Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Rakuten - Shops that won't ship to USA ... Without a Buying service

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tzoid

Tzoid

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5124
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:twallermizman
GolfWRX Likes : 166

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:54 PM

Recently a buddy wanted to purchase OnOff Irons so I directed him to TSG & Rakuten .  To make a long story short he sent me an email with details on 2015 Kuro Irons at a very low cost and said he has to use a " Private Shopper"  to purchase at the price he found the clubs on Rakuten because they will not ship direct to the USA.   Link below

http://www.bridge.jpn.com/

Long story short he purchased 2 Sets of 2015 Kuro Irons 5- PW S-200 Shafts for about 610 dollars each delivered after the shipping and Private shopper fees.  He since also purchased a 2015 Kuro Driver for about 300 dollars delivered.

The store the buyer used I wasn't able to find doing a search on Rakuten but the link to the store the "Private Shopper " sent my buddy is below.  AXIS R&D Golf  

https://item.rakuten...xisrd/10009559/

Thoughts ?

Texan raised in Maryland
ONOFF Kuro 4-PW Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120S
Ping G Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 60
Ping Anser 3 & 5 Wood  G25 Hybrid
Scratch 50, 54 & 58 degree wedges
Scotty Cameron & Crown 33" Newport 2

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 kingarthur

kingarthur

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29897
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:59 PM

You have to use the global Rakuten site instead of the Rakuten JP site.  The shops listing on yhe global site won't require you to use a forwarding service.

#3 Tzoid

Tzoid

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:14 AM

View Postkingarthur, on 07 October 2017 - 11:59 PM, said:

You have to use the global Rakuten site instead of the Rakuten JP site.  The shops listing on yhe global site won't require you to use a forwarding service.

I do but the product availability and pricing is different.  The prices he paid are much cheaper than what the Global shops sell for.  The Kuro Driver for 25,704 yen or 229 dollars US.  Plus the buying service and shipping ends up around 300 bucks delivered to the USA        Maybe this is an isolated situation ?
Texan raised in Maryland

#4 kingarthur

kingarthur

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29897
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:12 AM

View PostTzoid, on 08 October 2017 - 07:14 AM, said:

View Postkingarthur, on 07 October 2017 - 11:59 PM, said:

I do but the product availability and pricing is different.  The prices he paid are much cheaper than what the Global shops sell for.  The Kuro Driver for 25,704 yen or 229 dollars US.  Plus the buying service and shipping ends up around 300 bucks delivered to the USA        Maybe this is an isolated situation ?
not necessarily.  I think the situation might be down to duties and taxes. Also, most of the shops listing are part of a chain but the domestic listing may be more of an independent shop.

#5 Soloman1

Soloman1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 246523
GolfWRX Likes : 2983

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:57 AM

It says that this is a special price for a short period of time.

I'm quitting at 6.022 x 10^23 posts.
Avogadro would be proud.

#6 hardcaliber

hardcaliber

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108001
GolfWRX Likes : 124

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:08 AM

I have had some issues with shops not willing to ship certain products to the US when using the global site.  I assume this has to do with manufacturer mandated restrictions but I'm not sure.

I never thought of using an intermediary but it's brilliant.  I'm curious how much of a markup this creates.  It might be worth it depending on how much cheaper the items are but I would have some concern about more potential for fraud or more likely transactional inconveniences dealing with an intermediary.  I personally have mostly been using Rakuten to get Japanese items a little cheaper, rather than getting items that can't be otherwise found in the US.

#7 Kingcat990

Kingcat990

European Tailored Golf Socks

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,934 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291815
GolfWRX Likes : 1881

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:16 PM

Its not terrible. I've used a 3rd party shipping service to get my Masda FastBlades. Skeptical at first but it worked out. The vendor needs to be able to take a credit card or Paypal or even a bank transfer. I was fortunate to use PayPal with the vendor then setup an address with JpnDepot. Vendor sent my Masda's to my Japan address and they shipped them EMS. Worked out great.
Wyoming Cowboys

#8 Tzoid

Tzoid

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:30 PM

View PostKingcat990, on 10 October 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

Its not terrible. I've used a 3rd party shipping service to get my Masda FastBlades. Skeptical at first but it worked out. The vendor needs to be able to take a credit card or Paypal or even a bank transfer. I was fortunate to use PayPal with the vendor then setup an address with JpnDepot. Vendor sent my Masda's to my Japan address and they shipped them EMS. Worked out great.

My buddy used the "Private Shopper" and his Irons and Driver arrived EMS just like my purchases.  I realize he bought "Closeout" items but damn he got a smokin deal
Texan raised in Maryland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors