Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Miura Cb-501 vs Adams XTD forged

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GolfyMcWhacker'Guy

GolfyMcWhacker'Guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482518
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:04 PM

Hi guys , I've wanted JDM clubs for a long time ( well 3 years but I've been golfing 4 ).

I purchased the XTDs about 2 years ago , ended up snapping 5 of my iron shafts off which were C-taper 120s , KBS diagnosed over the phone and replaced with all TOUR-130X.

I had these Soft stepped once because I was scared and didn't know if it would be too manly for me ( driver SS is 111 smooth 115-17 if I gas it ).

I just went and was getting fit for Mp18 SCs and the optimized recommended X100 , KBS tours & I don't remember the 3rd , Project X 6.5? I think

I was about to buy them when I saw a MINT set of CB-501s  on eBay for 800 , 3-pw, which just so happened to be 1* upright , X100 tour issue shaft ,

Question is what can I expect from these compared to the Adams? I enjoy my Adams but have started really wearing out the faces and I love that nutted feeling from a blade type shot , I've read a lot of reviews saying CB501s are gods balls and I should be blessed to hold them , is this accurate still today?

I think I got a killer deal on these so if I don't like them 1000% I can hopefully recoup my cost

Thanks for any input you guys have

Edit regarding shafts

The tour 130s feel great but they balloon on me sometimes and I can lose 3-4 clubs in the wind , which drives me nuts because I only have 5-pw , and I don't like hitting a 2 hybrid from 205

Edited by GolfyMcWhacker'Guy, 12 October 2017 - 02:07 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Tzoid

Tzoid

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5124
  • Ebay ID:twallermizman
GolfWRX Likes : 166

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:17 PM

View PostGolfyMcWhacker, on 12 October 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

Hi guys , I've wanted JDM clubs for a long time ( well 3 years but I've been golfing 4 ).

I purchased the XTDs about 2 years ago , ended up snapping 5 of my iron shafts off which were C-taper 120s , KBS diagnosed over the phone and replaced with all TOUR-130X.

I had these Soft stepped once because I was scared and didn't know if it would be too manly for me ( driver SS is 111 smooth 115-17 if I gas it ).

I just went and was getting fit for Mp18 SCs and the optimized recommended X100 , KBS tours & I don't remember the 3rd , Project X 6.5? I think

I was about to buy them when I saw a MINT set of CB-501s  on eBay for 800 , 3-pw, which just so happened to be 1* upright , X100 tour issue shaft ,

Question is what can I expect from these compared to the Adams? I enjoy my Adams but have started really wearing out the faces and I love that nutted feeling from a blade type shot , I've read a lot of reviews saying CB501s are gods balls and I should be blessed to hold them , is this accurate still today?

I think I got a killer deal on these so if I don't like them 1000% I can hopefully recoup my cost

Edit regarding shafts

The tour 130s feel great but they balloon on me sometimes and I can lose 3-4 clubs in the wind , which drives me nuts because I only have 5-pw , and I don't like hitting a 2 hybrid from 205

I have owned Miura CB 2007 Irons for 5 rounds and sold them to a friend and moved on to OnOff Kuro Irons.  The CB 501 is a players cavity back iron and probably not as forgiving as the Adams XTD and probably not as soft feeling.  If they are mint condition and the shaft and specs works for you I would imagine you will love them.

There are plenty of Miura players here so I expect they will make you feel better about your purchase :)
Texan raised in Maryland
ONOFF Kuro 4-PW Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120S
Ping G Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 60
Ping Anser 3 & 5 Wood  G25 Hybrid
Scratch 50, 54 & 58 degree wedges
Scotty Cameron & Crown 33" Newport 2

#3 GolfyMcWhacker'Guy

GolfyMcWhacker'Guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:05 AM

View PostTzoid, on 12 October 2017 - 10:17 PM, said:

Edit regarding shafts

I have owned Miura CB 2007 Irons for 5 rounds and sold them to a friend and moved on to OnOff Kuro Irons.  The CB 501 is a players cavity back iron and probably not as forgiving as the Adams XTD and probably not as soft feeling.  If they are mint condition and the shaft and specs works for you I would imagine you will love them.

There are plenty of Miura players here so I expect they will make you feel better about your purchase :)

The Adams XTD forged are CB/MB combo

http://www.golfwrx.c...d-forged-irons/

I am hoping they are better feeling / lower launching and at least AS forgiving

#4 Tzoid

Tzoid

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5124
  • Ebay ID:twallermizman
GolfWRX Likes : 166

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:24 PM

View PostGolfyMcWhacker, on 13 October 2017 - 07:05 AM, said:

Edit regarding shafts

The Miura irons do not have the technology that the Adams irons do so I don't think they are AS forgiving but at a 7 handicap you should enjoy them.
Texan raised in Maryland
ONOFF Kuro 4-PW Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120S
Ping G Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 60
Ping Anser 3 & 5 Wood  G25 Hybrid
Scratch 50, 54 & 58 degree wedges
Scotty Cameron & Crown 33" Newport 2

#5 GolfyMcWhacker'Guy

GolfyMcWhacker'Guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:19 AM

View PostTzoid, on 13 October 2017 - 11:24 PM, said:

View PostGolfyMcWhacker, on 13 October 2017 - 07:05 AM, said:

Edit regarding shafts

The Miura irons do not have the technology that the Adams irons do so I don't think they are AS forgiving but at a 7 handicap you should enjoy them.

Ok thank you

My 1 complaint with the Adams is they are super dull leading edge ( very rounded ) and playing on firm fairways when there's no water is for a month or so is frustrating , hopefully these new ones cut through a little better

Ball contact isn't an issue it's about all I work on all week , if I could figure out how to chip a ball within 3-6 feet I'd probably be a 2 handicap

#6 GolfyMcWhacker'Guy

GolfyMcWhacker'Guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:10 PM

Got these today

Hit a few balls at range - shaft is much stiffer but my dispersion was super tight...

As for club head it goes through turf like a light saber . Loving it so far !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors