Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Would you play a short course with a shorter flight ball

47 replies to this topic

#1 disco111

disco111

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 386826
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:N/A
GolfWRX Likes : 355

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:39 AM

This is driven by another thread about the decline of golf. I remember Jack Nicklaus some years back, addressing this subject. Courses could be half the size, thus reducing overall costs.and play wise with the restricted flight ball, your 300 yd drive might only be 180-190, but if you can adjust to the mindset, it could be good for the general majority playing the game and keeping more players in the game.....................Thoughts!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 caniac6

caniac6

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 222453
GolfWRX Likes : 1543

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:44 AM

No. I am getting older, and not hitting the ball as far. I'd play a shorter course with the ball I currently play. Time catches up with everyone. I don't see very many young guys playing. If you take distance away from older guys, the decline of golf will only increase.

#3 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,392 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
  • Handicap:9.9
GolfWRX Likes : 3340

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:45 AM

No appeal whatsoever. It's like asking a tennis player wouldn't he really rather be playing Badminton.
Engaged in the eternal search for the elusive Swedish meatball cores...

#4 VNutz

VNutz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,490 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116888
GolfWRX Likes : 2267

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:57 AM

No. Not because I don't want to play something shorter or limited with the flight, but because I'd have no idea how to play some of the shots. I know how to play my game at certain distances, I don't want to reset that or have to guess at how far I'm hitting it just to play a different setup. Just like how I get frustrated playing courses at high elevation like in Colorado. It's still a fun game, but without the ability to control what I'm doing it's less enjoyable.

#5 CMCSGolf

CMCSGolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 441076
GolfWRX Likes : 98

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:08 AM

View PostNorth Butte, on 04 October 2017 - 09:45 AM, said:

No appeal whatsoever. It's like asking a tennis player wouldn't he really rather be playing Badminton.

I believe tennis balls are different for each of the grand slam events because of the different surfaces.  Not as extreme as badminton, but tennis actually does change the ball for different events and the players adjust fine.

I would only do this if it were more a permanent change.  If it were just one course that played a short ball, it would be impossible to adjust.  But if I was going to switch to an 80-90% ball and play from 6,000 every round, I would do it.  Assuming chip and pitch shots are played the same way, it would take a bout 3 rounds to adjust and figure out new yardages.

I would be a fan of golf courses maxing out around 6,300 yards and everyone under a 3 -5 handicap playing a restricted ball.  Similar to transitioning to wooden bats as you get to the pros in baseball.  For all average golfers, there is no need to take distance away and 6,300 is plenty of distance to keep the game fun and challenging.

#6 farmer

farmer

Hall of Fame

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,294 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70095
GolfWRX Likes : 2231

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:35 AM

It's an idea that's been around for a long time.  Nicklaus proposed it for use where there was limited space, aka the Cayman ball.  As I recall, there were performance issues with the restricted balls, and it turned out that resort players still wanted a full sized course.

#7 NJpatbee

NJpatbee

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 266092
  • Handicap:17.8
GolfWRX Likes : 356

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:44 AM

No.  I started at age 40 and am now 65 and I never belonged on the tips. If I tag my drive I get about 220 carry and roll - 140 instead would be a let down.  I am fine with the current limitations regarding conforming golf balls and equipment and as long as they stay at the current levels I see no problem.

#8 596

1979 Corvette

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122006
GolfWRX Likes : 1219

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:48 AM

Yes.  They have a Nicklaus designed course on Grand Cayman Island.  He designed the limited flight ball for this course since there is a limited amount of land.  The ball has dimples that go out instead of in and is also lighter.  A good drive goes about 140 yards.  An on the screws pitching wedge is 30 yards.  Other then the limited flight you really could not tell the ball was any different.  It putted the same also even with the dimples facing out. It was a lot of fun playing that course.  I still have 2 of the balls around home somewhere.

#9 596

1979 Corvette

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122006
GolfWRX Likes : 1219

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:52 AM

This is the ball from the course on Grand Cayman

Posted Image

#10 raynorfan1

raynorfan1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119065
GolfWRX Likes : 688

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:11 PM

View PostCMCSGolf, on 04 October 2017 - 10:08 AM, said:

I believe tennis balls are different for each of the grand slam events because of the different surfaces.  Not as extreme as badminton, but tennis actually does change the ball for different events and the players adjust fine.

Tennis balls are all theoretically the same, just like golf balls, but there are brand-to-brand differences and different tournaments use different brands. It would be like the US Open using ProV1's and the PGA Championship using only Chromesofts. The players can tell the difference between the two, but the choice has more to do with sponsorship dollars than engineering. Men and women do play with slightly different models, however.

To the original question, no I would not. But what if you showed up at a club to be told that you had to use their in-house balls (90%). Nobody tells you that they're restricted flight, and all of the yardage markers and info from caddies are inflated by 11%. Could you tell the difference?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,392 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:17 PM

I would most certainly know if someone stuck with me a limited-flight ball. Might not notice for a few holes as I'd probably blame my swing but yeah, I'd notice. And in any case, sprinkler heads (or caddies) might as well not exist since I trust my laser for distances.

So short answer, of course I'd notice.

P.S. If you're talking about caddies you're describing a different world than 99% of golfers live in. I've no idea as to the preferences of 1%-ers or what they would or would not notice.

#12 larrybud

larrybud

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,139 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21167
  • Handicap:2.0
GolfWRX Likes : 3633

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:25 PM

No, since the ball hasn't gone "farther" in 15 years.

#13 kozubs

kozubs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 176704
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:50 PM

I dunno,  I think it could be a lot fun but I'd want to have it set up extremely difficult which may negate the whole "resort course thing".  No reason to not have multi tiered greens and a crazy amount of hazards to make sure that you have to plot your way around be strategic.  

I'm also a believer that shorter courses can be made more relevant by this theory.  Grow the rough, narrow up the fairways from 250-320 yards and place some strategic trees, bunkers or wet areas. I love risk reward and even love holes that you can be blocked out on from the fairway simply because you hit it too far or the wrong side of the fairway.

Here's an example.  #15 at my home course is only 336 yards with bunkers in front and steep drop offs behind and to the left side of the green.  About 210 yards out is a valley that's about 15 feet deep with a very large Maple that blocks out about 2/3rds of the fairway.  To hit a drive that can clear the tree, to get on the upper side of the valley you need a straight drive that lands in about a 10 yard wide area that carries about 270.  A slight fade can also bend around the tree which is a big mature maple that is about 60 feet high.  If you pull it off, You're rewarded with a 20 to 30 yard pitch in, or a green side bunker shot for a great birdie opportunity.  If you're even slightly left or right, you will be pitching out of 3-4 inch rough over bunkers to a very firm green.  Alternative you can hit a shot that only flys anywhere between 190 to 230.  Any shot in this range will end up in the bottom of the valley leaving a 90 yard pitch to a green you cant see.  Just land it short of the tree and let it roll down.  Still a birdie chance but much safer.  I love this hole, but if that tree ever dies, it'll ruin the hole.  That said, many golfers at our course want to take a chainsaw to the tree.  

It's nothing special, just a well placed tree that adds a lot of risk to an otherwise easy hole.  

BTW, rarely do I see anyone not pull driver here.  Usually they hit a bad drive into the left or right trees or bounce it off the Maple getting lucky about 50% of the time.  The only time I go for it is during a bad round where I don't care or if I'm drive it very well.

Sorry, couldn't get the screen shot to work so here's a youtube video

https://www.youtube....h?v=oTJtURKX3_g

Edited by kozubs, 04 October 2017 - 12:58 PM.

#14 raynorfan1

raynorfan1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:54 PM

View PostNorth Butte, on 04 October 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

I would most certainly know if someone stuck with me a limited-flight ball. Might not notice for a few holes as I'd probably blame my swing but yeah, I'd notice. And in any case, sprinkler heads (or caddies) might as well not exist since I trust my laser for distances.

So short answer, of course I'd notice.

P.S. If you're talking about caddies you're describing a different world than 99% of golfers live in. I've no idea as to the preferences of 1%-ers or what they would or would not notice.

Assume all the information you have available to you about distance (including the lasers) is overstating everything by 11%. Would you know? Keep in mind that you would have the positive affirmation of your laser/GPS in your head.

I don't think I could discern an 11% difference. If I stood on a sprinkler head that said "100" and it was actually 90 yards, I don't think I'd notice.

#15 larrybud

larrybud

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,139 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21167
  • Handicap:2.0
GolfWRX Likes : 3633

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:48 PM

Really?  My wife hasn't been playing long and she's already pretty good at estimating distances within 11% with her eye.

#16 CMCSGolf

CMCSGolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:55 PM

View Postraynorfan1, on 04 October 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

View PostCMCSGolf, on 04 October 2017 - 10:08 AM, said:

Tennis balls are all theoretically the same, just like golf balls, but there are brand-to-brand differences and different tournaments use different brands. It would be like the US Open using ProV1's and the PGA Championship using only Chromesofts. The players can tell the difference between the two, but the choice has more to do with sponsorship dollars than engineering. Men and women do play with slightly different models, however.

To the original question, no I would not. But what if you showed up at a club to be told that you had to use their in-house balls (90%). Nobody tells you that they're restricted flight, and all of the yardage markers and info from caddies are inflated by 11%. Could you tell the difference?

Interesting.  I did not know the ball difference was so subtle in Tennis.

I just don't think it would be a big deal to switch to a shorter ball.  Pros were able to adjust at the International in Colorado in a few practice rounds.  When the British Open was played with a different sized ball, guys figured it out very quickly.  If I had to switch tomorrow, I really don't think it would change my enjoyment much.

As a few people have said, there is no point to switching if you hit it 220.  This would affect less than 10% of players and good players would adapt fine. Hitting it "long" is all relative anyways.  If a massive drive goes 300 yards instead of 330 is anybody really less impressed?  The longest drivers would still be the longest, but we would have a different reference point.

#17 hybrid25

hybrid25

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 434860
GolfWRX Likes : 223

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:00 PM

View Postlarrybud, on 04 October 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

No, since the ball hasn't gone "farther" in 15 years.
Wait a minute, all the golf ball manufacturers claim that their ball is longer than ever before???

#18 Conrad1953

Conrad1953

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,523 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66402
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:cobicreations
GolfWRX Likes : 39715

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:34 PM

No interest in going back. I'm all for making the ball go even further.I want to
hit 500 yard drives and drive par 5s in one.
Ping G25 10.5 degree w/PL Blue 65S
Ping G15 4 wood w/PL Blue 65S
Ping G10 18 and 21 Hybrids w PL Blue HY S
    Ping S58 Irons 4-P with Ping AWT R
    Ping Gorge Wedges 52 and 58 w/CFS Wedge  
   Odyssey White Hot Tour #1

Member #3---------Outlaw Golf Association
   Non Physics Geezer Division

#19 RRFireblade

RRFireblade

AKA Jay.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23410
  • Handicap:+6.2
  • Ebay ID:RRFireblade
GolfWRX Likes : 2710

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:36 PM

Sure.
XRP 8.5* XS
XRP #3 XS
Cally Apex MB 3i-9i PX 7.0
Cally MD3 52*/56*/60*
Scotty Studio Select Custom

#20 RRFireblade

RRFireblade

AKA Jay.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:38 PM

Tennis balls are fairly different between brands and intended use/surface. Btw. IMO.

XRP 8.5* XS
XRP #3 XS
Cally MD3 52*/56*/60*

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 raynorfan1

raynorfan1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:15 PM

View PostRRFireblade, on 04 October 2017 - 05:38 PM, said:

Tennis balls are fairly different between brands and intended use/surface. Btw. IMO.

No moreso (IMHO) than golf balls.

There is some variability in felt density (regular vs extra duty); and the Babolat Roland Garros is a bit different than others - but this really serves to somewhat homogenize the French with the other majors.

Wilson sells a "grass court" ball, but it's identical to the regular extra-duty US Open ball, except that it's available in white.

The difference between all of these is like comparing a ProV1 to a ProV1X to a Chromesoft.

#22 RRFireblade

RRFireblade

AKA Jay.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:03 PM

View Postraynorfan1, on 04 October 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

View PostRRFireblade, on 04 October 2017 - 05:38 PM, said:

No moreso (IMHO) than golf balls.

There is some variability in felt density (regular vs extra duty); and the Babolat Roland Garros is a bit different than others - but this really serves to somewhat homogenize the French with the other majors.

Wilson sells a "grass court" ball, but it's identical to the regular extra-duty US Open ball, except that it's available in white.

The difference between all of these is like comparing a ProV1 to a ProV1X to a Chromesoft.

It might depend a little bit on how much one plays. I can tell the difference between Penn, Dunlop and Wilson all day long, eyes closed from the first stroke.

Heavy duty versus regular, or clay balls are very noticeable as well. Hell on clay, the balls change noticeably after just a set or two.

No way could I give you a brand with my eyes closed hitting a golf ball. Lol.
XRP 8.5* XS
XRP #3 XS
Cally MD3 52*/56*/60*

#23 Santiago Golf

Santiago Golf

I Strive to make you Better

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,738 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151005
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1385

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:06 PM

No. I will stop playing tournaments if they change the ball and stop watching golf on tv if they change the ball.
Driver: PING i25 9.5*; Fujikura Fuel TS 60-Stiff
3 wood: Titleist 915Fd 13.5; Aldila Rouge Black 80-X
Hybrid: Adams IDEA Super XTD 17*; UST Mamiya ProForce VTS 100HX
Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 4-6, CB 7-9: KBS Tour C-Taper X (loft: 22, 26, 30, 35, 40, 45)
Wedges: Scratch 1018 49*, 53*, 57*; KBS Tour C-Taper S+ (49), S300 (53, 57)
Maltby Custom Grind 59*; True Temper Tour 100-Stiff (Combination of Miura K (except 5 knuckles) and PM Grind)
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design MB5; Super Stroke GP Tour (I have backups)
Ball: ProV1x
Grip: Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Red (3 wraps bottom, 3 wraps middle, 2 wrap over that)
Bag: Jones Original

#24 CMCSGolf

CMCSGolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:30 PM

View PostSantiago Golf, on 04 October 2017 - 09:06 PM, said:

No. I will stop playing tournaments if they change the ball and stop watching golf on tv if they change the ball.

Can you explain why?  How is the game different or less fun if your 7 iron goes 150 instead of 165?  I don't say this to be argumentative, but I don't understand how the game is substantially different with a slightly shorter ball.  If everyone in the tournament is playing the same ball, then the relative difference in players will be maintained and it will be the same course with slightly less distance.

#25 Handfull

Handfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 257866
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:50 PM

If I can't passively brag about how far I hit the golf ball on golfwrx, what's the point of even playing golf?  Good short game won't prove I'm more of a man then the rest of you.

But seriously, ill play anything a long as its still golf.  Once you figure out your distances it shouldn't be as big a deal as some are making it out to be.

Edited by Handfull, 18 October 2017 - 08:30 PM.

#26 raynorfan1

raynorfan1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:16 AM

View PostRRFireblade, on 04 October 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

It might depend a little bit on how much one plays. I can tell the difference between Penn, Dunlop and Wilson all day long, eyes closed from the first stroke.

Heavy duty versus regular, or clay balls are very noticeable as well. Hell on clay, the balls change noticeably after just a set or two.

Absolutely depends how much one plays. Sounds like you need to play more golf.

I play both almost every day. It's easy to discern the difference among balls in both sports. Some differences are dramatic - the Wilson US Open to Babolat ball is like the difference between a ProV1 and a Top Flite. Some are more subtle. But if you play a lot, you can tell almost instantly.

My point is not that tennis balls are uniform - they're not - it's that the majors don't have balls specifically tuned for their surface/event. They're just playing whatever ball had a manufacturer pay for the sponsorship.

#27 CaseyC

CaseyC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 471942
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:51 AM

View Post596, on 04 October 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

This is the ball from the course on Grand Cayman...

The Britannia course on Grand Cayman has been closed for a couple of years now and they stopped using the "Cayman Ball" in the '90s

#28 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,392 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:03 AM

View PostCMCSGolf, on 04 October 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

View PostSantiago Golf, on 04 October 2017 - 09:06 PM, said:

Can you explain why?  How is the game different or less fun if your 7 iron goes 150 instead of 165?  I don't say this to be argumentative, but I don't understand how the game is substantially different with a slightly shorter ball.  If everyone in the tournament is playing the same ball, then the relative difference in players will be maintained and it will be the same course with slightly less distance.

I like hitting a 220 yard drive much more than hitting a 200 yard one. If some silly one-off golf ball caused me to hit it 180 that would be less fun, yes.

The most elemental pleasure of golf, the thing that makes it so addictive for most people is seeing a ball fly from over here to waaaaaaay over there and end up near where you are aiming.

There are already pitch and putt, par 3 and "executive" length courses where you can bunt the ball around to your heart's content. Have you noticed that such courses very rarely do 1/10 as much business as the nearby full sized golf courses? That's not just bad luck, it's a product that very few people want to buy.

Why does the ball go as far as it does instead of 10% shorter or 10% longer? Because that's what the Rules of Golf say. It's totally arbitrary. Why is the putting cup 4-1/2" instead of 3-1/2" or 5-1/2"? Same thing, purely arbitrary. But if someone opened a course with 3-1/2" cups, golfers would not exactly flock to it so they could 3-putt and 4-putt ten times a round would they?

Any of the dozens of arbitrary rules of golf could be slightly different and it wouldn't matter. But once they are set, good luck convincing anyone other than a few Internet cranks and grumpy retired tour pros that the game would be just as fun if those arbitrary rules changed so they can't hit the ball as far. Not one golfer in 10,000 looks at his ball flying through the air and thinks, "Man this would be a lot more fun if that ball didn't go so far". I mean serious, you lot must be joking, right?

#29 CMCSGolf

CMCSGolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:19 PM

I'm not joking at all.  I agree that once golf made some arbitrary choices on rules, the status quo would be a factor since people hate change.  But I still think they would adjust in a summer and not care much.  Different sized golf balls were played a few decades ago and when we switched to a standard ball, play did not stop.  This suggests a slight change in yardage does not make a difference.  And this change should not apply to 90% of golfers anyways.

The idea that losing 10% of your yardage being a significant factor still baffles me.  The trajectory of the shot would be the same, the feel would be the same, but the ball would go slightly shorter.  Most people don't have good enough eye sight to accurately identify if a ball flew 220 vs 200, so I'm not sure how that can significantly impact pleasure.  Is it more fun to hit a 5 iron than a 6 iron?  Is it more fun to play when it's hot and the ball goes an extra 10 yards? Is it more fun to play at elevation?  The answer for me is no to all of these, so I'm not sure how taking 10% off the ball flight changes the games enjoyment.  

I think the debate on overcoming the current set up is complicated and gets into a lot of psychology.  I'm more interested in understanding why a ball flying 220 is more fun than flying 200?  Can you explain what it is about the extra 20 yards that makes the game better?  If it's significantly better, why don't you buy some of the juiced balls that go even further?  These are honest questions I am curious to hear answers to since anyone can play any ball they want and it doesn't effect how I enjoy the game.  I'm interested in understanding the other side.

Edited by CMCSGolf, 05 October 2017 - 12:45 PM.

#30 RRFireblade

RRFireblade

AKA Jay.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:44 PM

View Postraynorfan1, on 05 October 2017 - 07:16 AM, said:

View PostRRFireblade, on 04 October 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

Absolutely depends how much one plays. Sounds like you need to play more golf.

I play both almost every day. It's easy to discern the difference among balls in both sports. Some differences are dramatic - the Wilson US Open to Babolat ball is like the difference between a ProV1 and a Top Flite. Some are more subtle. But if you play a lot, you can tell almost instantly.

My point is not that tennis balls are uniform - they're not - it's that the majors don't have balls specifically tuned for their surface/event. They're just playing whatever ball had a manufacturer pay for the sponsorship.

Well your point seems to change a little bit, LOL. Because they absolutely do use different tennis balls for different tournaments and particularly for different surfaces... Which was my point. LOL.

In regards to golf, I will concede that I must not be at the Mastery level that you are apparently :-), but anytime you want to hit a dozen different golf balls in a blind test and name the brand of each, I'll put up 10 grand to yours for as many swings as you want to take, anytime you are up for it.

:-)  

I'm totally completely serious about that. BTW. LOL

XRP 8.5* XS
XRP #3 XS
Cally MD3 52*/56*/60*

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors