Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

xpost - Miura CB501 vs Adams XTD Forged

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 GolfyMcWhacker'Guy

GolfyMcWhacker'Guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482518
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:49 PM

Hi guys , I've wanted JDM clubs for a long time ( well 3 years but I've been golfing 4 ).

I purchased the XTDs about 2 years ago , ended up snapping 5 of my iron shafts off which were C-taper 120s , KBS diagnosed over the phone and replaced with all TOUR-130X.

I had these Soft stepped once because I was scared and didn't know if it would be too manly for me ( driver SS is 111 smooth 115-17 if I gas it ).

I just went and was getting fit for Mp18 SCs and the optimized recommended X100 , KBS tours & I don't remember the 3rd , Project X 6.5? I think

I was about to buy them when I saw a MINT set of CB-501s  on eBay for 800 , 3-pw, which just so happened to be 1* upright , X100 tour issue shaft ,

Question is what can I expect from these compared to the Adams? I enjoy my Adams but have started really wearing out the faces and I love that nutted feeling from a blade type shot , I've read a lot of reviews saying CB501s are gods balls and I should be blessed to hold them , is this accurate still today?

I think I got a killer deal on these so if I don't like them 1000% I can hopefully recoup my cost

Thanks for any input you guys have

Also on subject of shafts , my KBS Tours tend to balloon alot , I have worked very hard on being able to hit high / low shots and by doing so my swing has changed so my natural shot is a bit higher , the wind EATS my lunch with the KBS Tours and it can be kind of frustrating , 3-4 club loss into a big wind
I have only played S300 before and those were a big ballooney sandwich which is why I bought the XTD's , will the X100's lower the flight for me with this club head?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors