Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Edel Putter Fitting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sean289

Sean289

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447378
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:56 PM

I'm getting an Edel fitting this Saturday. Just wondering, how does it differ compared to a Sam Putt Lab fitting?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 srstrait

srstrait

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250272
  • Handicap:8.4
  • Ebay ID:snake9761
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:49 PM

The Edel method uses a combination of head shape, alignment aids, neck shapes to ensure you can aim the putter correctly. After you have established this, they will use a combination of head weight and optivibe weights to ensure you can control the speed.

The SAM putt lab simply measures what you are doing with the putter as you hit a series of 7 putts.

I was fit for an Edel putter at Club Champion back in February. I recently went back and got on the SAM machine and we made some adjustments based on those results. Ideally, you would do an Edel fitting and then confirm/tweak those results on a SAM machine.

Sean
Titleist 915d3 8.5 w/ Aldila Rogue Max 65
Titleist 917 F3 15* w/ Fujikura 757 Speeder Evolution TS S
Taylormade P790 3iron w/ hzrdus black 85
Ping I20 4-9 w/ KBS Tour  S
Vokey 46F, 50F, 54F, 58V
Edel E3
Taylormade TP5X

#3 Sean289

Sean289

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:52 AM

View Postsrstrait, on 12 October 2017 - 08:49 PM, said:

The Edel method uses a combination of head shape, alignment aids, neck shapes to ensure you can aim the putter correctly. After you have established this, they will use a combination of head weight and optivibe weights to ensure you can control the speed.

The SAM putt lab simply measures what you are doing with the putter as you hit a series of 7 putts.

I was fit for an Edel putter at Club Champion back in February. I recently went back and got on the SAM machine and we made some adjustments based on those results. Ideally, you would do an Edel fitting and then confirm/tweak those results on a SAM machine.

Sean

Thanks for the explanation. Does the Edel fitting recommend a loft and lie angle as well?

#4 cheers big ears

cheers big ears

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51401
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:10 AM

Yeah, loft, lie, length, weight, counterweight, headshape, alignment lines, hosel config.  

I recommend you check you can find the sweet spot when putting, I found that with all the weight in the heel the sweet spot felt about 1/2" towards the heel, really spoils the feel!  So during the fitting try hitting a few toe and heel side of the alignment Mark to check where the sweet spot actually is...

#5 Sean289

Sean289

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:36 AM

View Postcheers big ears, on 13 October 2017 - 05:10 AM, said:

Yeah, loft, lie, length, weight, counterweight, headshape, alignment lines, hosel config.  

I recommend you check you can find the sweet spot when putting, I found that with all the weight in the heel the sweet spot felt about 1/2" towards the heel, really spoils the feel!  So during the fitting try hitting a few toe and heel side of the alignment Mark to check where the sweet spot actually is...

That's great to know, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors