Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

PING Vault 2.0 Dalehead Anser (2018 Release)


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 chiefgolf

chiefgolf

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 411896
  • Joined: 02/11/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

Caught wind of this putter on a Tour & Pre-Release thread....What exactly do we know about this model?  Obviously asking for photos would be a tall order.....but I'm a tall guy so if you got em, bring enough to share with the whole class. :)

@CHIEFGOLFOFFICIAL (INSTAGRAM)

CLEVELAND HB 10  |  TITLEIST 917 D3  | PING G400 3HY  |  MIZUNO MP-18 SC 5-PW    
VOKEY SM6 52.08 (F)  |  VOKEY SM6 58.12 (K)  |  VICE PRO SOFT PREFERRED BALL

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 m_schroeds

m_schroeds

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 171380
  • Joined: 03/26/2012
  • Location:Madison, WI
  • Handicap:8.4
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:44 AM

I'm most curious about the face milling. I hope they move away from the TR grooves and whatever you call what was on the original Vaults and more towards a traditional milling pattern. Always thought shallow classic milling w/ the Pingman logo stamped on the face under the neck would be really fly...
M1
XCG7 Beta 4w
XCG7 Beta 3h
iE1
SM4 54M, 58S
Redwood Anser

2

#3 phelps22

phelps22

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406
  • Joined: 04/28/2005
  • Location:Cincinnati, Oh
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:42 PM

It is definitely on the sales sheet for early 18 just confirmed it with my local shop. Finish's on the sales sheet were platinum, stealth, and copper. Hopefully it will not be just a PLD 1 putter with the vault name but a true Dalehead.

Edited by phelps22, 12 October 2017 - 03:01 PM.

PXG 0811 10.5*
PXG 0341 15*
Callaway Apex Hybrid 23*
Callaway Apex Pro 16 5, Apex MB 18 6-pw, aw
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 60*
Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M

3

#4 cmb71

cmb71

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,299 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28443
  • Joined: 05/01/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 373

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:03 PM

Gotta follow this one here too... please give us the DH!
PING G400 LST 8.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6
Callaway Epic SZ 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue I/O 70
Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95
PING i200 3-9 - AMT 2.0
PING Glide 2.0 46*SS, 54*ES, 60*ES - AMT 2.0
Odyssey O-Works Black 7S

4

#5 chiefgolf

chiefgolf

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 411896
  • Joined: 02/11/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:49 PM

I've heard that this is a new copper finish they are using on the head as well.  The last PVD finish was mega gold.

@CHIEFGOLFOFFICIAL (INSTAGRAM)

CLEVELAND HB 10  |  TITLEIST 917 D3  | PING G400 3HY  |  MIZUNO MP-18 SC 5-PW    
VOKEY SM6 52.08 (F)  |  VOKEY SM6 58.12 (K)  |  VICE PRO SOFT PREFERRED BALL

5

#6 Scotty1140

Scotty1140

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132137
  • Joined: 07/02/2011
  • Location:M Go Blue
GolfWRX Likes : 1814

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:17 PM

Ping hasn't released a nice looking Dalehead Anser in a loooooooooog time. Most modern Ansers are boxy and too square with thin top lines, with none of the flow and softness of the originals. So many other makers do a much better Anser than Ping IMO.

They were kind of in the right track with the TR1966 Anser but the grooves and the awful gold finish killed it for me.

It would be nice to see Ping deliver on this one.

6

#7 phelps22

phelps22

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406
  • Joined: 04/28/2005
  • Location:Cincinnati, Oh
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:15 PM

Fingers crossed they do a real Dalehead for the Vault line.
PXG 0811 10.5*
PXG 0341 15*
Callaway Apex Hybrid 23*
Callaway Apex Pro 16 5, Apex MB 18 6-pw, aw
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 60*
Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M

7

#8 jtitleist12

jtitleist12

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21919
  • Joined: 11/17/2006
  • Location:Ohio
  • Ebay ID:jtitleist12
GolfWRX Likes : 772

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:10 AM

From the above comments, it's sounding like it will be plated which would be a bummer.  Hoping the "platinum" is just bead blasted stainless but PING also has a history of complicating simple things.

- Josh

8

#9 croy0021

croy0021

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 311861
  • Joined: 04/28/2014
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Handicap:2
  • Ebay ID:croy0021
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:25 PM

After the discussion with a sales rep, here is what I got:
-Precision milled, which will be more of a milled face rather than the original Vault lineup
-Each putter will be available in 3 finishes: platinum, silver mist, and black (these aren't the exact names but are the same finish)
-The Dale and ZB will be put back into the lineup
-A new weighting system is going in as well in the heel and toe, located on the sole. The weights will vary in color dependent on which finish you purchase, but they are interchangeable from 5-20g I believe
-New headcover designs, not that this matters in performance, but they do have some putter covers coming out that are more limited/custom/personalized, which the buyer can choose from

*P.S. I got to hold some of the putters in hand in each finish and the black finish is one of the best finishes I have seen. It has a flatness to it, but still has a good polished look to it. Sorry, no pictures to provide though.

9

#10 Scotty1140

Scotty1140

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132137
  • Joined: 07/02/2011
  • Location:M Go Blue
GolfWRX Likes : 1814

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:29 PM

View Postcroy0021, on 17 October 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

After the discussion with a sales rep, here is what I got:
-Precision milled, which will be more of a milled face rather than the original Vault lineup
-Each putter will be available in 3 finishes: platinum, silver mist, and black (these aren't the exact names but are the same finish)
-The Dale and ZB will be put back into the lineup
-A new weighting system is going in as well in the heel and toe, located on the sole. The weights will vary in color dependent on which finish you purchase, but they are interchangeable from 5-20g I believe
-New headcover designs, not that this matters in performance, but they do have some putter covers coming out that are more limited/custom/personalized, which the buyer can choose from

*P.S. I got to hold some of the putters in hand in each finish and the black finish is one of the best finishes I have seen. It has a flatness to it, but still has a good polished look to it. Sorry, no pictures to provide though.
Could you describe the actual head shape? How does it compare to previous Anser models from Ping and some of the more popular dale heads from other makers, like a DH89, 009, etc.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 nova6868

nova6868

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,892 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140033
  • Joined: 09/27/2011
  • Location:San Antonio, TX
  • Handicap:2.1
  • Ebay ID:nova6868nova
GolfWRX Likes : 1525

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:10 PM

So they are moving away from the TR grooves in the Vault line? Back to the horizontal grooves, or something else?

11

#12 croy0021

croy0021

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 311861
  • Joined: 04/28/2014
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Handicap:2
  • Ebay ID:croy0021
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:23 PM

View PostScotty1140, on 17 October 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

View Postcroy0021, on 17 October 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

After the discussion with a sales rep, here is what I got:
-Precision milled, which will be more of a milled face rather than the original Vault lineup
-Each putter will be available in 3 finishes: platinum, silver mist, and black (these aren't the exact names but are the same finish)
-The Dale and ZB will be put back into the lineup
-A new weighting system is going in as well in the heel and toe, located on the sole. The weights will vary in color dependent on which finish you purchase, but they are interchangeable from 5-20g I believe
-New headcover designs, not that this matters in performance, but they do have some putter covers coming out that are more limited/custom/personalized, which the buyer can choose from

*P.S. I got to hold some of the putters in hand in each finish and the black finish is one of the best finishes I have seen. It has a flatness to it, but still has a good polished look to it. Sorry, no pictures to provide though.
Could you describe the actual head shape? How does it compare to previous Anser models from Ping and some of the more popular dale heads from other makers, like a DH89, 009, etc.
To be accurate, I have a good relationship with this rep so let me check. And yes the grooves are moving more towards a horizontal.

12

#13 chiefgolf

chiefgolf

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 411896
  • Joined: 02/11/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:08 PM

There's gotta be more out there regarding this putter! And new insight?
@CHIEFGOLFOFFICIAL (INSTAGRAM)

CLEVELAND HB 10  |  TITLEIST 917 D3  | PING G400 3HY  |  MIZUNO MP-18 SC 5-PW    
VOKEY SM6 52.08 (F)  |  VOKEY SM6 58.12 (K)  |  VICE PRO SOFT PREFERRED BALL

13

#14 Holy Moses

Holy Moses

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,582 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180764
  • Joined: 05/14/2012
  • Location:Chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 2838

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:38 PM

Price?
Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G30 17* 5W (Diamana D+ 83X)
Ping i20 3 (PXi 6.0), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

14

#15 trying2scratch

trying2scratch

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 203751
  • Joined: 09/19/2012
  • Location:London, ON
GolfWRX Likes : 178

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:24 PM

I have no clue whether this is close to what will come, but have a sneaky feeling it will be very close to this proto version minus the tungsten weights in the face.  From last year but remembered seeing it, finally tracked them down.  Slightly different lines and shaping then the older Anser milled line.  

This thread needed some pictures anyway so here we go:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image


Source: http://www.golfwrx.c...sible-to-order/


15

#16 pingman_24

pingman_24

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52452
  • Joined: 03/28/2008
  • Location:New York
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:32 PM

Not specifically about the dalehead but it looks like the Vault 2.0 range will include Dalehead, Voss, B60, Piper, ZB and Ketsch.
Ping G30 12 SFTec TFC 419D
Ping G400 7 Wood 20.5 @ 19.9 Alta CB
Ping G400 9 Wood 23.5 Alta CB
Ping G 26 & 30 hybrid Alta 70
Ping G irons 7-LW TT XP95
Ping Tour-S 64 TT XP95
Ping Craz-e One 34 inch

16

#17 chiefgolf

chiefgolf

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 411896
  • Joined: 02/11/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:34 PM

Great looking photos! Any ideas when we might start seeing photos of the Vault 2.0 Dalehead Anser?  Unsure of Ping's release cycle when it comes to putters.
@CHIEFGOLFOFFICIAL (INSTAGRAM)

CLEVELAND HB 10  |  TITLEIST 917 D3  | PING G400 3HY  |  MIZUNO MP-18 SC 5-PW    
VOKEY SM6 52.08 (F)  |  VOKEY SM6 58.12 (K)  |  VICE PRO SOFT PREFERRED BALL

17

#18 phelps22

phelps22

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406
  • Joined: 04/28/2005
  • Location:Cincinnati, Oh
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:09 PM

I know they are scheduled for February release. My local shop has an order in for them and they said the dalehead definitely has an old school anser look to it.
PXG 0811 10.5*
PXG 0341 15*
Callaway Apex Hybrid 23*
Callaway Apex Pro 16 5, Apex MB 18 6-pw, aw
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 60*
Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M

18

#19 TheRIGERE

TheRIGERE

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 435502
  • Joined: 08/05/2016
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:2.0
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:55 PM

View Postcroy0021, on 17 October 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

View PostScotty1140, on 17 October 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

View Postcroy0021, on 17 October 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

After the discussion with a sales rep, here is what I got:
-Precision milled, which will be more of a milled face rather than the original Vault lineup
-Each putter will be available in 3 finishes: platinum, silver mist, and black (these aren't the exact names but are the same finish)
-The Dale and ZB will be put back into the lineup
-A new weighting system is going in as well in the heel and toe, located on the sole. The weights will vary in color dependent on which finish you purchase, but they are interchangeable from 5-20g I believe
-New headcover designs, not that this matters in performance, but they do have some putter covers coming out that are more limited/custom/personalized, which the buyer can choose from

*P.S. I got to hold some of the putters in hand in each finish and the black finish is one of the best finishes I have seen. It has a flatness to it, but still has a good polished look to it. Sorry, no pictures to provide though.
Could you describe the actual head shape? How does it compare to previous Anser models from Ping and some of the more popular dale heads from other makers, like a DH89, 009, etc.
To be accurate, I have a good relationship with this rep so let me check. And yes the grooves are moving more towards a horizontal.

Not sure what you were looking at or your rep but I saw them last week when my rep brought them in. They are slicker than first vault fir sure but the grooves have not changed as its still the same tr pattern
DRIVER: PING G LSTec

FAIRWAY WOODS: Taylormade M2 (2016) 3 & 5 Woods

IRONS: Titleist TMB (5-GW)

WEDGES: Titleist Vokey SM6 M grind 54 & 58 deg

PUTTER: Taylormade Spider Tour Platinum

19

#20 cmrl1986

cmrl1986

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95163
  • Joined: 09/25/2009
  • Location:Springfield, MO
  • Handicap:0.2
  • Ebay ID:cmrl1986
GolfWRX Likes : 227

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:33 PM

Are there Dale heads more in line with an 009 shape with a trisole? My interest is defintely peaked if so.

PING G 9.0* w/Tour Ad-BB 6X
PING Anser 14.5* w/Motore x stiff
PING iBlades w/ DG S300 3-pw
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/54/58
Odyssey Lucky 777ch @ 34"
Bettinardi Tour BBzero @34"
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 @ 34"

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors