Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Safeway Open

Safeway Open

92 replies to this topic

#31 sleezyt

sleezyt

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446408
  • Joined: 11/14/2016
  • Location:vancouver island bc canada
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:35 PM

Oh man put cameron champ, brandon hagy and jamie sadlowski in the same group. Would like to see that 3 ball. Jamie sadlowski tournament driver swing must be closer to 130 than 140 mph right? Right about cameron champs.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 Pat du Golf

Pat du Golf

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51687
  • Joined: 03/18/2008
  • Location:California
GolfWRX Likes : 248

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:56 AM

Cameron Champ, John Daly, and Jamie Sadlowski are paired in the same group. It will be fun to watch.
Mizuno MP 37 3i-pw
Mizuno MP 64 3i -pw
Ping G25
Scotty Newport
Cleveland wedges
Prov1x

2

#33 Pat du Golf

Pat du Golf

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51687
  • Joined: 03/18/2008
  • Location:California
GolfWRX Likes : 248

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:57 AM

JS swing......
Mizuno MP 37 3i-pw
Mizuno MP 64 3i -pw
Ping G25
Scotty Newport
Cleveland wedges
Prov1x

3

#34 lambmarsh

lambmarsh

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 466108
  • Joined: 05/03/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:11 AM

View Post2putttom, on 03 October 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

Safeway Open  the start of the 2017-2018  season. Interesting field with some new card carriers.

2017 Safeway Open – Player Field as of 10/2/17




Steve Allan
Abraham Ancer
Stuart Appleby
Ryan Armour
Matt Atkins
Aaron Baddeley
Sangmoon Bae
Ricky Barnes
Zac Blair
Ryan Blaum
Jonas Blixt
Keegan Bradley
Scott Brown
Bronson Burgoon
Ángel Cabrera
Chad Campbell
Bud Cauley
Alex Cejka
Greg Chalmers
Cameron Champ
K.J. Choi
Corey Conners
Ben Crane
Jon Curran
Joel Dahmen
John Daly
Brian Davis
Bryson DeChambeau
Graham DeLaet
Roberto Díaz
Marty Dou
Kevin Dougherty
Ken Duke
Tyler Duncan
Harris English
Matt Every
Derek Fathauer
Tony Finau
Martin Flores
Brice Garnett
Robert Garrigus
Brian Gay
Dino Giacomazzi
Lucas Glover
Fabián Gómez
Talor Gooch
Jason Gore
Cody Gribble




Lanto Griffin
Emiliano Grillo
Bill Haas
Chesson Hadley
Brandon Hagy
Brandon Harkins
David Hearn
Tom Hoge
Beau Hossler
Mackenzie Hughes
John Huh
Billy Hurley III
Stephan Jaeger
Zach Johnson
Matt Jones
Sung Kang
Smylie Kaufman
Michael Kim
Whee Kim
Chris Kirk
Kurt Kitayama
Patton Kizzire
Colt Knost
Jason Kokrak
Kelly Kraft
Martin Laird
Rick Lamb
Andrew Landry
Nate Lashley
Nicholas Lindheim
Luke List
Andrew Loupe
Tom Lovelady
Jamie Lovemark
Hunter Mahan
Peter Malnati
Ben Martin
Denny McCarthy
Maverick McNealy
Troy Merritt
Phil Mickelson
Keith Mitchell
Ryan Moore
Trey Mullinax
Grayson Murray
Kevin Na
Rob Oppenheim
Anthony Paolucci


Scott Piercy
Martin Piller
D.A. Points
Ted Potter, Jr.
Seamus Power
Dicky Pride
Andrew Putnam
Jonathan Randolph
Chez Reavie
Patrick Rodgers
John Rollins
Sam Ryder
Rory Sabbatini
Jamie Sadlowski
Sam Saunders
Adam Schenk
Jason Schmuhl
Ollie Schniederjans
Conrad Shindler
Ben Silverman
Webb Simpson
J.J. Spaun
Scott Stallings
Brendan Steele
Shawn Stefani
Brett Stegmaier
Kevin Streelman
Chris Stroud
Brian Stuard
Daniel Summerhays
Nick Taylor
Vaughn Taylor
Kyle Thompson
Ethan Tracy
Cameron Tringale
Kevin Tway
Peter Uihlein
Tyrone Van Aswegen
Harold Varner III
Camilo Villegas
Johnson Wagner
Richy Werenski
Steve Wheatcroft
Aaron Wise
Bobby Wyatt
Andrew Yun
Xinjun Zhang




Edited by lambmarsh, 05 October 2017 - 10:14 AM.


4

#35 PGArox

PGArox

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,430 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89725
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Los Angeles, CA USA
GolfWRX Likes : 4857

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:21 AM

Let's get this shindig underway.  Who will be the pleasant surprise this season?  Chris Stroud is fully exempt, and he seems very eager to take advantage.  He's playing for a lot of people.

Ollie Schniederjans is coming off a solid season.  A victory this week would be sweet.  Also looking out for Bud Cauley, Maverick McNealy and Cody Gribble.


5

#36 OldTomMorris

OldTomMorris

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129568
  • Joined: 05/26/2011
  • Location:Edinburgh, Scotland
GolfWRX Likes : 115

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:42 AM

View PostPGArox, on 05 October 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

Let's get this shindig underway.  Who will be the pleasant surprise this season?  Chris Stroud is fully exempt, and he seems very eager to take advantage.  He's playing for a lot of people.

Ollie Schniederjans is coming off a solid season.  A victory this week would be sweet.  Also looking out for Bud Cauley, Maverick McNealy and Cody Gribble.

Cody Gribble is an interesting one, look at his 2016/2017 season results and its bizarre. Top tens in the first event, wins his second event and then misses 17 of the next 26 cuts. He only made 11/28 cuts.

After January 2016 he only made six cuts the rest of the season, that was from 21 events.

https://www.pgatour....dy-gribble.html

Edited by OldTomMorris, 05 October 2017 - 11:55 AM.


6

#37 PGArox

PGArox

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,430 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89725
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Los Angeles, CA USA
GolfWRX Likes : 4857

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:51 AM

View PostOldTomMorris, on 05 October 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

View PostPGArox, on 05 October 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

Let's get this shindig underway.  Who will be the pleasant surprise this season?  Chris Stroud is fully exempt, and he seems very eager to take advantage.  He's playing for a lot of people.

Ollie Schniederjans is coming off a solid season.  A victory this week would be sweet.  Also looking out for Bud Cauley, Maverick McNealy and Cody Gribble.

Cody Gribble is an interesting one, look at his 2016/2017 season results and its bizarre. Top tens in the first event, wins his second event and then misses 17 of the next 26 cuts. He only made 11/28 cuts.

After January 2016 he only made six cuts the rest of the season, that was from 21 events.

https://www.pgatour....dy-gribble.html

I'd love to hear Cody explain that.  Sometimes you wonder if a little success turns guys complacent, or if they begin to feel a little pressure in living up to heightened expectations.  Whichever, Cody is a heck of a player.

7

#38 OldTomMorris

OldTomMorris

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129568
  • Joined: 05/26/2011
  • Location:Edinburgh, Scotland
GolfWRX Likes : 115

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:01 PM

View PostPGArox, on 05 October 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

View PostOldTomMorris, on 05 October 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

View PostPGArox, on 05 October 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

Let's get this shindig underway.  Who will be the pleasant surprise this season?  Chris Stroud is fully exempt, and he seems very eager to take advantage.  He's playing for a lot of people.

Ollie Schniederjans is coming off a solid season.  A victory this week would be sweet.  Also looking out for Bud Cauley, Maverick McNealy and Cody Gribble.

Cody Gribble is an interesting one, look at his 2016/2017 season results and its bizarre. Top tens in the first event, wins his second event and then misses 17 of the next 26 cuts. He only made 11/28 cuts.

After January 2016 he only made six cuts the rest of the season, that was from 21 events.

https://www.pgatour....dy-gribble.html

I'd love to hear Cody explain that.  Sometimes you wonder if a little success turns guys complacent, or if they begin to feel a little pressure in living up to heightened expectations.  Whichever, Cody is a heck of a player.

I meant January 2017, the wrap around meant I tangled up the dates.

Ollie Schniederjans impressed me during the Wyndham, with him being near the top off the leaderboard for a big chunk of the tournament he featured heavily in the coverage. From what I saw I thought it was good.

I'm really curious to see how Xander Schauffele does, unbelieveable the way he closed out at East Lake.

Edited by OldTomMorris, 05 October 2017 - 12:02 PM.


8

#39 PGArox

PGArox

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,430 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89725
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Los Angeles, CA USA
GolfWRX Likes : 4857

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:58 PM

Good ol' Zachary Johnson off to a good start.  Must be a Ryder Cup year. 😉

9

#40 pappaf2

pappaf2

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99231
  • Joined: 11/26/2009
  • Location:Bay Area, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 855

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:40 PM

Brendan Steele must love this course

We're not here for a long time,
just a good time.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 asloper6001

asloper6001

    slope

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61477
  • Joined: 07/25/2008
  • Location:VA
  • Ebay ID:slopekind
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:11 PM

Ángel Cabrera should be interesting watch. Wonder what kind of form he will be in this year. Probably chill like always.

11

#42 youngwaldo

youngwaldo

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8465
  • Joined: 12/07/2005
  • Location:NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 311

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:31 PM

View Postsnizzle, on 04 October 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

If Phil's ever going to win on tour again, one would think it would be in a weaker field such as this.

Frankly if I'm doing the schedule I give the boys a few more weeks off and then just start the season over in Asia.  PGA will have 49 events in 2017-18.  That just seems over saturation and a bunch of weak fields over the course of the season.

I would think the other PGA tour rookies who just got their cards would disagree with the amount of events because not all of them will be allowed to play in all 49 events.

Wk
TM M1 2017 9.5 set higher seting Fujikura Pro 73x 44.25"   TITLEIST 915 D4 TENSEI WHITE 45"
TITLEIST 915F Rogue Black 70s
TITLEIST 816H 19* Rogue Black 85H2 s
TITLEIST 916 CB 4-6 N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120 s
TITLEIST 916 MB 7-9 N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120 s
VOKEY SM6 4608F  (bent 47*)N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120 s New one on its way
VOKEY SM6 5208F N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120 s  New one on its way
VOKEY SM6 5608M N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120 s   New one on its way
VOKEY SM6 6008M N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120 s   New one on its way
Cameron & Crown Newport
ProV1x

12

#43 cardoza

cardoza

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136369
  • Joined: 08/14/2011
  • Location:Oklahoma City
  • Handicap:2.0
GolfWRX Likes : 582

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:25 PM

Is Mahan using his one-time top 50 exemption?
TM 2017 M2 9.5*, set 7.5* - UST Attas Elements Proto MK 7X
TM M2 15* 3 Wood - GD AD-MD 7X
TM M2 18* 5 Wood- GD AD-MD 75X
TM 2011 TI Rescue 19* - GD AD UT 85X
Srixon Z945 4-PW - TT S300
Titleist Vokey 52* and 58* DG S200
Black Lab Golf  BL-7 or BL-2 35"

13

#44 Darth Putter

Darth Putter

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 466932
  • Joined: 05/09/2017
  • Location:Central Illinois
  • Handicap:10.8
GolfWRX Likes : 970

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:35 PM

View PostPGArox, on 05 October 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

Let's get this shindig underway.  Who will be the pleasant surprise this season?  Chris Stroud is fully exempt, and he seems very eager to take advantage.  He's playing for a lot of people.

Ollie Schniederjans is coming off a solid season.  A victory this week would be sweet.  Also looking out for Bud Cauley, Maverick McNealy and Cody Gribble.

I think the Under 30 crowd will do just as well as they did last year. They have a lot of game, no fear and incentive to catch up to their peers quickly.
swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings

14

#45 snizzle

snizzle

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 442582
  • Joined: 10/05/2016
  • Location:CA
GolfWRX Likes : 111

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

View Postyoungwaldo, on 05 October 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

View Postsnizzle, on 04 October 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

If Phil's ever going to win on tour again, one would think it would be in a weaker field such as this.

Frankly if I'm doing the schedule I give the boys a few more weeks off and then just start the season over in Asia.  PGA will have 49 events in 2017-18.  That just seems over saturation and a bunch of weak fields over the course of the season.

I would think the other PGA tour rookies who just got their cards would disagree with the amount of events because not all of them will be allowed to play in all 49 events.

Wk

There will be alternate field events during 3 of the WGC tournaments and also opposite the British Open so the Webbies should have more than enough events to play in.

Brendan Steele does indeed love this course.  Also Maverick McNealy off to a great start.
My underdog Web.com graduate is Joel Dahmen.  I really want to see him do well this season.  He's had a tough go of it since leaving college but he played alongside Nick Taylor at UW.  He's a really talented player.


15

#46 WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic

    Wizard in the Corner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425856
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:0.2
GolfWRX Likes : 1078

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:05 PM

2014 Safeway Open Results

1. Sang Moon Bae
2. Steven Bowditch
T3. Hunter Mahan
Taylormade M2 ('17) 11.25* Fujikura Speeder XLR8 Pro 65
Taylormade M1 ('17) 3HL 17* Aldila Rogue Silver 60
Taylormade UDI 20* Aldila RIP Alpha 105
Mizuno MPH5 4 iron DG S300
Mizuno MP33 5-PW DG S300
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 52*,60* DG S300
Titleist SM5 56* DG S300
Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
Taylormade TP5

16

#47 grm24

grm24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
  • Location:Western PA
GolfWRX Likes : 900

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:59 PM

View Postcardoza, on 05 October 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

Is Mahan using his one-time top 50 exemption?
Not according to the current PGA Tour exempt list for 2017-18. He is playing out of category 33.
Past Champions, Team Tournament Winners and Veteran Members Beyond 150 on the FedExCup Points List.

https://www.pgatour....ty-ranking.html

17

#48 2putttom

2putttom

    # 1 Oregon Duck fan

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,182 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177144
  • Joined: 04/24/2012
  • Location:N.California, LInks @ Bodega Bay
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 3697

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:06 PM

View Postgrm24, on 05 October 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

View Postcardoza, on 05 October 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

Is Mahan using his one-time top 50 exemption?
Not according to the current PGA Tour exempt list for 2017-18. He is playing out of category 33.
Past Champions, Team Tournament Winners and Veteran Members Beyond 150 on the FedExCup Points List.

https://www.pgatour....ty-ranking.html
imagine whats goin through his head , thinking who are all these young guns out here that I'm competing against. One season off and your lost in the dust. Just ask um...umm  ya know that guy from the Orlando area.
Tour Exotics E 8 15*
Adams CMB 4-6  MB2's 7-9 1 more season
Mizuno Mp 4 52 MP T7 56 &60
Bobby Grace The Little Man (google it)
Oregon Ducks Bag

18

#49 cardoza

cardoza

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136369
  • Joined: 08/14/2011
  • Location:Oklahoma City
  • Handicap:2.0
GolfWRX Likes : 582

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:25 AM

View Post2putttom, on 05 October 2017 - 10:06 PM, said:

View Postgrm24, on 05 October 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

View Postcardoza, on 05 October 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

Is Mahan using his one-time top 50 exemption?
Not according to the current PGA Tour exempt list for 2017-18. He is playing out of category 33.
Past Champions, Team Tournament Winners and Veteran Members Beyond 150 on the FedExCup Points List.

https://www.pgatour....ty-ranking.html
imagine whats goin through his head , thinking who are all these young guns out here that I'm competing against. One season off and your lost in the dust. Just ask um...umm  ya know that guy from the Orlando area.

Mahan's had back-to-back seasons of finishing 180+ in the FedEx Cup. Only managed to make the cut in two of the Web playoff events this year.
TM 2017 M2 9.5*, set 7.5* - UST Attas Elements Proto MK 7X
TM M2 15* 3 Wood - GD AD-MD 7X
TM M2 18* 5 Wood- GD AD-MD 75X
TM 2011 TI Rescue 19* - GD AD UT 85X
Srixon Z945 4-PW - TT S300
Titleist Vokey 52* and 58* DG S200
Black Lab Golf  BL-7 or BL-2 35"

19

#50 OldTomMorris

OldTomMorris

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129568
  • Joined: 05/26/2011
  • Location:Edinburgh, Scotland
GolfWRX Likes : 115

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:25 AM

Jamie Lovemark, surely he is going to make a break thru win soon.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 the bishop

the bishop

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 439390
  • Joined: 09/03/2016
  • Location:Richmond, TX
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1192

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:17 AM

View Postcardoza, on 06 October 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

View Post2putttom, on 05 October 2017 - 10:06 PM, said:

View Postgrm24, on 05 October 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

View Postcardoza, on 05 October 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

Is Mahan using his one-time top 50 exemption?
Not according to the current PGA Tour exempt list for 2017-18. He is playing out of category 33.
Past Champions, Team Tournament Winners and Veteran Members Beyond 150 on the FedExCup Points List.

https://www.pgatour....ty-ranking.html
imagine whats goin through his head , thinking who are all these young guns out here that I'm competing against. One season off and your lost in the dust. Just ask um...umm  ya know that guy from the Orlando area.

Mahan's had back-to-back seasons of finishing 180+ in the FedEx Cup. Only managed to make the cut in two of the Web playoff events this year.
A Hunter Mahan sighting on the leaderboard T12 at -3!  The Golf Boys might let him back in the band at this rate.
Bombtech Grenade 10.5* - S
W/S FG Tour F5 15* Fubuki z65 - S
W/S D100 19*/22* Matrix Ozik Altus - S
W/S FG Tour V6 5-P DG AMT S300
W/S FG Tour PMP 52/56/60 KBS Hi Rev 2.0
Scotty 5W

21

#52 2putttom

2putttom

    # 1 Oregon Duck fan

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,182 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177144
  • Joined: 04/24/2012
  • Location:N.California, LInks @ Bodega Bay
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 3697

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:40 AM

View Postthe bishop, on 06 October 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

View Postcardoza, on 06 October 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

View Post2putttom, on 05 October 2017 - 10:06 PM, said:

View Postgrm24, on 05 October 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

View Postcardoza, on 05 October 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

Is Mahan using his one-time top 50 exemption?
Not according to the current PGA Tour exempt list for 2017-18. He is playing out of category 33.
Past Champions, Team Tournament Winners and Veteran Members Beyond 150 on the FedExCup Points List.

https://www.pgatour....ty-ranking.html
imagine whats goin through his head , thinking who are all these young guns out here that I'm competing against. One season off and your lost in the dust. Just ask um...umm  ya know that guy from the Orlando area.

Mahan's had back-to-back seasons of finishing 180+ in the FedEx Cup. Only managed to make the cut in two of the Web playoff events this year.
A Hunter Mahan sighting on the leaderboard T12 at -3!  The Golf Boys might let him back in the band at this rate.
let's see how he holds up on stage this weekend....fingers crossed
Tour Exotics E 8 15*
Adams CMB 4-6  MB2's 7-9 1 more season
Mizuno Mp 4 52 MP T7 56 &60
Bobby Grace The Little Man (google it)
Oregon Ducks Bag

22

#53 the bishop

the bishop

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 439390
  • Joined: 09/03/2016
  • Location:Richmond, TX
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1192

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:21 PM

View Post2putttom, on 06 October 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

View Postthe bishop, on 06 October 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

View Post2putttom, on 06 October 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

Mahan's had back-to-back seasons of finishing 180+ in the FedEx Cup. Only managed to make the cut in two of the Web playoff events this year.
A Hunter Mahan sighting on the leaderboard T12 at -3!  The Golf Boys might let him back in the band at this rate.
let's see how he holds up on stage this weekend....fingers crossed
The round is still in progress but he'll likely hold a T10 position heading into the weekend.  This will be a big test of where his game and head are at since he hasn't been in this position for a while.

Edited by the bishop, 06 October 2017 - 04:23 PM.

Bombtech Grenade 10.5* - S
W/S FG Tour F5 15* Fubuki z65 - S
W/S D100 19*/22* Matrix Ozik Altus - S
W/S FG Tour V6 5-P DG AMT S300
W/S FG Tour PMP 52/56/60 KBS Hi Rev 2.0
Scotty 5W

23

#54 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 20,394 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:A golf course in the Chicago area.
  • Handicap:10.0
GolfWRX Likes : 19105

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:28 PM

Would enjoy seeing Kevin Streelman win.  Not sure if there are too many guys on the Tour that are as good of a person as he is.

24

#55 OldTomMorris

OldTomMorris

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129568
  • Joined: 05/26/2011
  • Location:Edinburgh, Scotland
GolfWRX Likes : 115

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:55 PM

View PostDavePelz4, on 06 October 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

Would enjoy seeing Kevin Streelman win.  Not sure if there are too many guys on the Tour that are as good of a person as he is.

2014 Travelers fantastic final round for the win, 7 straight birdies to finish. Good player.


25

#56 lowheel

lowheel

    LOWHEEL

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193008
  • Joined: 07/18/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 1473

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:10 PM

View Postsleezyt, on 04 October 2017 - 11:35 PM, said:

Oh man put cameron champ, brandon hagy and jamie sadlowski in the same group. Would like to see that 3 ball. Jamie sadlowski tournament driver swing must be closer to 130 than 140 mph right? Right about cameron champs.

It will be fun to watch when they miss the cut but hey they can bomb it!!!! ;)

26

#57 lowheel

lowheel

    LOWHEEL

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193008
  • Joined: 07/18/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 1473

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:13 PM

Phils got a low round brewing in him. I can see a 65-66 tomorrow from him. You can see hes almost there

27

#58 2putttom

2putttom

    # 1 Oregon Duck fan

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,182 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177144
  • Joined: 04/24/2012
  • Location:N.California, LInks @ Bodega Bay
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 3697

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:11 PM

View Post2putttom, on 03 October 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

View PostDarth Putter, on 03 October 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

Welcome back Sangmoon Bae. It's his first PGA Tour event since finishing up his military duty.
2 years already? that went by fast. It will be neat to se if he can pick up were he left off.
damn 73, 75 :not_i:   & missed the cut
Tour Exotics E 8 15*
Adams CMB 4-6  MB2's 7-9 1 more season
Mizuno Mp 4 52 MP T7 56 &60
Bobby Grace The Little Man (google it)
Oregon Ducks Bag

28

#59 jmvargas

jmvargas

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,511 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59492
  • Joined: 07/03/2008
  • Location:subic bay, philippines
  • Handicap:9.9
GolfWRX Likes : 1055

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:32 PM

View Postsleezyt, on 04 October 2017 - 11:35 PM, said:

Oh man put cameron champ, brandon hagy and jamie sadlowski in the same group. Would like to see that 3 ball. Jamie sadlowski tournament driver swing must be closer to 130 than 140 mph right? Right about cameron champs.

at least 1000yds total of their drives every time they all use driver on a hole!..too bad none are scoring particularly well..

ii's sure great to see them drive but cameron champ's swing is amazing!..
Giga XF0710* driver
TEE XCG7 16.5* 4W/XCG7 21* 7W
Taylormade Vsteel 24* 9W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Tourstage Viq 25* U5 hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized  55*/60*wedges
Giga XF-II 17* 4W
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W

29

#60 soap1984

soap1984

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 302819
  • Joined: 03/20/2014
  • Location:Toronto
GolfWRX Likes : 199

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:05 PM

Happy chesson Hadley is back he cleaned up on Web.com and was lights out today! Would love to see him win and get the finger snap going again haha

M2- Hzrdus Black 6.0
Ping G 2 Hybrid, G25 3 and 4 hybrid
PXG 0311 5 iron, 0311T 6-w (Modus 105)
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60
Brandon H

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors