Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * - - 2 votes

DONT buy from this eBay seller!!!!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Duckgolfer

Duckgolfer

Dadgolfer

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116918
  • Ebay ID:windingtoy721
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:12 PM

Been on eBay for 10 years buying and selling and have never experienced this type of behavior from another seller. Bought an edel putter the second time it had been listed with no reserve for 3 DAYS and he canceled my order 3 days after the auction! I posted a picture of the exchange below. Please don't buy from this guy, couldn't believe his explanation. I created cases with eBay and PayPal to have him removed.

The frustration isn't the putter, the issue I have is the lack of sincerity and communication. If he had messaged me to say that he needed to cancel the order due to the low price I would have obliged. Instead he created a case stating I HAD ASKED to cancel the order!!!!  What a scumbag!

Posted Image

Edited by Duckgolfer, 06 October 2017 - 11:13 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Conrad1953

Conrad1953

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,505 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66402
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:cobicreations
GolfWRX Likes : 39562

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:17 PM

I've had sellers cancel; one withing 30 minutes of the auction ending. The
reason given as the item was no longer available. I just let it go; not worth
the aggravation and the seller refunded my money immediately.
Ping G25 10.5 degree w/PL Blue 65S
Ping G15 4 wood w/PL Blue 65S
Ping G10 18 and 21 Hybrids w PL Blue HY S
    Ping S58 Irons 4-P with Ping AWT R
    Ping Gorge Wedges 52 and 58 w/CFS Wedge  
   Odyssey White Hot Tour #1

Member #3---------Outlaw Golf Association
   Non Physics Geezer Division

#3 Duckgolfer

Duckgolfer

Dadgolfer

• 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116918
  • Ebay ID:windingtoy721
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:37 PM

View PostConrad1953, on 06 October 2017 - 11:17 PM, said:

Totally had that happen to, however this was 3 days after the item had been purchased, and the reasoning was I had requested the cancellation. This is done to avoid having to eat the final value fee for the sale. I have already messaged him and will move on, it just infuriates me to see people's arrogance and disregard for common courtesy.

#4 Conrad1953

Conrad1953

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,505 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66402
  • Ebay ID:cobicreations
GolfWRX Likes : 39562

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:43 PM

View PostDuckgolfer, on 06 October 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

View PostConrad1953, on 06 October 2017 - 11:17 PM, said:

Totally had that happen to, however this was 3 days after the item had been purchased, and the reasoning was I had requested the cancellation. This is done to avoid having to eat the final value fee for the sale. I have already messaged him and will move on, it just infuriates me to see people's arrogance and disregard for common courtesy.

I agree. Seller full of BS and should be avoided.
Ping G25 10.5 degree w/PL Blue 65S
Ping G15 4 wood w/PL Blue 65S
Ping G10 18 and 21 Hybrids w PL Blue HY S
    Ping S58 Irons 4-P with Ping AWT R
    Ping Gorge Wedges 52 and 58 w/CFS Wedge  
   Odyssey White Hot Tour #1

Member #3---------Outlaw Golf Association
   Non Physics Geezer Division

#5 disco111

disco111

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 386826
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:N/A
GolfWRX Likes : 353

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:21 PM

"it just infuriates me to see people's arrogance and disregard for common courtesy."

Welcome to the new "not improved" American............better known as the "Me" generation........... :stink: :pardon:

Edited by disco111, 07 October 2017 - 06:22 PM.

#6 Medic

Medic

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132567
  • Handicap:5.8
GolfWRX Likes : 6768

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:52 PM

There was a time when an eBay sale was essentially a contract and eBay, while remaining neutral, would not allow the deal to be broken without just cause. Your price not being met wasn't one of them.

OP, your seller is a tool and is one to be avoided. With only 9 feedback he isn't a truly trustworthy seller anyway.

Send him one final PM and let him know that hundreds of thousands of golfers now know how he goes about doing things and think he's a scumbag. Might not matter to him (probably not actually because most scumbags know they are and don't really care) but it might make you feel a bit better about the deal knowing you essentially had the last word.

Really a shame what eBay has become now. Sure, I get it - "where else are you going to have your ad seen....yada yada..."
But at some point, those who are veterans of eBay came to realize it was changing for the worse (been on there since 99) and were saddened by the stupid changes that have allowed it to become the wild west.
And worst of all you can't even hit him with a well deserved negative feedback because of how he shut down the deal.
Callaway XR-16 w/Fujikura Evolution Speeder in 12.5*
Callaway XR-16 4W w/Fujikura Evolution Speeded (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Apex CF16 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Slate 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Odyssey Versa 9 34"
Callaway Chrome Soft

#7 oxtail

oxtail

<~~{•+•}~~€

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 428602
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:18 PM

Happens a lot.. they just relist slightly higher and higher all while cancelling successful auctions. It’s a wonder anything ever gets sold. That weird tongue in cheek nose thumbing they did via pm is super weird though. I wonder if they’re like that in real life...

#8 Medic

Medic

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:33 AM

The sad thing about all of this is the total lack of any accountability. They can cancel sales on a whim and they aren't out anything.

Imagine a world where you could trace them down and actually knock on their door. "Hi John, my name is Bob and I am here to get my driver. I was the highest bidder, you didn't have a reserve and my friends and I here are going to pay you what I bid and leave with it. Now go and get my driver, please. Any questions?"

And this happens over and over. The "Accountability Squad", comprised of retired police officers BTW to make certain everything done is legal, goes around finding eBay scammers and making things right. Didn't ship? No problem - the "AS" shows up and forces the right thing to happen. Shipped something broken? Again the "AS" shows up with the broken item and obtains a refund. Tried to cancel a righteous sale? Naw, you're going to give up the merchandise to the "AS".

I know it's an outrageous "dream" but like I said, the whole reason people online pull crap like this all of the time is because, simply stated, they can. And there is little if any accountability at this point to slow it down.
Titleist Vokey 50*
Odyssey Versa 9 34"
Callaway Chrome Soft

#9 Evolved

Evolved

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50534
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:39 AM

Ebay is becoming a waste of time. Feedback means nothing.

I bought a new m2 3 woods for $160.00 on a one day auction and the seller refused to ship so I left negative feedback. The seller called ebay, complained about the negative feedback and Ebay removed my negative comment.  Spam listings by people like prosouthgolf are becoming a headache as well. Literately a thousand identical items being listed which make it difficult to scroll through and find the items you actually want.

#10 Medic

Medic

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:47 AM

View PostEvolved, on 08 October 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

Ebay is becoming a waste of time. Feedback means nothing.

I bought a new m2 3 woods for $160.00 on a one day auction and the seller refused to ship so I left negative feedback. The seller called ebay, complained about the negative feedback and Ebay removed my negative comment.  Spam listings by people like prosouthgolf are becoming a headache as well. Literately a thousand identical items being listed which make it difficult to scroll through and find the items you actually want.

Had something similar happen. Paid for item, seller did not ship for two weeks. Filed PP complaint. Netted a refund. Left negative feedback - and eBay removed the negative because the transaction "had not been completed". I called eBay and spoke to a CS rep - that is about 15 minutes of my life I won't ever get back. Total waste of time. She basically read and stuck to a script.

Complete and total lack of accountability and/or common sense.

Titleist Vokey 50*
Odyssey Versa 9 34"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 BiggErn

BiggErn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479312
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:49 PM

Maybe you should make a dummy eBay account and bid a crazy amount then not pay. Tell him there’s nothing he can do.

#12 splawsky

splawsky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406440
  • Ebay ID:splawsky
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:48 PM

View PostMedic, on 08 October 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

The sad thing about all of this is the total lack of any accountability. They can cancel sales on a whim and they aren't out anything.

Imagine a world where you could trace them down and actually knock on their door. "Hi John, my name is Bob and I am here to get my driver. I was the highest bidder, you didn't have a reserve and my friends and I here are going to pay you what I bid and leave with it. Now go and get my driver, please. Any questions?"

And this happens over and over. The "Accountability Squad", comprised of retired police officers BTW to make certain everything done is legal, goes around finding eBay scammers and making things right. Didn't ship? No problem - the "AS" shows up and forces the right thing to happen. Shipped something broken? Again the "AS" shows up with the broken item and obtains a refund. Tried to cancel a righteous sale? Naw, you're going to give up the merchandise to the "AS".

I know it's an outrageous "dream" but like I said, the whole reason people online pull crap like this all of the time is because, simply stated, they can. And there is little if any accountability at this point to slow it down.
I would like to enter my name for consideration to become a member of the upstate New York chapter of the Online Auction A.S.

#13 Medic

Medic

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:48 PM

View PostBiggErn, on 08 October 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

Maybe you should make a dummy eBay account and bid a crazy amount then not pay. Tell him there’s nothing he can do.

I like your style.

Thinking about it if enough people started doing this which would make it harder on eBay then they might actually try to get a handle of the situation going both ways.

But then again - probably not. Unfortunately eBay is now all about their profits. No longer the middle man, all neutral and such, they tend to take sides and protect those who should not be protected while not stepping up for those who deserved it.

I keep hoping that someone will come along and give them some competition. Theirs is the epitome of why a monopoly is never a good thing.
Titleist Vokey 50*
Odyssey Versa 9 34"
Callaway Chrome Soft

#14 lil'mike

lil'mike

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 436656
  • Ebay ID:mrgolf2k
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:50 PM

Yeah Ebay don't care as it's all about the fees they collect.  

This is why there are shill bidders to constantly bid up the price on auctions that don't have reserves or buy it now pricing.  Take a look at "ksouth9" auctions for an example and click on one of the repeat bidders.  You will see that they bid on alot of items which is merely to raise the price up to where the seller actually wants to sell the items at.
WITB
Callaway XR16 Pro 9 degree driver
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+ 16 degree FW
Callaway Big Bertha 4H 22 degree
Tommy Armour 845s Oversize Plus, 4-PW
Cleveland 588 black RTX 2 CB 54 and 58 degrees
Odyssey Works Versa V-line
Chrome Soft or Chrome Soft X (yellow or yellow/black Truvis)

#15 sandtrap

sandtrap

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115880
  • Ebay ID:sandtrap14
GolfWRX Likes : 56

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:56 PM

As a seller on ebay I can say that they take the buyers side 99% of the time. Seller with 3500 pos feed back vs ahole w 0 feedback, 0 feedback gets the benefit of the doubt

#16 BiggErn

BiggErn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479312
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:14 PM

View PostMedic, on 08 October 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

View PostBiggErn, on 08 October 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

I like your style.

Thinking about it if enough people started doing this which would make it harder on eBay then they might actually try to get a handle of the situation going both ways.

But then again - probably not. Unfortunately eBay is now all about their profits. No longer the middle man, all neutral and such, they tend to take sides and protect those who should not be protected while not stepping up for those who deserved it.

I keep hoping that someone will come along and give them some competition. Theirs is the epitome of why a monopoly is never a good thing.

I was half joking. Karma will get him in the end. If you don’t want to sell at a low price then list it at the price you want. eBay should enforce this regardless of seller reputation and feedback. Someone mentioned the ksouth seller who cancels orders or says something isn’t in stock if it sells lower than they want. That’s utter bs. How can you even list something if you don’t have it?

#17 Ldub22

Ldub22

Rookie

• 42 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 421814
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:03 AM

View Postsandtrap, on 08 October 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

As a seller on ebay I can say that they take the buyers side 99% of the time. Seller with 3500 pos feed back vs ahole w 0 feedback, 0 feedback gets the benefit of the doubt

Completely agree 100%. I've sold on eBay for 10 plus years and it's gotten really bad lately. A buyer can send back anything regardless of proof or photos and the money is stripped out of your PayPal account. eBay doesn't care if the item was damaged or not by the buyer because photos can be photoshopped/faked and this is eBay's reasoning. So a buyer can send back anything for any reason even if they damage it and get a full refund and there is nothing the seller can do, crazy.

#18 Medic

Medic

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:10 PM

View PostLdub22, on 10 October 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

View Postsandtrap, on 08 October 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

Completely agree 100%. I've sold on eBay for 10 plus years and it's gotten really bad lately. A buyer can send back anything regardless of proof or photos and the money is stripped out of your PayPal account. eBay doesn't care if the item was damaged or not by the buyer because photos can be photoshopped/faked and this is eBay's reasoning. So a buyer can send back anything for any reason even if they damage it and get a full refund and there is nothing the seller can do, crazy.

Exactly why I completely stopped selling on there. It isn't a fair playing field and I would prefer to take a bit of a hit and trade it in or sell it to a buddy in need. No muss and no fuss - and no chance of a return then.
Titleist Vokey 50*
Odyssey Versa 9 34"
Callaway Chrome Soft

#19 magnus7319

magnus7319

A hungry dog hunts best - Lee Trevino

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65254
  • Handicap:+2.2
GolfWRX Likes : 343

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:32 PM

I try to limit my buying and selling to WRX. I avoid eBay fees and people here are way more reliable. I might have to wait to find something specific but that's ok.

Oh and I'd be pretty upset if I received a message like that after winning an auction
R1 or G30 or ?
Titleist 712u
Cally X-Forged or Srixon 545
Vokey 54
PM Grind 58
I love/hate every one of my 17 putters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors