Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Any other hikers out there?

124 replies to this topic

#121 One_Putt_Blunder

One_Putt_Blunder

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,044 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56737
GolfWRX Likes : 3810

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:43 AM

Only 1 shot from this weekend repeat hike that I have already posted pics of. Just shot this shot was cool with the sun rising behind the peak

Posted Image

@oneputtblunder
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#122 gambit

gambit

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120529
GolfWRX Likes : 734

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:18 PM

Dam bro. You've been out there getting it done! That's awesome! The only thing I'm disappointed in is that you didn't get the dog a bacon cheeseburger. I'm sure the aftermath would've been great lol.
Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Orange v3 60TX
Taylormade Tour Issue 2016 M1 3HL and 5w w/ Tensei Pro Blue 80TX
Taylormade P730 4-P w/ KBS Tour-V S+
Miura New Wedge Series 51, 55, 59 w/ KBS Tour-V Wedge Shafts
Byron Morgan DH89 or 612

#123 One_Putt_Blunder

One_Putt_Blunder

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,044 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:31 PM

View Postgambit, on 05 February 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

Dam bro. You've been out there getting it done! That's awesome! The only thing I'm disappointed in is that you didn't get the dog a bacon cheeseburger. I'm sure the aftermath would've been great lol.

HA that would have been a mess !

The 3 week break sucked I was planning on having my milestone hike to complete the preserve done by now :( but needed to ease back into it a bit. Knee felt solid after this weekend, I think I will go for one more 10-12 miler before taking on the big one. With our temps lately I might be headed north sooner than expected. Pushing 80 degrees for the next week so it is sunrise or bust lol.

I also am kicking around the idea of completing the 808 mile AZ Trail sometime in the next couple years. It is 43 passages that run from the southern border with Mexico all the way through the center of the state up to the northern border with Utah I would do over the weekends mostly as day hikes of 11-26 miles, a few of the passages I would have to do as overnight backpack trips due to access and location of trailheads. I am in the initial stages of looking at the passages and looking at logistics. I would also like to hike and raise funds for a charity so starting to look at different charities and best way to do it like go fund me and social media etc. The charity piece provides good motivation to finish the trail and goes to a good cause. I have been fortunate to do so cool stuff in my life, but I think this would be one of the coolest stories I could tell completing the trail.
@oneputtblunder
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
WITB Link

#124 One_Putt_Blunder

One_Putt_Blunder

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,044 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:19 PM

Good example that shows that the desert is not just a dry arid wasteland like some people want to think. This is 20 miles due north from my place. Elevation 2900-4100 feet. This area was devastated by the cave creek complex fire in 2005 which is still the 3rd or 4th biggest wildfire in state history. There was still evidence of the fire but for the most part the area has recovered. Keep in mind we have had an unusually dry winter so far with something like .5 inch of rain vs 2.5 normal ytd, the creek is low but still running. Looks like we have some rain in the forecast this week which should help.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Not too often you run across a crested saguaro, this one with multiple crests was spectacular.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Switch from riparian area into high desert 3600-4100 feet
Skull Mesa, Seen in previous hikes from the other side. This is a future hike, supposed to be a bunch of Indian ruins up there.
Posted Image
Views for miles
Posted Image
Left over reminders of the 05 fire
Posted Image
Entire hill is green, Ponderosa Pines start making their appearances around 4k elevation
Posted Image
Wonder who this AB fellow was, the area is littered with former prospect sites on the USGS Topo map so best guess is a prospector along the creek looking for gold.
Posted Image

Our seasons are confused, it is February and still signs of fall along the creek
Posted Image
@oneputtblunder
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
WITB Link

#125 One_Putt_Blunder

One_Putt_Blunder

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,044 posts
  •  

Posted Today, 02:27 PM

New personal bests for me in terms of distance and elevation gain. Also completed all the trails in the southern section of the  Scottsdale Mcdowell Perserve
Posted Image
Posted Image

Little boulder hopping to start
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lunch break spot up on the old mine
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Mile 12.5 to mile 13.2 gained about 1100 feet was brutal

Posted Image

@oneputtblunder