Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 3 votes

The secret to hitting the sweetspot with any club

103 replies to this topic

#61 Over it

Over it

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481030
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:39 PM

View PostMacogardy, on 12 October 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

Think about the argument posed by others is that , nah you or pros are just using your hand eye coordination to bring the center of the clubface to the ball.  

I'm saying I can't even see the clubhead throughout my swing I can only see the ball

When you swing a ping pong paddle you don't need to see it you feel where it is you can feel the cog

When you throw a ball you feel the cog and you throw it towards your target.  

A golf club is the same you feel the cog in transition and you swing it at the ball the shaft and the hosel and the toe only matter for loft and direction but not for bringing the cog to the ball

That's not the argument at all talk about making up stuff to make your case...lol!  What I'm saying is you have no idea where the cog is in the club head but you know from experience where the face is and how to square it up and bring it to the ball more or less on center, the cog in the club head isn't even a factor since the club head has a shaft attached to it and that now is a cog of the club that you feel.

You talk like you have just a club head with no shaft attached. Mac the cog of the club head is a pin point location and you will not feel where it is when a shaft and grip and ferrule and epoxy and maybe a weight is in and on the club head. C'mon really!

Posted Image

This is the little cog point in 2d you think you feel with the shaft attached swinging at 105 mph.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 Mcgeeno

Mcgeeno

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144643
GolfWRX Likes : 554

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:43 PM

Well I don't get how I can actually apply 'get the sweetspot to the ball' while playing or practicing, but man you have a great swing.

Looks really smooth dude.

Best of luck!

#63 Over it

Over it

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:47 PM

And matter of fact I was a very good table tennis player and I just knew where the face of the paddle was at all times and played and practiced a ton against other very good players. Oh and most of the time I never saw the paddle but always saw the ball and knew where the paddle was and how it was orientated in space... all starting from lousy to very good by learning how to use the racket and my athletic ability.

Also very good at darts but never practice at all hardly play yet I'm no hack...maybe I feel the cog of the dart...lol!

Oh I forgot to mention when I gripped the racket the cog changed wouldn't have a clue where it was before or after I grabbed that racket but I knew where it/the racket was in space and how it was orientated.

Edited by Over it, 12 October 2017 - 06:52 PM.

#64 4rheel

4rheel

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20950
GolfWRX Likes : 208

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:52 PM

Mac, is that the range in Orange, CA?

#65 Over it

Over it

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:53 PM

Mac if you  think it works for you great. All the more power to ya. Cheers!

#66 Macogardy

Macogardy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 432882
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 155

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:54 PM

Yes exactly good point you take that little tiny point which is the center of all the mass in the clubhead and you swing it at the ball.

Is it a learned thing your brain needs to figure out to get good at yeah I thing so.  But my point is that you need to treat the club more simply like a dowel.  
Basically your brain need to know how much forward lean you need on that dowel.  How open or closed that dowel will be at impact and are you gonna drive the cog at the ball under the ball or on top of it.

Either way you feel the cog,  I here you about the shaft and the grip and the glue but I think your brain is so good it filters that out and uses your proprioception to bring what it knows as the sweetspot to the ball.

#67 Macogardy

Macogardy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

View Post4rheel, on 12 October 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

Mac, is that the range in Orange, CA?

Yes supersports hanging out with the young pros at the end of the range keeps you young

#68 Over it

Over it

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

View PostMacogardy, on 12 October 2017 - 06:54 PM, said:

Yes exactly good point you take that little tiny point which is the center of all the mass in the clubhead and you swing it at the ball.

Is it a learned thing your brain needs to figure out to get good at yeah I thing so.  But my point is that you need to treat the club more simply like a dowel.  
Basically your brain need to know how much forward lean you need on that dowel.  How open or closed that dowel will be at impact and are you gonna drive the cog at the ball under the ball or on top of it.

Either way you feel the cog,  I here you about the shaft and the grip and the glue but I think your brain is so good it filters that out and uses your proprioception to bring what it knows as the sweetspot to the ball.

Cog of the whole club then we agree but just the club head cog ...I have to respectfully disagree. It's more about the face awareness in space at a given time that's why I said most people have no idea where their hands are at any given point in the swing never mind the face orientation or the cog of the club head.

Edited by Over it, 12 October 2017 - 06:59 PM.

#69 Over it

Over it

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:07 PM

View PostMacogardy, on 12 October 2017 - 06:54 PM, said:

One more thing about bringing the sweet spot to the ball not all the  different ways of doing that are a good thing!

#70 Etzwane

Etzwane

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68782
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:54 AM

Lots of good posts but let me try to add a slighty different lighting to the subject.

The sweetspot is indeed offset from the shaft and the shaft tends to rotate around the sweetspot if unperturbed. On the other hand,  if you're overpowering the shaft you may force it to swing on plane and so the sweetspot is pulled of-circle / off-plane. The alternative is to allow for the sweetspot to swing on plane and the shaft to rotate around it, TGM calls that Hinge Action : program your body so that the hands allows the handle to rotate the right amount around impact, without steering.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#71 Macogardy

Macogardy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:28 AM

View PostEtzwane, on 13 October 2017 - 02:54 AM, said:

Lots of good posts but let me try to add a slighty different lighting to the subject.

The sweetspot is indeed offset from the shaft and the shaft tends to rotate around the sweetspot if unperturbed. On the other hand,  if you're overpowering the shaft you may force it to swing on plane and so the sweetspot is pulled of-circle / off-plane. The alternative is to allow for the sweetspot to swing on plane and the shaft to rotate around it, TGM calls that Hinge Action : program your body so that the hands allows the handle to rotate the right amount around impact, without steering.

Good post I've found if you swing the club like a dowel and imagine it is one it takes away the leverage most people apply to the club,  the club needs input it needs to be swing from the center or at least I've found for me to get the best results you can definitely overpower it and use leverage but you get inferior results to swinging.  The power needs to come from the center and the face closure is gradual that will keep the sweetspot on plane and undisturbed.  If you ever swing a whippy club in order to hit it good you have to swing from the center and coax the correct face closure to it it's gotta be smooth,

#72 Strike Force

Strike Force

Compress Deform Flatten Pinch Smash Squeeze SIZZLE

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 299780
  • Handicap:+
GolfWRX Likes : 554

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:24 PM

Most amateurs think the clubhead as something that rotates around the clubshaft. They work very hard in all sorts of ways in order to make that happen ... and they fight against the forces that others that know better use to their advantage.  When first learning to play the game most people (adults in particular) learn early in their quest to play golf that it's difficult to square the clubface through impact.  And it's also difficult to have the ball hit the sweet spot.  These difficulties quite often come about because of their misconception in how the golf club reacts when it is swung as it was designed and intended to be.  They usually must fight against this clubhead reaction (of it not squaring-up and not being able to hit the sweet spot) by using their brute force muscular manipulation - in other words they must intentionally force the clubhead to rotate around the shaft...instead of swinging the sweet spot (or center-of-gravity) of the clubhead and allowing (or letting) the shaft to orbit or rotate around the sweet spot.  What makes this tremendous [incorrect] effort even more difficult by most golfers is that they are actually fighting against themselves and physics...when there is no need.

When the clubhead's sweet spot is rotated about a 1/4 turn and lays against the swing plane the sweet spot plane is aligned with the clubshaft plane - in other words the clubshaft plane and sweet spot plane are on the same plane, which are laying on the golfer's swing plane.  But, as the downswing progresses (and the forearm, etc. rotate back from its 1/4 turn) the sweet spot plane moves away from its alignment with the clubshaft plane, and the end of the shaft (hosel) reacts to the clubhead's center-of-gravity or sweet spot plane ... and this reaction causes the hosel to orbit around the sweet spot through the impact zone. As this happens the lower end of the clubshaft droops.  If you were to swing the golf club as if it were a shaft with a weight on the very end (instead of an 'L' shaped clubhead attached to it), then you would be swinging the sweet spot.  With a golf club that has the clubhead attached to it, you swing the sweet spot by swinging it just like there was no clubhead attached to it because the clubhead's Cg (sweet spot) will take control (due to its heavier weight compared to the shaft's lighter weight) once the sweet spot plane starts moving away from its 1/4 turn alignment with the clubshaft plane - and this causes a 'droop' in the lower shaft, which makes the sweet spot pass in a straight plane line from the grip end of the shaft.  Most people think the clubhead rotates around the lower shaft (hosel).  It does not.  The shaft orbits or rotates around the Cg or sweet spot.  

Learn to swing the sweet spot and you'll always have a solid strike on the sweet spot ... and you won't need all that wasted muscular effort trying to square the clubface, plus you'll compress the ball to the maximum and gain clubhead speed and accuracy...   

In the video (below) look where Pat Perez intentionally and (with conviction) moves the hosel of his club just before he starts the club back.  This is his way to make sure he swings the sweet spot, something he's been doing since he was a teenager.

Psssst - Don't tell anyone ... because it is kinda a secret!

Posted Image

Edited by Strike Force, 14 October 2017 - 09:40 PM.

Driver - Ping G30 9° w/ Tour 80-S
Woods - Adams Redline RPM 3W & 5W w/ Fujikura 75-X
Hybrid - Cleveland HALO 15° w/ IROD-X (Ø)
Irons - Titleist 716 AP2 #3 - PW w/ DG-X100 (#3 Ø)
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM5 48.08M (Ø), 52.10M & TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF 58.10
Putter - Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II Face-Balanced w/ Original Stronomic Black Insert
Golf Ball - Titleist Pro V1
(Ø) = Clubs that are apt to be removed to make-up 14 total clubs

#73 Jasonic

Jasonic

Gamer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 277815
  • Handicap:7.2
GolfWRX Likes : 2080

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:27 PM

View PostStrike Force, on 14 October 2017 - 08:24 PM, said:

Most amateurs think the clubhead as something that rotates around the clubshaft. They work very hard in all sorts of ways in order to make that happen ... and they fight against the forces that others that know better use to their advantage.  When first learning to play the game most people (adults in particular) learn early in their quest to play golf that it's difficult to square the clubface through impact.  And it's also difficult to have the ball hit the sweet spot.  These difficulties quite often come about because of their misconception in how the golf club reacts when it is swung as it was designed and intended to be.  They usually must fight against this clubhead reaction (of it not squaring-up and not being able to hit the sweet spot) by using their brute force muscular manipulation - in other words they must intentionally force the clubhead to rotate around the shaft...instead of swinging the sweet spot (or center-of-gravity) of the clubhead and allowing (or letting) the shaft to orbit or rotate around the sweet spot.  What makes this tremendous [incorrect] effort even more difficult by most golfers is that they are actually fighting against themselves and physics...when there is no need.

When the clubhead's sweet spot is rotated about a 1/4 turn and lays against the swing plane the sweet spot plane is aligned with the clubshaft plane - in other words the clubshaft plane and sweet spot plane are on the same plane, which are laying on the golfer's swing plane.  But, as the downswing progresses (and the forearm, etc. rotate back from its 1/4 turn) the sweet spot plane moves away from its alignment with the clubshaft plane, and the end of the shaft (hosel) reacts to the clubhead's center-of-gravity or sweet spot plane ... and this reaction causes the hosel to orbit around the sweet spot through the impact zone. As this happens the lower end of the clubshaft droops.  If you were to swing the golf club as if it were a shaft with a weight on the very end (instead of an 'L' shaped clubhead attached to it), then you would be swinging the sweet spot.  With a golf club that has the clubhead attached to it, you swing the sweet spot by swinging it just like there was no clubhead attached to it because the clubhead's Cg (sweet spot) will take control (due to its heavier weight compared to the shaft's lighter weight) once the sweet spot plane starts moving away from its 1/4 turn alignment with the clubshaft plane - and this causes a 'droop' in the lower shaft, which makes the sweet spot pass in a straight plane line from the grip end of the shaft.  Most people think the clubhead rotates around the lower shaft (hosel).  It does not.  The shaft orbits or rotates around the Cg or sweet spot.  

Learn to swing the sweet spot and you'll always have a solid strike on the sweet spot ... and you won't need all that wasted muscular effort trying to square the clubface, plus you'll compress the ball to the maximum and gain clubhead speed and accuracy...      

In the video (below) look where Pat Perez intentionally and (with conviction) moves the hosel of his club just before he starts the club back.  This is his way to make sure he swings the sweet spot, something he's been doing since he was a teenager.

Psssst - Don't tell anyone ... because it is kinda a secret!

Posted Image

lol using pat Perez as a model. Straight from the mean streets of Torrey Pines!!! What a doosh
Cobra f7+ 9.5*- Flowerband OG WB 73x
Cobra f7 3/4 wood - 14.5* - Flowerband OG WB 83x
Srixon u45 DI - 20* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Srixon z945 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
TaylorMade Spider Limited Red
KSig or Snell MTB :)

#74 Miggaletoe

Miggaletoe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103780
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:30 PM

So what's the point of any of this?

#75 Golfrnut

Golfrnut

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,231 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132818
GolfWRX Likes : 1811

Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:01 AM

View PostMiggaletoe, on 14 October 2017 - 10:30 PM, said:

It's just two mentally delusional egos of the same person trying to convince people that they think they understand something as it relates to the golf swing.

Don't do drugs kids. Or in his case, don't stop taking the ones that the doc perscribes to you.

TM Supertri V2 w/ AD DI
Callaway 3Deep w/ 73 BB
Callaway Apex UT 21* w/ i80 Steelfiber
Callaway RAZR MBs 4-PW w/ i95 Steelfiber
Callaway MD3 50* & 54*/58* PM grind
Odyssey MXM 1W

#76 Mattz

Mattz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 399906
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:sonikzy
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:50 AM

View PostGolfrnut, on 15 October 2017 - 12:01 AM, said:

It's just two mentally delusional egos of the same person trying to convince people that they think they understand something as it relates to the golf swing.

Don't do drugs kids. Or in his case, don't stop taking the ones that the doc perscribes to you.

The guy has a really good point, but he doesnt sell it very well, I fell his pain as it always happen to me. There is what he says and what you might first perceive. And then there is what he want to say or what he is trying to say. I also think that "feeling the cog" is a big call and a long shot.  Aligning the shaft with the center of the gravity of the club at the top of the backswing is very understandable though. And swinging your club like you would try to keep those 2 axis aligned on the same plane the longer possible can also makes sense. But then your face is open, like stated above, the club might need some help or square the face. I like the concept thet the shaft rotates behind the club head and cog isntead of tryong to rotate the head in front of the shaft. Its way easier and less demanding to turn a 130 g shaft on its axis than to turn a 300g head off its trajectory and momentum.

Ive hit trying to hit the sweetspot the whole summer and ive been hitting the toe the whole summer. I wish I read that in april.

If you dont understand or disagree(but there is nothing here to agree with or disagree), just comment " hey, its nice that this feeling works for you, this intention or whatever, as long as it works for you"

And it seems to me that they effectively understand something in the golf swing. They understand that the cog of the whole club isnt aligned with the shaft. And that its way more efficient to keep the cog plane of the club aligned with the shaft plane the the longer possible, or the intention of it or whatever. And if you do that, the cog of the club head will find its way on the ball. Might need some help to square the face somehow though, but cog will be the on the ball, with face open closed or squared hopefully.

But im probably a third delusional ego speculating on the golf swing as my master in mechanical engineering though me nothing about simple physics, oh wait.
Callaway X2 10*
Callaway X2 3 Deep
Callaway X2 Pro Hyb
Callaway X Forged 09  PX 6.0
Titleist       710cb X100<
Callaway Jaws CC 52-56-60-64*
Bettinardi C03 / YES Sandy

#77 Golfrnut

Golfrnut

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,231 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:22 AM

View PostMattz, on 15 October 2017 - 12:50 AM, said:

The guy has a really good point, but he doesnt sell it very well, I fell his pain as it always happen to me. There is what he says and what you might first perceive. And then there is what he want to say or what he is trying to say. I also think that "feeling the cog" is a big call and a long shot.  Aligning the shaft with the center of the gravity of the club at the top of the backswing is very understandable though. And swinging your club like you would try to keep those 2 axis aligned on the same plane the longer possible can also makes sense. But then your face is open, like stated above, the club might need some help or square the face. I like the concept thet the shaft rotates behind the club head and cog isntead of tryong to rotate the head in front of the shaft. Its way easier and less demanding to turn a 130 g shaft on its axis than to turn a 300g head off its trajectory and momentum.

Ive hit trying to hit the sweetspot the whole summer and ive been hitting the toe the whole summer. I wish I read that in april.

If you dont understand or disagree(but there is nothing here to agree with or disagree), just comment " hey, its nice that this feeling works for you, this intention or whatever, as long as it works for you"

And it seems to me that they effectively understand something in the golf swing. They understand that the cog of the whole club isnt aligned with the shaft. And that its way more efficient to keep the cog plane of the club aligned with the shaft plane the the longer possible, or the intention of it or whatever. And if you do that, the cog of the club head will find its way on the ball. Might need some help to square the face somehow though, but cog will be the on the ball, with face open closed or squared hopefully.

But im probably a third delusional ego speculating on the golf swing as my master in mechanical engineering though me nothing about simple physics, oh wait.

Mac is nothing more than more than one more username on here created by the same guy that gets constantly banned.  The CG has been measured/tracked before, it's not new material.  I posted the link in this thread already.  It's nowhere near aligned anywhere near impact.  It's just the same two usernames, which I am pretty sure are one in the same person trying to stroke their own alter egos, posting the same dribble over and over again.  Ol Mac, Strike Force, 'Strike Farce' (just showed up), plus who knows how many others...are doing nothing more than trying to pollute the forums.

Edited by Golfrnut, 15 October 2017 - 01:42 AM.

TM Supertri V2 w/ AD DI
Callaway 3Deep w/ 73 BB
Odyssey MXM 1W

#78 Golf nerd

Golf nerd

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 336769
GolfWRX Likes : 178

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:27 AM

Has anybody mentioned the droop of the shaft that occurs in the impact area? That may be very different depending on shaft flex, club and depending how far the sweetspot or cog of the clubface is located. I can't imagine that our brain is that good.

Posted Image

Edited by Golf nerd, 15 October 2017 - 06:33 AM.

#79 Macogardy

Macogardy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:47 AM

Strike force
Very good post you said what I have been trying to say very nicely.

When you talk about the hosel secret.  Are you saying he is trying to swing the hosel away on plane without rotating the first few inches?  I've never heard of this and am not sure exactly what you mean but I am intrigued.  Where do you reside?

And golfnut or anyone else you are so silly about this multiple screen name thing I am one person I've shown videos of myself. I don't know who strikeforce is but know I'm gonna be on the lookout for his post as he's one of the few people I've seen that has some clarity on the golf swing.  

#80 robbohank

robbohank

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37550
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 86

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:06 AM

Here's another Manzella video on shanking that gets into the sweetspot and it's orientation to the shaft plane in the swing and it's affect on shanking. If nothing else it may help illuminate the concept of the SS moving from being on the shaft plane to moving off it on the downswing.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#81 Golfrnut

Golfrnut

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,231 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:11 AM

View PostMacogardy, on 15 October 2017 - 07:47 AM, said:

Strike force

When you talk about the hosel secret.  Are you saying he is trying to swing the hosel away on plane without rotating the first few inches?  I've never heard of this and am not sure exactly what you mean but I am intrigued.  Where do you reside?

And golfnut or anyone else you are so silly about this multiple screen name thing I am one person I've shown videos of myself. I don't know who strikeforce is but know I'm gonna be on the lookout for his post as he's one of the few people I've seen that has some clarity on the golf swing.  

Well, next time you see him, you may want to tell him that isn't the proper way to measure the CG of the club head either, he's got that part wrong too.
TM Supertri V2 w/ AD DI
Callaway 3Deep w/ 73 BB
Odyssey MXM 1W

#82 Ghost of Snead

Ghost of Snead

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 257314
GolfWRX Likes : 1406

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:36 AM

View PostGolfrnut, on 15 October 2017 - 01:22 AM, said:

Mac is nothing more than more than one more username on here created by the same guy that gets constantly banned.  The CG has been measured/tracked before, it's not new material.  I posted the link in this thread already.  It's nowhere near aligned anywhere near impact.  It's just the same two usernames, which I am pretty sure are one in the same person trying to stroke their own alter egos, posting the same dribble over and over again.  Ol Mac, Strike Force, 'Strike Farce' (just showed up), plus who knows how many others...are doing nothing more than trying to pollute the forums.

I think the intent of a lot of these "trolls" is to indirectly discredit the instructors who give free advice here either due to jealousy or past history.

#83 Over it

Over it

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:45 AM

View PostGolfrnut, on 15 October 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

View PostMacogardy, on 15 October 2017 - 07:47 AM, said:

Strike force

Well, next time you see him, you may want to tell him that isn't the proper way to measure the CG of the club head either, he's got that part wrong too.

Yeah Mac and Strike don't need to measure the cog.... they can tell where it is at any point in space or any orientation just by feeling it

They could take any club from any manufacturer and instantly know where the cog was just by picking it up,  they have ability that only true cog savants possess , their ability is  more rare than the Northern Hairy Nosed Wombat!

Edited by Over it, 15 October 2017 - 08:46 AM.

#84 Ipreach

Ipreach

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479494
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:09 AM

Good thread here gents. Pay no mind these brown nosing fluffers.

#85 Ghost of Snead

Ghost of Snead

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 257314
GolfWRX Likes : 1406

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:16 AM

View PostIpreach, on 15 October 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

Good thread here gents. Pay no mind these brown nosing fluffers.

Your first 3 posts were much better. :ban:

#86 Golfrnut

Golfrnut

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,231 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:22 AM

View PostGhost of Snead, on 15 October 2017 - 08:36 AM, said:

View PostGolfrnut, on 15 October 2017 - 01:22 AM, said:

I think the intent of a lot of these "trolls" is to indirectly discredit the instructors who give free advice here either due to jealousy or past history.

True. And a sever case of Histrionic Personality Disorder.
TM Supertri V2 w/ AD DI
Callaway 3Deep w/ 73 BB
Odyssey MXM 1W

#87 Ipreach

Ipreach

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479494
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:25 AM

View Postrobbohank, on 15 October 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

Here's another Manzella video on shanking that gets into the sweetspot and it's orientation to the shaft plane in the swing and it's affect on shanking. If nothing else it may help illuminate the concept of the SS moving from being on the shaft plane to moving off it on the downswing.

If you want to add credibility to a thread just insert a Manzella video. Said absolutely no one ever. Might as well throw in some Joe Mayo quotes FFS.

#88 Mattz

Mattz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 399906
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:sonikzy
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:27 AM

Haaa kk, I missed something about the egos thing hehe sorry.

And he may be trolling on some sutff I dont know.

I just think though that its a good idea to understand that you can align one of the axis of the cog of the club with your swing plane sometimes in the backswing and in the downswing.
Callaway X2 10*
Callaway X2 3 Deep
Callaway X2 Pro Hyb
Callaway X Forged 09  PX 6.0
Titleist       710cb X100<
Callaway Jaws CC 52-56-60-64*
Bettinardi C03 / YES Sandy

#89 Over it

Over it

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:31 AM

View PostIpreach, on 15 October 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

View Postrobbohank, on 15 October 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

If you want to add credibility to a thread just insert a Manzella video. Said absolutely no one ever. Might as well throw in some Joe Mayo quotes FFS.

Yeah you're right this thread/theory lacks credibility big time!

#90 Golfrnut

Golfrnut

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,231 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:33 AM

View PostMattz, on 15 October 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

Haaa kk, I missed something about the egos thing hehe sorry. And he may be trolling on some sutff I dont know. I just think though that its a good idea to understand that you can align one of the axis of the cog of the club with your swing plane sometimes in the backswing and in the downswing.

You can add IPreach to that list...obviously

TM Supertri V2 w/ AD DI
Callaway 3Deep w/ 73 BB
Odyssey MXM 1W

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

bluesmandan

GolfWRX Sponsors