
Adams Speedline 15* Wasabi stiff
XXIO 5 wood , proprietary shaft
Wilson 2 iron from the 1980s, teaspoon shaft unknown.
Mizuno MP-52 3-PW (48*), DG X100, may soon get recoils.
Mizuno MP R-12 at 54* and 60* DG spinners.
Bettinardi C-01
THE Kirkland Signature 4 piece urethane cover golf ball.

25

#26 hardcaliber

hardcaliber

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108001
  • Joined: 05/14/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 128

Posted 28 October 2017 - 09:59 AM

A small subset of people who are not great ball strikers will do better hitting clubs that are typically meant for really good ball strikers. I think this is a real effect. I'm not really sure why it is. I don't think it has anything to do inherently with a mb vs cb design. I have speculated in the past that it may be due to the fact that many of the blade type irons come with heavier shafts off the rack and maybe people are responding to the shafts more than the head. I've also wondered whether it's less offset or perhaps more loft that some people respond positively to rather than the mb design itself. At the end of the day, I think you should try a bunch of stuff and play what you like.

26

#27 Beast10

Beast10

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 461422
  • Joined: 03/31/2017
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 28 October 2017 - 03:52 PM

All I was saying is I hit my irons well and canít putt worth you know what

27

#28 Chuck905

Chuck905

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400908
  • Joined: 10/27/2015
  • Location:Niagara Falls
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:23 PM

Life is a mere vapour of water that quickly dissipates; therefore, please go hit blades because you want to.

Not because of these maroons that satisfy themselves in threads they don't belong to, for the 15 handicaps drive the golf industry and therefore are the most important.

Edited by Chuck905, 28 October 2017 - 06:24 PM.


28

#29 Chuck905

Chuck905

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400908
  • Joined: 10/27/2015
  • Location:Niagara Falls
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:04 PM

View PostNeed4spd, on 27 October 2017 - 09:51 PM, said:

View PostChuck905, on 27 October 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

View PostNeed4spd, on 27 October 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

You guys must be the best 15+ handicaps of all time. Iíve played with a 15 handicap or two in my day and theyíre not hitting the center of the club face nearly as often as you guys.

Thanks for the edifying words.....was that sarcasm?


Nooooo, of course not.

Before the Internet, we called called this person a troll that sat under bridges and ate farmer's goats. Some how, they migrated to the Internet.....

29

#30 2putttom

2putttom

    # 1 Oregon Duck fan

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177144
  • Joined: 04/24/2012
  • Location:N.California, LInks @ Bodega Bay
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 3719

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:35 PM

View PostKale_m, on 26 October 2017 - 08:48 PM, said:

Take them out to the course and play with them. Anyone can groove a swing with them on the range. That is why most guys here buy them then 2 weeks later they are in the BST because playing actual golf is different then beating range ball after range ball.

I agree blades are not all that bad if you have a consistent move. But being on the course is a lot different then a perfectly flat Matt or driving range deck with a perfect lie
^ this and then report back after 6-10 rounds.

Tour Exotics E 8 15*
Adams CMB 4-6  MB2's 7-9 1 more season
Mizuno Mp 4 52 MP T7 56 &60
Bobby Grace The Little Man (google it)
Oregon Ducks Bag

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



12 user(s) are reading this topic

6 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users


    bigdog282, Bobcat43, Hubijerk, sphna12d, Left Rough, buzlin

GolfWRX Sponsors