Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 1 votes

Cobra F8 and F8+

Cobra

182 replies to this topic

#1 Grover21

Grover21

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 279541
  • Joined: 10/08/2013
  • Location:Minnesota
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:31 PM

I just got a sneak peak with a TrackMan range session with the yet to be released F8 and F8+.  All I have to say is look out Epic!  The sound was a nice in-between of a thud and a traditional "ping" sound.  Feel was excellent off the face especially on toed shots.  THEY HAVE A MILLED FACES!  The F*+ fit my game better due to I am a high spin player as is, and at only 440CC it was a good looking head.  They put carbon in the crown similar to the Epic with the addition of Cobra's version of turbulator like ridges on the crown.  They have two great color schemes this year getting away from the bright colors of the past.  There is either a grey finish or classic black.  I think that this will appeal more to the traditional golfing community.  They even come stock with real deal NV Blue and NV Green shafts!  I got to hit a couple of shots with the 3 wood and hybrid as well, both with the same color schemes and milled faces.  Both felt and sounded great and still have the baffler rails.  Which in my opinion are a great asset to have out of tricky lies.  I was told but did not get to see or hit, but they are coming out with new irons for the better players.  They will be released during the PGA Show this winter.  If you are looking to get a new driver, 3 wood, or hybrid this winter I would seriously give these a shot.

Ping G400 LST Oban White 05
Cobra F8+ Oban Purple 05
Mizuno MP H5 2 WB 82Hy X
Mizuno MP H5 3 DG SL X100
Miura CB 501 4-5 DG TI 120 X100
Miura MB 001 6-9 DG TI 120 X100
Mizuno MP T7 46,50,52,55,60 DG TI S400
Bettinardi Studio Stock #3/ Scotty Cameron TEI Santa Fe

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 J_Birdie

J_Birdie

    LOFT Issue

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 386108
  • Joined: 07/15/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 704

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:32 PM

pics need to come out soon
What's in my bag:
Cobra King F8+ (9.5D/weight forward) w/ Aldila NV 2KXV 60X 45"
Cobra Fly-Z+ 3W w/ Aldila Tour Blue 75X  42.75"
Cobra King F6 Baffler 5W Aldila Tour Blue 85X 41.5"
Taylormade P790 UDI 2i HZRDUS Black 6.0 85g 1* Up 18* loft
Cobra Forged Tour 4-PW Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X 1* Up
Cleveland RTX3 2-Dot 50* & 54* (bent to 55*) Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X
Callaway MD3 PM Grind 60* Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X
Odyssey O-Works 7S Black with Superstroke GT 2.0 Pistol Grip 35"

2

#3 Pawtucket

Pawtucket

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 457642
  • Joined: 03/06/2017
  • Location:Vancouver BC
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:44 PM

What adjustable options are there? Cobra has been very innovative with their Fly-Z to F6-F7 lineup. Wondering if there is anything 'new'
whats in the bag?
Cobra f8+ cut 1"
Cobra F7 fairway
Srixon z355
Cleveland 48 wedge
Ping 54 wedge
Ping 58 ES wedge
TM Soto putter

3

#4 Grover21

Grover21

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 279541
  • Joined: 10/08/2013
  • Location:Minnesota
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:45 PM

View PostJ_Birdie, on 12 October 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

pics need to come out soon

The rep said Rickie should be playing it in the next couple weeks.  Just trying to fine tune everything before bringing it to competition.
Ping G400 LST Oban White 05
Cobra F8+ Oban Purple 05
Mizuno MP H5 2 WB 82Hy X
Mizuno MP H5 3 DG SL X100
Miura CB 501 4-5 DG TI 120 X100
Miura MB 001 6-9 DG TI 120 X100
Mizuno MP T7 46,50,52,55,60 DG TI S400
Bettinardi Studio Stock #3/ Scotty Cameron TEI Santa Fe

4

#5 Grover21

Grover21

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 279541
  • Joined: 10/08/2013
  • Location:Minnesota
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:51 PM

View PostPawtucket, on 12 October 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

What adjustable options are there? Cobra has been very innovative with their Fly-Z to F6-F7 lineup. Wondering if there is anything 'new'

Unfortunately the adjustable features of the driver didn't change much from their previous lines.  The adapter is the same as before plus the movable weights in the head. It is nice though if you have an aftermarket shaft that you really enjoy, it will work for the F8 or F8+.

Ping G400 LST Oban White 05
Cobra F8+ Oban Purple 05
Mizuno MP H5 2 WB 82Hy X
Mizuno MP H5 3 DG SL X100
Miura CB 501 4-5 DG TI 120 X100
Miura MB 001 6-9 DG TI 120 X100
Mizuno MP T7 46,50,52,55,60 DG TI S400
Bettinardi Studio Stock #3/ Scotty Cameron TEI Santa Fe

5

#6 MrFlapjack

MrFlapjack

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46436
  • Joined: 01/19/2008
  • Location:SK
  • Handicap:3.6
GolfWRX Likes : 580

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:52 PM

Is the milled face supposed to reduce spin?
Cobra LTD Pro HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Srixon Z U45 18, 20, 23 (shafts TBD)
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
YES Milly - 100gm TLP

6

#7 Grover21

Grover21

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 279541
  • Joined: 10/08/2013
  • Location:Minnesota
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:59 PM

View PostMrFlapjack, on 12 October 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

Is the milled face supposed to reduce spin?

It takes the human error out of grinding down the excess mental from the plasma welding process which can cause the face of the club to be thinner in random spots creating hot spots on the face or the face can crack because these spots are weaker than the rest.  It does help with the MOI because the faces will be more constant on every club vs a different guy grinding the face down.  Its the same reason that the best putters are CNC milled because every club is identical across the face.
Ping G400 LST Oban White 05
Cobra F8+ Oban Purple 05
Mizuno MP H5 2 WB 82Hy X
Mizuno MP H5 3 DG SL X100
Miura CB 501 4-5 DG TI 120 X100
Miura MB 001 6-9 DG TI 120 X100
Mizuno MP T7 46,50,52,55,60 DG TI S400
Bettinardi Studio Stock #3/ Scotty Cameron TEI Santa Fe

7

#8 The General

The General

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12372
  • Joined: 02/21/2006
  • Location:Nashville, TN
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 525

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:21 PM

theres a pic on WRX somewhere, from last week

8

#9 Baitkiller

Baitkiller

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 359765
  • Joined: 01/27/2015
  • Location:SW Fl.
  • Handicap:Yes
GolfWRX Likes : 1038

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:28 PM

Just bought the F7+ today for pesos on the dollar.
Was KILLING IT on the machine at the store. We shall see what happens on the course. Good things keep coming from Cobra.
Turn over damnit!
Krank 9*  Formula 5 UST Tour
Adams 15* wasabi
XXIO pro 5
Adams Pro Gold Forged 3-46* / Steelfibers
Vanilla wedges 53 and 58*
Betti-1
K-sig

9

#10 Baitkiller

Baitkiller

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 359765
  • Joined: 01/27/2015
  • Location:SW Fl.
  • Handicap:Yes
GolfWRX Likes : 1038

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:31 PM

To clarify, every time I walk into a golf shop I hit drivers and they all suck, every time. Like three years of suck.. Nothing ever even challenged my gamer.. Until I tried this thing. I cant imagine the 8 being better but GOD Bless you Cobra Golf if it is.

Turn over damnit!
Krank 9*  Formula 5 UST Tour
Adams 15* wasabi
XXIO pro 5
Adams Pro Gold Forged 3-46* / Steelfibers
Vanilla wedges 53 and 58*
Betti-1
K-sig

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 randyfitz

randyfitz

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 272296
  • Joined: 08/22/2013
  • Location:cola, sc
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:23 PM

F7 driver is my favorite club in the bag.  Hitting more fairways than ever with it and gained distance too.  

So easy to hit.

11

#12 bbfifas

bbfifas

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49852
  • Joined: 02/25/2008
  • Location:Vero Beach, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:56 AM

View PostBaitkiller, on 12 October 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

To clarify, every time I walk into a golf shop I hit drivers and they all suck, every time. Like three years of suck.. Nothing ever even challenged my gamer.. Until I tried this thing. I cant imagine the 8 being better but GOD Bless you Cobra Golf if it is.

What shaft you playing?  Thinking about upgrading the Flyz+ I use, I have a Aldila Tour Green in stiff that seems to be decent.
Cobra FLY Z+, Elements Chrome 6F4T 10*, weight back
Cobra FLY Z+ 3 wood, orange, aldila tour blue stiff, 14.5*
Taylormade V-Steel 5 wood, stock stiff
Ping g15 3 & 4 hybrids (ugly but effective)
Ping g25 5 iron with CFS Stiff (experimenting with this instead of going 5 hybrid)
Bridgestone J40 DPC 5-PW, PX flighted 5.5
PING Glide 50* SS, cfs wedge shaft
PING GLide 56*, ES Grind, cfs shaft
Scotty Select Newport, 73* lie, 1* loft, 34"
Callaway chrome soft

12

#13 Jasonic

Jasonic

    Gamer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,567 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 277815
  • Joined: 09/25/2013
  • Location:Queens NY
  • Handicap:5.2
GolfWRX Likes : 2574

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:08 AM

Went from LTD to f7+. works so well for me I like it better which I thought wasnt possible. Use an OG whiteboard, weight back.
2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

13

#14 gentles

gentles

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18758
  • Joined: 09/01/2006
  • Location:Ontario
GolfWRX Likes : 276

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:36 AM

Every day I check these threads to see if pics are out...how can so many people have hit them but no pics are available!

Taylormade 2016 M2 10.5 | Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Taylormade M2 DF Tour Issue 3HL* | Aldila Tour Blue 85x
Callaway Apex 18* | Aldila NVS 105x or UDI TP 2 iron | DG 105 X100
Titleist 716 TMB 4 | DG AMT X100
Taylormade P770 5-9 | DG AMT X100
Ping Glide 47/50/54/58 | DG S400
Ping Milled Anser 5


14

#15 Grover21

Grover21

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 279541
  • Joined: 10/08/2013
  • Location:Minnesota
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:27 AM

View Postgentles, on 13 October 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

Every day I check these threads to see if pics are out...how can so many people have hit them but no pics are available!

It helps when you work in the business and know all the club reps.  If you know the right people you can get your hands on stuff months before release dates.  It all comes down to who you know.

Ping G400 LST Oban White 05
Cobra F8+ Oban Purple 05
Mizuno MP H5 2 WB 82Hy X
Mizuno MP H5 3 DG SL X100
Miura CB 501 4-5 DG TI 120 X100
Miura MB 001 6-9 DG TI 120 X100
Mizuno MP T7 46,50,52,55,60 DG TI S400
Bettinardi Studio Stock #3/ Scotty Cameron TEI Santa Fe

15

#16 The General

The General

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12372
  • Joined: 02/21/2006
  • Location:Nashville, TN
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 525

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:21 AM

You can find the F8 pic with a simple google search!

16

#17 chch3

chch3

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 242251
  • Joined: 04/01/2013
  • Location:Pittsburgh, PA
  • Ebay ID:chach3
GolfWRX Likes : 271

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:39 AM

I can't wait to get my hands on a f8+ fairway wood.
Cobra F7+ // Aldila Rogue Silver
Cobra F6 Baffler // Tour AD DI
Taylormade UDI 2 Iron // Tensei Pro White
Cobra F7 Hybrid // Tensei Pro White
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-GW // Project X
Ping Tour Gorge 52 // Project X
Callaway PM Grind 56 // Project X
Taylormade Tour Spider Black

17

#18 Grover21

Grover21

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 279541
  • Joined: 10/08/2013
  • Location:Minnesota
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:30 PM

View PostThe General, on 13 October 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

You can find the F8 pic with a simple google search!

They haven't released any pics yet.  I did a google search as well and nothing but older models.
Ping G400 LST Oban White 05
Cobra F8+ Oban Purple 05
Mizuno MP H5 2 WB 82Hy X
Mizuno MP H5 3 DG SL X100
Miura CB 501 4-5 DG TI 120 X100
Miura MB 001 6-9 DG TI 120 X100
Mizuno MP T7 46,50,52,55,60 DG TI S400
Bettinardi Studio Stock #3/ Scotty Cameron TEI Santa Fe

18

#19 rawdog

rawdog

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424320
  • Joined: 05/08/2016
  • Location:Cleveland, OH
  • Handicap:8.6
  • Ebay ID:staghornsandmore
GolfWRX Likes : 2119

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:36 PM

Here's a link to the image that's still up. If that's against rules, please let me know. I will not be posting the image itself.

https://i2.wp.com/hu...?resize=672,372
Cobra LTD Driver
Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
Cobra F7 One Length Irons
Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
6I = 24*   7I = 29*   8I = 34*   9I = 39*   PW = 44*   GW = 49*   SW = 54*   LW = 59*
Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
Maxfli SoftFli

19

#20 Ri_Redneck

Ri_Redneck

    Leather for Life!!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,136 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31808
  • Joined: 06/15/2007
  • Location:New England
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:RI_Redneck
GolfWRX Likes : 1474

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:38 PM

View PostGrover21, on 12 October 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

I just got a sneak peak with a TrackMan range session with the yet to be released F8 and F8+.  All I have to say is look out Epic!  The sound was a nice in-between of a thud and a traditional "ping" sound.  Feel was excellent off the face especially on toed shots.  THEY HAVE A MILLED FACES!  The F*+ fit my game better due to I am a high spin player as is, and at only 440CC it was a good looking head.  They put carbon in the crown similar to the Epic with the addition of Cobra's version of turbulator like ridges on the crown.  They have two great color schemes this year getting away from the bright colors of the past.  There is either a grey finish or classic black.  I think that this will appeal more to the traditional golfing community.  They even come stock with real deal NV Blue and NV Green shafts!  I got to hit a couple of shots with the 3 wood and hybrid as well, both with the same color schemes and milled faces.  Both felt and sounded great and still have the baffler rails.  Which in my opinion are a great asset to have out of tricky lies.  I was told but did not get to see or hit, but they are coming out with new irons for the better players.  They will be released during the PGA Show this winter.  If you are looking to get a new driver, 3 wood, or hybrid this winter I would seriously give these a shot.

That sucks. I liked the colors.

BT


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 rawdog

rawdog

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424320
  • Joined: 05/08/2016
  • Location:Cleveland, OH
  • Handicap:8.6
  • Ebay ID:staghornsandmore
GolfWRX Likes : 2119

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:40 PM

View PostRi_Redneck, on 13 October 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

View PostGrover21, on 12 October 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

I just got a sneak peak with a TrackMan range session with the yet to be released F8 and F8+.  All I have to say is look out Epic!  The sound was a nice in-between of a thud and a traditional "ping" sound.  Feel was excellent off the face especially on toed shots.  THEY HAVE A MILLED FACES!  The F*+ fit my game better due to I am a high spin player as is, and at only 440CC it was a good looking head.  They put carbon in the crown similar to the Epic with the addition of Cobra's version of turbulator like ridges on the crown.  They have two great color schemes this year getting away from the bright colors of the past.  There is either a grey finish or classic black.  I think that this will appeal more to the traditional golfing community.  They even come stock with real deal NV Blue and NV Green shafts!  I got to hit a couple of shots with the 3 wood and hybrid as well, both with the same color schemes and milled faces.  Both felt and sounded great and still have the baffler rails.  Which in my opinion are a great asset to have out of tricky lies.  I was told but did not get to see or hit, but they are coming out with new irons for the better players.  They will be released during the PGA Show this winter.  If you are looking to get a new driver, 3 wood, or hybrid this winter I would seriously give these a shot.

That sucks. I liked the colors.

BT

Same. The one in the pic I shared looks like a transformer. All black and gray.
Cobra LTD Driver
Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
Cobra F7 One Length Irons
Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
6I = 24*   7I = 29*   8I = 34*   9I = 39*   PW = 44*   GW = 49*   SW = 54*   LW = 59*
Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
Maxfli SoftFli

21

#22 venturagolfer87

venturagolfer87

    Golfing is harder with a fro.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42595
  • Joined: 11/22/2007
  • Location:Ventura, California
  • Handicap:5.9
GolfWRX Likes : 125

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:07 PM

Kind of a shame that they changed the shape of the adjustable weights, now anyone that bought aftermarket heavy weights for their F7/+ is gonna have to reup. I actually switched back to my Fly-Z+ from the F6+ and could not be happier.  Never got to hit the F7+, but something tells me they'll be available for the low in the not too distant future. Some offseason tinkering will be in order.
WITB 2018
- F8+ 9*, Kuro Kage Silver DC TiNi TS60
-2017 M2 3HL, Rulz Type A 70s
-MP H5 2 iron, PX 6.0
-F6+ Hybrid, S+ 80s
-MP-18 MMC 5-PW, PX 6.0
-50/54 SM6 Jet Black
-58 Mack Daddy 2 Forged, S400
-Rife Iconic Vault 1
-Cut Blue

22

#23 TravAz

TravAz

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52825
  • Joined: 04/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 238

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:23 PM

View Postventuragolfer87, on 13 October 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

Kind of a shame that they changed the shape of the adjustable weights, now anyone that bought aftermarket heavy weights for their F7/+ is gonna have to reup. I actually switched back to my Fly-Z+ from the F6+ and could not be happier.  Never got to hit the F7+, but something tells me they'll be available for the low in the not too distant future. Some offseason tinkering will be in order.

Agree - dirty trick especially cause cobra charges 25$ per weight plus like 11$ to ship them to you.
Current Bag:
Cobra F7+,  Baffler
Vapor Fly Pro irons
TM EF 50,54 PM Grind 58

23

#24 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,447 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1696

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:35 PM

Rickie just posted a snapchat of him golfing today. I'll look again later but I wonder if it's the new F8??

I love me some Cobra products but I just don't see anything pushing my M2 out of the bag. All these tests from Rick Shiels lately got me thinking: Do I (or anybody) need to shell out $400 for maaaaybe 5-6 more yards? Am I that good (I'm not) where I need that little extra bit? From the old Cally drivers from 2012 til Epic, something like 8 yards max was gained. For a guy on a budget with a terrible affliction to buying clubs all the time, I just can't buy a new product unless I'm 100% convinced I'm gaining something really significant.
WITB
DR - '16 M2 Speeder Evo II 661 (Srixon Z785 on order)
3W - Rogue SZ Evenflow Blue 75 (F8 2kXV Blue 75 back up)
3h - JPX 850 Tensei Blue 80
Irons - P790 4-PW Modus 120
GW - Cobra Trusty 50/8 Modus Wedge 115
SW - Cobra Trusty 54/10 Modus Wedge 115 for firm turf/Taylormade Fe2O3 56/14 DG S200 for medium & soft
LW - Cobra Trusty 60/6 Modus Wedge 115
P - Custom Oil Soaked Xenon (Odyssey O Works Tank #7 backup)
Ball - Project (a) [Testing Q Star Tour's for WRX]
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

24

#25 Baitkiller

Baitkiller

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 359765
  • Joined: 01/27/2015
  • Location:SW Fl.
  • Handicap:Yes
GolfWRX Likes : 1038

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:42 PM

View Postbbfifas, on 13 October 2017 - 07:56 AM, said:

View PostBaitkiller, on 12 October 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

To clarify, every time I walk into a golf shop I hit drivers and they all suck, every time. Like three years of suck.. Nothing ever even challenged my gamer.. Until I tried this thing. I cant imagine the 8 being better but GOD Bless you Cobra Golf if it is.

What shaft you playing?  Thinking about upgrading the Flyz+ I use, I have a Aldila Tour Green in stiff that seems to be decent.
Stock Fuji stiff shaft, weight in front and neural settings. If felt great for me and that's odd because I hated the stock Fuji shaft in my Krank. I couldn't yank it of the head fast enough. I may pick up another UST tour if I can find one cheap and try that.

Turn over damnit!
Krank 9*  Formula 5 UST Tour
Adams 15* wasabi
XXIO pro 5
Adams Pro Gold Forged 3-46* / Steelfibers
Vanilla wedges 53 and 58*
Betti-1
K-sig

25

#26 BigHook25

BigHook25

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143811
  • Joined: 10/23/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 562

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:48 PM

View PostZ1ggy16, on 13 October 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

Rickie just posted a snapchat of him golfing today. I'll look again later but I wonder if it's the new F8??

I love me some Cobra products but I just don't see anything pushing my M2 out of the bag. All these tests from Rick Shiels lately got me thinking: Do I (or anybody) need to shell out $400 for maaaaybe 5-6 more yards? Am I that good (I'm not) where I need that little extra bit? From the old Cally drivers from 2012 til Epic, something like 8 yards max was gained. For a guy on a budget with a terrible affliction to buying clubs all the time, I just can't buy a new product unless I'm 100% convinced I'm gaining something really significant.

Although I really like trying new clubs and I'm always looking for a better driver, most of the time it doesn't result in that.  I still end up going back to the Cobra bio cell+.  Even 8 yards gained is in the margin of error and might be based more on how well the contact was, if new club was hit with longer shaft, etc.  I would have to see a consistent 10 yard gain to consider a new driver.

26

#27 The General

The General

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12372
  • Joined: 02/21/2006
  • Location:Nashville, TN
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 525

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:14 PM

is it WRX illegal to post pics of unreleased equipment? It was on their website. It's not like g gordon liddy broke in Cobra headquarters and used a spy camera to get the pic

27

#28 magnito1969

magnito1969

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54884
  • Joined: 05/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:28 PM

Excited about the new driver tech, but not so thrilled with the looks.   Love the clean lines of the F7.
F8+ / Copperhead - LTD / Kuro Kage XT
5w - F6 Baffler / Chrome+
4h - F7 Hybrid
4, 5 - Pinhawk Single Length Hybrid / Gunsmoke
6-P - DBM / Gunsmoke
52, 58 - Cleveland RTX-3
Ping Ketsch

28

#29 rawdog

rawdog

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424320
  • Joined: 05/08/2016
  • Location:Cleveland, OH
  • Handicap:8.6
  • Ebay ID:staghornsandmore
GolfWRX Likes : 2119

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:01 PM

View PostThe General, on 13 October 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

is it WRX illegal to post pics of unreleased equipment? It was on their website. It's not like g gordon liddy broke in Cobra headquarters and used a spy camera to get the pic

The link I posted above was to a screenshot of their website. I can't imagine that being against rules.
Cobra LTD Driver
Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
Cobra F7 One Length Irons
Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
6I = 24*   7I = 29*   8I = 34*   9I = 39*   PW = 44*   GW = 49*   SW = 54*   LW = 59*
Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
Maxfli SoftFli

29

#30 weightroom

weightroom

    Mediocre Shots Made With Exceptional Gear

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371505
  • Joined: 04/15/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:58 PM

Man, all this time and no one has dm'd me a pic yet....;-)

Callaway Epic, HZRDUS Red 6.5
2017 M2 3HL, Oban Kiyoshi Purple
Srixon U45 23* w/ Recoil Proto 125
Mizuno MP18 Combo Set w/ Oban CT-115 S+
Cleveland RTX 3 50*, 54*, 60*
Toulon Garage Custom Austin

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30




Also tagged with Cobra

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors