Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * - - - 1 votes

PING Vault 2.0 Dalehead Anser (2018 Release)


73 replies to this topic

#1 chiefgolf

chiefgolf

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 411896
  • Joined: 02/11/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

Caught wind of this putter on a Tour & Pre-Release thread....What exactly do we know about this model?  Obviously asking for photos would be a tall order.....but I'm a tall guy so if you got em, bring enough to share with the whole class. :)

@CHIEFGOLFOFFICIAL (INSTAGRAM)

CLEVELAND HB 10  |  TITLEIST 917 D3  | PING G400 3HY  |  MIZUNO MP-18 SC 5-PW    
VOKEY SM6 52.08 (F)  |  VOKEY SM6 58.12 (K)  |  VICE PRO SOFT PREFERRED BALL

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 m_schroeds

m_schroeds

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 171380
  • Joined: 03/26/2012
  • Location:Madison, WI
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 94

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:44 AM

I'm most curious about the face milling. I hope they move away from the TR grooves and whatever you call what was on the original Vaults and more towards a traditional milling pattern. Always thought shallow classic milling w/ the Pingman logo stamped on the face under the neck would be really fly...
16 M1 @ 11.25
EX10 Beta 4W 16.5
XCG7 Beta 3H 19
i E1 4-U
SM4 54.11 M, 58.09S
Anser Milled 1

2

#3 phelps22

phelps22

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406
  • Joined: 04/28/2005
  • Location:Cincinnati, Oh
GolfWRX Likes : 164

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:42 PM

It is definitely on the sales sheet for early 18 just confirmed it with my local shop. Finish's on the sales sheet were platinum, stealth, and copper. Hopefully it will not be just a PLD 1 putter with the vault name but a true Dalehead.

Edited by phelps22, 12 October 2017 - 03:01 PM.

Callaway XR16 Sub Zero 9.5
Ping G25 5 wood
Adams Idea Pro 24*
Callaway Apex Pro 16 5, Apex MB 18 6-pw, aw
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 60*
Piretti 801

3

#4 cmb71

cmb71

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,345 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28443
  • Joined: 05/01/2007
  • Location:Central Illinois
GolfWRX Likes : 404

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:03 PM

Gotta follow this one here too... please give us the DH!
TaylorMade 9.5* M3 460 - Tensei Pro Orange V2 60TX
TaylorMade M4 Tour 15* - Aldila Copperhead 70X
TaylorMade UDI 790 2 Iron - Tour AD 95X
TaylorMade 790 3-PW - Nippon Modus 130 S
Titleist Vokey WW SM7 Raw 51* & 56* - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
Titleist Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #3

4

#5 chiefgolf

chiefgolf

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 411896
  • Joined: 02/11/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:49 PM

I've heard that this is a new copper finish they are using on the head as well.  The last PVD finish was mega gold.

@CHIEFGOLFOFFICIAL (INSTAGRAM)

CLEVELAND HB 10  |  TITLEIST 917 D3  | PING G400 3HY  |  MIZUNO MP-18 SC 5-PW    
VOKEY SM6 52.08 (F)  |  VOKEY SM6 58.12 (K)  |  VICE PRO SOFT PREFERRED BALL

5

#6 Scotty1140

Scotty1140

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,533 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132137
  • Joined: 07/02/2011
  • Location:M Go Blue
GolfWRX Likes : 2172

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:17 PM

Ping hasn't released a nice looking Dalehead Anser in a loooooooooog time. Most modern Ansers are boxy and too square with thin top lines, with none of the flow and softness of the originals. So many other makers do a much better Anser than Ping IMO.

They were kind of in the right track with the TR1966 Anser but the grooves and the awful gold finish killed it for me.

It would be nice to see Ping deliver on this one.

6

#7 phelps22

phelps22

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406
  • Joined: 04/28/2005
  • Location:Cincinnati, Oh
GolfWRX Likes : 164

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:15 PM

Fingers crossed they do a real Dalehead for the Vault line.
Callaway XR16 Sub Zero 9.5
Ping G25 5 wood
Adams Idea Pro 24*
Callaway Apex Pro 16 5, Apex MB 18 6-pw, aw
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 60*
Piretti 801

7

#8 jtitleist12

jtitleist12

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21919
  • Joined: 11/17/2006
  • Location:Ohio
  • Ebay ID:jtitleist12
GolfWRX Likes : 836

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:10 AM

From the above comments, it's sounding like it will be plated which would be a bummer.  Hoping the "platinum" is just bead blasted stainless but PING also has a history of complicating simple things.

- Josh

8

#9 croy0021

croy0021

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 311861
  • Joined: 04/28/2014
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Handicap:2
  • Ebay ID:croy0021
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:25 PM

After the discussion with a sales rep, here is what I got:
-Precision milled, which will be more of a milled face rather than the original Vault lineup
-Each putter will be available in 3 finishes: platinum, silver mist, and black (these aren't the exact names but are the same finish)
-The Dale and ZB will be put back into the lineup
-A new weighting system is going in as well in the heel and toe, located on the sole. The weights will vary in color dependent on which finish you purchase, but they are interchangeable from 5-20g I believe
-New headcover designs, not that this matters in performance, but they do have some putter covers coming out that are more limited/custom/personalized, which the buyer can choose from

*P.S. I got to hold some of the putters in hand in each finish and the black finish is one of the best finishes I have seen. It has a flatness to it, but still has a good polished look to it. Sorry, no pictures to provide though.

9

#10 Scotty1140

Scotty1140

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,533 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132137
  • Joined: 07/02/2011
  • Location:M Go Blue
GolfWRX Likes : 2172

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:29 PM

View Postcroy0021, on 17 October 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

After the discussion with a sales rep, here is what I got:
-Precision milled, which will be more of a milled face rather than the original Vault lineup
-Each putter will be available in 3 finishes: platinum, silver mist, and black (these aren't the exact names but are the same finish)
-The Dale and ZB will be put back into the lineup
-A new weighting system is going in as well in the heel and toe, located on the sole. The weights will vary in color dependent on which finish you purchase, but they are interchangeable from 5-20g I believe
-New headcover designs, not that this matters in performance, but they do have some putter covers coming out that are more limited/custom/personalized, which the buyer can choose from

*P.S. I got to hold some of the putters in hand in each finish and the black finish is one of the best finishes I have seen. It has a flatness to it, but still has a good polished look to it. Sorry, no pictures to provide though.
Could you describe the actual head shape? How does it compare to previous Anser models from Ping and some of the more popular dale heads from other makers, like a DH89, 009, etc.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 nova6868

nova6868

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140033
  • Joined: 09/27/2011
  • Location:San Antonio, TX
  • Handicap:2.1
  • Ebay ID:nova6868nova
GolfWRX Likes : 1802

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:10 PM

So they are moving away from the TR grooves in the Vault line? Back to the horizontal grooves, or something else?

11

#12 croy0021

croy0021

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 311861
  • Joined: 04/28/2014
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Handicap:2
  • Ebay ID:croy0021
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:23 PM

View PostScotty1140, on 17 October 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

View Postcroy0021, on 17 October 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

After the discussion with a sales rep, here is what I got:
-Precision milled, which will be more of a milled face rather than the original Vault lineup
-Each putter will be available in 3 finishes: platinum, silver mist, and black (these aren't the exact names but are the same finish)
-The Dale and ZB will be put back into the lineup
-A new weighting system is going in as well in the heel and toe, located on the sole. The weights will vary in color dependent on which finish you purchase, but they are interchangeable from 5-20g I believe
-New headcover designs, not that this matters in performance, but they do have some putter covers coming out that are more limited/custom/personalized, which the buyer can choose from

*P.S. I got to hold some of the putters in hand in each finish and the black finish is one of the best finishes I have seen. It has a flatness to it, but still has a good polished look to it. Sorry, no pictures to provide though.
Could you describe the actual head shape? How does it compare to previous Anser models from Ping and some of the more popular dale heads from other makers, like a DH89, 009, etc.
To be accurate, I have a good relationship with this rep so let me check. And yes the grooves are moving more towards a horizontal.

12

#13 chiefgolf

chiefgolf

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 411896
  • Joined: 02/11/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:08 PM

There's gotta be more out there regarding this putter! And new insight?
@CHIEFGOLFOFFICIAL (INSTAGRAM)

CLEVELAND HB 10  |  TITLEIST 917 D3  | PING G400 3HY  |  MIZUNO MP-18 SC 5-PW    
VOKEY SM6 52.08 (F)  |  VOKEY SM6 58.12 (K)  |  VICE PRO SOFT PREFERRED BALL

13

#14 Holy Moses

Holy Moses

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,620 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180764
  • Joined: 05/14/2012
  • Location:Chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 3543

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:38 PM

Price?
Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G30 17* 5W (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

14

#15 trying2scratch

trying2scratch

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 203751
  • Joined: 09/19/2012
  • Location:London, ON
GolfWRX Likes : 203

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:24 PM

I have no clue whether this is close to what will come, but have a sneaky feeling it will be very close to this proto version minus the tungsten weights in the face.  From last year but remembered seeing it, finally tracked them down.  Slightly different lines and shaping then the older Anser milled line.  

This thread needed some pictures anyway so here we go:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image


Source: http://www.golfwrx.c...sible-to-order/


15

#16 pingman_24

pingman_24

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52452
  • Joined: 03/28/2008
  • Location:New York
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:32 PM

Not specifically about the dalehead but it looks like the Vault 2.0 range will include Dalehead, Voss, B60, Piper, ZB and Ketsch.
Ping G30 12 SFTec Tour 65
Ping G 5 Wood 17.5 Alta CB
Ping G400 9 Wood 23 Alta CB
Ping G25 27 & 31 Hybrid PWR 80
Ping G irons 8-LW TT XP95
Ping Sigma G Kushin

16

#17 chiefgolf

chiefgolf

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 411896
  • Joined: 02/11/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:34 PM

Great looking photos! Any ideas when we might start seeing photos of the Vault 2.0 Dalehead Anser?  Unsure of Ping's release cycle when it comes to putters.
@CHIEFGOLFOFFICIAL (INSTAGRAM)

CLEVELAND HB 10  |  TITLEIST 917 D3  | PING G400 3HY  |  MIZUNO MP-18 SC 5-PW    
VOKEY SM6 52.08 (F)  |  VOKEY SM6 58.12 (K)  |  VICE PRO SOFT PREFERRED BALL

17

#18 phelps22

phelps22

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406
  • Joined: 04/28/2005
  • Location:Cincinnati, Oh
GolfWRX Likes : 164

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:09 PM

I know they are scheduled for February release. My local shop has an order in for them and they said the dalehead definitely has an old school anser look to it.
Callaway XR16 Sub Zero 9.5
Ping G25 5 wood
Adams Idea Pro 24*
Callaway Apex Pro 16 5, Apex MB 18 6-pw, aw
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 60*
Piretti 801

18

#19 TheRIGERE

TheRIGERE

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 435502
  • Joined: 08/05/2016
  • Location:Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:55 PM

View Postcroy0021, on 17 October 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

View PostScotty1140, on 17 October 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

View Postcroy0021, on 17 October 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

After the discussion with a sales rep, here is what I got:
-Precision milled, which will be more of a milled face rather than the original Vault lineup
-Each putter will be available in 3 finishes: platinum, silver mist, and black (these aren't the exact names but are the same finish)
-The Dale and ZB will be put back into the lineup
-A new weighting system is going in as well in the heel and toe, located on the sole. The weights will vary in color dependent on which finish you purchase, but they are interchangeable from 5-20g I believe
-New headcover designs, not that this matters in performance, but they do have some putter covers coming out that are more limited/custom/personalized, which the buyer can choose from

*P.S. I got to hold some of the putters in hand in each finish and the black finish is one of the best finishes I have seen. It has a flatness to it, but still has a good polished look to it. Sorry, no pictures to provide though.
Could you describe the actual head shape? How does it compare to previous Anser models from Ping and some of the more popular dale heads from other makers, like a DH89, 009, etc.
To be accurate, I have a good relationship with this rep so let me check. And yes the grooves are moving more towards a horizontal.

Not sure what you were looking at or your rep but I saw them last week when my rep brought them in. They are slicker than first vault fir sure but the grooves have not changed as its still the same tr pattern
DRIVER: PING G LSTec

FAIRWAY WOODS: Taylormade M2 (2016) 3 & 5 Woods

IRONS: Titleist TMB (5-GW)

WEDGES: Titleist Vokey SM6 M grind 54 & 58 deg

PUTTER: Odyssey OWorks Red 7S

19

#20 cmrl1986

cmrl1986

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95163
  • Joined: 09/25/2009
  • Location:Springfield, MO
  • Handicap:0.2
  • Ebay ID:cmrl1986
GolfWRX Likes : 262

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:33 PM

Are there Dale heads more in line with an 009 shape with a trisole? My interest is defintely peaked if so.

PING G400 LST 8.5 w/Fujikura Rombax X stiff
PING Anser 14.5 w/Speeder VC 7.2 X stiff
PING G 19* Hybrid w/Ping Tour 90 stiff
PING iBlades w/ DG S300 4-pw
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/54/62
Piretti 801r Tour Only Stainless Elite

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 andrieddle

andrieddle

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 414694
  • Joined: 03/07/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 259

Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:29 AM

Would love to see the new line ASAP
Callaway XR 16 (10)
Cobra Bio Cell 4W (16)

Cobra Bio Cell 3H (19)
Callaway Apex Pro (4-A)
Callaway MD2 (56/60)

Evnroll ER3

21

#22 lawsonman

lawsonman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 171857
  • Joined: 03/29/2012
  • Location:Freeport, Illinois
  • Handicap:None
  • Ebay ID:pingguy1970
GolfWRX Likes : 3329

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:50 AM

View PostTheRIGERE, on 14 December 2017 - 10:55 PM, said:

View Postcroy0021, on 17 October 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

View PostScotty1140, on 17 October 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

View Postcroy0021, on 17 October 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

After the discussion with a sales rep, here is what I got:
-Precision milled, which will be more of a milled face rather than the original Vault lineup
-Each putter will be available in 3 finishes: platinum, silver mist, and black (these aren't the exact names but are the same finish)
-The Dale and ZB will be put back into the lineup
-A new weighting system is going in as well in the heel and toe, located on the sole. The weights will vary in color dependent on which finish you purchase, but they are interchangeable from 5-20g I believe
-New headcover designs, not that this matters in performance, but they do have some putter covers coming out that are more limited/custom/personalized, which the buyer can choose from

*P.S. I got to hold some of the putters in hand in each finish and the black finish is one of the best finishes I have seen. It has a flatness to it, but still has a good polished look to it. Sorry, no pictures to provide though.
Could you describe the actual head shape? How does it compare to previous Anser models from Ping and some of the more popular dale heads from other makers, like a DH89, 009, etc.
To be accurate, I have a good relationship with this rep so let me check. And yes the grooves are moving more towards a horizontal.

Not sure what you were looking at or your rep but I saw them last week when my rep brought them in. They are slicker than first vault fir sure but the grooves have not changed as it's still the same tr pattern

If that's true, I'm bummed. I want me some nice Ping milling!
Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Callaway Epic/ Stiff Hzrous
Ping Anser 18.5
Taylormade RBZ 19 & 22 Hybrid
Adams V4 #5 hybrid
Ping S56's 6-GW
Ping Piper S Redwood
Callaway MD 56
Snell MTB Black
Ping DLX Bag

22

#23 Sean289

Sean289

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447378
  • Joined: 11/25/2016
  • Location:London, England
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 133

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:00 AM

View Postlawsonman, on 20 December 2017 - 07:50 AM, said:

View PostTheRIGERE, on 14 December 2017 - 10:55 PM, said:

View Postcroy0021, on 17 October 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

View PostScotty1140, on 17 October 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

View Postcroy0021, on 17 October 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

After the discussion with a sales rep, here is what I got:
-Precision milled, which will be more of a milled face rather than the original Vault lineup
-Each putter will be available in 3 finishes: platinum, silver mist, and black (these aren't the exact names but are the same finish)
-The Dale and ZB will be put back into the lineup
-A new weighting system is going in as well in the heel and toe, located on the sole. The weights will vary in color dependent on which finish you purchase, but they are interchangeable from 5-20g I believe
-New headcover designs, not that this matters in performance, but they do have some putter covers coming out that are more limited/custom/personalized, which the buyer can choose from

*P.S. I got to hold some of the putters in hand in each finish and the black finish is one of the best finishes I have seen. It has a flatness to it, but still has a good polished look to it. Sorry, no pictures to provide though.
Could you describe the actual head shape? How does it compare to previous Anser models from Ping and some of the more popular dale heads from other makers, like a DH89, 009, etc.
To be accurate, I have a good relationship with this rep so let me check. And yes the grooves are moving more towards a horizontal.

Not sure what you were looking at or your rep but I saw them last week when my rep brought them in. They are slicker than first vault fir sure but the grooves have not changed as it's still the same tr pattern

If that's true, I'm bummed. I want me some nice Ping milling!

+1 on also being bummed if this is the case. I was hoping the milling on the Dalehead Vault would be like the picture of the prototype above in this thread a few posts back. That milling looks like the milling on the Anser Milled series albeit more than likely a more durable finish.

23

#24 Scotty1140

Scotty1140

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,533 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132137
  • Joined: 07/02/2011
  • Location:M Go Blue
GolfWRX Likes : 2172

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:47 AM

I know I'm being picky, but I really hope the Dalehead looks better than the one pictured above. It has a super thin top line and the shoulders are sloped more in line with the sole rather than being parallel with the top line of the putter. Minor details, but still...

The TR grooves don't necessarily excite me, but I kind of expected them.

Edited by Scotty1140, 20 December 2017 - 10:48 AM.


24

#25 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Habitual Line Stepper

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,638 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 3662

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:55 AM

View Posttrying2scratch, on 07 November 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

I have no clue whether this is close to what will come, but have a sneaky feeling it will be very close to this proto version minus the tungsten weights in the face.  From last year but remembered seeing it, finally tracked them down.  Slightly different lines and shaping then the older Anser milled line.  

This thread needed some pictures anyway so here we go:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image


Source: http://www.golfwrx.c...sible-to-order/
if this putter comes to retail, i'll buy it in whatever finish they have.

M3 460 10.5 / Kuro Kage XD 60TX

M4 3W / GD IZ 7X Tipped 1/2"

P790 3I / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

MP18 MB 4I-PW /  CTaper Lite X

SM7 52 (8), 58 (8)  /  DG S200

MD3 Chrome 64 (8)  /  DG S200

Piretti Tour Custom 801R / 35.5"

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini Black Slant / 35"

TP5x #1 "GIO"


2018 Shaft Shootout:

Even Flow White T1100 75 6.5


25

#26 chromechaser

chromechaser

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 96551
  • Joined: 10/14/2009
  • Ebay ID:chromechaser0
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:49 PM

I'll take that prototype in an anser 2 head...or a b60

Edited by chromechaser, 21 December 2017 - 11:49 PM.


26

#27 cmrl1986

cmrl1986

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95163
  • Joined: 09/25/2009
  • Location:Springfield, MO
  • Handicap:0.2
  • Ebay ID:cmrl1986
GolfWRX Likes : 262

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:37 PM

Anything new on this rumor?
PING G400 LST 8.5 w/Fujikura Rombax X stiff
PING Anser 14.5 w/Speeder VC 7.2 X stiff
PING G 19* Hybrid w/Ping Tour 90 stiff
PING iBlades w/ DG S300 4-pw
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/54/62
Piretti 801r Tour Only Stainless Elite

27

#28 Flogzero

Flogzero

    Member

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490028
  • Joined: 01/02/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:31 PM

It saddens me that many many other makers make a better Dalehead Anser headshape than Ping. If Ping would make a good 009M/MA66/DH89/DD201/KP1/801 fully milled minus the gimcky TR groves they couldn't keep it stocked.

But no we will get a black version of the 2016/17 Vault line and it will be another flop. There is a reason pretty much no one on tour uses TR groves from Ping.

28

#29 UnderPar18

UnderPar18

    Previously Ecsugolf1

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80461
  • Joined: 04/17/2009
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 900

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:52 AM

I asked Ping last year to make me that Dalehead putter and was told no. I tried probably 10x and was never successful. Its sad they wont make a serious putter because they really could put a dent in the putter market if they tried

29

#30 chris975d

chris975d

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,001 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 404098
  • Joined: 11/27/2015
  • Location:Georgia
  • Ebay ID:jscott8307
GolfWRX Likes : 861

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:13 AM

View PostUnderPar18, on 04 January 2018 - 07:52 AM, said:

I asked Ping last year to make me that Dalehead putter and was told no. I tried probably 10x and was never successful. It’s sad they won’t make a serious putter because they really could put a dent in the putter market if they tried

I'm just not sure of that.  As a club retailer/golf course operator myself, I don't see or hear much demand from the overall golf customer base for Anser style putters anymore.  They typically sit on shelves longer than any other style. It's all mallets and high MOI putters that sell with any serious numbers behind them.  Of course we (golf club afficionados/GolfWRX type people) love Anser/Dalehead styled putters, but the average putter buyer can't tell you the difference between an Anser and Anser 2 styled putter off the top of their head, and usually even after looking at them.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors