Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Arizona or Florida? Which is better for golf?

GOLF FLORIDA PGA

44 replies to this topic

#31 Timothy68

Timothy68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483968
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:43 PM

View Postxoted, on 10 October 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

I live in virginia.
Give me dry and over 100 over high 80s (or worse) and 100% humidity every day of the week

Dry heat you can sit in the shade and drink a beer and be comfortable

This humid nonsense we have, you can't sit on a porch with a fan and a beer and be comfortable. It's awful

Cool

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 az2au

az2au

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185434
  • Handicap:3.6
GolfWRX Likes : 466

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:28 AM

I’ve lived in both. I found FL to resemble what I would envision to be hades. There is no f’ing escape from the humidity in the summer. AZ is a pleasure in comparison, even at 117*.

#33 Timothy68

Timothy68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:30 AM

I was told to post my article here, I wrote this up 1 week ago from the Safeway Open for my Draftkings. I was told to post it here for $100.00, saving up.

This weekend, the PGA Tour kicks off it's schedule for the 2017-2018 wraparound season at the Silverado CC in the famed Napa Valley. This tournament will be coming right off of the heels of the 2017 Presidents cup, which the U.S.A. easily won. Most of the Presidents cup field will not be present, except for Mickelson, who looks to capitalize on a thrilling Presidents cup run. Lots of choices in a field 0f 144 this week, but picking a lineup is going to be a tricky one, especially with some newcomers and some uncertain players. I fortunately have done research and statistical research on your behalf.

I hope the best for you and your fantasy team, but I am going to influence you with these undeniable players to pick, based off of stats and recent performance.

For your top players, you have honestly 2 guys in a higher price range. I would take Kevin Na, in his last 4 starts on the PGA he has a combined score of -31 and ranks 34th in birdies per round. 2nd would be Brendan Steele, the reigning winner of the tournament as well. He ranks 32nd in birdies per round. You might also go with Zach Johnson, with a last 4 games combined score of -14 and 98th on the birdies per round list. Ryan Moore is also a good call with his last 4 game score combined at -15 and 97th on the birdies per round list.

Ollie Schneiderjans has a 4 game combined score of -19 and 37th on the birdie list. You also have Harold Varner III, who has a 4 game combined score of -10 and 98th on the birdies per round. You could also go with a guy like Chad Campbell, who has a combined 4 round score of -19 and is 138th on the birdie per round list. Another pick to go with is Smylie Kaufman. He has an impressive 4 round score of -27 and 78th on the birdie per round list.

Finally, to go with less expensive players, it might be the way you are going to have a winning lineup this tournament. These 4 players are very noteworthy and a few of them considered dark horses. We have Peter Malnati, very cheap play, but has a 4 round combined score of -34 under and is 106th on the (bpr) list. Next we have Martin Flores. In his last 4 PGA starts he has a combined Total of -27 and is 137th on the BPR list. Robert Garrigus boast such a stellar record, the best by far here with a combined 4 game score of -35 and 14th on the Birdies per round list. Finally you could go with a guy like Rory Sabbatini. He scored last 4 round total score of -30 and is 29th in the most birdies per round category.

With this information, my only hope is that you can concoct some kind of a lineup that will give you the boost you need for your fantasy team. Comparatively to the field, these player stats are golden. The best players are not playing this week, such as Thomas or Spieth. I believe these plays would be worth the effort for you and I certainly will be rooting for them.

The Golf Channel will have coverage of the tournament and can be heard on Xmradio, channel 90. This should be a pretty competitive tournament and the eventual winner will have to have consistency to win the big prize come Sunday. Let's go get the W guys!

#34 krtgolfing

krtgolfing

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430202
  • Handicap:5.9
GolfWRX Likes : 201

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:34 AM

View PostTimothy68, on 11 October 2017 - 06:30 AM, said:

I was told to post my article here, I wrote this up 1 week ago from the Safeway Open for my Draftkings. I was told to post it here for $100.00, saving up.

This weekend, the PGA Tour kicks off it's schedule for the 2017-2018 wraparound season at the Silverado CC in the famed Napa Valley. This tournament will be coming right off of the heels of the 2017 Presidents cup, which the U.S.A. easily won. Most of the Presidents cup field will not be present, except for Mickelson, who looks to capitalize on a thrilling Presidents cup run. Lots of choices in a field 0f 144 this week, but picking a lineup is going to be a tricky one, especially with some newcomers and some uncertain players. I fortunately have done research and statistical research on your behalf.

I hope the best for you and your fantasy team, but I am going to influence you with these undeniable players to pick, based off of stats and recent performance.

For your top players, you have honestly 2 guys in a higher price range. I would take Kevin Na, in his last 4 starts on the PGA he has a combined score of -31 and ranks 34th in birdies per round. 2nd would be Brendan Steele, the reigning winner of the tournament as well. He ranks 32nd in birdies per round. You might also go with Zach Johnson, with a last 4 games combined score of -14 and 98th on the birdies per round list. Ryan Moore is also a good call with his last 4 game score combined at -15 and 97th on the birdies per round list.

Ollie Schneiderjans has a 4 game combined score of -19 and 37th on the birdie list. You also have Harold Varner III, who has a 4 game combined score of -10 and 98th on the birdies per round. You could also go with a guy like Chad Campbell, who has a combined 4 round score of -19 and is 138th on the birdie per round list. Another pick to go with is Smylie Kaufman. He has an impressive 4 round score of -27 and 78th on the birdie per round list.

Finally, to go with less expensive players, it might be the way you are going to have a winning lineup this tournament. These 4 players are very noteworthy and a few of them considered dark horses. We have Peter Malnati, very cheap play, but has a 4 round combined score of -34 under and is 106th on the (bpr) list. Next we have Martin Flores. In his last 4 PGA starts he has a combined Total of -27 and is 137th on the BPR list. Robert Garrigus boast such a stellar record, the best by far here with a combined 4 game score of -35 and 14th on the Birdies per round list. Finally you could go with a guy like Rory Sabbatini. He scored last 4 round total score of -30 and is 29th in the most birdies per round category.

With this information, my only hope is that you can concoct some kind of a lineup that will give you the boost you need for your fantasy team. Comparatively to the field, these player stats are golden. The best players are not playing this week, such as Thomas or Spieth. I believe these plays would be worth the effort for you and I certainly will be rooting for them.

The Golf Channel will have coverage of the tournament and can be heard on Xmradio, channel 90. This should be a pretty competitive tournament and the eventual winner will have to have consistency to win the big prize come Sunday. Let's go get the W guys!

Pretty sure the person was joking about giving you 100 dollars.
Taylor Made M2 Driver
Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
Spider Tour Red

#35 Timothy68

Timothy68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:29 AM

View Postkrtgolfing, on 11 October 2017 - 06:34 AM, said:

He was joking? I am trying to be serious.

#36 vallygolf

vallygolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366851
GolfWRX Likes : 74

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:18 AM

View PostTimothy68, on 11 October 2017 - 07:29 AM, said:

View Postkrtgolfing, on 11 October 2017 - 06:34 AM, said:

He was joking? I am trying to be serious.

Plan 1.
Get a  sales job close to family where you work weekends but have a couple weekdays off, familiarize yourself with the game of golf, and focus those off days off on improving your game.

Plan 2.
Choose golf as a hobby and go to college to find a career (Assuming you have not)

Moving probably wont meet your needs, I would only consider moving after I had put in substantial time and effort (shooting 68 is an OK start).  Its a tough market with little financial reward.

Edited by vallygolf, 11 October 2017 - 09:20 AM.

#37 teejaywhy

teejaywhy

Official GolfWRX Curmudgeon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,816 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39565
GolfWRX Likes : 1668

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:11 PM

View Postfore_life, on 10 October 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

But for real, if you move here, I'll golf with you.

Wear a cup if you plan to stand down range.

#38 fore_life

fore_life

Swung too hard, hit it too pure.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,109 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59484
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1958

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:37 PM

View Postteejaywhy, on 12 October 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

View Postfore_life, on 10 October 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

But for real, if you move here, I'll golf with you.

Wear a cup if you plan to stand down range.

I've worked the lateral out of my game.
Adams Fast 12 Ls Ust 90x elements
Titleist 910 ust vts silver 8x tour spx
Titleist 21* H2 evenflow blue 6.5
718 tmb 4 iron
718 cb 5-pw amt x100 tour
Vokeys
Odyssey ti-hot limited #1
Odyssey 7ch
Giannini g6

#39 Bluefan75

Bluefan75

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56847
GolfWRX Likes : 755

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:39 AM

View Postwkuo3, on 10 October 2017 - 09:47 PM, said:

Kid,

If your career best is a 59 or a 61 at a full length tournament ready golf course then, perhaps you could get on the mini tour or consider qualifying to get on the WEB.COM tour.

Not trying to put anyone down, they will eat you alive if you can't shot in the 60's most of the time on any difficult track.
But 68 is a great score at WRX.

Nonsense.  68 is a bad score for all the 350+ drivers here.  You sure you've been here that long?

#40 One_Putt_Blunder

One_Putt_Blunder

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,913 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56737
GolfWRX Likes : 3513

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:53 PM

Posted Image

@oneputtblunder
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 Roadking2003

Roadking2003

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406342
  • Handicap:8.7
GolfWRX Likes : 1221

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:52 AM

Timothy68, on 10 October 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

Arizona or Florida? Which is better for golf? I was wondering, I am 23 and I am looking to relocate hopefully and focus on my golf game. I shot a career best 68 and want to continually learn and perhaps help others. I am 23 and I know there are golfer who need help but also would like to mentor a golf game. I have also heard SC is good for golf. What do you say?

AZ, hands down.  It's not even close.

#42 dtm6582

dtm6582

dtm6582

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122477
  • Ebay ID:dtm6582
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:58 PM

Roadking2003, on 14 October 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

Timothy68, on 10 October 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

Arizona or Florida? Which is better for golf? I was wondering, I am 23 and I am looking to relocate hopefully and focus on my golf game. I shot a career best 68 and want to continually learn and perhaps help others. I am 23 and I know there are golfer who need help but also would like to mentor a golf game. I have also heard SC is good for golf. What do you say?

AZ, hands down.  It's not even close.

You missed the part where OP lost it (the mods deleted his posts).  I think we're now all recommending he go to Florida.

#43 hybrid25

hybrid25

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 434860
GolfWRX Likes : 216

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:24 PM

There are issues with living either in Arizona or Florida for a golfer, it's laden with tourists in the winter months (high green fees as well)  and really too hot to be comfortable in the summer months. It's like the saying goes, It's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there year around.

#44 Truman

Truman

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119361
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 62

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:12 PM

It doesn’t matter which state you pick, if becoming a professional golfer is your goal.  Both, have great courses and competition.  A challenge will be getting into some of the local games.
A friend and I looked to sponsor a couple of young kids at our club, a few years ago.  Both, had one state am titles.  We asked our pro what he thought?  He said until they could get to +6 save our money.
The guys making a living are really good.

#45 ronnbee

ronnbee

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138003
GolfWRX Likes : 128

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:41 AM

Sarasota or Naples

Also tagged with GOLF, FLORIDA, PGA