Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 2 votes

What made you quit the endless cycle of buying/ selling clubs?!

183 replies to this topic

#61 nattybohknows

nattybohknows

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 413022
GolfWRX Likes : 110

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:11 PM

My journey and recovery with irons. Short summary- I was an idiot

I have been fortunate being financially stable (not luxurious by any means) with two young kiddos, 7&2 now 6&1 when I went down the rabbit hole (with one childcare expense that makes me nauseous but that is our choice) but I never splurged on myself. I also have an addictive personality. For my 30th last year my wife told me to upgrade my entire bag after having the same set from when I got into golf prior.  Getting into Golfwrx (seriously look at my first post I was a overwhelmed lost child) I had no idea how to proceed. I had the driver (fly z at golf galaxy for 180) and putter squared away from golf galaxy gift cards I got for christmas from family. Wife bought me the bag and told me to get whatever I wanted for the irons. I had an iron budget I felt was more than generous ($500) where I wasn't overly splurging but to be honest I felt dirty (which get's even worse when I get into my Scotty putter experiment from this past year. Learned my lesson never again).

Anyways got my first set after research (not demoing- first mistake) of the 2014 Apex. Paid 470 for them (Great within budget). Played a few rounds with them, was a club and a half shorter than my TM Burner plus I bought in college. I believe the burners were stronger loft but not that bad.  I know the Apex were tweeners and less forgiving but questioning what club to use for a 140 yd out shot to the green (and settling on a 5 iron) was depressing as hell. Learned from it I hate the XP95 shaft R300. Didn't want to tell the wife I thought I made a mistake. I told myself If I could sell them for a profit, and buy something else then its nothing more than a failed experiment. I told myself I wasn't going to spend a dollar more on another set. Sold them quickly on Ebay for more than I paid. I had no idea the cost to ship irons and that ebay would hold funds and how much fees I would get hit with. Decided to go back to Taylormade and get the RSI 1 for 415 I believe. As I had a vacation coming up and a scramble my wife told me to purchase them prior to the Apex clearing. So now I am 900 something in on irons hoping to god there is no issues with the sale (I packaged them up I thought well) and it would clear.

Not a damn thing was wrong with the RSI 1s. But I saw the EZ Forged prices on ebay were low read too much watched too many reviews. Decided I needed to sell the RSI 1 after a month and three rounds. Took longer to sell them didn't make much on them at all but still made it happen. Got the EZ Forged with the XP Shaft. I knew better but they looked so freaking pretty and had I could have a golf galaxy $1000 set for below $400. Plus I told myself these were S300 I would hit them better. Club guessing again and pride that my 63 year old dad is questioning why I have to use 2 clubs different than his Karsten and I sold them.

Said I would go back to Game Improvement. Made a healthy sale on Craigslist but at this point the wife was asking what the hell would make me happy. Bought the Ping G's on ebay which was a draining process to get them in the price range I wanted and hell of a lot of communicating and wheeling and dealing. Never played Ping people love them and hell it reminded me of the Burners with the badge. Plus I figured if it didnt work this time, Ping is popular. Had to pay in the upper part of the range (I think it was 490) to get them. Played them and at this point it was an addiction. Aint nothing wrong with them but I wanted to chase something else. I wanted Srixon everyone raved on here about the 545. I thought it would be an easy sale to recoup what I paid. I was wrong. I tried 3 times on BST couldnt make it happen (3 months) They sat on Craigslist the same time too. This whole time I didn't play them because the finish wears pretty quickly and I didn't want to loss value. This whole time I am being low balled and dealing with people on Craigslist who want me to drive an hour so they can test them out. I golfed less last year than any point of when I got into golf and I was excited about playing winter golf since I had more flexibility with my job last year.

Finally after 4+ months, I sold them at a loss (but overally I had a freaking spreadsheet tracking it I was out ahead) and got the Z545. I was emotionally drained and spent from it and thankfully I got lucky because I love the irons (I should've freaking tried them out). Should've learned my lesson when I had the opportunity to splurge on a putter this  and dealt with that drama this year with the Scotty I thought I wanted and spent awhile selling because I didn't need it and felt wrong owning it so I could get something cheaper to compliment my 80 odyssey blade.

I am done hoing. I'll probably get a new driver next year and I would like to get the CBX wedge when it sells for $75-80 but it was draining to me and not worth it. Had I demoed the apex I never would've bought them. Try before buy is my best advice. For me I learned freedom was a bad thing for my impulses. If I had excess income I can understand how it would get addictive and could see it more enjoyable but trying to stay within a budget, it wasn't worth it. I have more important priorities in my life right now.

/end story thanks for listening

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 grm24

grm24

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
GolfWRX Likes : 1019

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:45 PM

View PostTitleist983K, on 18 October 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

I've bought and sold more clubs this year than anytime in the past. I'm understanding that clubs make very little to no difference in the scores I shoot. Yet I continue searching through the BST, Ebay, and Craigslist to hopefully find that magic club or deal. It's completely consuming and stressful to be honest. Any advice on how to quit this endless cycle?
I haven't quit. While I have my "gamers" I simply like to try out new clubs, shafts, balls, etc. Sometimes you get a surprise and end up with a new stick in the bag. I've cut back some on buying clubs but still buy plenty.

#63 MuskieCy

MuskieCy

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29480
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:41 PM

DO LIKE ME.

JUST BUY!!!!!!

SELLING SUCKS!!!

#64 Stonewalled

Stonewalled

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 311179
  • Ebay ID:stonewalljim
GolfWRX Likes : 354

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:02 PM

View PostBonesaw, on 18 October 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

Well 14 years ago I got sent to federal prison.  Stopped then.  Then about 14 months ago I had a myocardial infarction and didn't wake up until about 2 days ago.

My g400 will be here tomorow
What took so long. lol  2 days without any type of club. Lucky u didn't have a cardiac arrest.

#65 phatchrisrules

phatchrisrules

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20680
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 365

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:55 AM

For me it was finally settling down and doing on a fitting on the clubs in my bag that I tended to cycle through rather quickly.  I typically have fairway woods and hybrids for at least 2-3 seasons so those were never really an issue.  Some years I had 2-3 drivers and the same number of iron sets.  

About 3-4 seasons ago I got fit for a G30 LS driver and it has been magical since.  My FIR have shot up, I am just as long, if not longer than the current beasts being offered (G400, Epic, M2) and with much more confidence.  I am thinking I can push this driver through another Ping driver turnover before it might be worth exploring something new.  My irons I finally got fit for this year instead of going through roughly an iron set a year and the results have been decent.  My handicap/scoring average has gone down by about 3-4 strokes so I'm happy, and my worst games are basically on par with my good games last year.  I'm still fiddling if I should be 1/2 long or standard length (6' tall, 36" WTF) as I am kind of right on the cusp, but once I figure that out I'll be good.  Wedges I haven't really gotten along with but I plan on doing a wedge fitting this winter to see if I can make them pop.

G30 LS Tec - Ping Tour Stiff
Taylormade M2 Tour 15* - KK Silver DC 70X
Taylormade R15 TP 17* - Graphite Design MJ 6X
Not sure yet on irons
Miura 50* - Aldila RIP 115 Stiff
Nike Engage 55* Toe Sweep and 59* Square Sole - DG s300
Bettinardi Inovai

#66 73monte

73monte

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3106
GolfWRX Likes : 59

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:00 AM

Just came to the realization, that golf clubs just aren't getting better anymore. I have what I would consider some vintage clubs that are definitely better than current models. I'm not talking old clubs, mostly from the past 5 years or so.

Still, it is fun to get something new, and bring it out for the first time. That was always the hook for me. I'll still buy the odd thing, but just no where near with the expectation I once had.
Bridgestone J715 10.5
Adams Tight-lies Titanium 13.5d. fairway
Adams Super LS 17d. hybrid
Mizuno JPX-850 forged 4-pw
Callaway Jaws 54d. 58d.
Odyssey white hot tour #2

#67 Bad9

Bad9

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,356 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94897
  • Handicap:9.2
GolfWRX Likes : 1420

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:06 AM

Why quit? The only time I ever bought a club expecting it to be noticeably better than what I had is when 460cc, higher COR drivers came along. Other than that I get new to me clubs because I like to try different stuff. I almost never buy a new club at retail. I think the last one I bought new was my Mizuno Bettinardi C06 I bought at Golftown in 2010.And it was on sale for $99 marked down from $199.

Edited by Bad9, 20 October 2017 - 07:07 AM.

#68 Boricua Golf

Boricua Golf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137445
  • Handicap:3.3
  • Ebay ID:luisito11*11
GolfWRX Likes : 1269

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:16 AM

I had too many full sets of clubs, so I sold everything but my Callaway set, then the opportunity came with Ping and now I have an all Ping bag, so I now have only 2 full set of clubs, love them both...completely fitted to both and they perform great, so I came to the realization that I honestly don't need any more golf clubs...I've been playing for over 20 years and had a basement full of clubs, amazing how much room I have after I sold everything else...the itch still there but I just look at the 2 bags and tell myself "I'm good"...lol
Driver---------------Ping G LS Tec 10.5*, Ping Alta 55 X Flex, tipped 1", 44.5"
FW Wood----------Ping G 14.5*, Diamana Whiteboard D+ 82X, tipped .5", 42.5"
Hybrid---------------Ping G 19*, Tour AD-DI 105X
Irons-----------------Ping iBlade 4-P, Project X 6.5 Flighted
Wedges-------------Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* with Project X 6.5 Flighted
Putter----------------Ping Karsten TR Zing Tour  32.75", built up Pingman Grip (Ping Oslo and Ping Nome TR as backup 33.25" with SS Pistol GT Tour 1.0)
Golf Ball-------------2017 Pro V1, K-Sigs and Chrome Soft X

#69 Davidv

Davidv

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 399538
  • Handicap:13
  • Ebay ID:dvilinnew
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:34 PM

Having too much fun chasing that dream of those magical clubs that will cure all my skill defiencies. Why quit....☺

#70 MountainKing

MountainKing

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199340
  • Ebay ID:blackhawks1979
GolfWRX Likes : 418

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:52 PM

View Postmefnocerous, on 18 October 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

Go get fit. Then you know it's not the clubs.

Or schedule a fitting and then go shoot the round of your life with your current bag. That's what I did.... apparently just had to let them know their jobs were at risk, then they finally shined bright.

This, I've been playing for 31 years now and am only on I believe my 4th set.  I got fit for Ping Eye 2's in the early 90's and got fit for the 2 sets I've had since then.  My driver has been replaced a little more due to technology, my 3 wood I rarely replace since it's hard to find a trusty 3 wood.  The clubs I swap the most are wedges mainly and that's only every few years mainly due to groove wear (same reason I had to replace my Pings and the set that followed the Pings). Once your fit and you know you'll get the result you want as long as you do your part, I can't think it's easy to want to move away from that.  I have everything so dialed in this point after having my current irons in the bag for 4-5 years now that the thought of replacing them would make me ill.   All this only applies if you want to stop buying and looking at new things, some people just like new things and that's cool too.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#71 fatkid

fatkid

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26763
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:47 PM

My mother didn't raise a quitter!

#72 sm_watts

sm_watts

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89539
  • Ebay ID:shawnthepeman
GolfWRX Likes : 65

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:24 PM

Getting fit is overrated. (wait for the gasps...) Seriously, the new shaft that came in the Ping G driver I picked up last week flew higher and longer than the one I was "fit" for last spring

For me it's more about the seasons.  Living in a cold weather area, I get outside as much as possible between April and mid-October and rarely buy clubs during the golfing season, largely because I would rather be outside than staring at a computer screen.  Once it gets cold and windy out, I find myself digging through the BST and ebay mostly out of boredom.

The thing that's killing me right now is the putter dilemma.  I just bought a TP Mills off ebay today JUST so I could gauge whether or not I like the headweight and offset for the new one I'm ordering!
Ping G SF Tec Aldila Rogue Black
Ping G25 4 wood 16.5
Nike VR_S 21 & 24 hybrids w/NVS
Hogan FTX irons
Snake Eyes 52/Hogan TK 55
TP Mills Sycamore...or Heritage...& a new TP on the way!

#73 Llortamaisey

Llortamaisey

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11574
GolfWRX Likes : 1887

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:48 PM

What made me quit is my most recent bag setup. Sure, no Club is older than 3 months at the current moment, but this bag is different. It’s a keeper. I’ve never said this about any other setup I’ve had, since the beginning of summer.

#74 kerila07

kerila07

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 448866
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:kerila07
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:45 PM

Not having access to them at cost anymore unfortunately

#75 mosesgolf

mosesgolf

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,000 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6303
GolfWRX Likes : 1358

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:41 PM

New clubs wouldn't go farther than older model.  :D

Titleist 917D2 9.5 Fuji Tour Spec 6.2 Stiff
Titleist 913F 17.5 Project X Stiff
Titleist 716T-MB 3 20*
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW DGS 300
Titleist Vokey SM6 & TVD M 50, 54, 58
Titleist  Scotty Cameron GOLO 3 34

#76 shuddleston

shuddleston

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 862 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132450
GolfWRX Likes : 120

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:02 PM

Spending a ton on my current set up and getting my initials stamped on everything so it'd be harder to sell them on bst
9.5* GBB Epic w/ RT Technologies Zeus 75g
16.5* Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 w/ RT Technologies Zeus 85g
20* Itobori Hybrid w/ RT Technologies Midas 98g
Itobori Black Copper Blades w/ AMT DG X100 4-PW
Itobori Custom Grind 51* & 56* w/ AMT DG X100
MannKrafted Yaupon
Vice Force Stand Bag
Vice Pro Plus

#77 bevans0222

bevans0222

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 435966
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:59 AM

View Postshuddleston, on 20 October 2017 - 10:02 PM, said:

Spending a ton on my current set up and getting my initials stamped on everything so it'd be harder to sell them on bst

Hmm.. getting my initials stamped on my irons might actually work.  Now I just need to find a set that I like enough to stamp :)
Callaway Epic Driver 11* Rogue M-AX 65 Stiff
Callaway Epic 3w 15* VA Composites Raijin 74 four

Callaway Epic 3h 20* VA Composites Raijin 84 four
Titleist 716 CB 4-6 TT DG AMT X100
Titleist 716 MB 7-PW TT DG AMT X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50*, 54*
Cleveland RTX-3 Tour Raw 60*
Cameron Fastback
Titleist ProV1

#78 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
GolfWRX Likes : 3947

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:02 AM

View Postbevans0222, on 24 October 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

View Postshuddleston, on 20 October 2017 - 10:02 PM, said:

Hmm.. getting my initials stamped on my irons might actually work.  Now I just need to find a set that I like enough to stamp :)

Got my first set of forged irons in years. Took them out for an inaugural round and on my very first swing with the 6-iron caught a piece of gravel in a fairway bunker.

So I haven't stamped my initials on them but I'd recognize that big dent in the sole of the 6-iron anywhere.

Reckon that hurts my resale value???????

P.S. It may have "ruined" the appearance of the club but it was a super sweet 6-iron shot, given my usual results out of bunkers. I'd do it again in a heartbeat new club or not.

Edited by North Butte, 24 October 2017 - 12:05 PM.

A chicken is just an egg's way of making more eggs.

#79 IsleOfMan

IsleOfMan

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138830
  • Handicap:8.9
GolfWRX Likes : 462

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

I've started making only revenue-neutral moves... but stacking coupon codes on Global and doing my selling on eBay of Facebook BST makes that easier to still come out ahead.

Also, selling premium shafts from clubs bought at Global or CPO and re-shafting with something on clearance from DTG before reselling has increased the return relatively significantly as well.  For example, I bought a '15 GBB with Rogue I/O for $85 from CPO, sold the shaft for $75, put a $20 Red Tie + $10 adapter + $1 grip from DTG back in it, added a $5 head cover from the used bin at PGASS, and sold the Frankenclub for $145 on Facebook BST... so net $100 profit and scratched the itch to make a purchase and do some club building.  

I've also been making more changes to my backup bag, usually just to scratch the itch and try something new, and leaving my gamer bag pretty much set.
Cobra King F7 Driver 10.5* | Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S
Cobra King F7 3/4w 14.5* | Matrix 65Q4 Red Tie R
Cobra King F7 5/6w 18.5* | Matrix 65Q4 Red Tie S
Cobra King F7 4/5h 22* | Matrix HQ4 Red Tie R
Cobra Forged Tec 5i - Gw | TT Dynamic Gold R300   
Cobra Tour Trusty Satin 56* | TT DG S200
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Wide 60* | TT DG Wedge
Odyssey Metal-X Mid #7 | 35" Counterbalance

#80 FairwayGolfUSA.com

FairwayGolfUSA.com

Major Winner

• Sponsors
  • 1,587 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185658
  • Handicap:0.0
  • Ebay ID:FairwayGolfUSA
GolfWRX Likes : 288

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:40 PM

View PostTitleist983K, on 18 October 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

I've bought and sold more clubs this year than anytime in the past. I'm understanding that clubs make very little to no difference in the scores I shoot. Yet I continue searching through the BST, Ebay, and Craigslist to hopefully find that magic club or deal. It's completely consuming and stressful to be honest. Any advice on how to quit this endless cycle?

find a head you like and play with shafts. by now you probably have a head(s) you like. now just play around with shafts to make the golden club. its a stressful process but its all worth it once the numbers on the score card go lower !

Fairway Golf Online Store :golfer:
Email: support@fairwaygolf.com
Instagram:https://instagram.com/fairwaygolfusa/
Phone: 1-619-702-1702

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#81 Directed Force Putters

Directed Force Putters

Rookie

• Sponsors
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481718
  • Handicap:0
  • Ebay ID:directedforceputters
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:56 PM

View PostBarryKirby, on 18 October 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

I used to change irons about every other year.  But last April I experimented with Single Length Irons and now I am completely content.  I also have been playing the same woods now for over a year - big change.  I was custom fit  for all my irons, woods and wedges, and that has made the difference for me.  I was one of those people who loved the hunt of the purchase more than the capture.  One of the best things I did for my game was to get custom fitted to a Directed Force Putter.  That was the best days work I ever put in for my game.
thanks for the shout, howís it going now?
Directed Force Putters
The most important club in your bag just got smarter!

www.directedforce.com

Get fit for your Directed Force putter - DFP Remote Fitting
Search for all Fitting Partners and Locations here - Fitting Partners and Locations

Social Media
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Intstagram
Watch us on YouTube
Follow us on Pinterest

#82 lkbos

lkbos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 453346
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:10 AM

I think a big part of the fun of many hobbies - not just golf - is in the gear.

I know from experience as a guitar player that half the fun is looking/trying/buying new guitars.  Strat, Les Paul, Tele, Ibanez - I want to own them all!  I have audiophile friends who are the same way about their audio gear.  It's not unusual for them to spend $500 on a turntable needle.

Golf is the unicorn hobby for gear heads, because you can delve deep into the weeds on an infinite amount of gear, from hats, gloves and apparel to balls, wedges and putters.  It's all fun!

#83 JoeJoeJoeUrBoat

JoeJoeJoeUrBoat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 484568
  • Handicap:6.6
  • Ebay ID:josephmoavro
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:45 AM

I've had so many sets of irons woods and wedges... I understand it's always the Indian rather than the bow, but the mental block of using something you don't like is frustrating. Sometimes it takes a shiny new set of something to see the light! I'm a firm believer in experimentation with clubs, that way when you find something that jives you appreciate it.
M2 10.5° Tour Ad Di 6s
M2 15° 3 Wood Tour Ad Di 7s
M2 19° Hybrid Tour Ad Di 8s
***UNDECIDED***
Milled Grind - 50, 54, 58
Scotty Cameron Monterey Custom Blue
Pro V1 X

#84 Pi5seeker

Pi5seeker

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79485
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:27 AM

I havenít done much of it but so far Iíve learned to buy 1 of the ďbig 4Ē or something popular or you will lose too much money.
Geek DCT 11.5* Enzo Zone 70
SMT 3390 16* Grafalloy Epic FWY
Maltby KE4 Tour 19* AXE Xcaliber
Maltby HDI 21* S300
Maltby DBM 5-GW S300
Maltby TG 56* 60* S300
Odyssey Works Versa 1W
Taylormade TP
Clicgear 3.5/Callaway ORG. 14l

#85 Radeon962

Radeon962

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,154 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 331
  • Ebay ID:DCI86
GolfWRX Likes : 222

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:45 AM

View PostPigems, on 18 October 2017 - 07:53 PM, said:

You never actually quit, you just stop for a little while.

So true.  The next shiny release cycle just conjures up the what is again and the cycle starts all over.

I can agree that it's not as bad for me either as it was a few years back when I would show up to play in my league and the first question was always "let me see what's new in the bag".

#86 handicap122003

handicap122003

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467080
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:41 PM

M2, epic, 917, now a new m2 with a GD shaft.    This will be the one.   �

#87 Curtis_Kirk

Curtis_Kirk

Swatch_Nut

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139094
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:33 PM

I just like to try new things and like most everyone else has said, they haven't helped me improve (I'm a 7 with the world's worst short game).  Although I can't say I'm done buying, I'm trying to stop. I generally buy my stuff from the same guy at our local Worldwide Golf Shop.  He's a PGA of America pro and after my last purchase (AP3s) he flat out told me that he was willing to sell me anything and everything I want, but I'd improve my game if I'd quit screwing around and stuck with the same clubs for a couple of seasons.

#88 tickyboy

tickyboy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2512
  • Ebay ID:Nausbot
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:12 PM

When I realized clubs from 10 years ago I hit as well as anything new.

Also, I haven't been playing much.  Put golf on the back burner and you'll stop obsessing over clubs.

(Recovered club ho right here).
XTD
XTD
XTD
MP52
MP 52,56,60
Black #2

#89 bill1710

bill1710

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 453320
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:15 PM

Iím ok with all my clubs except my driver:( itís definitely the clubs fault and not mine
Cobra F7+ 8*
Cobra F7 3-4 13*
Titleist 816 H2 19*
Srixon U45 23*
Ping ie1 5-UW
Ping Tour Gorge 54*, 58*
Ping Sigma G Anser

#90 Jack Pearsall

Jack Pearsall

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125708
GolfWRX Likes : 855

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:06 PM

... oh, his irons are feeling really great these days, so JP is not even looking there (I know! New Titleist and Mizunos, c’mon!)....but JP’s ongoing putter situation is psychologically precarious... it’s part cowardly lion syndrome mixed in with the neediness often found in the soul crushing technological delusion that is golf marketing....driver space is pretty damn good, hooray for miracles but...he feels restlessness with his wedges...there’s been talk. Uncomfortable talk.

Taylormade Sldr TP 430 9.5*
Taylormade 300 Series 15*
Srixon ZR Uti 18*
Mizuno MP FliHi 21*
Macgregor PCB Tour 4-PW
Zodia 52* 56*
Odyssey #6

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

NEOhio

GolfWRX Sponsors