Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 2 votes

Tiger Woods WITB 2017


530 replies to this topic

#61 Mustng5

Mustng5

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 84916
  • Joined: 06/07/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 110

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:59 AM

 ssfranny, on 10 October 2017 - 10:01 PM, said:

unreal to see CBs in his bag and the old Tour Preferred irons.


Different 2 irons


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 J13

J13

    60% of the time, every time.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 12,514 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76984
  • Joined: 03/08/2009
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:+1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 5234

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:59 AM

 maxfli985, on 11 October 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

Tiger won't switch clubs until he's worn the faces down on a demo set of irons from TM.  I'm sure these are just old Nike blades he has leftover.  IF he plays professionally again, you'd have to assume he will be using all TM by that point.

Tiger will be using whatever he wants to use.  He probably has a Woods only deal.
Ping G400 LST 8.5* / Mitsu Kuro Kage Dual Core XT 70TX
Callaway 3Deep 14.5 Xphlexxx Agera 82g RF Proto
Taylormade UDI 2 iron (UST Proforce V2)
Srixon 745's 4-PW (Modus Tour 120 TX)
Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 Modus3 125 wedge shaft
Odyssey White Hot Versa #6

WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

2

#63 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***FIGJAM = Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,355 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 2749

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:00 AM

 maxfli985, on 11 October 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

Tiger won't switch clubs until he's worn the faces down on a demo set of irons from TM.  I'm sure these are just old Nike blades he has leftover.  IF he plays professionally again, you'd have to assume he will be using all TM by that point.

When he plays professionally again:)

3

#64 Lacey Underall

Lacey Underall

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 217605
  • Joined: 12/25/2012
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
  • Ebay ID:dcw3672
GolfWRX Likes : 536

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:16 AM

Honestly, they couldn't just build him a set of the new blades and put "Tiger Proto" on it?  I'm sorry but this is just one of several reasons why this guy is hard to like.  Rory said in that recent podcast "I really don't want to mess with all of that prototype stuff.  I don't need something made especially for me.  Just give me something that works and I'll play it."  Well said.

Edited by Lacey Underall, 11 October 2017 - 10:29 AM.

2017 WITB
Driver:  Callaway FT Tour 10.5* - Aldila NV 75x
3 Wood:  V-Steel 15* - Purple Ice 85x
2-PW:   Callaway X-Prototype MBs - Project X 6.5 flighted
52* Wedge:   Callaway MD2 Slate S Grind
58* Wedge:   Callaway MD2 Slate S Grind
Putter:   Odyssey Sabertooth White Ice

4

#65 Bomber_

Bomber_

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,366 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:+1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 2945

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:41 AM

 TheMoneyShot, on 11 October 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

 skia4life89, on 11 October 2017 - 07:15 AM, said:

I am not really sure of the details on Tiger and Taylormade's contract, but if I was them I would be a little annoyed.  Just use the 730's and the milled grind wedges and get used to them.  Clearly re branded Nike irons and using old Nike wedges.

Agreed.  I wonder if this could be a indication that TW and TM are parting ways in the future?

I get what you guys are saying - but for a TGR Ventures public appearance talking to a crowd and hitting some high fades, he doesn't exactly need to have a fully structured TM bag. If he was entering a tournament tomorrow, then perhaps.

But I'm sure Taylormade and Tiger both know there's still plenty of time to design the TW Proto Blades before he's ready for tournament golf..

Not to mention no one here knows the structure of his TM contract, although in his press release he stated he'd be working closely w/ TM engineers to produce the clubs he wants to play. We can all agree it's for a maximum of 13 clubs.

That being said, there's not a doubt in my mind those are one-off irons made at the Oven to the exact specifications of his Nike VR Pro blades. I don't blame him....he played those blades very well (even at the tourney in Bahamas) during his miniature comeback. If he hits them well and TM doesn't have anything for him yet, of course those are in the bag.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Graphite Design AD TP 7X
Taylormade M2 T3 13* w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX
Taylormade P790 UDI 2i w/ Tensei Pro White 100HY
Mizuno JPX900 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/55/60 w/ DG Tour Issue S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
Taylormade TP5
Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

Work. Play. Win. Repeat.

5

#66 cvhookem63

cvhookem63

    HOOK 'EM

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,027 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 307989
  • Joined: 04/11/2014
  • Location:East Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 2984

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:42 AM

 Lacey Underall, on 11 October 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

Honestly, they couldn't just build him a set of the new blades and put "Tiger Proto" on it?  I'm sorry but this is just one of several reasons why this guy is just hard to like.  Rory said in that recent podcast "I really don't want to mess with all of that prototype stuff.  I don't need something made especially for me.  Just give me something that works and I'll play it."  Well said.

You must not have been following Tiger's equipment very closely then. This is not new. Everything he had from Nike was custom built just for him (lower cc head driver with glued hosel and irons made specifically for him) and it took A LOT to get him to switch to any type of new equipment. He's hardly the only Tour player that treats his equipment this way either. How much custom Callaway equipment has Phil had made specifically for him over the years?
WITB Link
TaylorMade 2017 M1 9.5* Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 8X
NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
NIKE Vapor Pro Combo 5-9 Project X 6.5
NIKE OVEN Engage 46*SS TI X100 | 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
NIKE OVEN Origin B2-05 Long Slant | Scotty Cameron SB
Posted Image Posted Image

6

#67 Bomber_

Bomber_

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,366 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:+1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 2945

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:44 AM

 cvhookem63, on 11 October 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

 Lacey Underall, on 11 October 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

Honestly, they couldn't just build him a set of the new blades and put "Tiger Proto" on it?  I'm sorry but this is just one of several reasons why this guy is just hard to like.  Rory said in that recent podcast "I really don't want to mess with all of that prototype stuff.  I don't need something made especially for me.  Just give me something that works and I'll play it."  Well said.

You must not have been following Tiger's equipment very closely then. This is not new. Everything he had from Nike was custom built just for him (lower cc head driver with glued hosel and irons made specifically for him) and it took A LOT to get him to switch to any type of new equipment. He's hardly the only Tour player that treats his equipment this way either. How much custom Callaway equipment has Phil had made specifically for him over the years?

But Tiger is "hard to like", so additional scrutiny needs to be applied.
Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Graphite Design AD TP 7X
Taylormade M2 T3 13* w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX
Taylormade P790 UDI 2i w/ Tensei Pro White 100HY
Mizuno JPX900 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/55/60 w/ DG Tour Issue S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
Taylormade TP5
Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

Work. Play. Win. Repeat.

7

#68 fillwelix

fillwelix

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 249866
  • Joined: 05/10/2013
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Handicap:7.5
GolfWRX Likes : 163

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:06 AM

I, for one, don't care what he plays, as long as he's walking up 18 late on sunday at augusta.
WITB
Taylormade M1 2016 9.5*
Taylormade M2 2016 3HL
Taylormade M2 2017 3 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM6 50* 54* 58*
Byron Morgan DH89

8

#69 swgolf12

swgolf12

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140687
  • Joined: 10/01/2011
  • Ebay ID:officialgolfguru
GolfWRX Likes : 185

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:16 AM

 maxfli985, on 11 October 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

Tiger won't switch clubs until he's worn the faces down on a demo set of irons from TM. I'm sure these are just old Nike blades he has leftover. IF he plays professionally again, you'd have to assume he will be using all TM by that point.

IF he plays professionally again I'd assume he'd use whatever clubs he felt most comfortable with regardless of brand. Dude has enough money, he wants to win.  He's not going back out on tour to bag 14 TM clubs and make a few mil a season in endorsements...
2016 M2 9.5* Kiyoshi Black 75
X-Hot 3 Deep Ozik 8M2
Vapor Fly Pro 3 Aldila RIP 115 Tour
Vapor Fly Pro 4 TT X7
Yururi Flat Back 2010 5-9 C-Taper Prototype
SM5 47 Ported Tour Issue S400
SSC Don White Grind 53/58 (On the way)
PM Grind 64 Black Onyx S400
Studio Design 1.5 Circle T

9

#70 BottleCap

BottleCap

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132067
  • Joined: 06/30/2011
  • Location:SoCal
GolfWRX Likes : 227

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:22 AM

 Bomber_11, on 10 October 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

 Gnomesteel, on 10 October 2017 - 10:30 PM, said:

 mhales10, on 10 October 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

Would not be surprised if those irons (with TGR on them) are made by Mike Taylor and his new company.

Cant see TaylorMade not stamping their name all over the irons if they are indeed TM irons.

Tiger trusts MT and it wouldnt be far fetched if he is still working with him until TM can come up with something similar to his exacting standards.

My thoughts as well.

Does anyone know what Taylor is up to? I was super impressed by his work when I visited The Oven. Clearly one of the best talents out there.

https://www.facebook.../artisangolftx/

Anyone know how much a set of the Artisan Golf "Nike Blades" cost?

Titleist 915 D3 10.5 Kuro Kage XM 60 S
Titleist 915F 15 Fubuki J 70 S
Titleist 714 MB 3-PW DG S300
Vokey SM6 54S and 60K
Cameron Newport 2 CT

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 Lacey Underall

Lacey Underall

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 217605
  • Joined: 12/25/2012
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
  • Ebay ID:dcw3672
GolfWRX Likes : 536

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:29 AM

He did the same thing at Nike, doesn't that kind of back up my point?  Sure they eventually released the TW Blades at Nike and I guess they did moderately well.  My bet is that these TGR irons never get released.  The TM reps have to want their guys playing something that at least resembles retail.  So he's not playing their irons, not playing the ball.........I guess the woods and wedges are enough?

No doubt Phil gets a little crazy with his equipment.  But if you look at his bag besides the putter he is playing stock Callaway heads......with maybe just a touch of lead tape thrown in there at times.  :)  You could say the PM wedge was Phil being a diva but they released it at retail and it has done quite well.

Look Tiger is the GOAT, you need an ego to be that good, and I guess he has earned the right to be demanding.  But to me it screams "I'm so good that I need something different from everyone else.  Nobody makes anything good enough for me."  That's just how I read it.
2017 WITB
Driver:  Callaway FT Tour 10.5* - Aldila NV 75x
3 Wood:  V-Steel 15* - Purple Ice 85x
2-PW:   Callaway X-Prototype MBs - Project X 6.5 flighted
52* Wedge:   Callaway MD2 Slate S Grind
58* Wedge:   Callaway MD2 Slate S Grind
Putter:   Odyssey Sabertooth White Ice

11

#72 Holy Moses

Holy Moses

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,581 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180764
  • Joined: 05/14/2012
  • Location:Chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 2837

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:47 AM

 J13, on 11 October 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

 maxfli985, on 11 October 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

Tiger won't switch clubs until he's worn the faces down on a demo set of irons from TM.  I'm sure these are just old Nike blades he has leftover.  IF he plays professionally again, you'd have to assume he will be using all TM by that point.

Tiger will be using whatever he wants to use.  He probably has a Woods only deal.

Maybe the deal has changed, but originally it was woods, irons, and wedges
Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G30 17* 5W (Diamana D+ 83X)
Ping i20 3 (PXi 6.0), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

12

#73 Holy Moses

Holy Moses

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,581 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180764
  • Joined: 05/14/2012
  • Location:Chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 2837

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:50 AM

Tiger has just started swinging since the most recent surgery. Just playing what heís used to until he gets time to test TM irons. TM doesnít want Tiger using promoting anything Nike in clubs, so he just had the backups done with TGR. Canít think of a more likely scenario.
Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G30 17* 5W (Diamana D+ 83X)
Ping i20 3 (PXi 6.0), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

13

#74 cvhookem63

cvhookem63

    HOOK 'EM

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,027 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 307989
  • Joined: 04/11/2014
  • Location:East Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 2984

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:57 AM

 Holy Moses, on 11 October 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

Tiger has just started swinging since the most recent surgery. Just playing what he's used to until he gets time to test TM irons. TM doesn't want Tiger using promoting anything Nike in clubs, so he just had the backups done with TGR. Can't think of a more likely scenario.

Agree with everything here. And that is why the original photos of his bag were taken from an angle where all you could see was the faces. I doubt Tiger or TM wanted the detailed photos released, but here we are.
WITB Link
TaylorMade 2017 M1 9.5* Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 8X
NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
NIKE Vapor Pro Combo 5-9 Project X 6.5
NIKE OVEN Engage 46*SS TI X100 | 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
NIKE OVEN Origin B2-05 Long Slant | Scotty Cameron SB
Posted Image Posted Image

14

#75 Gnomesteel

Gnomesteel

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 302171
  • Joined: 03/17/2014
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:1.3
GolfWRX Likes : 366

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:01 AM

 Lacey Underall, on 11 October 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

Honestly, they couldn't just build him a set of the new blades and put "Tiger Proto" on it?  I'm sorry but this is just one of several reasons why this guy is hard to like.  Rory said in that recent podcast "I really don't want to mess with all of that prototype stuff.  I don't need something made especially for me.  Just give me something that works and I'll play it."  Well said.

Why are you surprised that he's picky about his clubs? I'm a recreational golfer that only competes in our club championship and I'm picky about my clubs. Heck, if I had his money all I'd do is buy new clubs and play golf.


15

#76 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***FIGJAM = Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,355 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 2749

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:28 AM

 fillwelix, on 11 October 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

I, for one, don't care what he plays, as long as he's walking up 18 late on sunday at augusta.

Bingo!

16

#77 bladehunter

bladehunter

    Cubs win ! Cubs win!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,800 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 12125

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:35 AM

 Lacey Underall, on 11 October 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

He did the same thing at Nike, doesn't that kind of back up my point?  Sure they eventually released the TW Blades at Nike and I guess they did moderately well.  My bet is that these TGR irons never get released.  The TM reps have to want their guys playing something that at least resembles retail.  So he's not playing their irons, not playing the ball.........I guess the woods and wedges are enough?

No doubt Phil gets a little crazy with his equipment.  But if you look at his bag besides the putter he is playing stock Callaway heads......with maybe just a touch of lead tape thrown in there at times.  :)  You could say the PM wedge was Phil being a diva but they released it at retail and it has done quite well.

Look Tiger is the GOAT, you need an ego to be that good, and I guess he has earned the right to be demanding.  But to me it screams "I'm so good that I need something different from everyone else.  Nobody makes anything good enough for me."  That's just how I read it.

Preface this by saying.   Youre a good egg.  Lol.  And I don't mean to argue.   But I think off base here.  

Tiger has always had clubs made to his specs.  Why on earth would he play an iron to Rory's specs?  

Now this is pure speculation but I bet that mr Taylor is working on him a set of TM blades.  Some that suit the new look but Tigers wants.  The Nike set is likely a standin that MT was able to put together and for kicks logo with Tigers company  to give him a non Nike badged  set to play in the meantime.  


This is not new stuff. Many many tour guys have customs made irons that mimick the retail irons in looks. But are much different in form and function.  I own two sets like that.  Both titleist blades.  Both well camoflouged but both way different than their retail cousins.  Set I play is 680 with offset bent out and more beef on topline , sole and muscle pad.  A really heavy head.  Hold them beside a retail 680 and it's very apparent they aren't the same. Yet on tv you couldn't tell.  This goes on with CB irons and GI too.  You just can't tell on tv.

Edited by bladehunter, 11 October 2017 - 11:36 AM.

17 M2 V2 8  tour head  Aldila Tour Blue 85 TX  (Tour only Rogue Graphics)
17 M1 14.5   tour head Graphite Design   AD DI 8X
17 M2 17.5   tour head Aerotech 70 F6 Prototype
Vega VDC-01 Raw Handground 3-pw Modus 130X
Vega VW-02 Raw  56 60 Modus 130S
009 GSS 1.5  , Beached, tungsten sole weights
Bridgestone B330S

17

#78 bladehunter

bladehunter

    Cubs win ! Cubs win!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,800 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 12125

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:41 AM

 BottleCap, on 11 October 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

 Bomber_11, on 10 October 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

 Gnomesteel, on 10 October 2017 - 10:30 PM, said:

 mhales10, on 10 October 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

Would not be surprised if those irons (with TGR on them) are made by Mike Taylor and his new company.

Cant see TaylorMade not stamping their name all over the irons if they are indeed TM irons.

Tiger trusts MT and it wouldnt be far fetched if he is still working with him until TM can come up with something similar to his exacting standards.

My thoughts as well.

Does anyone know what Taylor is up to? I was super impressed by his work when I visited The Oven. Clearly one of the best talents out there.

https://www.facebook.../artisangolftx/

Anyone know how much a set of the Artisan Golf "Nike Blades" cost?


Back of the line bub!  

Seriously.  Don't know.   Yet.
17 M2 V2 8  tour head  Aldila Tour Blue 85 TX  (Tour only Rogue Graphics)
17 M1 14.5   tour head Graphite Design   AD DI 8X
17 M2 17.5   tour head Aerotech 70 F6 Prototype
Vega VDC-01 Raw Handground 3-pw Modus 130X
Vega VW-02 Raw  56 60 Modus 130S
009 GSS 1.5  , Beached, tungsten sole weights
Bridgestone B330S

18

#79 grm24

grm24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
  • Location:Western PA
GolfWRX Likes : 1019

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:51 AM

 Lacey Underall, on 11 October 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

Rory said in that recent podcast "I really don't want to mess with all of that prototype stuff.  I don't need something made especially for me.  Just give me something that works and I'll play it."  
That sounds great in theory but both Callaway and TM made sets especially for him.

19

#80 BigVolGolfFan

BigVolGolfFan

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52407
  • Joined: 03/28/2008
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:52 AM

I just wonder how long we will drool over what Tiger is playing.  I have grown up in the Tiger era, but I am really wondering when he will no longer be relevant to competitive golf and equipment.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 grm24

grm24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
  • Location:Western PA
GolfWRX Likes : 1019

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:54 AM

View PostLacey Underall, on 11 October 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

Look Tiger is the GOAT, you need an ego to be that good, and I guess he has earned the right to be demanding.  But to me it screams "I'm so good that I need something different from everyone else.  Nobody makes anything good enough for me."  That's just how I read it.
You're right. I mean Phil would never ever had Titleist make the 731PM irons just for him. Wait what?  ;)

ETA: Callaway has also made clubs just for Phil. Phrankenwood, that scooped out hybrid, wedges, etc.

Edited by grm24, 11 October 2017 - 12:01 PM.


21

#82 bladehunter

bladehunter

    Cubs win ! Cubs win!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,800 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 12125

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:00 PM

View Postgrm24, on 11 October 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

View PostLacey Underall, on 11 October 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

Look Tiger is the GOAT, you need an ego to be that good, and I guess he has earned the right to be demanding.  But to me it screams "I'm so good that I need something different from everyone else.  Nobody makes anything good enough for me."  That's just how I read it.
You're right. I mean Phil would never ever had Titleist make the 731PM irons just for him. Wait what?  ;)
Irvthe phrankenwood or the pm grind wedge ( which did eventually come to retail ) .... epic subzero 440 driver , a slew of odyssey blades you can't buy , a white black whote versa 9 with a shaft and a half of offset with a sight line and a current model face insert  ( also can't buy) , kbs 125x shafts ( can't buy) hybrid metal /plastic spikes , heck.  Even has his own golf ball.
17 M2 V2 8  tour head  Aldila Tour Blue 85 TX  (Tour only Rogue Graphics)
17 M1 14.5   tour head Graphite Design   AD DI 8X
17 M2 17.5   tour head Aerotech 70 F6 Prototype
Vega VDC-01 Raw Handground 3-pw Modus 130X
Vega VW-02 Raw  56 60 Modus 130S
009 GSS 1.5  , Beached, tungsten sole weights
Bridgestone B330S

22

#83 ago33

ago33

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117034
  • Joined: 11/04/2010
  • Ebay ID:svenanole
GolfWRX Likes : 513

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:14 PM

View Postbladehunter, on 11 October 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

View Postgrm24, on 11 October 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

View PostLacey Underall, on 11 October 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

Look Tiger is the GOAT, you need an ego to be that good, and I guess he has earned the right to be demanding.  But to me it screams "I'm so good that I need something different from everyone else.  Nobody makes anything good enough for me."  That's just how I read it.
You're right. I mean Phil would never ever had Titleist make the 731PM irons just for him. Wait what?  ;)
Irvthe phrankenwood or the pm grind wedge ( which did eventually come to retail ) .... epic subzero 440 driver , a slew of odyssey blades you can't buy , a white black whote versa 9 with a shaft and a half of offset with a sight line and a current model face insert  ( also can't buy) , kbs 125x shafts ( can't buy) hybrid metal /plastic spikes , heck.  Even has his own golf ball.

And when it’s all custom made, enough lead tape to give the entire state of California cancer
-----Current Gamers-----

Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9............................Kubuki J 70 X
Callaway Epic Sub Zero 13.5.......................Kubuki J 80 X
Adams DHY 18...........................................Fuji 904HB X
Callaway Apex CF16...................................Project X 6.5
Vokey SM4 46, 50, 56, 62...........................KBS 610 125
Odyssey Works #7 CH................................GP SNSR

23

#84 MJC4

MJC4

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 392054
  • Joined: 08/19/2015
  • Location:Boston
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:15 PM

View PostNeed4spd, on 10 October 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

View PostCStephenson17, on 10 October 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

View PostNeed4spd, on 10 October 2017 - 08:54 PM, said:

View PostCStephenson17, on 10 October 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

View PostNeed4spd, on 10 October 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

What the heck does TGR stand for anyway?

Miura


Hahah just kidding. It’s his investment group he started earlier this year.

I know that, but what does the acronym actually stand for?

I think it’s just Tiger without the i e to make it sound cool

I have no imagination.

As mentioned, he went with "Tiger" without the vowels. That turned out a lot better than if he went with his last name without the vowels, WDs...

24

#85 DRRicks

DRRicks

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43733
  • Joined: 12/11/2007
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 682

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:17 PM

View Postbladehunter, on 11 October 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

View Postgrm24, on 11 October 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

View PostLacey Underall, on 11 October 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

Look Tiger is the GOAT, you need an ego to be that good, and I guess he has earned the right to be demanding.  But to me it screams "I'm so good that I need something different from everyone else.  Nobody makes anything good enough for me."  That's just how I read it.
You're right. I mean Phil would never ever had Titleist make the 731PM irons just for him. Wait what?  ;)
Irvthe phrankenwood or the pm grind wedge ( which did eventually come to retail ) .... epic subzero 440 driver , a slew of odyssey blades you can't buy , a white black whote versa 9 with a shaft and a half of offset with a sight line and a current model face insert  ( also can't buy) , kbs 125x shafts ( can't buy) hybrid metal /plastic spikes , heck.  Even has his own golf ball.

Don't forget the special molds for his NDMCs!

Driver: Titleist 917 D2, 10.5*. Aldila 2KXV Blue
3Wood: Titleist 917F, 15*. Diamana Blueboard Ltd. 70
3 Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2, 21*. Graphite Design AD-DI 95
3 Iron: Titleist 718 TMB, Graphite Design AD-DI 95 Driving Iron Shaft
4 Iron: Titleist 718 TMB, Nippon Modus Tour 120
5-PW: Titleist 718 AP2, Nippon Modus Tour 120
GW: Open
SW: Open
LW: Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw, 60.04, Modus Tour 120
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 5W
Ball: Titleist Pro V1

25

#86 justasgood

justasgood

    Without Tempo, you are just a hacker.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212517
  • Joined: 11/22/2012
  • Location:Covington country club, Mandeville Louisiana
  • Handicap:I.Q.
  • Ebay ID:klccsam
GolfWRX Likes : 1463

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

View PostMaitriMike, on 11 October 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

Those are definitely VRPro II Iron's. I have a set of 3-PW, Satin Finish sitting in my spare bag at the moment. Gosh I love those irons but no one knows why I gamed it for so long when I shouldn't have been. Does anyone want them? LOL

Sure, I'll take em

26

#87 dan250yds

dan250yds

    Mayor9312

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64799
  • Joined: 09/02/2008
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 83

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:59 PM

Is this a new Tiger logo as well potentially? TGR with those three lines to portray a tiger claw?
Driver: TM R5 TP 9.5* w/Fubuki Tour 63g X flex
3 Wood: R7 TP 15* w/Diamana BB 83g X flex
Driving Iron: Adams DHY 18* (optional) & 20* Matrix White Tie X Flex
Irons: TaylorMade MC (2011) 4-PW Project X 6.5
Wedges: Cally X Jaws 52*, MacDaddy 2 56* & 60*
Putter: Scotty Cameron GoLo
Bag: Titelst StaDry

27

#88 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***FIGJAM = Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,355 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 2749

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:00 PM

View Postdan250yds, on 11 October 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

Is this a new Tiger logo as well potentially? TGR with those three lines to portray a tiger claw?

Could be.  Thatís his new company logo but I donít think it will transition over to his nike apparel.

Edited by TheMoneyShot, 11 October 2017 - 01:01 PM.


28

#89 dan250yds

dan250yds

    Mayor9312

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64799
  • Joined: 09/02/2008
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 83

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:07 PM

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 11 October 2017 - 01:00 PM, said:

View Postdan250yds, on 11 October 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

Is this a new Tiger logo as well potentially? TGR with those three lines to portray a tiger claw?

Could be.  That's his new company logo but I don't think it will transition over to his nike apparel.

Cool, thanks for the intel there sir!
Driver: TM R5 TP 9.5* w/Fubuki Tour 63g X flex
3 Wood: R7 TP 15* w/Diamana BB 83g X flex
Driving Iron: Adams DHY 18* (optional) & 20* Matrix White Tie X Flex
Irons: TaylorMade MC (2011) 4-PW Project X 6.5
Wedges: Cally X Jaws 52*, MacDaddy 2 56* & 60*
Putter: Scotty Cameron GoLo
Bag: Titelst StaDry

29

#90 Cwebb

Cwebb

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21353
  • Joined: 11/04/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 1163

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:15 PM

Random question.....does anyone know whether or not the steel shafts that he used in his driver and 3 wood back in the day, were "standard"  DG wood shafts.....or were they a prototype made for his custom bore throughs?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users


    starsail85

GolfWRX Sponsors