Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

I learned something new today!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Moonlightgrm

Moonlightgrm

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97901
GolfWRX Likes : 191

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:30 PM

I spent 2-hours this afternoon working on my approach shots from 80-yards in. Our club has a terrific practice area designed for every aspect of the game. The short game area has a double green, multiple bunkers, and 100-yards of lush fairway. I dropped balls at 30-yards to 80-yards and used my 52* and 56* wedges from a variety of yardages within this range. The wind picked up as I was practicing, so I added flighting to my practice session. Here's what I discovered: if I play the ball in the middle of my stance and take my normal, controlled swing for the given yardage, the ball flies relatively high. However, if I keep the same ball position but move in a little closer to the ball, the ball flies considerably lower. If I lower my a hands a touch, as well, the flight is even lower. I do not know why this works for me, but it does. Time and again I'd hit a ball from my normal set up, then hit another by moving in a little and the ball flight was lower. Not only lower, but my accuracy improved and the ball had plenty of juice on the green. These distances are the weakest part of my game. Have I found the holy grail? Why does it work? Will it work under pressure? Time will tell, but today's results have me very excited.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors