Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Petco Park - Links at the Park 2017!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stanks

Stanks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469442
  • Handicap:?
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:49 PM

B's and G's,

I just arrived back from this event and just WOW.

I didn't play this in the previous year or two as previously offered but, now that I am on the list, we will have priority email heads up for the future events. That is a perk of its own.

Callaway / Padres teamed up to put on an incredible venue and course. I played with the Regular Package (100$ Ticket I believe - it was a gift for me). Callaway furnished all of the clubs (Wedges / MD3's) and Irons (Steelhead and I believe Apex?). Strongest club I used was a 9 iron. The balls supplied included Superhot 55, Warbirds, and I believe Hex-Soft in white and green.

The entrance / start up is very nice with a small Callaway / Links store mash up with a couple of apparel goods, balls, hats, and a few personalized wedges which looked real nice.

We had "Caddys" which were basically cheerleaders / peppy upbeat staff which kept score, kept you all happy and upbeat, offered to help / keep conversation going and make sure the mood was happy. Ours was April and she was definitely enjoying her time with us and made sure we were too.

Every hole had a rep or expert to help tell you yardage, assist with club recommendations if you don't play, etc. etc. Most of these guys / gals were cool and helped out.

A weird part of the whole thing was that the course prints and yardages were wrong. My buddy brought his range finder and it measured a bit different than what was posted on the score cards. Not a big deal. We cheat so we had a range finder with slope but hey, this isn't USGA.

A couple stand out things included the bar, food, and drink staff. They were quick and the deals were awesome. The course was fun. The people were more fun. There were a few benefits and mulligan holes where you could get extra balls and those are nice as well. Seeing yourself on the big screen is fun.

Overall, I recommend that anyone that CAN do this, DOES DO THIS. I turned a Sleeve of Callaway Padre Truvis into a DOZEN on the 5th hole by getting a birdie.

Golf makes me mad. Paintball calms me down.

Callaway Epic Sub-Zero 10.5 / Diamana D+ White 70 X
Cobra F7 3 Wood 14.5
Cobra F7 3-4 Hybrid 19.5
Mizuno MP-18s SC 4-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*
Callaway MD3 54* & 64*.
Scotty Cameron 5W 33" w/ Tour SNSR Grip
TP5, Vice Pro+, Nike Razn Black / Platinum, CS Truvis, Anything BUT ProV1s.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 MB Dirtyy

MB Dirtyy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 179648
GolfWRX Likes : 177

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:14 PM

Nice! I played last year and going to play this Sunday. Probably going to be my last time though because man did they jack up the price.

#3 Stanks

Stanks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469442
  • Handicap:?
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:24 PM

How'd you like it?

I was thinking that there is such a huge presence in San Diego with golf companies including Taylor Made, Cobra, Callaway, Scotty Cameron / Titelist, etc. THere seems like a lot of opportunity for these other companies to do the same or something alike.

THer was a lot of good that happened with this and from the conversations I had with a bunch of friends that work at the park, it was another huge success.
Golf makes me mad. Paintball calms me down.

Callaway Epic Sub-Zero 10.5 / Diamana D+ White 70 X
Cobra F7 3 Wood 14.5
Cobra F7 3-4 Hybrid 19.5
Mizuno MP-18s SC 4-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*
Callaway MD3 54* & 64*.
Scotty Cameron 5W 33" w/ Tour SNSR Grip
TP5, Vice Pro+, Nike Razn Black / Platinum, CS Truvis, Anything BUT ProV1s.

#4 MB Dirtyy

MB Dirtyy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 179648
GolfWRX Likes : 177

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:49 AM

It was cool! I liked the free alcohol hole and donuts hole.

Although I do think last years holes were more fun than this years, imo. I missed the extreme weather hole where you stand in front of a huuuuge fan while the rest of your foursome can spray mist from the bottles they provided.

I wish they also brought back the spin the wheel hole. You spin a wheel prior to hitting your shots. Half of the spots are rewards and half of the other spots are "punishments". My spin landed on "beer goggles" and I had to put on beer goggles during my shot. So fun.

Also last year, there was a hole where you could swing old hickory clubs.

Lastly, the last hole last year, of you hit the about a 5'x5' green, you'd get a full bag and fitting or what not of Callaway clubs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors