Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Sergio leaving TM


198 replies to this topic

#181 jmck

jmck

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,302 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66331
  • Joined: 09/23/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 2293

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:14 PM

Rory washed up at age 28 has got to be the worst reoccurring theme of 2017 golfwrx.com.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#182 lopey986

lopey986

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,331 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 413808
  • Joined: 02/28/2016
  • Location:Illinois
  • Ebay ID:lopey986
GolfWRX Likes : 740

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:27 PM

 jmck, on 12 October 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

Rory washed up at age 28 has got to be the worst reoccurring theme of 2017 golfwrx.com.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2

#183 J13

J13

    60% of the time, every time.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 12,425 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76984
  • Joined: 03/08/2009
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:+1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 5097

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:28 PM

 jmck, on 12 October 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

Rory washed up at age 28 has got to be the worst reoccurring theme of 2017 golfwrx.com.

He has a bright future ahead of him if he wants it.   His focus the last 2 years was clearly not on golf which is ok as real life changes and takes a minute to stabilize.  I predict 2018 will be a very good year for him especially with Tiger back in action.  Equipment is figured out, Tiger is back, married, ... the list goes on.  Rory will win a major next year as will Tiger.

Edited by J13, 12 October 2017 - 03:29 PM.

Callaway Epic SZ 9* (playing 8*) w/ Xphlexxx Agera) : 44.50" SW D4
Callaway Epic GBB 3+ w/ Veylix Rome 888: 42.75" SW D3.5
Taylormade UDI 2 iron (UST Proforce V2)
Srixon 745's 4-PW (Modus Tour 120 TX)
Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 Modus3 125 wedge shaft
Odyssey White Hot #6

WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

3

#184 cvhookem63

cvhookem63

    HOOK 'EM

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,694 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 307989
  • Joined: 04/11/2014
  • Location:East Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 2544

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:32 PM

 J13, on 12 October 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

 jmck, on 12 October 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

Rory washed up at age 28 has got to be the worst reoccurring theme of 2017 golfwrx.com.

He has a bright future ahead of him if he wants it.  The last few years especially this year has been unwhelmingly bad for him.  His focus was clearly not on golf which is ok as real life changes and takes a minute to stabilize.  I predict 2018 will be a very good year for Rory especially with Tiger back in action.

He may not have won this year but he still had 8 Top 10s...so it could have been a lot worse.
WITB Link
TaylorMade 2017 M1 9.5* Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 8X
NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3i & 4i Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
NIKE Vapor Pro Combo 5-9 Project X 6.5
NIKE OVEN Engage 46*SS TI X100 | 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
NIKE OVEN Origin B2-05 Long Slant | Scotty Cameron SB
Posted Image Posted Image

4

#185 Jasonic

Jasonic

    Gamer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 277815
  • Joined: 09/25/2013
  • Location:Queens NY
  • Handicap:7.2
GolfWRX Likes : 2079

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:00 PM

 J13, on 12 October 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

 jmck, on 12 October 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

Rory washed up at age 28 has got to be the worst reoccurring theme of 2017 golfwrx.com.

He has a bright future ahead of him if he wants it.   His focus the last 2 years was clearly not on golf which is ok as real life changes and takes a minute to stabilize.  I predict 2018 will be a very good year for him especially with Tiger back in action.  Equipment is figured out, Tiger is back, married, ... the list goes on.  Rory will win a major next year as will Tiger.

Rory possibly. Tiger? No chance in hell

Cobra f7+ 9.5*- Flowerband OG WB 73x
Cobra f7 3/4 wood - 14.5* - Flowerband OG WB 83x
Srixon u45 DI - 20* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Srixon z945 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
TaylorMade Spider Limited Red
KSig or Snell MTB :)

5

#186 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***FIGJAM = Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,068 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 2606

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:14 PM

 J13, on 12 October 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

 jmck, on 12 October 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

Rory washed up at age 28 has got to be the worst reoccurring theme of 2017 golfwrx.com.

He has a bright future ahead of him if he wants it.   His focus the last 2 years was clearly not on golf which is ok as real life changes and takes a minute to stabilize.  I predict 2018 will be a very good year for him especially with Tiger back in action.  Equipment is figured out, Tiger is back, married, ... the list goes on.  Rory will win a major next year as will Tiger.

I hope you are right!

6

#187 grm24

grm24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
  • Location:Western PA
GolfWRX Likes : 894

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:18 PM

 cvhookem63, on 12 October 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

 J13, on 12 October 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

 jmck, on 12 October 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

Rory washed up at age 28 has got to be the worst reoccurring theme of 2017 golfwrx.com.

He has a bright future ahead of him if he wants it.  The last few years especially this year has been unwhelmingly bad for him.  His focus was clearly not on golf which is ok as real life changes and takes a minute to stabilize.  I predict 2018 will be a very good year for Rory especially with Tiger back in action.

He may not have won this year but he still had 8 Top 10s...so it could have been a lot worse.
With how "bad" Rory played on the PGA Tour in 2017 his scoring average was 6th. He currently leads the European Tour in scoring average. I wish I could play that poorly LOL!

https://www.pgatour....t.120.2017.html

http://www.europeant...id=1/index.html

7

#188 J13

J13

    60% of the time, every time.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 12,425 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76984
  • Joined: 03/08/2009
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:+1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 5097

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:13 PM

First off Rory's top 10's were mostly back door top 10's where he was out of it and when the pressure was off he breezed around and shot a low round.  Second, he didn't win.  Reality is Rory needs to win to have a good year.  He couldn't care less about top 10's
Callaway Epic SZ 9* (playing 8*) w/ Xphlexxx Agera) : 44.50" SW D4
Callaway Epic GBB 3+ w/ Veylix Rome 888: 42.75" SW D3.5
Taylormade UDI 2 iron (UST Proforce V2)
Srixon 745's 4-PW (Modus Tour 120 TX)
Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 Modus3 125 wedge shaft
Odyssey White Hot #6

WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

8

#189 Jasonic

Jasonic

    Gamer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 277815
  • Joined: 09/25/2013
  • Location:Queens NY
  • Handicap:7.2
GolfWRX Likes : 2079

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:30 PM

 J13, on 12 October 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

First off Rory's top 10's were mostly back door top 10's where he was out of it and when the pressure was off he breezed around and shot a low round.  Second, he didn't win.  Reality is Rory needs to win to have a good year.  He couldn't care less about top 10's

Your reality has Tiger winning a major next year tho
Cobra f7+ 9.5*- Flowerband OG WB 73x
Cobra f7 3/4 wood - 14.5* - Flowerband OG WB 83x
Srixon u45 DI - 20* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Srixon z945 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
TaylorMade Spider Limited Red
KSig or Snell MTB :)

9

#190 J13

J13

    60% of the time, every time.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 12,425 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76984
  • Joined: 03/08/2009
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:+1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 5097

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:58 PM

 Jasonic, on 12 October 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

 J13, on 12 October 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

First off Rory's top 10's were mostly back door top 10's where he was out of it and when the pressure was off he breezed around and shot a low round.  Second, he didn't win.  Reality is Rory needs to win to have a good year.  He couldn't care less about top 10's

Your reality has Tiger winning a major next year tho

If Tiger is healthy he has the same chance of winning a major as Rory.  But Tiger winning is certainly a wish at this point not reality.

Callaway Epic SZ 9* (playing 8*) w/ Xphlexxx Agera) : 44.50" SW D4
Callaway Epic GBB 3+ w/ Veylix Rome 888: 42.75" SW D3.5
Taylormade UDI 2 iron (UST Proforce V2)
Srixon 745's 4-PW (Modus Tour 120 TX)
Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 Modus3 125 wedge shaft
Odyssey White Hot #6

WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#191 PZero

PZero

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,921 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129810
  • Joined: 05/30/2011
  • Location:Ohio
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 7106

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:17 PM

 J13, on 12 October 2017 - 09:58 PM, said:

 Jasonic, on 12 October 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

 J13, on 12 October 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

First off Rory's top 10's were mostly back door top 10's where he was out of it and when the pressure was off he breezed around and shot a low round.  Second, he didn't win.  Reality is Rory needs to win to have a good year.  He couldn't care less about top 10's

Your reality has Tiger winning a major next year tho

If Tiger is healthy he has the same chance of winning a major as Rory.

That's crazy talk.
R11s 9° Whiteboad 63S
Titleist 913F 15°
TM R9 19°
Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
Vokey TVD 56°, SM5 60°
Studio Select Newport

11

#192 PowderedToastMan

PowderedToastMan

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141617
  • Joined: 10/07/2011
  • Location:Calgary, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 2544

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:06 PM

 PZero, on 13 October 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

 J13, on 12 October 2017 - 09:58 PM, said:

 Jasonic, on 12 October 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

 J13, on 12 October 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

First off Rory's top 10's were mostly back door top 10's where he was out of it and when the pressure was off he breezed around and shot a low round.  Second, he didn't win.  Reality is Rory needs to win to have a good year.  He couldn't care less about top 10's

Your reality has Tiger winning a major next year tho

If Tiger is healthy he has the same chance of winning a major as Rory.

That's crazy talk.
Healthy Tiger always has a chance at winning. Problem is, healthy Tiger doesnít really exist anymore.

If Rory sticks to one putter, puts in the hours on the practice green, and cleans up his proximity to the hole from 100-150, he will win a major again. The reason itís easy to doubt him is because he seems to make dumb decisions. He talked a month or so ago about his rib injury, about needing time off, and he proceeded to continue playing every week. He changes putters every week, and complains that long hitters like him have a disadvantage with wedge shots. He just says and does some weird things lately that donít instill confidence. His mind just seems a little out of it.
Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being. Reformed club ho.

In the bag:

PING G30 8.4 w/ Tour 65 Stiff 44.25"
PING G30 13.5 w/ TFC 419F X
PING G30 17.5 w/ Tour 80 X
PING G25 20 w/ TFC 189 X
PING S55 4-PW w/ KBS Tour X
PING Tour Gorge 52; Glide 58 TS w/ CFS X
Yes! Sandy 12 38"

12

#193 Jacked_Loft

Jacked_Loft

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 449174
  • Joined: 12/17/2016
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:59 AM

It's all about which country you're marketing in:

USA= DJ
AUS=JD
IRE=RM
SPA=RAHM
GER=KAYMER
ENG=ROSE
ITY=MOLINARI

Etc.

Why does TM need 2 players from Spain when it's such a small portion of thier turnover?
WIMB:

Pure TaylorMade

M2 10.5° Kuro Kage 60 S
M1 3 FW Kuro Kage 70 S
M1 5 FW Kuro Kage 70 S
M1 3 Iron Tour AD 85HY S
P770 4-PW & AW Nippon 950 S
MG 56° LB Wedge KBS T 8 Iron Shaft S
TP Platinum Putter SS GTR 2.0
TP5 X

13

#194 KYMAR

KYMAR

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,702 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99014
  • Joined: 11/22/2009
  • Location:Cleveland, Oh
GolfWRX Likes : 13514

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:59 PM

 Jacked_Loft, on 14 October 2017 - 04:59 AM, said:

It's all about which country you're marketing in:

USA= DJ
AUS=JD
IRE=RM
SPA=RAHM
GER=KAYMER
ENG=ROSE
ITY=MOLINARI

Etc.

Why does TM need 2 players from Spain when it's such a small portion of thier turnover?

I doubt  country of origin is in the top 5 things considered when giving tour players money to play gear.

Tiger is from Cablanasia and Nike gave him mucho schillings.

Edited by KYMAR, 14 October 2017 - 02:00 PM.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided   
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0   
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60   
White Hot 6 Long Neck

14

#195 xjohnx

xjohnx

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75904
  • Joined: 02/23/2009
  • Location:NH
  • Ebay ID:xedgep90x
GolfWRX Likes : 661

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:08 PM

 KYMAR, on 14 October 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

 Jacked_Loft, on 14 October 2017 - 04:59 AM, said:

It's all about which country you're marketing in:

USA= DJ
AUS=JD
IRE=RM
SPA=RAHM
GER=KAYMER
ENG=ROSE
ITY=MOLINARI

Etc.

Why does TM need 2 players from Spain when it's such a small portion of thier turnover?

I doubt  country of origin is in the top 5 things considered when giving tour players money to play gear.

Tiger is from Cablanasia and Nike gave him mucho schillings.

I agree that this is an exaggerated statement. If you live in Spain, I guarantee that Sergio is still a huge deal compared to Rahm. It's always exciting to have some new youth to spark some fire but, let's face it, that dude had one good year and everyone is way too excited about him. Maybe it's just me, because I really don't like him. Sergio is the biggest thing since Seve in regards to golf in Spain. Sure his career has come up short of most expectations but to say Rahm overtakes Sergio's marketing value in his home country the same year he finally one a major is a bit of a stretch.

I still think too many people aren't using much business logic in regards to this split.

Edited by xjohnx, 14 October 2017 - 09:09 PM.


15

#196 soregongolfer

soregongolfer

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97841
  • Joined: 11/03/2009
  • Location:Roseburg, OR
GolfWRX Likes : 520

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:47 PM

 xjohnx, on 14 October 2017 - 09:08 PM, said:

 KYMAR, on 14 October 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

 Jacked_Loft, on 14 October 2017 - 04:59 AM, said:

It's all about which country you're marketing in:

USA= DJ
AUS=JD
IRE=RM
SPA=RAHM
GER=KAYMER
ENG=ROSE
ITY=MOLINARI

Etc.

Why does TM need 2 players from Spain when it's such a small portion of thier turnover?

I doubt  country of origin is in the top 5 things considered when giving tour players money to play gear.

Tiger is from Cablanasia and Nike gave him mucho schillings.

I agree that this is an exaggerated statement. If you live in Spain, I guarantee that Sergio is still a huge deal compared to Rahm. It's always exciting to have some new youth to spark some fire but, let's face it, that dude had one good year and everyone is way too excited about him. Maybe it's just me, because I really don't like him. Sergio is the biggest thing since Seve in regards to golf in Spain. Sure his career has come up short of most expectations but to say Rahm overtakes Sergio's marketing value in his home country the same year he finally one a major is a bit of a stretch.

I still think too many people aren't using much business logic in regards to this split.

Ollie winning two Master's was a big deal in Spain.

16

#197 Jasonic

Jasonic

    Gamer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 277815
  • Joined: 09/25/2013
  • Location:Queens NY
  • Handicap:7.2
GolfWRX Likes : 2079

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:01 PM

 soregongolfer, on 14 October 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

 xjohnx, on 14 October 2017 - 09:08 PM, said:

 KYMAR, on 14 October 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

 Jacked_Loft, on 14 October 2017 - 04:59 AM, said:

It's all about which country you're marketing in:

USA= DJ
AUS=JD
IRE=RM
SPA=RAHM
GER=KAYMER
ENG=ROSE
ITY=MOLINARI

Etc.

Why does TM need 2 players from Spain when it's such a small portion of thier turnover?

I doubt  country of origin is in the top 5 things considered when giving tour players money to play gear.

Tiger is from Cablanasia and Nike gave him mucho schillings.

I agree that this is an exaggerated statement. If you live in Spain, I guarantee that Sergio is still a huge deal compared to Rahm. It's always exciting to have some new youth to spark some fire but, let's face it, that dude had one good year and everyone is way too excited about him. Maybe it's just me, because I really don't like him. Sergio is the biggest thing since Seve in regards to golf in Spain. Sure his career has come up short of most expectations but to say Rahm overtakes Sergio's marketing value in his home country the same year he finally one a major is a bit of a stretch.

I still think too many people aren't using much business logic in regards to this split.

Ollie winning two Master's was a big deal in Spain.

Yea but when you're basically a hermit you're not marketable.
Cobra f7+ 9.5*- Flowerband OG WB 73x
Cobra f7 3/4 wood - 14.5* - Flowerband OG WB 83x
Srixon u45 DI - 20* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Srixon z945 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
TaylorMade Spider Limited Red
KSig or Snell MTB :)

17

#198 ronster

ronster

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2985
  • Joined: 07/18/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:19 AM

 PowderedToastMan, on 13 October 2017 - 06:06 PM, said:


Healthy Tiger always has a chance at winning. Problem is, healthy Tiger doesnít really exist anymore.

If Rory sticks to one putter, puts in the hours on the practice green, and cleans up his proximity to the hole from 100-150, he will win a major again. The reason itís easy to doubt him is because he seems to make dumb decisions. He talked a month or so ago about his rib injury, about needing time off, and he proceeded to continue playing every week. He changes putters every week, and complains that long hitters like him have a disadvantage with wedge shots. He just says and does some weird things lately that donít instill confidence. His mind just seems a little out of it.

I’m a huge Rory fan and I 100% agree. He says one thing and does something completely opposite. Maybe the 8 weeks off will clear out the mind and get him refocused.

I do think him playing the last couple weeks was about fulfilling a requirement/ helping a friend and /or Tour and playing the Dunhill with his Dad.

Edited by ronster, 15 October 2017 - 02:20 AM.


18

#199 elwhippy

elwhippy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3536
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 440

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:29 AM

It appears to be about cost efficiency. TM is now stand alone so they must have looked at their pro stable and thought....who can we let go with the least issues...Rors, DJ and Day all on expensive recent deals and Tiger was a shocker of a decision..I can see more being pruned as their endorsements must make a massive impact into their costs.

19



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors