Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Bachelor party in Myrtle Beach super bowl weekend


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 1puttTUT

1puttTUT

    Lefty with occasional game

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,376 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 354761
  • Joined: 12/29/2014
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:5.2
  • Ebay ID:pmtuttle21
GolfWRX Likes : 774

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:36 AM

I just found out that this is the plan.  It was originally going to be Scottsdale on Waste Management weekend (also super bowl weekend I think?).  I'm kinda bummed, but I've never been to MB, so I'm excited to go somewhere new.

I'm not sure of the exact itinerary, but it will definitely include lots of golf.  Where should we play?  Where should we party after golf?  What can we expect weather-wise?

Any advice would help.  Nobody attending has EVER been to Myrtle Beach.

Thanks in advance!

Cobra LTD 11.5D w/ Elements Chrome 6F4
TM M2 16.5* w/ Fujikura Motore F3 80s
Cobra F6 19* w/stock garbage shaft
Titleist 913H 21* w/stock garbage shaft
Titleist 915H 24* w/stock garbage shaft
Cobra forged TEC 6-PW w/ KBS Tour 120s
Titleist 714 AP2 GW w/ Nippon Modus3 120s
Titleist Vokey SM4 54*/58* w/ Nippon Modus3 125s
Bettinardi BB2 or SC Newport 2.5

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 krtgolfing

krtgolfing

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430202
  • Joined: 06/23/2016
  • Location:Charleston, SC
  • Handicap:5.9
GolfWRX Likes : 201

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:13 AM

View Post1puttTUT, on 10 October 2017 - 08:36 AM, said:

I just found out that this is the plan.  It was originally going to be Scottsdale on Waste Management weekend (also super bowl weekend I think?).  I'm kinda bummed, but I've never been to MB, so I'm excited to go somewhere new.

I'm not sure of the exact itinerary, but it will definitely include lots of golf.  Where should we play?  Where should we party after golf?  What can we expect weather-wise?

Any advice would help.  Nobody attending has EVER been to Myrtle Beach.

Thanks in advance!

What kind of budget are you looking at for golf? How many courses? What kind of "partying" do you like? Weather can be hit or miss. Might have a frost delay in the morning, but that should be uncommon. Probably will be cold in the morning, but heat up by my the afternoon.
Taylor Made M2 Driver
Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
Spider Tour Red

2

#3 1puttTUT

1puttTUT

    Lefty with occasional game

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,376 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 354761
  • Joined: 12/29/2014
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:5.2
  • Ebay ID:pmtuttle21
GolfWRX Likes : 774

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:04 AM

View Postkrtgolfing, on 10 October 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

View Post1puttTUT, on 10 October 2017 - 08:36 AM, said:

I just found out that this is the plan.  It was originally going to be Scottsdale on Waste Management weekend (also super bowl weekend I think?).  I'm kinda bummed, but I've never been to MB, so I'm excited to go somewhere new.

I'm not sure of the exact itinerary, but it will definitely include lots of golf.  Where should we play?  Where should we party after golf?  What can we expect weather-wise?

Any advice would help.  Nobody attending has EVER been to Myrtle Beach.

Thanks in advance!

What kind of budget are you looking at for golf? How many courses? What kind of "partying" do you like? Weather can be hit or miss. Might have a frost delay in the morning, but that should be uncommon. Probably will be cold in the morning, but heat up by my the afternoon.

golf budget is likely $50-100 per round.  My guess is that we would play two rounds, one on Saturday, one on Sunday.

Partying is probably varied.  Maybe one gentlemen's club, otherwise just places with good craft beer/whiskey lists.  Maybe a good steakhouse one evening. Nobody is looking to go out dancing or anything like that.

It sounds like the weather will be fine, at least for me.  Half the guys are located in Florida and the other half are in Michigan, which made MB a nice halfway point.  The Florida guys will think it's cold, the Michigan guys will just be happy to play that time of year :)

I'll add more details as I find out more.
Cobra LTD 11.5D w/ Elements Chrome 6F4
TM M2 16.5* w/ Fujikura Motore F3 80s
Cobra F6 19* w/stock garbage shaft
Titleist 913H 21* w/stock garbage shaft
Titleist 915H 24* w/stock garbage shaft
Cobra forged TEC 6-PW w/ KBS Tour 120s
Titleist 714 AP2 GW w/ Nippon Modus3 120s
Titleist Vokey SM4 54*/58* w/ Nippon Modus3 125s
Bettinardi BB2 or SC Newport 2.5

3

#4 krtgolfing

krtgolfing

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430202
  • Joined: 06/23/2016
  • Location:Charleston, SC
  • Handicap:5.9
GolfWRX Likes : 201

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:21 AM

View Post1puttTUT, on 10 October 2017 - 11:04 AM, said:

View Postkrtgolfing, on 10 October 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

View Post1puttTUT, on 10 October 2017 - 08:36 AM, said:

I just found out that this is the plan.  It was originally going to be Scottsdale on Waste Management weekend (also super bowl weekend I think?).  I'm kinda bummed, but I've never been to MB, so I'm excited to go somewhere new.

I'm not sure of the exact itinerary, but it will definitely include lots of golf.  Where should we play?  Where should we party after golf?  What can we expect weather-wise?

Any advice would help.  Nobody attending has EVER been to Myrtle Beach.

Thanks in advance!

What kind of budget are you looking at for golf? How many courses? What kind of "partying" do you like? Weather can be hit or miss. Might have a frost delay in the morning, but that should be uncommon. Probably will be cold in the morning, but heat up by my the afternoon.

golf budget is likely $50-100 per round.  My guess is that we would play two rounds, one on Saturday, one on Sunday.

Partying is probably varied.  Maybe one gentlemen's club, otherwise just places with good craft beer/whiskey lists.  Maybe a good steakhouse one evening. Nobody is looking to go out dancing or anything like that.

It sounds like the weather will be fine, at least for me.  Half the guys are located in Florida and the other half are in Michigan, which made MB a nice halfway point.  The Florida guys will think it's cold, the Michigan guys will just be happy to play that time of year :)

I'll add more details as I find out more.

For gentlemens club I would recommend Thee DollHouse. If you are wanting a good but cheap burger go to Hamburger Joes. They also have $1 PBR on draft. I have no idea about good craft beer places. If your wanting a good meal I would say Thoroughbreds. For golf I would recommend True Blue, Caledonia, TPC Myrtle Beach, Grand Dunes, Barefoot Dye, Tidewater, or Glen Dornoch. I am not sure the prices that time of year but I think you could find two great courses in the off-season for 50-100 per round. You should be able to find a multi bedroom condo for not a lot of money that time of year. Split between a few people it would probably be less than the golf.
Taylor Made M2 Driver
Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
Spider Tour Red

4

#5 disk

disk

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 352547
  • Joined: 12/18/2014
  • Location:Chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 122

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:16 PM

I just got back from a week in Myrtle Beach with a pretty similar golf budget, tried to keep it under $100 so we could play 36 a day.

Player River Oaks Plantation first and Beachwood Golf last, would not recommend either. They were perfect for a warm up at the beginning of the week and a cool down round at the end of the week, not much else in my opinion.

Courses that fit your budget (at least last week, not sure about Super Bowl weekend) that we played and would absolutely recommend are:
Pawleys Plantation
Wild Wing
Willbrook Plantation
Both Myrtlewood courses

All depends on how far you want to go, Pawleys and Willbrook were both ~30 minutes south of where I was in North Myrtle, Wild Wing was ~10 minutes away in Conway and Myrtlewood was ~5 minutes away.
Willbrook and Wild Wing were probably my favorites, Wild Wing being a little more difficult because of the mounding around the greens. Pawleys Plantation gets really good reviews and is very nice, just didn't like it as much as Willbrook or Wild Wing for whatever reason, and both Myrtlewood courses were in good shape and offered a pleasant round of golf.

The only craft beer place we found (we didn't look very hard to be honest) was Liberty Tap Room & Grill, pretty big beer menu with tons of craft options including some of their own stuff and pretty good food.

Edited by disk, 10 October 2017 - 05:17 PM.


5

#6 Philfil

Philfil

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183262
  • Joined: 05/27/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 239

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:59 PM

Haha, I'd say Myrtle Beach is a dump - but that's cause I spent the week before in Hilton Head.  And the fact that Myrtle Beach is a dump...

6

#7 disk

disk

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 352547
  • Joined: 12/18/2014
  • Location:Chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 122

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:39 PM

View PostPhilfil, on 10 October 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

Haha, I'd say Myrtle Beach is a dump - but that's cause I spent the week before in Hilton Head.  And the fact that Myrtle Beach is a dump...

Completely different places yeah but Myrtle Beach has some great golf. Does it look and feel like the Wisconsin Dells meets Key West meets a whole pile of steroids? Yes, but that doesn't detract from the golf.

7

#8 Cwing

Cwing

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,909 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37012
  • Joined: 08/10/2007
  • Location:Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals,
  • Handicap:12.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1112

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:19 PM

Check weather for that time of year. Try the Caddy Girls. I’ve not partaken in that type of action but it looks like it would fit the bill for a bachelor party weekend.
Callaway Fusion 10.5* w/44.5" Recoil 450ES
Callaway XR 4 wood
Callaway Big Bertha 19* hybrid
PING k15 23* 4 hybrid
PING G25 5-U w/DG XP s300
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
PING Ketsch
Garmin g6/Caddytek V2
http://www.golfwrx.c...ings-witb-2013/

8

#9 Llortamaisey

Llortamaisey

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,159 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11574
  • Joined: 02/09/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 1816

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:31 PM

My advice is let ya boys go to Dirty Myrtle and you go to Scottsdale instead.

9

#10 poppyhillsguy

poppyhillsguy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2601
  • Joined: 07/14/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 588

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:50 PM

Go to the Barefoot Resort website and book golf at the Dye Course and Fazio or Love Course.  Stay at Barefoot's Yacht Club condos.  Thee Dollhouse is a short Uber away and lots of steakhouses to pick from.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 krtgolfing

krtgolfing

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430202
  • Joined: 06/23/2016
  • Location:Charleston, SC
  • Handicap:5.9
GolfWRX Likes : 201

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:50 AM

View PostPhilfil, on 10 October 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

Haha, I'd say Myrtle Beach is a dump - but that's cause I spent the week before in Hilton Head.  And the fact that Myrtle Beach is a dump...

The golf is by far better in myrtle than Hilton head unless you have connections to get onto the private courses.
Taylor Made M2 Driver
Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
Spider Tour Red

11

#12 BIG STU

BIG STU

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,889 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Joined: 11/14/2013
  • Location:Garden City Beach SC
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 21662

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:43 AM

View PostPhilfil, on 10 October 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

Haha, I'd say Myrtle Beach is a dump - but that's cause I spent the week before in Hilton Head.  And the fact that Myrtle Beach is a dump...
  ROTFLMAO!!!!!   That is why those of us on the South end of the Strand call it "Dirty Myrtle"

Normally I mostly play on the South end but since my NY boys are back I have ventured out some in the last month and have played the following courses and all are in good shape.
Shaftsberry Glen
Myrtle Beach National all 3 courses
The Wizard and Man O War.
My home course Indian Wells in Garden City is in good shape too as of last weekend. Now we have gotten a lot of rain this week so I do not know if anything has changed because I still work full time so I do not get out much during the week.
As far as Craft Beer and Gentleman's clubs I can not help you there because I do not do either. If I do drink an adult beverage I do so at home. I will seriously caution you though If you drink do not drive period because they are on the look out for that especially this time of the year and they are on the lookout for out of state or rental car plates too especially in "Dirty Myrtle"

As far as Steaks Angelos in Myrtle is the best and he gets a lot of good reviews on WRX and other sites too. If you guys want a combo of steaks and seafood I suggest Drunken Jack's in Murrells Inlet.
Driver: Titleist 915 D-2 Mitsubishi Diamana 65 R
3 Wood Adams Super S 15* Bassara Regular flex
Hybrid - TM Rescue Mid 19* Pro Launch Blue
Hybrid- TM Rescue Mid 22* Stock TM Tip Stiff
2 iron 1999 Hogan Apex " Canadian Special" 19* S-300 Stock Tip Butt cut only ( yes a real Hogan Apex)
Irons -- 5 thru PW 2013 Callaway Forged X Rifle 5.5 PXI
GW Callaway BECU 50* S-300 hard tipped 1x
SW Callaway PM 56* FST wedge stock named "Mickey"

Putter - Scotty Santa Fe 1997 vintage rusty as heck nicknamed "Rusty"
Bag Old School TEE 3.5 stand

Founding Father of the Outlaw Golf Association Member #1 To heck with the USGA
Redneck Hippie Golf-- When the tailgate drops the BS stops

12

#13 BIG STU

BIG STU

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,889 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Joined: 11/14/2013
  • Location:Garden City Beach SC
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 21662

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:45 AM

View PostCwing, on 10 October 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

Check weather for that time of year. Try the Caddy Girls. I’ve not partaken in that type of action but it looks like it would fit the bill for a bachelor party weekend.
Yep they do a lot of bachelor parties. I see it all the time. I love playing behind the bachelor parties plenty of good looking scenery and they lose plenty of new Pro Vs
Driver: Titleist 915 D-2 Mitsubishi Diamana 65 R
3 Wood Adams Super S 15* Bassara Regular flex
Hybrid - TM Rescue Mid 19* Pro Launch Blue
Hybrid- TM Rescue Mid 22* Stock TM Tip Stiff
2 iron 1999 Hogan Apex " Canadian Special" 19* S-300 Stock Tip Butt cut only ( yes a real Hogan Apex)
Irons -- 5 thru PW 2013 Callaway Forged X Rifle 5.5 PXI
GW Callaway BECU 50* S-300 hard tipped 1x
SW Callaway PM 56* FST wedge stock named "Mickey"

Putter - Scotty Santa Fe 1997 vintage rusty as heck nicknamed "Rusty"
Bag Old School TEE 3.5 stand

Founding Father of the Outlaw Golf Association Member #1 To heck with the USGA
Redneck Hippie Golf-- When the tailgate drops the BS stops

13

#14 snoilr1

snoilr1

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406030
  • Joined: 12/18/2015
  • Location:Falls Church, VA
  • Handicap:17.2
GolfWRX Likes : 196

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:55 AM

In early Feb, I'd stick to courses in the south end of Myrtle. It is 30-40 miles from the northern to the southern end of the strand, and can make a big difference in whether you get a frost delay, or how long the delay will last. Even if you're not playing early, I've seen long enough frost delays that time of year that the schedule stays behind by hours all day.
Titleist 913 D3
R7 Steel 16Deg 4W
RBZ 19.5Deg 3H
Srixon Z745 5-P
SM6 50.12F
SM1 54.14, 58.08
ProPlatinum mid-slant

14

#15 ChxDigLongBall

ChxDigLongBall

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87810
  • Joined: 07/08/2009
  • Location:Calabash, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:08 AM

View Post1puttTUT, on 10 October 2017 - 08:36 AM, said:

I just found out that this is the plan.  It was originally going to be Scottsdale on Waste Management weekend (also super bowl weekend I think?).  I'm kinda bummed, but I've never been to MB, so I'm excited to go somewhere new.

I'm not sure of the exact itinerary, but it will definitely include lots of golf.  Where should we play?  Where should we party after golf?  What can we expect weather-wise?

Any advice would help.  Nobody attending has EVER been to Myrtle Beach.

Thanks in advance!

PM me please.

Epic Sub Zero 9*- BiMatrix 80X- Lime Green
Epic Sub Zero 13.5*- Bimatrix 80X- Lime Green
XR Steelhead 3h- Project X 9B3 6.5
XR Steelhead Pro- 4-PW- DG TI X100
Mac Daddy Forged 50, 54, 60- DG TI Xi00
Odyssey O-Works V-Line Fang CH
Taylor Made TP5

15

#16 sheppy335

sheppy335

    TMAG Junkie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,776 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11865
  • Joined: 02/13/2006
  • Location:Pittsburgh PA
  • Handicap:19
  • Ebay ID:sheppy33
GolfWRX Likes : 678

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:30 PM

K I would stay more south but that is away from nightlife. Which there are lots of things to do at night. Strip clubs are getting killed by local laws but some are still there and doing well. Weather can be a crap shoot but better then northern weather. I would make sure you have some warm cloths for morning incase.

Course will be based on how far you want to ride and what you budget it, they can go from cheap to expensive in relative terms. It is a nice town that has lots of golf related things to do and many people go play golf there all year.

If you give me more details i can make more detailed recommendations.
TM M1 430 TP 10.5 Mitsubishi Kai'li
TM M2 Tour 15 Kuro Kage
TM RBZ Tour HL3 17 UST V2
TM TP UDI 2 iron 18 UST Recoil 110
TM TP UDI 3 iron 20 Paderson KINETXX 950
TM RSi TP UDI 4 iron 23 Aldila Trinity 65
TM PSi 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
TM xFT TP 50, 54, 58 Nippon Pro WV115
TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

I drop the 2 iron or one of the other UDI's based on course.

16

#17 Cwing

Cwing

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,909 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37012
  • Joined: 08/10/2007
  • Location:Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals,
  • Handicap:12.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1112

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:50 PM

View PostBIG STU, on 11 October 2017 - 02:45 AM, said:

View PostCwing, on 10 October 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

Check weather for that time of year. Try the Caddy Girls. I’ve not partaken in that type of action but it looks like it would fit the bill for a bachelor party weekend.
Yep they do a lot of bachelor parties. I see it all the time. I love playing behind the bachelor parties plenty of good looking scenery and they lose plenty of new Pro Vs

I was in the group behind one of these outings last. It was a slow day but ....... no complaints. The views were spectacular all day long but my battery died on my yardage finder after about 12 holes.
Callaway Fusion 10.5* w/44.5" Recoil 450ES
Callaway XR 4 wood
Callaway Big Bertha 19* hybrid
PING k15 23* 4 hybrid
PING G25 5-U w/DG XP s300
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
PING Ketsch
Garmin g6/Caddytek V2
http://www.golfwrx.c...ings-witb-2013/

17

#18 edwardt2

edwardt2

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 304855
  • Joined: 03/31/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted Yesterday, 12:26 PM

Barefoot runs a great special super bowl week. Here's a link: http://barefootgolf....l-week-special/

18



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors