Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

What makes a good clubhouse?

30 replies to this topic

#31 skibeachgolf

skibeachgolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490528
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:18 AM

Without a doubt outdoor seating overlooking parts of the course is a must.  My home course has a deck that has a great view of holes 1 and 6 and you have a decent view of the 18th green.  On that deck there is a tiki bar with TV's.  There is also plenty of tables in shade and also directly in the sun.  Inside the restaurant is fairly large as well with a very nice, large bar.  Overall everything is very clean and well kept.  The bar is actually very popular with the locals (non golfers) so they bring in a ton of business.  All I can say is on a nice, sunny day it's hard to pass up going to the deck and having some cold beer.  This course is very average but they really do bring in a lot of business due to the location and how nice the 19th hole is.  They also have some weddings and almost every weekend there is a function going on in the function hall which is separate from the bar and restaurant.

As far as other amenities a good locker room is nice.  My course has one that nobody uses.  Very clean but also very small.  Only a few lockers.  I wish we had something a little better.

My suggestion for your course, is to upgrade it in a way that would attract none golfers.  How can you do that?  Great food, service, and drinks along with a nice atmosphere.  It's as simple as that in my opinion.  And again, outdoor seating/deck is a must.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors