Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

New Chrome Soft Truvis Color


73 replies to this topic

#61 hybrid25

hybrid25

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 434860
  • Joined: 08/01/2016
  • Location:michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 248

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:39 PM

I guess the sky is the limit four color combinations. One thing that seems to get overlooked often is the quality of the golf ball itself in terms of performance. I just played one yesterday in 43-degree weather and felt really good off the clubface, not too hard not too soft.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 tripleH

tripleH

    McGregor

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34655
  • Joined: 07/15/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:41 PM

Give me a hot pink and black ....Grease style and I am a converter. Would even talk to the pro about lettin me rock the spiked wingtips to make that embroidered cardigan with a cursive T pop!!

2

#63 oldsticksnewsticks

oldsticksnewsticks

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424892
  • Joined: 05/12/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:14 AM

I'd be in favor of Callaway doing some field testing to see what tends to be the easiest combination for people to see both in flight and in green rough and market that. The best ball to me is the one I can easily find.

3

#64 Stanks

Stanks

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469442
  • Joined: 05/29/2017
  • Location:San Diego
  • Handicap:?
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:30 PM

Is that Truvis yellow or Vice green?

I donít give a damn what colors they put on but, Iím partial to a light green with dark green. It might be counter productive though because grass is..:green...
Golf makes me mad. Paintball calms me down.

Callaway Epic Sub-Zero 10.5 / Diamana D+ White 70 X
Cobra F7 3 Wood 14.5
Cobra F7 3-4 Hybrid 19.5
Mizuno MP-18s SC 4-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*
Callaway MD3 54* & 64*.
Scotty Cameron 5W 33" w/ Tour SNSR Grip
TP5, Vice Pro+, Nike Razn Black / Platinum, CS Truvis, Anything BUT ProV1s.

4

#65 BiggErn

BiggErn

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479312
  • Joined: 08/17/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:41 PM

Maybe a digital camo


5

#66 MrJones

MrJones

    Waiting for the weekend...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18450
  • Joined: 08/26/2006
  • Location:Alabama
  • Handicap:4.5
GolfWRX Likes : 581

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:20 PM

View PostTrentWunstel, on 04 November 2017 - 11:15 PM, said:

I am very intrigued with Truvis technology. I found a ball last week (black/yellow) and took it out to play this morning with huge winds. I thought, "Well, if I lose it I might as well lose one of these junk balls I found..."  
Next thing you know I was -4 threw 13 holes. This was a first for me.  I lost the ball and then scored a few bogies. Yes, my swing was on and I was lucky for a while.  And yes, maybe a placebo was on full-effect.  But, there was something about being able to hit this ball square today.
I have always had severe ADHD and sometimes I think it can screw with ball striking and staying focused. Today, I found it was easier to focus in on the ball- and where the ball was going.  
I know this may sound silly, but I thought I would share.  I bought a dozen and will try them out the next few weeks. There was something happening today about being able to hone in with the ball, including putting.
If I shoot a 90 tomorrow I will come back and erase this post.  ;)
Trent

You know I really enjoy the feel and how the Chrome Soft plays but something I never really give much thought to is the Truvis technology. I really do think it's more than just a color scheme. I can't say for sure but I do believe it's having an effect on how well I strike the ball.
Cobra Bio Cell Pro
Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood
Speedblades, 3-AW
Mizuno MP-R 54*, 60*   
Odyssey White Ice 1

6

#67 ruffellprefley

ruffellprefley

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445654
  • Joined: 11/04/2016
  • Location:Oregon
  • Ebay ID:ruffellprefley22
GolfWRX Likes : 487

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:52 PM

View PostMrJones, on 09 November 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

View PostTrentWunstel, on 04 November 2017 - 11:15 PM, said:

I am very intrigued with Truvis technology. I found a ball last week (black/yellow) and took it out to play this morning with huge winds. I thought, "Well, if I lose it I might as well lose one of these junk balls I found..."  
Next thing you know I was -4 threw 13 holes. This was a first for me.  I lost the ball and then scored a few bogies. Yes, my swing was on and I was lucky for a while.  And yes, maybe a placebo was on full-effect.  But, there was something about being able to hit this ball square today.
I have always had severe ADHD and sometimes I think it can screw with ball striking and staying focused. Today, I found it was easier to focus in on the ball- and where the ball was going.  
I know this may sound silly, but I thought I would share.  I bought a dozen and will try them out the next few weeks. There was something happening today about being able to hone in with the ball, including putting.
If I shoot a 90 tomorrow I will come back and erase this post.  ;)
Trent

You know I really enjoy the feel and how the Chrome Soft plays but something I never really give much thought to is the Truvis technology. I really do think it's more than just a color scheme. I can't say for sure but I do believe it's having an effect on how well I strike the ball.

well, that's what it's intended to do. supposedly the ball looks larger because of the pattern, plus it gives your eyes something more substantial to focus on. of course peoples' mileage varies

7

#68 MrJones

MrJones

    Waiting for the weekend...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18450
  • Joined: 08/26/2006
  • Location:Alabama
  • Handicap:4.5
GolfWRX Likes : 581

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:39 PM

View Postruffellprefley, on 09 November 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

View PostMrJones, on 09 November 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

View PostTrentWunstel, on 04 November 2017 - 11:15 PM, said:

I am very intrigued with Truvis technology. I found a ball last week (black/yellow) and took it out to play this morning with huge winds. I thought, "Well, if I lose it I might as well lose one of these junk balls I found..."  
Next thing you know I was -4 threw 13 holes. This was a first for me.  I lost the ball and then scored a few bogies. Yes, my swing was on and I was lucky for a while.  And yes, maybe a placebo was on full-effect.  But, there was something about being able to hit this ball square today.
I have always had severe ADHD and sometimes I think it can screw with ball striking and staying focused. Today, I found it was easier to focus in on the ball- and where the ball was going.  
I know this may sound silly, but I thought I would share.  I bought a dozen and will try them out the next few weeks. There was something happening today about being able to hone in with the ball, including putting.
If I shoot a 90 tomorrow I will come back and erase this post.  ;)
Trent

You know I really enjoy the feel and how the Chrome Soft plays but something I never really give much thought to is the Truvis technology. I really do think it's more than just a color scheme. I can't say for sure but I do believe it's having an effect on how well I strike the ball.

well, that's what it's intended to do. supposedly the ball looks larger because of the pattern, plus it gives your eyes something more substantial to focus on. of course peoples' mileage varies
Right. But just as you used the word supposedly, I was cautious with what claims I made because I don't really know for sure if it's really having any effect on how I see the ball. I'm beginning to believe it actually might though.
Cobra Bio Cell Pro
Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood
Speedblades, 3-AW
Mizuno MP-R 54*, 60*   
Odyssey White Ice 1

8

#69 jacobEDGE

jacobEDGE

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446572
  • Joined: 11/15/2016
  • Location:Denver, CO
  • Handicap:6.0
GolfWRX Likes : 404

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:56 PM

View PostStanks, on 09 November 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

Is that Truvis yellow or Vice green?

I don’t give a damn what colors they put on but, I’m partial to a light green with dark green. It might be counter productive though because grass is..:green...

I photoshopped it using a Vice Neon Green ball as a basis. Just removed Vice's logos and plopped the Callaway text and pattern over it.

9

#70 hybrid25

hybrid25

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 434860
  • Joined: 08/01/2016
  • Location:michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 248

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:57 PM

As much as I like the Truvis, it's broken color pattern causes it to be harder to spot on the ground. Just look at animals that are hard to spot, and their patterns. Nonetheless, I love playing them especially for their performance.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 BewareTheGlowball

BewareTheGlowball

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 178908
  • Joined: 05/04/2012
  • Location:Ocala,Fl
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:15 PM

Too busy to read all the comments.. but after seeing these when the Rep came by.. Don't hold your breath on the Yellow/green masters edition.. supposedly that one has been nixed and not going to happen.    Stars and stripes however will be coming out.

11

#72 Stanks

Stanks

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469442
  • Joined: 05/29/2017
  • Location:San Diego
  • Handicap:?
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:41 PM

View PostBewareTheGlowball, on 12 November 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

Too busy to read all the comments.. but after seeing these when the Rep came by.. Don't hold your breath on the Yellow/green masters edition.. supposedly that one has been nixed and not going to happen. Stars and stripes however will be coming out.

That's the only real color that I wanted but, whatever. Can't make us all happy.

Looking forward to seeing the releases.

Are they going to put Truvis patters on the Warbird, Hext / Super softs, etc. etc? I don't see there being a problem.
Golf makes me mad. Paintball calms me down.

Callaway Epic Sub-Zero 10.5 / Diamana D+ White 70 X
Cobra F7 3 Wood 14.5
Cobra F7 3-4 Hybrid 19.5
Mizuno MP-18s SC 4-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*
Callaway MD3 54* & 64*.
Scotty Cameron 5W 33" w/ Tour SNSR Grip
TP5, Vice Pro+, Nike Razn Black / Platinum, CS Truvis, Anything BUT ProV1s.

12

#73 toad37

toad37

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 346193
  • Joined: 10/26/2014
  • Location:Pacific Northwest
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:19 PM

View PostjacobEDGE, on 08 November 2017 - 05:10 PM, said:

Made this in Photoshop real quick. If this ever was a thing, I'd buy a lifetime supply of them.

Posted Image

Callaway PLEASE make these!!!!!!!

13

#74 Break81

Break81

    Broke80

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263738
  • Joined: 07/13/2013
  • Location:Chino Hills
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:marcbogey
GolfWRX Likes : 388

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:49 PM

View PostBewareTheGlowball, on 12 November 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

Too busy to read all the comments.. but after seeing these when the Rep came by.. Don't hold your breath on the Yellow/green masters edition.. supposedly that one has been nixed and not going to happen. Stars and stripes however will be coming out.
   Hmmm - could be nixed until Dicks has another exclusive ball made for them.
TM M1 - Rouge 60 Stiff
Callaway XR - 4 wood - Rouge w/ RIP tip 60
Callaway BB V-Series 5 wood - Rouge Silver Stiff
Mizuno JPX850 Forger 4-GW - XP115 S300
Titleist 55 F grind / 60 M grind
EVNROLL ER5
Chrome Soft Truvis / Srixon XV 2017

14



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors