Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Zac Blair's custom Cameron: 2017 Safeway Open

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team GolfWRX

• Marshals
  • 7,060 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:05 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 geedub.2008

geedub.2008

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108678
  • Handicap:0.0
  • Ebay ID:geedub.2008
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:04 PM

Pretty low key putter for Zac, his best one was that Hex Neck Newport Two!
915D2 KK XTS
915F P95 X
Anser 20 TS 9.8
716 T-MB 3 AMT
714 AP2 4-PW KBS
Vokey 54S, 60K AMT
Newport Two

#3 15th Club

15th Club

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 248249
  • Ebay ID:cdbplc
GolfWRX Likes : 147

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:48 PM

Couple of comments...

I sure do wish that Cameron would bring to retail something like that; a durable black-finish head with a bright stainless (even GSS) insert.  There are a few companies doing that finish now, if you don't mind after-marketing a $380 Scotty Cameron.  Scotty has done some limited release Select putters with black finishes but never any of the insert models.  For me, visually, looking down and seeing the silver insert against a black head helps me in working on my putting to adjust my head and hand/address positions.

It looks like Zac Blair has a 30g weight in the heel and a 20g weight in the toe.  How many other players do that?

#4 KirkNo-yes

KirkNo-yes

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 499 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 419042
  • Handicap:+3.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1054

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:53 PM

Seriously has NOBODY wised up to how many custom putters this guy gets? At first I thought it was pretty cool to see all the unique designs but I would swear on my childs lives this guy is becoming one of the largest collectors of custom scotty's pretty rapidly.  I mean I don't dislike the guy at all and I LOVE his love of golf course architecture. Can't wait to see The Buck Club come to fruition but it is starting to irk me a little how often this guy is getting custom putters that will never see the bag of grass for that matter. I know I know why do I care, its not like he is stealing a putter from me or one I could have procured but I am not especially fond of people "gaming" the system.  Eventually the guys that COULD use a nice custom putter to help them get better won't be able to because they stop doing it.  Scotty will be bankrupt. haha.  Reminds me of the Web.com player who was grabbing 2-3 GSS putters each week to "evaluate" and "play" as well as a lot of other custom scotty's and His dad owned an internet golf sales business. They busted them selling the putters and they kicked him off Titliest I believe. I do know they keep the GSS putters in the van now and never leave them laying around like others. you have to ask for a GSS and they write down what you have and when you got it. ( at least on the Web.com they do)

Edited by KirkNo-yes, 03 October 2017 - 04:54 PM.

Driver - Titleist 917 9.5 D2 w/HZRDUS T1100 65 gram 6.5
3wood- Titleist 917 15deg F2 w/ HZRDUS T1100 85 gram 6.5
5wood- Titleist 917 18deg F2 w/ HZRDUS T1100 95gram 6.5
Hybrid - Adams Prototype 18deg w/ Graphite Design AD 95 X
Irons- 4-9 - Titleist Tour Issue AP2 w/ Project X Flighted 6.0
Wedges- SM6 46deg Vokey F Grind ported w/ DG Tour Issue S400, SM6 50deg F grind ported w/ DG Tour Issue S400 , Vokey Prototype 54 V grind 10deg bounce w/ DG Tour Issue S400 low bounce, SM6 58deg K grind ported w/ DG Tour Issue S400
Putter - Scotty Cameron 1995 Gun Blue Laguna with micro step shaft.
Ball - 2017 Titleist Pro V1

#5 PreppySlapCut

PreppySlapCut

This is just babytown frolics...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4840
GolfWRX Likes : 632

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:58 PM

View PostKirkNo-yes, on 03 October 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

Seriously has NOBODY wised up to how many custom putters this guy gets? At first I thought it was pretty cool to see all the unique designs but I would swear on my childs lives this guy is becoming one of the largest collectors of custom scotty's pretty rapidly.  I mean I don't dislike the guy at all and I LOVE his love of golf course architecture. Can't wait to see The Buck Club come to fruition but it is starting to irk me a little how often this guy is getting custom putters that will never see the bag of grass for that matter. I know I know why do I care, its not like he is stealing a putter from me or one I could have procured but I am not especially fond of people "gaming" the system.  Eventually the guys that COULD use a nice custom putter to help them get better won't be able to because they stop doing it.  Scotty will be bankrupt. haha.  Reminds me of the Web.com player who was grabbing 2-3 GSS putters each week to "evaluate" and "play" as well as a lot of other custom scotty's and His dad owned an internet golf sales business. They busted them selling the putters and they kicked him off Titliest I believe. I do know they keep the GSS putters in the van now and never leave them laying around like others. you have to ask for a GSS and they write down what you have and when you got it. ( at least on the Web.com they do)
Pretty simple.  Scotty loves him, and he's an incredibly positive ambassador for the brand.

TaylorMade M2 9.5* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 60 (S)
TaylorMade M2 Tour DF 16.5* w/ UST Attas3 8 (X)
Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 17* w/ UST VTS 85 (S)
Mizuno MP-18 4-PW w/ UST Recoil 95 (S)
Mizuno T7 50*, 55*, 60* w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Circa #3 Mid-Neck Toolbox

#6 TWshoot67

TWshoot67

TWShoot67

• 2,318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17759
  • Handicap:4.2
  • Ebay ID:TWSHOOT67
GolfWRX Likes : 304

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:00 PM

I'd like to be able to get the grip he has on his Scotty. It would look good on my 009. I haven't seen that grip ever in what seems to be Standard size. I have the old red one that was Tour only but that's been gone for years as well. Maybe they are available at the Gallery?
Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Tour Only Aldila Rogue 125 R
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra S3 Pro's 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Cobra S3 Gap w/ Nippon 125 S
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Scotty Cameron 009 SSS 350 Tiffany or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
WITB Link

#7 WillyL

WillyL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 302237
  • Handicap:11
  • Ebay ID:loudoy
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:20 PM

The black with silver insert is sick‼️ The weights are 30/30. Just for edification.
Nike Vapor Pro/ Vapor Flex 440 ADBB 6s
Nike Vapor 3 wood Diamana S+
Nike SQ2 19 hybrid Aldila VS Proto
Nike ProCombo 4-PW CTaper S
Vokey SM6 54-14 & 58-04
Custom 2015 Scotty GOLO 3
Scotty M2

#8 Kylekoz17

Kylekoz17

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 204917
  • Handicap:0.7
GolfWRX Likes : 887

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:24 PM

Scotty has talked about how nice of a person Zac is and how much he likes him and his ideas for putters so he enjoys making putters for him
TI '17 Taylormade M1 - AD BB 6X
TI Taylormade Aeroburner
'17 Taylormade M1 hybrid - Kuro Kage 80X
Titleist 716 TMB 3, 4 iron AMT X100
Titleist 714 AP2 5-pw X100
Custom Oven grind Nike Engage 50 sq, 56 toe sweep
Custom 1/1 Rory Oven proto 006, DJ Spider

#9 Arizonalefty59

Arizonalefty59

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130198
GolfWRX Likes : 2300

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:38 PM

"Anotha One - DJ Khaled" - Zac Blair

#10 asroma19

asroma19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 386536
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:34 AM

View PostTWshoot67, on 03 October 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

I'd like to be able to get the grip he has on his Scotty. It would look good on my 009. I haven't seen that grip ever in what seems to be Standard size. I have the old red one that was Tour only but that's been gone for years as well. Maybe they are available at the Gallery?

They are not available at the Gallery. I was just there this past weekend and I didn't see it there. Some grips are truly tour only.

Taylormade M2 tour issue 9.5º w/ Tour AD BB6X

Callaway XR16 tour issue w/ Oban Devotion 7 75 g 06

Srixon Z U65 w/ KBS Prototype hybrid 85 stiff
Cobra F7 3/4 Hybrid w/ Graphite Design Tour AD Hybrid

Srixon Z765 5-8 w/ Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 Stiff
Srixon Z965 9-P w/ Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 Stiff

Vanilla 50º-05 w/ N.S Pro Modus 3 Wedge 125
Vokey SM6 M-Grind 54º bent to 55º w/ Nippon Modus 3 Wedge 125
Vokey V grind 60º w/ Nippon Modus 3 wedge 125 blue edition

Scotty Cameron T7M with smoke shaft

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 asroma19

asroma19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:36 AM

I have talked to a couple of the guys at the Gallery and while they will say Scotty is happy with how Zac shows off his putters, they have admitted he is running on thin ice with how many putters he requests and gets built by Scotty. Tour players get their putters built by the man himself and Scotty has taken notice to how many putters Zac has been made. Kind of hard to justify making putters for someone who hasn't won an event yet.

#12 asroma19

asroma19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:40 AM

View Post15th Club, on 03 October 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

Couple of comments...

I sure do wish that Cameron would bring to retail something like that; a durable black-finish head with a bright stainless (even GSS) insert.  There are a few companies doing that finish now, if you don't mind after-marketing a $380 Scotty Cameron.  Scotty has done some limited release Select putters with black finishes but never any of the insert models.  For me, visually, looking down and seeing the silver insert against a black head helps me in working on my putting to adjust my head and hand/address positions.

It looks like Zac Blair has a 30g weight in the heel and a 20g weight in the toe.  How many other players do that?

I doubt he will ever bring a black head that isn't of the black mist variety to OTR putters. You can get a tour black putter, but it will be a CT putter from the Gallery or from his online Wednesday releases or on the secondary market. You could send in a putter to get restored by the Custom Shop and they can take it a black.

#13 MB Dirtyy

MB Dirtyy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 179648
GolfWRX Likes : 166

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:53 AM

Nice. I'll say it again. How is there no zac Blair thread of just his putters? Insta-subscribe.

#14 GeneralArnie1020

GeneralArnie1020

• 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 451722
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:03 PM

Do you remember who that was?

#15 prorobo

prorobo

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 191834
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 1653

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:38 PM

How many Scottys did he get this year alone? Craziness.

#16 Jeudey7

Jeudey7

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 409626
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:24 PM

That thing is sick. I’ll take it when he’s over it!

#17 drbonesvt

drbonesvt

Hall of Fame

• 6,784 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141067
  • Handicap:WIP
GolfWRX Likes : 1427

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:32 PM

#gssisawaste

#foolsgold

GSS ~ not a real grade of metal only a trade mark

Interesting story on the web.com guy
M2 17' 9.5* (xxKxx / v2) AD TP tour 8TX (Tipped 1") @ 44-7/8"
M2 16'(Tour issue DF) 14.6* ADDI 9x (Tippd 2') 43" |
Titleist 2i 17* T-MB GD Tour AD DI 105x | <
*testing shafts*Mizuno MP18 3-PW (48* PW)DG x7 or x100 (2* weak)
54* SM5 S Grind (10*) DG TI S400 |60* SM5 Raw M Grind (8*) DG TI S400
Bettinardi BB8 Tri-plane Sight Dot / Blank Sole 34" Iomic
Zcord Tour Issue .580 Ribbed sans wedges
all woods & 2i hot melted WITB Link

#18 OutBackHack

OutBackHack

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 296687
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 272

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:22 AM

View Postasroma19, on 04 October 2017 - 01:36 AM, said:

I have talked to a couple of the guys at the Gallery and while they will say Scotty is happy with how Zac shows off his putters, they have admitted he is running on thin ice with how many putters he requests and gets built by Scotty. Tour players get their putters built by the man himself and Scotty has taken notice to how many putters Zac has been made. Kind of hard to justify making putters for someone who hasn't won an event yet.

Total garbage, there are guys you will never even hear of that play on the web tour that get several custom putters yearly... The guys in the Titleist truck know they will never be played, and they know exactly how many putters each player has received from them and yet they give them a putter every time they ask....Zac can get as many as he wants, and no one actually cares one bit..... It's not as if they really cost anything to make....it's Titleist we're taking about...a small hunk of metal is not going to kill them.

#19 swgolf12

swgolf12

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140687
  • Ebay ID:officialgolfguru
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:46 AM

View PostWillyL, on 03 October 2017 - 10:20 PM, said:

The black with silver insert is sick‼️ The weights are 30/30. Just for edification.

You sure about that?  I think you might want to take a look again.
2016 M2 9.5* Tensei White Proto 70TX
X-Hot 3 Deep Ozik 8M2
Titleist T-MB 2 Iron Aldila RIP 115 Tour
Titleist T-MB 4 Iron Recoil 125 F5 Proto
Yururi Flat Back 2010 5-9 C-Taper Prototype
SM5 47/53 Ported Tour Issue S400
PM Grind 58/64 Black Onyx S400
Studio Design 1.5 Circle T/White Hot Havok Pro

#20 asloper6001

asloper6001

slope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61477
  • Ebay ID:slopekind
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:17 AM

He's just searching for the one guys... hasn't found it yet. Takes longer for some people. haha

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 Bdmac79

Bdmac79

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214045
GolfWRX Likes : 181

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:23 AM

View PostOutBackHack, on 06 October 2017 - 12:22 AM, said:

View Postasroma19, on 04 October 2017 - 01:36 AM, said:

Total garbage, there are guys you will never even hear of that play on the web tour that get several custom putters yearly... The guys in the Titleist truck know they will never be played, and they know exactly how many putters each player has received from them and yet they give them a putter every time they ask....Zac can get as many as he wants, and no one actually cares one bit..... It's not as if they really cost anything to make....it's Titleist we're taking about...a small hunk of metal is not going to kill them.

+1.  If the Tour guys in the truck and the Scotty reps had a problem with it, we wouldn't be talking about this right now.
917D3/9.5/Tensei CK Pro White 60
917F2/15/Tensei CK Pro White 70
913H.d/18/Tour AD-DI 85
MP-18 Fli Hi 3/Tour AD 95
MP-18 SC 4-5/PX LZ
MP-18 6-PW/PX LZ
Vokey SM6 Raw 52.8F & 58.8M/DG
SC CT Tour NP2 Custom
Pro V1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors