Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

New PGA tour drug testing policy

99 replies to this topic

#91 DON SVO

DON SVO

Hacker in progress...

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99396
GolfWRX Likes : 357

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:07 AM

View PostSixcat, on 12 October 2017 - 06:10 AM, said:

It's no guarantee HGH would be detected even using the WADA protocol.  Again, I would recommend watching "Icarus" on Netflix to see just how simple the WADA protocol is to beat!

I agree, this is standard operating procedure.  Not just in all forms of athletics but Hollywood and beyond as well.

On that note... A lot of people either forgot or didn't realize that the reason Clemens and Bonds kept skating the testing was because they were using a couple of drugs that testing companies didn't even know existed. Testing accuracy is only as good as the intended subject.

A bag of left-handed junk

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#92 Outlier

Outlier

OUTLIER

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105230
  • Handicap:1906
GolfWRX Likes : 279

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:23 PM

View PostShilgy, on 11 October 2017 - 11:45 AM, said:

View Postraynorfan1, on 11 October 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

View PostShilgy, on 11 October 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

What are they using then in your opinion? You stated over 90% of pros are cheating. If not steroids/HGH what are they using?

I'll take a shot at this. From the WADA List ("International Prohibited Substance List 2017"), I think golfers are using:

Testosterone;
Any or all of the "Narcotics" family: heroin, oxycodone, hydromorphone, etc;
Cannabinoids (there is, in fact, an entire thread on this board discussing how commonplace it is on Tour);
Beta-blockers;
Human Growth Hormone.
In previous posts both you and Outlier are saying 90% + cheat using ped's. Half of the above listings you have are not-imo at least-ped's but they are against the wada rules. Do you define ALL substances against the wada rules as being a ped? Is that your logic? Cannabis? Narcotics?

My belief is they "all" use HGH as an industry standard baseline that any serious athletic trainer at that $ level would recommend "since there is virtually no downside risk" to health or of getting caught.

#93 Outlier

Outlier

OUTLIER

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105230
  • Handicap:1906
GolfWRX Likes : 279

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:25 PM

View PostDON SVO, on 12 October 2017 - 08:07 AM, said:

View PostSixcat, on 12 October 2017 - 06:10 AM, said:

It's no guarantee HGH would be detected even using the WADA protocol.  Again, I would recommend watching "Icarus" on Netflix to see just how simple the WADA protocol is to beat!

I agree, this is standard operating procedure.  Not just in all forms of athletics but Hollywood and beyond as well.

On that note... A lot of people either forgot or didn't realize that the reason Clemens and Bonds kept skating the testing was because they were using a couple of drugs that testing companies didn't even know existed. Testing accuracy is only as good as the intended subject.

Which is why WADA keeping the blood on file for future testing gets folks attention.

#94 Shilgy

Shilgy

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,913 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 235237
  • Handicap:1.7
GolfWRX Likes : 4767

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:05 PM

Interesting reading. One that the blood spinning Tiger and others used, that many like to scream about a is now legal.

https://billypenn.co...lly-not-doping/

I will say, and y'all can certainly tell I'm not an expert, based on a few articles I feel a lot better about the golf tours going forward than I do the NFL.

https://www.wada-ama...one-hgh-testing

https://breakingmusc...-growth-hormone

NFL
https://www.deseretn...L-injuries.html
TM M1 8.5*  Tensei Pro White 50TX
TM M1 3w 14*  Kuro Kage 70X
Srixon U65 18° Atmos Red 7s
Adams A12 UST Silver S 21°
Srixon Z765 5-PW Nippon Pro Modus3 125S
Cleveland  RTX CB 50* 54* 58* Nippon 125 wedge
Toulon Garage Rochester

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened .  :)

#95 aabcuue

aabcuue

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107273
  • Ebay ID:aabcuue
GolfWRX Likes : 80

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:24 PM

View PostMr. Herbert, on 04 October 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

View PostShilgy, on 04 October 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

View PostCircaflex, on 04 October 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

View PostCool Hand Luke, on 04 October 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

never made sense to me why a golfer would want to take HGH or anabolic steroids

I am surprised how often people say this. One of the main benefits of HGH is helping recover from injury. It helps keep the player on the field, similar to why a basketball player would take HGH. They aren't trying to get big, they want to help decrease recovery time, especially at the end of a season.

View Postsandy, on 04 October 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

Hopefully it is applied to the Long Drive participants as well.. HMM!!!
We'd be left with like one or two competitors then, ha. It is pretty obvious, most of those guys are taking steroids.
They must have the worst testing program then because they have been clean and testing for years.
  Too many of us lazy guys think all buff guys are cheating.

Nobody ever flunked a drug test. They just flunked in their ability to mask it.

No, there have been failed tests but not publicized.

Remember pros would not play a tournament or take a break and no o e would know why.

a 17TM M1 460 9.5* RogueMax 70s 45"
b 16Cobra KingLtd9* Rogue SilverI/O 110msi 60s 45" 1"tip
c Ping G25 8.5* Tour 70x 45"

Titleist 915fd 15* RIP Phenom70s 1"tip
Cobra BafflerPro19* SpeederProS .5"tip
Cobra Baffler RailH23* SpeederProS

CallawayX20Tour 5-pw ProjectX 6.0 +.5"
Vokey Sm5 raw aw51*, sw56*, lw60*
Cameron FuturaX SuperStroke Fatso5.0

#96 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,501 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
GolfWRX Likes : 4835

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:49 AM

View Postaabcuue, on 12 October 2017 - 08:24 PM, said:

View PostMr. Herbert, on 04 October 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

View PostShilgy, on 04 October 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

View PostCircaflex, on 04 October 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

I am surprised how often people say this. One of the main benefits of HGH is helping recover from injury. It helps keep the player on the field, similar to why a basketball player would take HGH. They aren't trying to get big, they want to help decrease recovery time, especially at the end of a season.

View Postsandy, on 04 October 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

Hopefully it is applied to the Long Drive participants as well.. HMM!!!
We'd be left with like one or two competitors then, ha. It is pretty obvious, most of those guys are taking steroids.
They must have the worst testing program then because they have been clean and testing for years.
  Too many of us lazy guys think all buff guys are cheating.

Nobody ever flunked a drug test. They just flunked in their ability to mask it.

No, there have been failed tests but not publicized.

Remember pros would not play a tournament or take a break and no o e would know why.

There has never ever been a failed test for PEDs that hasnít been publicized.   Not once.  The only failed test that werenít made public were failed test for recreational drug use.  All positives for PEDS have always been made public

#97 raynorfan1

raynorfan1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119065
GolfWRX Likes : 685

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:20 AM

View Postiteachgolf, on 13 October 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

There has never ever been a failed test for PEDs that hasn't been publicized.   Not once.  The only failed test that weren't made public were failed test for recreational drug use.  All positives for PEDS have always been made public

I mean, how do you know?

"There has never been a suspension that the PGA Tour didn't tell us about"

uh

If they didn't tell us about it, how do you know it never happened?

#98 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • 14,501 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:29 AM

View Postraynorfan1, on 13 October 2017 - 09:20 AM, said:

View Postiteachgolf, on 13 October 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

There has never ever been a failed test for PEDs that hasn't been publicized.   Not once.  The only failed test that weren't made public were failed test for recreational drug use.  All positives for PEDS have always been made public

I mean, how do you know?

"There has never been a suspension that the PGA Tour didn't tell us about"

uh

If they didn't tell us about it, how do you know it never happened?

Because Iíve taught players who have failed drug test and I know what the policy has been.  All PED related suspensions are a minimum of 1 year.  Not a few events.  

And if youíre going to quote me actually quote me.  Donít change what I said.  I was very specific about failed test for PEDs.  For recreational drugs the tour has kept those private until now so players could hide the fact they failed.

#99 raynorfan1

raynorfan1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119065
GolfWRX Likes : 685

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:37 AM

View Postiteachgolf, on 13 October 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

Because I've taught players who have failed drug test and I know what the policy has been.  All PED related suspensions are a minimum of 1 year. Not a few events.

Scott Stallings was suspended 90 days for using OTC DHEA.

And if you're going to quote me actually quote me.  Don't change what I said.  I was very specific about failed test for PEDs.  For recreational drugs the tour has kept those private until now so players could hide the fact they failed.
?
I quoted your entire block of text, verbatim.

How do you explain the "retroactive TUE" policy? I guess that's not a suspension that isn't reported, it's a failed test. So fair enough.

#100 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • 14,501 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:55 AM

View Postraynorfan1, on 13 October 2017 - 09:37 AM, said:

Because I've taught players who have failed drug test and I know what the policy has been.  All PED related suspensions are a minimum of 1 year. Not a few events.

Scott Stallings was suspended 90 days for using OTC DHEA.

And if you're going to quote me actually quote me.  Don't change what I said.  I was very specific about failed test for PEDs.  For recreational drugs the tour has kept those private until now so players could hide the fact they failed.
?
I quoted your entire block of text, verbatim.

How do you explain the "retroactive TUE" policy? I guess that's not a suspension that isn't reported, it's a failed test. So fair enough.

Stallings was a unique circumstance. And you didnít quote me exactly.  You put a statement in quotes that I didnít make.

TUE is because of Doug Barronís lawsuit.  He was suspended one year for taking prescription testosterone.

Edited by iteachgolf, 13 October 2017 - 09:58 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors