Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

New Chrome Soft Truvis Color

73 replies to this topic

#31 ruffellprefley

ruffellprefley

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445654
  • Ebay ID:ruffellprefley22
GolfWRX Likes : 484

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:49 AM

*DISCLAIMER: Chrome Soft Pumpkin Spice Golf Balls Won’t Actually Be Produced.

Click Here To Shop *Real* Chrome Soft

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 cardia10

cardia10

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11435
GolfWRX Likes : 318

Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:41 AM

Saw these in Japan last week.
IMG_0987.JPG

#33 Stanks

Stanks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469442
  • Handicap:?
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:55 PM

I don't quite understand what Callaway is waiting for. The market for this is absurd. You have so many things going for your company including customization, popularity, colors, and to top it all off, it's a good F***ing ball!!!

You can turn the pentagons into an absurd amount of shapes, logos, etc. etc.

You can change the base color to any color.

You can change anything else with color etc.

Limited editions, pro runs, commercial runs, advertising (San Diego Padres) runs, etc. etc.

The market is going to blow up and all the companies making "just white" will have to adapt.

It is a trend and white has been the ball for so long. Trust, that every trend ends and changes. This can spark it.
Golf makes me mad. Paintball calms me down.

Callaway Epic Sub-Zero 10.5 / Diamana D+ White 70 X
Cobra F7 3 Wood 14.5
Cobra F7 3-4 Hybrid 19.5
Mizuno MP-18s SC 4-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*
Callaway MD3 54* & 64*.
Scotty Cameron 5W 33" w/ Tour SNSR Grip
TP5, Vice Pro+, Nike Razn Black / Platinum, CS Truvis, Anything BUT ProV1s.

#34 grm24

grm24

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
GolfWRX Likes : 970

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:36 AM

View PostBreak81, on 28 October 2017 - 11:20 PM, said:

Not sure where they came from, but on the Callaway site they show a picture of a "pumpkin spice" colored truvis.  Not for sale, but obviously they are out there somewhere.
Actually they were not for sale or even real.

http://cmp.callawayg...s-just-because/

"*DISCLAIMER: Chrome Soft Pumpkin Spice Golf Balls Won’t Actually Be Produced."

Amazing what people want to believe. A great bit of SARCHASM on Callaways part.
Posted Image

Edited by grm24, 02 November 2017 - 12:36 AM.

#35 ruffellprefley

ruffellprefley

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:07 AM

View PostStanks, on 01 November 2017 - 11:55 PM, said:

I don't quite understand what Callaway is waiting for. The market for this is absurd. You have so many things going for your company including customization, popularity, colors, and to top it all off, it's a good F***ing ball!!!

Limited editions, pro runs, commercial runs, advertising (San Diego Padres) runs, etc. etc.

The market is going to blow up and all the companies making "just white" will have to adapt.

It is a trend and white has been the ball for so long. Trust, that every trend ends and changes. This can spark it.

do you know what the sales are for truvis vs others? maybe it isn't as absurd as you assume?

#36 hybrid25

hybrid25

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 434860
GolfWRX Likes : 247

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:11 AM

View Postruffellprefley, on 02 November 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

do you know what the sales are for truvis vs others? maybe it isn't as absurd as you assume?
I have seen the blue and red on the white ball, red white and blue, go for ridiculous amounts on eBay. That was a limited edition making but it seems like they have great appeal to the golfing world.

#37 ob18

ob18

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400786
GolfWRX Likes : 200

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:45 AM

View Posthybrid25, on 02 November 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

I have seen the blue and red on the white ball, red white and blue, go for ridiculous amounts on eBay. That was a limited edition making but it seems like they have great appeal to the golfing world.

Soon they won't be "limited" if they see the demand very high for them
10* Callaway XR Driver
15* Nickent 3 Wood
18* Nickent F30 Hybrid
Taylormade M2 Irons - 5 iron to A wedge
54*, 58* Cleveland RTX 2.0 Wedges
Nickent OMEN Tour Series 4 putter

#38 hybrid25

hybrid25

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:18 AM

View Postob18, on 02 November 2017 - 09:45 AM, said:

View Posthybrid25, on 02 November 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

Soon they won't be "limited" if they see the demand very high for them
Besides the uniqueness of the design, they are a quality golf ball. Sometimes that is overlooked. I did buy a dozen red/whilte for $25.

#39 2010PGA

2010PGA

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 290121
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:23 AM

I would rock the white and yellow.  The yellow and black is nice during the winter.
Driver: TM M1
3 Wood: TM M1
Irons: Cobra King 3-PW, Tour Trusty GW, PM Grind LW (Also have a set of Srixon 545's 3-PW)
Ball: Srixon Z star, CS, Q Star, Project A
Putter: Metal X #7
Bag: Sun Mountain C130 Stand

#40 ruffellprefley

ruffellprefley

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:29 AM

I want some white/black for use with my skytrak

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 Callaway_Finley

Callaway_Finley

Rookie

• Sponsors
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 220273
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:03 AM

As one of the guys who works pretty closely on this every single day let me add a little to this conversation.  Thanks for the feedback.  Yes, we view Truvis as a huge opportunity and this has certainly become a much bigger than for us than we could've imagined.  

To start, your point is correct, Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X are incredible Golf Balls and has done very well in both white and Truvis.  Truvis in particular has grown to be way more popular than we have been able to keep up with and we continue to build up our capacity and capabilities in this area.  We have been selling every single Truvis ball we can make for over 2 years now and have continued to add to the amount we can make, even changing the entire footprint of our ball plant in Chicopee, MA along the way to add space for more machinery.  The reason we have not added more colors is that we simply have not been able to keep up with the ones we are currently selling so we have focused there.  As some have hinted to (some correctly, some not so correctly) we will be adding to the offerings for next year but carefully and as it makes sense.  As it looks like you are based in the US, currently in market you can find White/Red, Yellow/Black, White/Pink, White/Green (at Dick's Sporting Goods and Golf Galaxy), White/Red/Blue (with select customers), and White/Blue in singles (with select customers).  We have also made some custom ones for certain markets and golf courses that are very cool.  One you mentioned as an example was the ball we made for the Links at Petco event with the Padres.  This is an example of something we can only do as a giveaway as we do not own the license for selling so there are some things that we need to consider as we do things like this.  The possibilities for this are endless and I promise you that we are looking at adding as many options as we can, understand the demand there is for this product and are working hard to be able to make as many as possible in as many cool variations as we can.

Without confirming our exact commercial plans for next year (yet) you will see more options in Truvis from us next year with some different variations around the world in the different markets as well.

Thanks for your feedback and please know we are working on bringing more and more cool offerings to Truvis.

#42 Callaway_Finley

Callaway_Finley

Rookie

• Sponsors
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 220273
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:11 AM

View PostCallaway_Finley, on 03 November 2017 - 10:03 AM, said:

As one of the guys who works pretty closely on this every single day let me add a little to this conversation.  Thanks for the feedback.  Yes, we view Truvis as a huge opportunity and this has certainly become a much bigger than for us than we could've imagined.  

To start, your point is correct, Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X are incredible Golf Balls and has done very well in both white and Truvis.  Truvis in particular has grown to be way more popular than we have been able to keep up with and we continue to build up our capacity and capabilities in this area.  We have been selling every single Truvis ball we can make for over 2 years now and have continued to add to the amount we can make, even changing the entire footprint of our ball plant in Chicopee, MA along the way to add space for more machinery.  The reason we have not added more colors is that we simply have not been able to keep up with the ones we are currently selling so we have focused there.  As some have hinted to (some correctly, some not so correctly) we will be adding to the offerings for next year but carefully and as it makes sense.  As it looks like you are based in the US, currently in market you can find White/Red, Yellow/Black, White/Pink, White/Green (at Dick's Sporting Goods and Golf Galaxy), White/Red/Blue (with select customers), and White/Blue in singles (with select customers).  We have also made some custom ones for certain markets and golf courses that are very cool.  One you mentioned as an example was the ball we made for the Links at Petco event with the Padres.  This is an example of something we can only do as a giveaway as we do not own the license for selling so there are some things that we need to consider as we do things like this.  The possibilities for this are endless and I promise you that we are looking at adding as many options as we can, understand the demand there is for this product and are working hard to be able to make as many as possible in as many cool variations as we can.

Without confirming our exact commercial plans for next year (yet) you will see more options in Truvis from us next year with some different variations around the world in the different markets as well.

Thanks for your feedback and please know we are working on bringing more and more cool offerings to Truvis.

And, I would love to hear from everyone here what the colors they would like to see most would be.

#43 ruffellprefley

ruffellprefley

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:33 AM

View PostCallaway_Finley, on 03 November 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

And, I would love to hear from everyone here what the colors they would like to see most would be.

I'd love for white/blue to be offered more widely, for sure!  white/black would be a great addition, I'd really like to see a white and orange (like the color of high visibility hunting vests)

Edited by ruffellprefley, 03 November 2017 - 10:33 AM.

#44 Funyuns

Funyuns

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 267394
GolfWRX Likes : 56

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:35 AM

I read an article that you guys have a ton of prototypes in the office of different colors. How about seeing some of those and a “pick your flavor” poll? I’m partial to the yellow/black but would love to see what some other colors look like for the “main” color.

#45 nsxguy

nsxguy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431858
  • Handicap:3.7
GolfWRX Likes : 668

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:53 AM

After the love of the newly found color combination we think is really kewl,,,,,,,,,, comes the practicality factor.

Now I admit I've only played 2 Truvis balls, the white/re and the yellow/black. I couldn't track the white/red one through the air (20/20 vision BTW) and it seemed to be harder to find in the rough. The yellow/black Truvis was very easy for me to track in flight and very easy to see in the rough as well.

I've played the yellow/black for the better part of the past year. I fear the white ball with any of the colors would be the same for me as the white/red; difficult to track and find.

I'm a bit surprised the ball, or rather the Truvis, is that popular. While I've only played with 60 or 70 (best guess) different guys over the last 12 months or so, not a single one of them played the Truvis. A few did play the Chrome Soft in (all) white.

Callaway Fusion 9* Project X Handcrafted Hzrdus Black "60" 6.0
Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*
Ping G20 5-U, DG S300
Callaway PM 56* SW & 64* LW
Cure RX2 (today)
Currently testing golf balls - TM TP5 in the lead

#46 hybrid25

hybrid25

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:10 PM

I have interest in this post because I enjoy the truevis ball in its variations, as I like to put a little flash/style into my game. I think a lot of other golfers as well feel the same way, and I think it makes golf a little more fun to have choices like this. Not only is the truevis a stylish golf ball, it is a quality golf ball as well. As far as suggestions for options and color and such, I think the red/blue on white ball would sell great in the states. I also think patriotic colors would work for other countries as well. I realize what you say in terms of capacity and how many balls can be made and the demand and such, but those are just some suggestions I have. I think the personality of the truvis golf ball is good for golf.
EDIT;
I realize the red blue on white ball is and has already been produced, but I think it was just a limited edition.

Edited by hybrid25, 03 November 2017 - 01:12 PM.

#47 MrJones

MrJones

Waiting for the weekend...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18450
  • Handicap:4.5
GolfWRX Likes : 579

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:40 PM

View Postnsxguy, on 03 November 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

I'm a bit surprised the ball, or rather the Truvis, is that popular. While I've only played with 60 or 70 (best guess) different guys over the last 12 months or so, not a single one of them played the Truvis. A few did play the Chrome Soft in (all) white.

It's the mental side of golf. I like Chrome Soft balls but the Truvis Red/White appeals to me. The white one's I rarely every play. There's 2 guys at my club that only play the Truvis and swear by it.

I have a ball that I love (B330) but I keep wanting to play some of these new matte color golf balls just because the color appeals to me. For whatever reason they make my brain happy and happy brain means better golf.
Cobra Bio Cell Pro
Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood
Speedblades, 3-AW
Mizuno MP-R 54*, 60*   
Odyssey White Ice 1

#48 BiggErn

BiggErn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479312
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:28 PM

I’ll second a matte combo. Yellow/orange, lime/?.

#49 hybrid25

hybrid25

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:52 PM

View PostMrJones, on 03 November 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

View Postnsxguy, on 03 November 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

It's the mental side of golf. I like Chrome Soft balls but the Truvis Red/White appeals to me. The white one's I rarely every play. There's 2 guys at my club that only play the Truvis and swear by it.

I have a ball that I love (B330) but I keep wanting to play some of these new matte color golf balls just because the color appeals to me. For whatever reason they make my brain happy and happy brain means better golf.
it's sort of fun to play them, and when you have fun you tend to be more relaxed, Imo. It seems like people these days are getting past the vanilla or chocolate ice cream 'only' philosophy. I am wondering if it is more the upper  crust type golfers (please no offense intended), or the higher-skilled, who don't like to play this golf ball due to tradition. I never see any of the PGA players playing the Truvis. Although now you see PGA professionals wearing flashy shirts, pants, shoes, and being much more expressive. Maybe the truvis will become apart of a tournament?

#50 Break81

Break81

Broke80

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263738
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:marcbogey
GolfWRX Likes : 388

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:40 PM

I have 5 dozen of the White / Green, but I would probably like a Yellow / Green even more.

TM M1 - Rouge 60 Stiff
Callaway XR - 4 wood - Rouge w/ RIP tip 60
Callaway BB V-Series 5 wood - Rouge Silver Stiff
Mizuno JPX850 Forger 4-GW - XP115 S300
Titleist 55 F grind / 60 M grind
EVNROLL ER5
Chrome Soft Truvis / Srixon XV 2017

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#51 eddiebigeddie

eddiebigeddie

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 296925
  • Handicap:16
  • Ebay ID:eddiebigeddie
GolfWRX Likes : 233

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:14 PM

Me personally I like wild and bright colors...I think a Lime Green/Black, Bright Pink/Black would be very cool. I also agree that the Red/White and Blue ball would be very cool to see.
Bag 1:
Ping G400....................................Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 70s (44.5")
Ping Rapture................................Project X Hzrdus Red 75s (43")
Cobra King F6 Baffler 17.5..........Project X Hzrdus Red 75s (41.5")
Cobra King F7 3-4 Hyb 21.5........Aldila Tour Blue 85h-s (40")
Titleist 716 AP1 Smoke (5 - W)...TT XP 115s
Titleist SM6 (54/14, 60/10)..........Nippon Modus 115
Machine M1A 6.0 Stainless

Bennington LQO-9
GRINT...eddiebigeddie

Bag 2:
Cobra Bio Cell Fwy 17................Aldila Tour Blue "Pink" 65s (42.75")
Mizuno JPX 900 H.M. (5 - Pw)...Nippon Modus 105s
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged (Gw)....Nippon Modus 105s
TM EF R Series (54/13).............KBS Wedge
Machine M1A 3.0 Carbon
Nike Sport Cart IV

#52 ruffellprefley

ruffellprefley

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:08 PM

ooh, i like the idea of fluorescent pink and black!! the fluorescent green and black would be sick too.

#53 Chomper

Chomper

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 998 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 304871
GolfWRX Likes : 335

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:16 PM

Jason - Tulane Univ colors would be awesome!! Light blue & light green on white.

Otherwise, any bright color on white - orange, light blue, light green, dark yellow. Fluorescent on white.

Thanks.

Edited by Chomper, 03 November 2017 - 09:19 PM.

#54 eddiebigeddie

eddiebigeddie

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:20 PM

I personally think that in order for the colors to “pop” they have to be the main color, with black being the  background/smaller color. For instance take the white/pink truvis that’s out...change that to the pink super soft color with black and boom...way more noticeable.

Edited by eddiebigeddie, 03 November 2017 - 09:21 PM.

Bag 1:

Bennington LQO-9
GRINT...eddiebigeddie

Bag 2:
Machine M1A 3.0 Carbon
Nike Sport Cart IV

#55 TrentWunstel

TrentWunstel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 485558
  • Handicap:6.1
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:15 PM

I am very intrigued with Truvis technology. I found a ball last week (black/yellow) and took it out to play this morning with huge winds. I thought, "Well, if I lose it I might as well lose one of these junk balls I found..."  
Next thing you know I was -4 threw 13 holes. This was a first for me.  I lost the ball and then scored a few bogies. Yes, my swing was on and I was lucky for a while.  And yes, maybe a placebo was on full-effect.  But, there was something about being able to hit this ball square today.
I have always had severe ADHD and sometimes I think it can screw with ball striking and staying focused. Today, I found it was easier to focus in on the ball- and where the ball was going.  
I know this may sound silly, but I thought I would share.  I bought a dozen and will try them out the next few weeks. There was something happening today about being able to hone in with the ball, including putting.
If I shoot a 90 tomorrow I will come back and erase this post.  ;)
Trent

#56 mizirons

mizirons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 476654
  • Ebay ID:palmboys
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:07 AM

I've played the all white, all yellow (my playing partner calls it "yeller"), and the Truvis red/white & black/yellow..   what gets me is when I loose a CS Truvis ball I feel worse than when I've lost the solid colored CS..  Silly isn't it, but geez, they just seem to be more fun to play.....and my order of CS green/white balls from Dick's will be here tomorrow..   Life is good!

#57 toad37

toad37

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 346193
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:52 PM

love the ideas of other colors you all are kicking around... hope they push the envelope and find some awesome combos in the process

#58 eddiebigeddie

eddiebigeddie

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:00 PM

Callaway guys if your listening, I’d be more then happy to be a guinea pig for the new balls and colors :)
Bag 1:

Bennington LQO-9
GRINT...eddiebigeddie

Bag 2:
Machine M1A 3.0 Carbon
Nike Sport Cart IV

#59 jacobEDGE

jacobEDGE

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446572
  • Handicap:6.0
GolfWRX Likes : 403

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:45 PM

Man, I'd kill for a Truvis color way of a lime green base (like the Vice Neons) and have the pale pink pattern on top from their white/pink ball.

#60 jacobEDGE

jacobEDGE

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446572
  • Handicap:6.0
GolfWRX Likes : 403

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:10 PM

Made this in Photoshop real quick. If this ever was a thing, I'd buy a lifetime supply of them.

Posted Image

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors