Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * - - 2 votes

Tiger cleared for full golf activity


433 replies to this topic

#361 Shilgy

Shilgy

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 235237
  • Joined: 03/07/2013
  • Location:Phoenix
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 4873

Posted 05 November 2017 - 03:56 PM

 lowheel, on 05 November 2017 - 12:42 AM, said:

 Shilgy, on 04 November 2017 - 11:05 PM, said:

 lowheel, on 04 November 2017 - 07:18 PM, said:

 nbg352, on 31 October 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

And the goalpost just keeps moving......

Lol seriously? Im not the one making crazy claims here... i said the same thing here last year when he finished before last place that it didnt matter yet and we would have to see him play a real tour event.Tiger fanatics were bragging that he led the field in birdies!!!! he played 5 practice rounds there  last year to get reps and still finished badly. he was then exposed at torrey and so on and then hurt.Im rooting for the guy but good grief show some composure in your expectations
The only claim you responded to was that it would be a good sign if Tiger top 10'd this quickly in his recovery and that wrx would go nuts.
  No claims of other wins
  No claims of Masters win
  No claims of anything

You don't think this place would go nuts?

Shil all joking aside i actually respect your posts on here and think of you as a level headed person. i dont just dont see how a top 10 in a 17 person exhibition means anything. He shot a 65 there in the second round i believe last year and the the tiger fans were claiming he was back and i said the same thing. it means nothing because this isnt 2007 tiger this is 2017 tiger. No matter his result in this exhibition i maintain january will provide more answers as to where he stands. I think you know me enough to know that im actually rooting for him but his performance in this event wont influence me one way or another just like it didnt last year. Im fascinated by the position of some posters here that if he plays well its a great omen and if he plays badly like he did last year its the opposite. we wont know until the season starts regardless of this corporate obligation. i didnt like his body language last year around the greens and off the tee he looked weird, unatural. I guess im not emotionally invested as much as some of the "fans" in here but i have reason not to be you know like the last 9 years tigers been playing... besides his health he has to find his game. which happens first in your opinion?
Simple to answer your question. I have said many times a healthy Tiger will win, if not healthy he'll be off the tour and retired. I don't see a middle ground.
  But I disagree with you on the Hero. A top 10 against that field would mean he is further along than expected and wrx would go nuts. No, it would not mean really anything in the long run but when has wrx cared about the long run? Make you a deal. If he finishes in the top 10 I won't say a word about how good he did if you promise not to write I told you so he is done if he finishes dfl.  What have you done for me lately is the form on wrx? Even Trevino was posted as a  journeyman lol.

TM M1 8.5* Graphite Design BB6s
TM M1 3w 14*  Kuro Kage 70X
Srixon U65 18° Atmos Red 7s
Adams A12 UST Silver S 21°
Srixon Z765 5-PW Nippon Pro Modus3 125S
Cleveland  RTX CB 50* 54* 58* Nippon 125 wedge
Toulon Garage Rochester

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened .  :)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#362 lowheel

lowheel

    LOWHEEL

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193008
  • Joined: 07/18/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 1594

Posted 05 November 2017 - 10:40 PM

 Shilgy, on 05 November 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

 lowheel, on 05 November 2017 - 12:42 AM, said:

 Shilgy, on 04 November 2017 - 11:05 PM, said:

 lowheel, on 04 November 2017 - 07:18 PM, said:

 nbg352, on 31 October 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

And the goalpost just keeps moving......

Lol seriously? Im not the one making crazy claims here... i said the same thing here last year when he finished before last place that it didnt matter yet and we would have to see him play a real tour event.Tiger fanatics were bragging that he led the field in birdies!!!! he played 5 practice rounds there  last year to get reps and still finished badly. he was then exposed at torrey and so on and then hurt.Im rooting for the guy but good grief show some composure in your expectations
The only claim you responded to was that it would be a good sign if Tiger top 10'd this quickly in his recovery and that wrx would go nuts.
  No claims of other wins
  No claims of Masters win
  No claims of anything

You don't think this place would go nuts?

Shil all joking aside i actually respect your posts on here and think of you as a level headed person. i dont just dont see how a top 10 in a 17 person exhibition means anything. He shot a 65 there in the second round i believe last year and the the tiger fans were claiming he was back and i said the same thing. it means nothing because this isnt 2007 tiger this is 2017 tiger. No matter his result in this exhibition i maintain january will provide more answers as to where he stands. I think you know me enough to know that im actually rooting for him but his performance in this event wont influence me one way or another just like it didnt last year. Im fascinated by the position of some posters here that if he plays well its a great omen and if he plays badly like he did last year its the opposite. we wont know until the season starts regardless of this corporate obligation. i didnt like his body language last year around the greens and off the tee he looked weird, unatural. I guess im not emotionally invested as much as some of the "fans" in here but i have reason not to be you know like the last 9 years tigers been playing... besides his health he has to find his game. which happens first in your opinion?
Simple to answer your question. I have said many times a healthy Tiger will win, if not healthy he'll be off the tour and retired. I don't see a middle ground.
  But I disagree with you on the Hero. A top 10 against that field would mean he is further along than expected and wrx would go nuts. No, it would not mean really anything in the long run but when has wrx cared about the long run? Make you a deal. If he finishes in the top 10 I won't say a word about how good he did if you promise not to write I told you so he is done if he finishes dfl.  What have you done for me lately is the form on wrx? Even Trevino was posted as a  journeyman lol.

Hes been healthy and hasnt won so I dont believe thats all thats holding him back. How do you explain not sniffing a major in almost 10 years? not winning in about his last 25 starts or so to go with only 3 top 10s in that span? Also, I dont do the I told you so bit so no worries about me. but when you say WRX would go nuts do you mean tiger fans? because you guys get excited for anything so i dont see that being the case for all of WRX. If he does finish DFL as you say it wont mean anything either for whats its worth and if he finishes higher it wont mean hes "ahead" of anything either.
Finally there is a middle ground, you just have to see it with your own eyes to realize it. He has already grinded out a few seasons without winning both healthy and unhealthy which leads to believe that more of that is to come.This isnt his last kick at the can, hes not greg norman who had more money waiting for him of the course than on in his 40s. Even if he has a setback he'll be back because honestly hes a lifer, hes got nothing else really (not that its a bad thing) it will be a pill to big to swallow this early IMO.
Someone who hasnt won in 5 yeaas is suddenly going to because hes self declared "healthy" take 4? I dont see it personally but am not rooting against it either but realistically....

2

#363 Shilgy

Shilgy

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 235237
  • Joined: 03/07/2013
  • Location:Phoenix
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 4873

Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:10 PM

 lowheel, on 05 November 2017 - 10:40 PM, said:



Hes been healthy and hasnt won so I dont believe thats all thats holding him back. How do you explain not sniffing a major in almost 10 years? not winning in about his last 25 starts or so to go with only 3 top 10s in that span? Also, I dont do the I told you so bit so no worries about me. but when you say WRX would go nuts do you mean tiger fans? because you guys get excited for anything so i dont see that being the case for all of WRX. If he does finish DFL as you say it wont mean anything either for whats its worth and if he finishes higher it wont mean hes "ahead" of anything either.
Finally there is a middle ground, you just have to see it with your own eyes to realize it. He has already grinded out a few seasons without winning both healthy and unhealthy which leads to believe that more of that is to come.This isnt his last kick at the can, hes not greg norman who had more money waiting for him of the course than on in his 40s. Even if he has a setback he'll be back because honestly hes a lifer, hes got nothing else really (not that its a bad thing) it will be a pill to big to swallow this early IMO.
Someone who hasnt won in 5 yeaas is suddenly going to because hes self declared "healthy" take 4? I dont see it personally but am not rooting against it either but realistically....
You sure like to read a lot into posts that is not there. But in those last 24 starts how many was he really healthy? Hmm? If you read my post again I said either healthy and will win or not and will be done. If you think the Tiger you saw in 2014 and 2015 was healthy I worry for your sanity. The idea he would hang around the tour if not healthy is absurd. And note I am not using your "self proclaimed healthy" standard. Even you said "already grinded out a few seasons without winning both healthy and unhealthy" so clearly you are not even believing your proclamation that he was healthy for those 25 events.
  But your job as the voice of reason in all of the Tiger threads is intact. Keep on posting in them to help us non golf fans temper our enthusiasm.
  Reminds me a lot of the "Bear is back" proclamations of the early 80's.  But even that came true once in'86.
TM M1 8.5* Graphite Design BB6s
TM M1 3w 14*  Kuro Kage 70X
Srixon U65 18° Atmos Red 7s
Adams A12 UST Silver S 21°
Srixon Z765 5-PW Nippon Pro Modus3 125S
Cleveland  RTX CB 50* 54* 58* Nippon 125 wedge
Toulon Garage Rochester

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened .  :)

3

#364 lowheel

lowheel

    LOWHEEL

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193008
  • Joined: 07/18/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 1594

Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:21 PM

 Shilgy, on 05 November 2017 - 11:10 PM, said:

 lowheel, on 05 November 2017 - 10:40 PM, said:

Hes been healthy and hasnt won so I dont believe thats all thats holding him back. How do you explain not sniffing a major in almost 10 years? not winning in about his last 25 starts or so to go with only 3 top 10s in that span? Also, I dont do the I told you so bit so no worries about me. but when you say WRX would go nuts do you mean tiger fans? because you guys get excited for anything so i dont see that being the case for all of WRX. If he does finish DFL as you say it wont mean anything either for whats its worth and if he finishes higher it wont mean hes "ahead" of anything either.
Finally there is a middle ground, you just have to see it with your own eyes to realize it. He has already grinded out a few seasons without winning both healthy and unhealthy which leads to believe that more of that is to come.This isnt his last kick at the can, hes not greg norman who had more money waiting for him of the course than on in his 40s. Even if he has a setback he'll be back because honestly hes a lifer, hes got nothing else really (not that its a bad thing) it will be a pill to big to swallow this early IMO.
Someone who hasnt won in 5 yeaas is suddenly going to because hes self declared "healthy" take 4? I dont see it personally but am not rooting against it either but realistically....
You sure like to read a lot into posts that is not there. But in those last 24 starts how many was he really healthy? Hmm? If you read my post again I said either healthy and will win or not and will be done. If you think the Tiger you saw in 2014 and 2015 was healthy I worry for your sanity. The idea he would hang around the tour if not healthy is absurd. And note I am not using your "self proclaimed healthy" standard. Even you said "already grinded out a few seasons without winning both healthy and unhealthy" so clearly you are not even believing your proclamation that he was healthy for those 25 events.
  But your job as the voice of reason in all of the Tiger threads is intact. Keep on posting in them to help us non golf fans temper our enthusiasm.
  Reminds me a lot of the "Bear is back" proclamations of the early 80's.  But even that came true once in'86.

Well i guess i dont understand you then. if he said he was healthy those years but according to you wasnt are we to take him at his word or not? Whats different from what he said last year? the surgery? he had surgery last year too. after his disastrous showing in the the 2015 majors and tourneys were we suppose to assume he played all those events unhealthy? how about 2010, 2011 or 2014? you cant have it both ways. its an easy cop out to say if hes healthy he wins. What if he plays a full schedule this year and next and doesnt win? not healthy or no longer good enough? I dont know how healthy he was in those last 25 starts but neither do you. Its all good, youre excitement is not an issue for me. im happy youre happy my good man but im also realistic based on what weve seen the last 5 years golf wise.

Edited by lowheel, 05 November 2017 - 11:22 PM.


4

#365 hdr_ric

hdr_ric

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 323261
  • Joined: 06/25/2014
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:6.1
GolfWRX Likes : 451

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:25 AM

 lowheel, on 05 November 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

 Shilgy, on 05 November 2017 - 11:10 PM, said:

 lowheel, on 05 November 2017 - 10:40 PM, said:

Hes been healthy and hasnt won so I dont believe thats all thats holding him back. How do you explain not sniffing a major in almost 10 years? not winning in about his last 25 starts or so to go with only 3 top 10s in that span? Also, I dont do the I told you so bit so no worries about me. but when you say WRX would go nuts do you mean tiger fans? because you guys get excited for anything so i dont see that being the case for all of WRX. If he does finish DFL as you say it wont mean anything either for whats its worth and if he finishes higher it wont mean hes "ahead" of anything either.
Finally there is a middle ground, you just have to see it with your own eyes to realize it. He has already grinded out a few seasons without winning both healthy and unhealthy which leads to believe that more of that is to come.This isnt his last kick at the can, hes not greg norman who had more money waiting for him of the course than on in his 40s. Even if he has a setback he'll be back because honestly hes a lifer, hes got nothing else really (not that its a bad thing) it will be a pill to big to swallow this early IMO.
Someone who hasnt won in 5 yeaas is suddenly going to because hes self declared "healthy" take 4? I dont see it personally but am not rooting against it either but realistically....
You sure like to read a lot into posts that is not there. But in those last 24 starts how many was he really healthy? Hmm? If you read my post again I said either healthy and will win or not and will be done. If you think the Tiger you saw in 2014 and 2015 was healthy I worry for your sanity. The idea he would hang around the tour if not healthy is absurd. And note I am not using your "self proclaimed healthy" standard. Even you said "already grinded out a few seasons without winning both healthy and unhealthy" so clearly you are not even believing your proclamation that he was healthy for those 25 events.
  But your job as the voice of reason in all of the Tiger threads is intact. Keep on posting in them to help us non golf fans temper our enthusiasm.
  Reminds me a lot of the "Bear is back" proclamations of the early 80's.  But even that came true once in'86.

Well i guess i dont understand you then. if he said he was healthy those years but according to you wasnt are we to take him at his word or not? Whats different from what he said last year? the surgery? he had surgery last year too. after his disastrous showing in the the 2015 majors and tourneys were we suppose to assume he played all those events unhealthy? how about 2010, 2011 or 2014? you cant have it both ways. its an easy cop out to say if hes healthy he wins. What if he plays a full schedule this year and next and doesnt win? not healthy or no longer good enough? I dont know how healthy he was in those last 25 starts but neither do you. Its all good, youre excitement is not an issue for me. im happy youre happy my good man but im also realistic based on what weve seen the last 5 years golf wise.

He hasn’t been healthy since sept 2013.  

Don’t believe anything health related that comes out of tiger or his agent’s mouth, those 2 make Kellyanne Conway look like honest Abe.  Professional liars and dissemblers.  

Shigly is correct, IF he is (and can stay) healthy for an extended period of time, he’ll win a golf tournament(s) of some variety eventually.  The talent is still there, that doesn’t go away.  The question is his body/back.  And to a much lesser extent, his desire.  

Sadly, I don’t think he will be able to play/practice enough at a pro golf level without getting hurt again.


5

#366 jmck

jmck

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,356 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66331
  • Joined: 09/23/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 2365

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:24 AM

Here's how I look at the health/age discussion.

1)  Make a list of anyone who's won anything after turning 42.
2)  Make a list of anyone who's won anything after having four back surgeries.  
3)  Check to see if there's any overlap between the two lists.

Maybe that's over-simplistic, maybe TW will be the exception to it.  Who knows.  But really, the dude needs to get through four rounds and make a cut in a real event first.  Until then all of this is strictly academic.  

Sorry I don't have it quoted here, but whoever brought up Tom Watson almost winning the British at age 59 needs to take a careful look at Watson's swing.  That's a swing that's designed to last a lifetime.  That's a swing that puts as little stress on the body as you could ever design.  The other TW has made his career using a very different type of swing.

6

#367 Shilgy

Shilgy

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 235237
  • Joined: 03/07/2013
  • Location:Phoenix
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 4873

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:49 AM

 lowheel, on 05 November 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

 Shilgy, on 05 November 2017 - 11:10 PM, said:

 lowheel, on 05 November 2017 - 10:40 PM, said:

Hes been healthy and hasnt won so I dont believe thats all thats holding him back. How do you explain not sniffing a major in almost 10 years? not winning in about his last 25 starts or so to go with only 3 top 10s in that span? Also, I dont do the I told you so bit so no worries about me. but when you say WRX would go nuts do you mean tiger fans? because you guys get excited for anything so i dont see that being the case for all of WRX. If he does finish DFL as you say it wont mean anything either for whats its worth and if he finishes higher it wont mean hes "ahead" of anything either.
Finally there is a middle ground, you just have to see it with your own eyes to realize it. He has already grinded out a few seasons without winning both healthy and unhealthy which leads to believe that more of that is to come.This isnt his last kick at the can, hes not greg norman who had more money waiting for him of the course than on in his 40s. Even if he has a setback he'll be back because honestly hes a lifer, hes got nothing else really (not that its a bad thing) it will be a pill to big to swallow this early IMO.
Someone who hasnt won in 5 yeaas is suddenly going to because hes self declared "healthy" take 4? I dont see it personally but am not rooting against it either but realistically....
You sure like to read a lot into posts that is not there. But in those last 24 starts how many was he really healthy? Hmm? If you read my post again I said either healthy and will win or not and will be done. If you think the Tiger you saw in 2014 and 2015 was healthy I worry for your sanity. The idea he would hang around the tour if not healthy is absurd. And note I am not using your "self proclaimed healthy" standard. Even you said "already grinded out a few seasons without winning both healthy and unhealthy" so clearly you are not even believing your proclamation that he was healthy for those 25 events.
  But your job as the voice of reason in all of the Tiger threads is intact. Keep on posting in them to help us non golf fans temper our enthusiasm.
  Reminds me a lot of the "Bear is back" proclamations of the early 80's.  But even that came true once in'86.

Well i guess i dont understand you then. if he said he was healthy those years but according to you wasnt are we to take him at his word or not? Whats different from what he said last year? the surgery? he had surgery last year too. after his disastrous showing in the the 2015 majors and tourneys were we suppose to assume he played all those events unhealthy? how about 2010, 2011 or 2014? you cant have it both ways. its an easy cop out to say if hes healthy he wins. What if he plays a full schedule this year and next and doesnt win? not healthy or no longer good enough? I dont know how healthy he was in those last 25 starts but neither do you. Its all good, youre excitement is not an issue for me. im happy youre happy my good man but im also realistic based on what weve seen the last 5 years golf wise.
What does winning majors have to do with this discussion? You can play well and lose a major like Phil at the Open or just be the last man standing. I don't have the same majors are the be all end all attitude that you seem to.
  Again, yes it been a Tiger fan but I don't have a whole lot of enthusiasm about his return. I have not made any claims about his winning multiple majors and catching Jack or anything close. You seem to be thinking you need to chastise any post that supports Woods. Butt hey, that's your schtick so keep it going. It's always a entertaining and enlightening read.
TM M1 8.5* Graphite Design BB6s
TM M1 3w 14*  Kuro Kage 70X
Srixon U65 18° Atmos Red 7s
Adams A12 UST Silver S 21°
Srixon Z765 5-PW Nippon Pro Modus3 125S
Cleveland  RTX CB 50* 54* 58* Nippon 125 wedge
Toulon Garage Rochester

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened .  :)

7

#368 farmer

farmer

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,355 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70095
  • Joined: 12/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 2269

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:42 PM

Hdr, an excellent post.  My only quibble is that while talent remains, the bodies ability to execute diminishes.

8

#369 lowheel

lowheel

    LOWHEEL

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193008
  • Joined: 07/18/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 1594

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:34 PM

 Shilgy, on 06 November 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

 lowheel, on 05 November 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

 Shilgy, on 05 November 2017 - 11:10 PM, said:

 lowheel, on 05 November 2017 - 10:40 PM, said:

Hes been healthy and hasnt won so I dont believe thats all thats holding him back. How do you explain not sniffing a major in almost 10 years? not winning in about his last 25 starts or so to go with only 3 top 10s in that span? Also, I dont do the I told you so bit so no worries about me. but when you say WRX would go nuts do you mean tiger fans? because you guys get excited for anything so i dont see that being the case for all of WRX. If he does finish DFL as you say it wont mean anything either for whats its worth and if he finishes higher it wont mean hes "ahead" of anything either.
Finally there is a middle ground, you just have to see it with your own eyes to realize it. He has already grinded out a few seasons without winning both healthy and unhealthy which leads to believe that more of that is to come.This isnt his last kick at the can, hes not greg norman who had more money waiting for him of the course than on in his 40s. Even if he has a setback he'll be back because honestly hes a lifer, hes got nothing else really (not that its a bad thing) it will be a pill to big to swallow this early IMO.
Someone who hasnt won in 5 yeaas is suddenly going to because hes self declared "healthy" take 4? I dont see it personally but am not rooting against it either but realistically....
You sure like to read a lot into posts that is not there. But in those last 24 starts how many was he really healthy? Hmm? If you read my post again I said either healthy and will win or not and will be done. If you think the Tiger you saw in 2014 and 2015 was healthy I worry for your sanity. The idea he would hang around the tour if not healthy is absurd. And note I am not using your "self proclaimed healthy" standard. Even you said "already grinded out a few seasons without winning both healthy and unhealthy" so clearly you are not even believing your proclamation that he was healthy for those 25 events.
  But your job as the voice of reason in all of the Tiger threads is intact. Keep on posting in them to help us non golf fans temper our enthusiasm.
  Reminds me a lot of the "Bear is back" proclamations of the early 80's.  But even that came true once in'86.

Well i guess i dont understand you then. if he said he was healthy those years but according to you wasnt are we to take him at his word or not? Whats different from what he said last year? the surgery? he had surgery last year too. after his disastrous showing in the the 2015 majors and tourneys were we suppose to assume he played all those events unhealthy? how about 2010, 2011 or 2014? you cant have it both ways. its an easy cop out to say if hes healthy he wins. What if he plays a full schedule this year and next and doesnt win? not healthy or no longer good enough? I dont know how healthy he was in those last 25 starts but neither do you. Its all good, youre excitement is not an issue for me. im happy youre happy my good man but im also realistic based on what weve seen the last 5 years golf wise.
What does winning majors have to do with this discussion? You can play well and lose a major like Phil at the Open or just be the last man standing. I don't have the same majors are the be all end all attitude that you seem to.
  Again, yes it been a Tiger fan but I don't have a whole lot of enthusiasm about his return. I have not made any claims about his winning multiple majors and catching Jack or anything close. You seem to be thinking you need to chastise any post that supports Woods. Butt hey, that's your schtick so keep it going. It's always a entertaining and enlightening read.

Come on Shil, youre better than that. i dont have a shtick and certainly dont chastize posts that support woods.Heck, I support woods, I just dont understand these posts that are full of qualifiers. Ifs and buts. thats all. Lots of tiger fans here see things with rose colored glasses and i dont. Im a fan of the guys game but dont see how anyone could say he'll win if hes healthy and if you disagree youre a hater when the last 10 years has shown thats not the case or a mixed bag at best. The majors is where Tiger aspires to perform, thats why for me its disconcerting that he hasnt contended in almost 10 years at any of them. Thats why im not optimistic.i dont believe its his health only holding him back. i really believe hes in phil territory where putting 4 rounds together is tough. Phil has almost won a majors in each of the last 6 years except this year however.Tiger can make no such claim further more hes embarassed himself at some of these majors

Edited by lowheel, 07 November 2017 - 03:41 AM.


9

#370 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,233 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 13153

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:48 PM

Tiger Woods subject to random drug testing as part of plea deal

https://sports.yahoo...-194708109.html


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#371 nbg352

nbg352

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144021
  • Joined: 10/25/2011
  • Location:Ontario Golden Horseshoe
  • Handicap:8.6
GolfWRX Likes : 3505

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:08 PM

View Postlowheel, on 05 November 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

View PostShilgy, on 05 November 2017 - 11:10 PM, said:

View Postlowheel, on 05 November 2017 - 10:40 PM, said:

Hes been healthy and hasnt won so I dont believe thats all thats holding him back. How do you explain not sniffing a major in almost 10 years? not winning in about his last 25 starts or so to go with only 3 top 10s in that span? Also, I dont do the I told you so bit so no worries about me. but when you say WRX would go nuts do you mean tiger fans? because you guys get excited for anything so i dont see that being the case for all of WRX. If he does finish DFL as you say it wont mean anything either for whats its worth and if he finishes higher it wont mean hes "ahead" of anything either.
Finally there is a middle ground, you just have to see it with your own eyes to realize it. He has already grinded out a few seasons without winning both healthy and unhealthy which leads to believe that more of that is to come.This isnt his last kick at the can, hes not greg norman who had more money waiting for him of the course than on in his 40s. Even if he has a setback he'll be back because honestly hes a lifer, hes got nothing else really (not that its a bad thing) it will be a pill to big to swallow this early IMO.
Someone who hasnt won in 5 yeaas is suddenly going to because hes self declared "healthy" take 4? I dont see it personally but am not rooting against it either but realistically....
You sure like to read a lot into posts that is not there. But in those last 24 starts how many was he really healthy? Hmm? If you read my post again I said either healthy and will win or not and will be done. If you think the Tiger you saw in 2014 and 2015 was healthy I worry for your sanity. The idea he would hang around the tour if not healthy is absurd. And note I am not using your "self proclaimed healthy" standard. Even you said "already grinded out a few seasons without winning both healthy and unhealthy" so clearly you are not even believing your proclamation that he was healthy for those 25 events.
  But your job as the voice of reason in all of the Tiger threads is intact. Keep on posting in them to help us non golf fans temper our enthusiasm.
  Reminds me a lot of the "Bear is back" proclamations of the early 80's.  But even that came true once in'86.

Well i guess i dont understand you then. if he said he was healthy those years but according to you wasnt are we to take him at his word or not? Whats different from what he said last year? the surgery? he had surgery last year too. after his disastrous showing in the the 2015 majors and tourneys were we suppose to assume he played all those events unhealthy? how about 2010, 2011 or 2014? you cant have it both ways. its an easy cop out to say if hes healthy he wins. What if he plays a full schedule this year and next and doesnt win? not healthy or no longer good enough? I dont know how healthy he was in those last 25 starts but neither do you. Its all good, youre excitement is not an issue for me. im happy youre happy my good man but im also realistic based on what weve seen the last 5 years golf wise.
Many people with bad backs have "healthy" periods where the back allows them to do most things. Then, in a heartbeat, it knocks you to your knees and that is when you fear that you have been kidding yourself. Tiger had healthy moments which gave him the optimism to declare himself healthy and pain free. And then the other shoe dropped. How might I know this probably is how it happened?
Because I lived the same lie. And I, like Tiger, believed it was the truth. Until I went to my knees again.
R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby  KE4  14* 3w , Axe Excaliber  R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
   Mizuno MP30  5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

11

#372 Conrad1953

Conrad1953

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,631 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66402
  • Joined: 09/24/2008
  • Location:Alabama
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:cobicreations
GolfWRX Likes : 40612

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:18 PM

View Postjmck, on 06 November 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

Here's how I look at the health/age discussion.

1)  Make a list of anyone who's won anything after turning 42.
2)  Make a list of anyone who's won anything after having four back surgeries.  
3)  Check to see if there's any overlap between the two lists.

Maybe that's over-simplistic, maybe TW will be the exception to it.  Who knows.  But really, the dude needs to get through four rounds and make a cut in a real event first.  Until then all of this is strictly academic.  

Sorry I don't have it quoted here, but whoever brought up Tom Watson almost winning the British at age 59 needs to take a careful look at Watson's swing.  That's a swing that's designed to last a lifetime.  That's a swing that puts as little stress on the body as you could ever design.  The other TW has made his career using a very different type of swing.

LOL, make a list of those who've won 79 times on the PGA Tour
make a list of those who've won 14 majors
check to see who overlaps both lists



:rofl:
Ping G25 10.5 degree w/PL Blue 65S
Ping G15 4 wood w/PL Blue 65S
Ping G10 18 and 21 Hybrids w PL Blue HY S
    Ping S58 Irons 4-P with Ping AWT R
    Ping Gorge Wedges 52 and 58 w/CFS Wedge  
   Odyssey White Hot Tour #1

  



Member #3---------Outlaw Golf Association
   Non Physics Geezer Division

12

#373 RobertBaron

RobertBaron

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 348489
  • Joined: 11/13/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 138

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:19 PM

View Postbscinstnct, on 06 November 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

Tiger Woods subject to random drug testing as part of plea deal

https://sports.yahoo...-194708109.html

Wonder how that works. Will he have to report to a probation officer? Will a PO just randomly show up at his house? With his out of state/country travel schedule, I could see him having a difficult time living up to the stipulations in his plea agreement.

13

#374 Soupy1994

Soupy1994

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445818
  • Joined: 11/06/2016
  • Location:Canada
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:31 PM

Tiger is BACK and he's here for 1 event ... lets see how he purrs

14

#375 NoFancyUsername.

NoFancyUsername.

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 457988
  • Joined: 03/09/2017
  • Location:Uranus.
  • Handicap:+
GolfWRX Likes : 143

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:23 PM

giphy.gif

You got money in ya pocket..I'll play +
No money...I'll play like 18 capper.

15

#376 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***FIGJAM = Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,253 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 2687

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:41 PM

Just a few more weeks until the Big Cat returns.  I cannot wait!

16

#377 Holy Moses

Holy Moses

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,375 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180764
  • Joined: 05/14/2012
  • Location:Chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 2726

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:41 PM

Fowler said itís true that Tiger is hitting the ball way by him. He didnít say way by left, right, or further down the fairway though.
Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G30 17* 5W (Diamana D+ 83X)
Ping i20 3 (PXi 6.0), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

17

#378 Pigems

Pigems

    Left Handed

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 246559
  • Joined: 04/21/2013
  • Location:Halifax, NS
  • Handicap:7.8
  • Ebay ID:Piggems
GolfWRX Likes : 16005

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:44 PM

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 11 November 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

Just a few more weeks until the Big Cat returns.  I cannot wait!

Iím f***ín stoked to see TW tee it up. :D

Edited by Pigems, 14 November 2017 - 06:44 PM.

816 DBD 9.5*- KuroKage TiNi 60x
RazorFX 15*- KuroKage TiNi 70s
Titleist T-MB 3 iron - DG S400
Titleist 710 AP2 4-Pw - S300
Vokey SM 52* 56*- S300
Vokey SM 60*/07* S200
SC Studio Select NP2

18

#379 jmck

jmck

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,356 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66331
  • Joined: 09/23/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 2365

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:40 PM

View PostHoly Moses, on 14 November 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

Fowler said it's true that Tiger is hitting the ball way by him. He didn't say way by left, right, or further down the fairway though.

I think we should withhold judgement until we hear from someone bigger than 5'7" and 140 lbs. ;)

19

#380 Holy Moses

Holy Moses

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,375 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180764
  • Joined: 05/14/2012
  • Location:Chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 2726

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:52 PM

View Postjmck, on 14 November 2017 - 08:40 PM, said:

View PostHoly Moses, on 14 November 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

Fowler said it's true that Tiger is hitting the ball way by him. He didn't say way by left, right, or further down the fairway though.

I think we should withhold judgement until we hear from someone bigger than 5'7" and 140 lbs. ;)

Ha, but Rickie can hammer the ball too!

Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G30 17* 5W (Diamana D+ 83X)
Ping i20 3 (PXi 6.0), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#381 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,233 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 13153

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:19 PM

View Postjmck, on 14 November 2017 - 08:40 PM, said:

View PostHoly Moses, on 14 November 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

Fowler said it's true that Tiger is hitting the ball way by him. He didn't say way by left, right, or further down the fairway though.

I think we should withhold judgement until we hear from someone bigger than 5'7" and 140 lbs. ;)

Agree. Lets see what JT says.

I think he is 5'9, 153 lbs ; )

21

#382 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,748 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
  • Joined: 07/21/2006
  • Location:Kansas
GolfWRX Likes : 4766

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:28 PM

View Postbscinstnct, on 14 November 2017 - 09:19 PM, said:

View Postjmck, on 14 November 2017 - 08:40 PM, said:

View PostHoly Moses, on 14 November 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

Fowler said it's true that Tiger is hitting the ball way by him. He didn't say way by left, right, or further down the fairway though.

I think we should withhold judgement until we hear from someone bigger than 5'7" and 140 lbs. ;)

Agree. Lets see what JT says.

I think he is 5'9, 153 lbs ; )

It’s hard to outdrive a linebacker.
Callaway GBB 11.5
Callaway V Series 3w, HW
Callaway X Hot2 9 wood
Ping G 4-U
Miura 53 Y grind
Vokey 58 M grind
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Ping Hoofer
ECCO x4

22

#383 Redjeep83

Redjeep83

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,998 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115910
  • Joined: 10/08/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 505

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:42 PM

Tiger does overtrain though, on his recent podcast he said he was about to ride 40 miles on the bike. I mean thatís not even necessary.

23

#384 Holy Moses

Holy Moses

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,375 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180764
  • Joined: 05/14/2012
  • Location:Chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 2726

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:47 PM

View PostRedjeep83, on 14 November 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

Tiger does overtrain though, on his recent podcast he said he was about to ride 40 miles on the bike. I mean thatís not even necessary.

Biking is not good on your back unless Tiger is using a recumbent
Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G30 17* 5W (Diamana D+ 83X)
Ping i20 3 (PXi 6.0), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

24

#385 Conrad1953

Conrad1953

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,631 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66402
  • Joined: 09/24/2008
  • Location:Alabama
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:cobicreations
GolfWRX Likes : 40612

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:31 PM

View PostHoly Moses, on 14 November 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

View PostRedjeep83, on 14 November 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

Tiger does overtrain though, on his recent podcast he said he was about to ride 40 miles on the bike. I mean that's not even necessary.

Biking is not good on your back unless Tiger is using a recumbent

Tiger's back is great! No worries! What is a recumbent?

Ping G25 10.5 degree w/PL Blue 65S
Ping G15 4 wood w/PL Blue 65S
Ping G10 18 and 21 Hybrids w PL Blue HY S
    Ping S58 Irons 4-P with Ping AWT R
    Ping Gorge Wedges 52 and 58 w/CFS Wedge  
   Odyssey White Hot Tour #1

  



Member #3---------Outlaw Golf Association
   Non Physics Geezer Division

25

#386 755

755

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24083
  • Joined: 01/15/2007
  • Location:Harrisburg, PA
  • Handicap:7.0
  • Ebay ID:caro1116
GolfWRX Likes : 118

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:24 AM

View Postjmck, on 14 November 2017 - 08:40 PM, said:

View PostHoly Moses, on 14 November 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

Fowler said it's true that Tiger is hitting the ball way by him. He didn't say way by left, right, or further down the fairway though.

I think we should withhold judgement until we hear from someone bigger than 5'7" and 140 lbs. ;)

So assuming your 5'8" and 141 or bigger, can you hit it by Rickie?
Ping G400 LST 10* Tour AD-DI6x
M2 3 wood Tour AD DI7s
Titleist 816H2 19* Speeder HB 8.8 TS Stiff
Titleist 716CB-4-6
Titleist 716MB 7-9
Vokey SM6 46
Vokey SM5 52, 56,60
Scotty Cameron Futura X5
TP5X

26

#387 Valtiel

Valtiel

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150887
  • Joined: 12/12/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 185

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:07 AM

View Post755, on 15 November 2017 - 06:24 AM, said:

View Postjmck, on 14 November 2017 - 08:40 PM, said:

View PostHoly Moses, on 14 November 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

Fowler said it's true that Tiger is hitting the ball way by him. He didn't say way by left, right, or further down the fairway though.

I think we should withhold judgement until we hear from someone bigger than 5'7" and 140 lbs. ;)

So assuming your 5'8" and 141 or bigger, can you hit it by Rickie?

I'm 6'3" / 165lbs and I can definitely hit it miles further left than Rickie can. :bb:
Titleist 915D3 Tensei Orange V2 70TX / Kai'li 80x
Titleist 906F2 15* Blueboard 93x / Nike Tour Issue SQII 13* Blueboard 103x
Titleist 906F4 18.5* Blueboard 103x
Mizuno MP-59 KBS Tour 130x
Vokey SM6 52* F-Grind KBS Tour X / Vokey 452.08 Oxide
Vokey SM5 56* S-Grind S400 / Vokey 456.14 Tour Issue Raw
Vokey V-Grind 60* Oxide X300 / Vokey Tour Issue SM60-04 X200
Scotty Cameron Santa Fe w/Bullseye shaft

27

#388 WAxORxDCxSC

WAxORxDCxSC

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 458508
  • Joined: 03/12/2017
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:22 AM

Tiger finished 15th last year (out of 17).  What are the odds he cracks top 10 this year?  What are the odds top 5?
TaylorMade M1 (2016) Driver 9.5* (Tensei Pro Orange 70tx)
TaylorMade M1 (2016) 3 Wood
TaylorMade M2 Hybrid 19*
Titleist AP2 4-PW (1/4 long, 2* upright)
Titleist Vokey SM6 50* 54* 58*
Scotty Cameron Notchback 33"

Bag 2 (Nostalgia Edition)
Titleist 975D Driver (UST Proforce Gold 65)
TaylorMade 200 Steel 3 wood (with steel shaft)
Mizuno T-Zoid Pro II 3-PW
Cleveland 588 52*, 56*, 60*
Spalding T.P. Mills "Computer Milled" Putter

28

#389 lawsonman

lawsonman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 171857
  • Joined: 03/29/2012
  • Location:Freeport, Illinois
  • Handicap:None
  • Ebay ID:pingguy1970
GolfWRX Likes : 2524

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:09 AM

Tiger threads never get old and they entertain every time. :)
I have a excellent short game. It's unfortunate that it starts on the Tee.

Callaway Epic/ Stiff Hzrdus
Taylormade RBZ 19 Hybrid
Ping G400 4-UW
Odyssey O Works 3T
Ping Glide 54, 58
Snell MTB Ball

29

#390 Frankensteins Monster

Frankensteins Monster

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214901
  • Joined: 12/07/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 3506

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:32 AM

View PostWAxORxDCxSC, on 15 November 2017 - 07:22 AM, said:

Tiger finished 15th last year (out of 17).  What are the odds he cracks top 10 this year?  What are the odds top 5?

0 and 0


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



8 user(s) are reading this topic

5 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users


    PaulCar65, bradvanp, Marco, Poser, RobertBaron

GolfWRX Sponsors