Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Shipsticks.....Lower then Airlines Now?

31 replies to this topic

#31 chippa13

chippa13

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 394742
GolfWRX Likes : 1055

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:56 PM

View PostNorth Butte, on 11 October 2017 - 08:03 AM, said:

I've made 15-16 trips with my clubs, mostly transatlantic. One time I noticed a slight bend in a putter shaft when I returned, it was one of the teo times I used a soft cover instead of an SKB.

One return trip my clubs were delayed for several hours in Atlanta so I just went home and came back to get them the next day.

One damage, one slight delay in rougly 30 flights. No way ShipSticks is better than that.

I use a soft-sided travel bag and have never had a problem with bent clubs. I always put an old hockey shaft into it which is slightly longer than my driver to protect them.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 az2au

az2au

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185434
  • Handicap:3.6
GolfWRX Likes : 463

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:36 PM

As I have mentioned before, literally 100’s of trips with my clubs including 29 different countries and the worst issue I’ve ever had is a one day delay.  Always a soft bag and never any extra care taken beyond using a stiff arm. This year alone my clubs have been to Bandon, Chicago, Ireland, Italy, France and Mexico with no problems.

So, yes, it does happen. Airlines do lose bags and sometimes bags get damaged but all of these extra precautions are like buying extended warranties. I’m a big believer in either buying them always or never. I’m a never guy and if something goes wrong then I’ll use the money saved to pay to rectify the situation but as of now I would have to have an extremely unlikely run of bad luck not to come out way ahead in life.

If you’re just not interested in carrying your clubs/will save money this way (OPB example) and for some reason trust these services more than the airlines then, sure, no problem. I’d wager a guess that the success rate difference between the two is statistically insignificant however.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors