Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Precision Pro GPS?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 larson92

larson92

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48885
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:39 AM

I have a Bushnell Neo-x that mostly does what I need, except:

1) It doesnít update quickly.  (Sometimes, it almost doesnít seem to update at all while Iím standing at my ball waiting for it.)

2) It canít track the distance of your shot AND give the distance to the green from the same location.  You are either in shot mode or distance to the green modeóand switching to distance to green mode ends your shot tracking.

3) Itís a little big.  Not too badóand one of the better ones when I bought it, but itís not small.

Iíve been thinking of getting a Precision Pro GPS since it fixes all three of the above problems.  It also only costs $100.

What other watches should I consider?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 FiveGís

FiveGís

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483102
  • Handicap:17
  • Ebay ID:Awg1217
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:57 AM

The Bushnell Excel is a good choice for upgrading. I have been using one for the past month and it has been great.

#3 Rickochet

Rickochet

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19313
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:20 AM

View Postlarson92, on 22 October 2017 - 04:39 AM, said:

I have a Bushnell Neo-x that mostly does what I need, except:

1) It doesn't update quickly.  (Sometimes, it almost doesn't seem to update at all while I'm standing at my ball waiting for it.)

2) It can't track the distance of your shot AND give the distance to the green from the same location.  You are either in shot mode or distance to the green mode—and switching to distance to green mode ends your shot tracking.

3) It's a little big.  Not too bad—and one of the better ones when I bought it, but it's not small.

I've been thinking of getting a Precision Pro GPS since it fixes all three of the above problems.  It also only costs $100.

I have had 5 different GPS watches over the years and got the Precision Pro early this season.  I really like the watch.  It is very light and I like it much better than Bushnell Neo X.  The buttons are so much easier to use than the Neo X.  It is very intuitive and easy to navigate.  The only negs are the band and the charger clip.  There is no clasp.  The band has two snaps that push into holes in the band.  It is a bit of a PITA to get snapped.  If it comes loose on the course it is a real problem to get it back on without my reading glasses.  Last week I was carrying in groceries after a round and noticed the watch missing when I sat down.  My wife found it in another room where I had snagged it and it fell off.  The charger is also a bit of a PITA to get snapped onto the watch.  If you can deal with the band and the charger issues you will really like the watch.

Edited by Rickochet, 28 October 2017 - 07:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors