Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

"The Dude" Odyssey/Toulon head cover


66 replies to this topic

#31 Optimus-Par

Optimus-Par

    Transform, and roll putts.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70639
  • Joined: 12/11/2008
  • Location:White Marsh, MD
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:24 AM

 ruffellprefley, on 05 October 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

Where do you get the $180 price tag? I see Toulon limited head covers on odyssey's site that started at 99.99.  http://www.odysseygolf.com/limited-edition/toulon-design-accessories/

I can't find any garage HCs on the site.

Just incorporating some movie quotes.  Walter is outraged at the price of the urn for Donnie's ashes and the funeral director claims that it is their modestly priced receptacle and that some are up to $3000.

I do not know any pricing information.

~ Bag is TRANSFORMING ~

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 pbcolt

pbcolt

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168789
  • Joined: 03/11/2012
  • Location:Portland
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:33 AM

$180 for a HC probably made overseas!?  But then again, the Chinaman is not the issue here.

2

#33 KYMAR

KYMAR

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,693 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99014
  • Joined: 11/22/2009
  • Location:Cleveland, Oh
GolfWRX Likes : 13489

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:58 AM

 pbcolt, on 05 October 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

$180 for a HC probably made overseas!?  But then again, the Chinaman is not the issue here.

Um, yeah, that is not the preferred nomenclature.
Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided   
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0   
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60   
White Hot 6 Long Neck

3

#34 ruffellprefley

ruffellprefley

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445654
  • Joined: 11/04/2016
  • Location:Oregon
  • Ebay ID:ruffellprefley22
GolfWRX Likes : 451

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

 Optimus-Par, on 05 October 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

 ruffellprefley, on 05 October 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

Where do you get the $180 price tag? I see Toulon limited head covers on odyssey's site that started at 99.99.  http://www.odysseygolf.com/limited-edition/toulon-design-accessories/

I can't find any garage HCs on the site.

Just incorporating some movie quotes.  Walter is outraged at the price of the urn for Donnie's ashes and the funeral director claims that it is their modestly priced receptacle and that some are up to $3000.

I do not know any pricing information.

I guess that was more for the person who first threw out the 180 price tag more than you who posted right before me. I'm picking up what everyone's throwing down on quotes

4

#35 bcflyguy1

bcflyguy1

    Enjoying my coffee...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120229
  • Joined: 01/08/2011
  • Location:My own kind of paradise
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 917

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:09 PM

I didn't watch my buddies lie face down in the muck so that we could turn this thread into a bunch of movie quotes...oh, wait a sec...

Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right.
WITB Link

5

#36 ProjectX_Mizuno

ProjectX_Mizuno

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58891
  • Joined: 06/25/2008
  • Handicap:+1.2
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:27 PM

Wow! Amazing

6

#37 Mr. Batman

Mr. Batman

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251482
  • Joined: 05/19/2013
  • Location:Lewisville
  • Ebay ID:mr_bat_man
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:46 PM

You mark that hole an 8, and you're entering a world of pain.
M2 - PROJECT X 5.5
PING G10 3W
PING G10 18*
ADAMS XTD 5-PW MATRIX OZIK Q85
SCOR 51,55,59
SCOTTY CAMERON FUTURA X

7

#38 Frank The Shank

Frank The Shank

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 429724
  • Joined: 06/20/2016
  • Location:Troy, Illinois
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:02 PM

Classic movie!!!!!my boxer's official name was labowski but we called him DUDE...

8

#39 BCULAW

BCULAW

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2307
  • Joined: 07/08/2005
  • Location:Midlothian, VA
  • Ebay ID:bculaw
GolfWRX Likes : 1638

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:26 PM

This thread is pure gold!

Oh, and I know there's a lot of concern about price and whether they will offer a mallet cover, but just remember ...

You want a mallet cover? I can get you a mallet cover, believe me. Hell, I can get you a mallet cover by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with Velcro or magnet closure. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.

Edited by BCULAW, 05 October 2017 - 06:30 PM.


9

#40 Jwin323

Jwin323

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,141 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 398184
  • Joined: 10/02/2015
  • Location:SoCal
  • Handicap:3-7
GolfWRX Likes : 675

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:56 PM

 GOUFGO, on 05 October 2017 - 08:08 AM, said:

I think the carpet pissers did this

8 year olds, Dude.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 Dr.Frankenputz

Dr.Frankenputz

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426654
  • Joined: 05/25/2016
  • Location:Wisconsin
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 116

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:56 PM

I am the walrus.

11

#42 Mr. Batman

Mr. Batman

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251482
  • Joined: 05/19/2013
  • Location:Lewisville
  • Ebay ID:mr_bat_man
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:24 PM

I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.
M2 - PROJECT X 5.5
PING G10 3W
PING G10 18*
ADAMS XTD 5-PW MATRIX OZIK Q85
SCOR 51,55,59
SCOTTY CAMERON FUTURA X

12

#43 PZero

PZero

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,921 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129810
  • Joined: 05/30/2011
  • Location:Ohio
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 7106

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:02 PM

I ordered this last week and when it arrived, the box was full of dirty undies.
R11s 9° Whiteboad 63S
Titleist 913F 15°
TM R9 19°
Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
Vokey TVD 56°, SM5 60°
Studio Select Newport

13

#44 grm24

grm24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
  • Location:Western PA
GolfWRX Likes : 886

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:07 PM

 Dr.Frankenputz, on 05 October 2017 - 08:56 PM, said:

I am the walrus.
Coo Coo Cachoo Ca Coo Coo Cachoo

14

#45 whiteout73

whiteout73

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7666
  • Joined: 11/11/2005
  • Handicap:1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 257

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:33 PM

 grm24, on 05 October 2017 - 11:07 PM, said:

 Dr.Frankenputz, on 05 October 2017 - 08:56 PM, said:

I am the walrus.
Coo Coo Cachoo Ca Coo Coo Cachoo

V.I Lenin, Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov

You're out of your element

D -    Ping G400 10-degree, Ping Tour 65-S
3W - Tour Issue TM RBZ Tour TP 14.5, Diamana kai'li 70S
Hy -  TaylorMade 2009 Rescue TP 19, Aldila RIP 85S
4-P - Ping i25, Ping TFC 189i graphite stiff
GW - Ping Tour Gorge 50
SW - TaylorMade RAC TP Y-cutter 54
LW -  Ping Glide ES 58
P -     Bettinardi BB28 Raw Limited

15

#46 Schnee

Schnee

    Jacket Enthusiast

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138338
  • Joined: 09/03/2011
  • Location:Northeast
  • Handicap:0.0
  • Ebay ID:pinnacle27201
GolfWRX Likes : 2718

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:53 PM

Blade only, no mallet cover?! This aggression will not stand, man!
"Grasshopper breaks wing
soars with Master's healing words.
Winter grounds him"

-Hawkeye77

Becky Johnson Award Nominee 2016

Taylormade 2017 M2 10.5* Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70X
Callaway Epic Hybrid 20* Graphite Design AD-DI 95X
Callaway Epic Hybrid 23* Graphite Design AD-DI 105X
Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-PW Aerotech Steelfiber i95
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged Slate 50,54,58

Taylormade Spider Tour Black "Paulina"

Posted Image

16

#47 evenStephen

evenStephen

    Newbie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 235983
  • Joined: 03/09/2013
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:4.4
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:30 PM

Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

I need the headcover; blade or mallet. Pricing shouldn't be an issue.

This will really tie my bag together.

17

#48 JayJar Binks

JayJar Binks

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 764
  • Joined: 05/24/2005
  • Location:31st State
  • Handicap:5-15
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:51 PM

What a bunch of powder asses
915D2 SPEEDER 661 2.0 X
FLY Z+ 15 ROMBAX P95 X
FLY Z+ 19 ROMBAX P95 X
716 T-MB 3 X100
714 AP2 X100

VOKEY 200 TOUR SM4 RAW  54 S400
VOKEY 200 TOUR SM4 RAW  60 S400

ODYSSEY TOUR BUTANE MXM #1 35"

18

#49 Hakko

Hakko

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 142691
  • Joined: 10/15/2011
  • Location:NC Triangle
  • Handicap:6.6
GolfWRX Likes : 432

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:58 PM

Ve believe in nossing!
Taylormade M1 460, 9.5º Kuro Kage S
Taylormade M1 15º, Matrix Black Tie S
Titleist 910h 19º, Diamana Kai'li S
Royal Collection BBD VS, Shimada S
Seemore Z2, 36"
Ben Hogan  51º, 55º, 59º, Nippon NS 950

19

#50 aupga

aupga

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 459464
  • Joined: 03/17/2017
  • Location:Alabama
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:59 PM

 PZero, on 05 October 2017 - 10:02 PM, said:

I ordered this last week and when it arrived, the box was full of dirty undies.

that was a ringer, mine was the real cover

Seriously, I don't know anything about Odyssey covers, when would pricing come out?

Edited by aupga, 06 October 2017 - 04:00 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 KYMAR

KYMAR

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,693 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99014
  • Joined: 11/22/2009
  • Location:Cleveland, Oh
GolfWRX Likes : 13489

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:17 PM

 evenStephen, on 06 October 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

I need the headcover; blade or mallet. Pricing shouldn't be an issue.

This will really tie my bag together.

You can't just roll off a quote! You have to incorporate it into the thread about the head cover!!!

Am I the only one around here who gives a s*** about the rules?!
Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided   
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0   
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60   
White Hot 6 Long Neck

21

#52 Ed Settle

Ed Settle

    #InsideTMAG

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,964 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64299
  • Joined: 08/27/2008
  • Location:Indianapolis, IN
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 1440

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:39 PM

 KYMAR, on 06 October 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

 evenStephen, on 06 October 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

I need the headcover; blade or mallet. Pricing shouldn't be an issue.

This will really tie my bag together.

You can't just roll off a quote! You have to incorporate it into the thread about the head cover!!!

Am I the only one around here who gives a s*** about the rules?!

Yes
Twitter: @Ed_Settle

Driver: TM 2017 M1 460 10.5 Graphite Design TP-6 X
Fairway: TM 2016 M2 3/15* Graphite Design Tour AD TP-7 Stiff
Hybrid: Open
Driving Iron: TM P-790 4/23* Nippon Modus 105 S
Irons: TM P-770 4-PW Nippon Modus 105 S
Wedges: TM MG 50SB/54LB/58HB Modus 105
Putter: Toulon Garage Rochester 34", First of Madison #11/100 34", Garage Colts Blue Indianapolis 34"
Ball: TM TP5

My WITB

22

#53 NicholasP

NicholasP

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10548
  • Joined: 01/26/2006
  • Ebay ID:5661Nicholas
GolfWRX Likes : 166

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:50 PM

 Ed Settle, on 06 October 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

 KYMAR, on 06 October 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

 evenStephen, on 06 October 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

I need the headcover; blade or mallet. Pricing shouldn't be an issue.

This will really tie my bag together.

You can't just roll off a quote! You have to incorporate it into the thread about the head cover!!!

Am I the only one around here who gives a s*** about the rules?!

Yes

This isn't Nam Smokey, there are rules.

23

#54 yaz75

yaz75

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 166059
  • Joined: 02/25/2012
  • Location:Mesa, AZ
  • Handicap:9.7
  • Ebay ID:yaz75
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:03 AM

 KYMAR, on 06 October 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

 evenStephen, on 06 October 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

I need the headcover; blade or mallet. Pricing shouldn't be an issue.

This will really tie my bag together.

You can't just roll off a quote! You have to incorporate it into the thread about the head cover!!!

Am I the only one around here who gives a s*** about the rules?!

OVER THE LINE!!!!

24

#55 gmangolf

gmangolf

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45391
  • Joined: 01/08/2008
  • Location:Madison, WI
  • Handicap:2.5
GolfWRX Likes : 290

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:22 PM

I might buy a Toulon putter just to have something to put this on.,.


25

#56 Ed Settle

Ed Settle

    #InsideTMAG

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,964 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64299
  • Joined: 08/27/2008
  • Location:Indianapolis, IN
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 1440

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:21 AM

 gmangolf, on 08 October 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

I might buy a Toulon putter just to have something to put this on.,.

I think that's a great idea!
Twitter: @Ed_Settle

Driver: TM 2017 M1 460 10.5 Graphite Design TP-6 X
Fairway: TM 2016 M2 3/15* Graphite Design Tour AD TP-7 Stiff
Hybrid: Open
Driving Iron: TM P-790 4/23* Nippon Modus 105 S
Irons: TM P-770 4-PW Nippon Modus 105 S
Wedges: TM MG 50SB/54LB/58HB Modus 105
Putter: Toulon Garage Rochester 34", First of Madison #11/100 34", Garage Colts Blue Indianapolis 34"
Ball: TM TP5

My WITB

26

#57 Shilgy

Shilgy

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 235237
  • Joined: 03/07/2013
  • Location:Phoenix
  • Handicap:1.7
GolfWRX Likes : 4748

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:28 PM

 ruffellprefley, on 05 October 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

 Optimus-Par, on 05 October 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

 ruffellprefley, on 05 October 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

Where do you get the $180 price tag? I see Toulon limited head covers on odyssey's site that started at 99.99.  http://www.odysseygolf.com/limited-edition/toulon-design-accessories/

I can't find any garage HCs on the site.

Just incorporating some movie quotes.  Walter is outraged at the price of the urn for Donnie's ashes and the funeral director claims that it is their modestly priced receptacle and that some are up to $3000.

I do not know any pricing information.

I guess that was more for the person who first threw out the 180 price tag more than you who posted right before me. I'm picking up what everyone's throwing down on quotes
Good job guys 👎 Now there will be a bunch of guys on that internet thingy just KNOWING that Toulon charges $180 and up for headcovers. :(
TM M1 8.5*  Tensei Pro White 50TX
TM M1 3w 14*  Kuro Kage 70X
Srixon U65 18° Atmos Red 7s
Adams A12 UST Silver S 21°
Srixon Z765 5-PW Nippon Pro Modus3 125S
Cleveland  RTX CB 50* 54* 58* Nippon 125 wedge
Toulon Garage Rochester

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened .  :)

27

#58 Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 225273
  • Joined: 01/29/2013
  • Location:Georgia
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:34 PM

I can get you a putter cover by 3 o'clock Dude

28

#59 tokeyb

tokeyb

    Gonna get better

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426358
  • Joined: 05/23/2016
  • Location:Omaha
  • Handicap:9.9
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:51 PM

I didn't 'bring it golfing'. I didn't buy it shoes. It isn't taking a turn.
Besides, Dude, it's a show putter cover. It has papers.  You can't just board it.
Driver in development!
Ping Tisi Tec 14* (but just picked up an M2 HL, so lookout!)
TM Burner Rescue 5 (24*)
Ping i200 (4-U)
Ping Glide 2.0 (54*, 58*)
Odyssey Versa 1W, Flatso 2.0

Right at single digits - gonna get better.

29

#60 pga2b

pga2b

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18322
  • Joined: 08/24/2006
  • Location:Edmond, OK
  • Handicap:+1
  • Ebay ID:mickdawg76
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:16 PM

Legit!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors