Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

What clubs does you junior golfer carry in their bag

31 replies to this topic

#31 leezer99

leezer99

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
GolfWRX Likes : 188

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:00 PM

View PostYelwar, on 09 October 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

View Posttiger1873, on 09 October 2017 - 07:13 PM, said:

View Postleezer99, on 09 October 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

View PostYelwar, on 09 October 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

What shafts are you guys using for the juniors who are using OEM irons?  I'm thinking about new irons myself and thought I'd reuse my 714 AP2 heads for my son, but I haven't really seen aftermarket junior iron shafts.  He plays Flynns now and I know Mike sells shafts, but I'm curious what others have used.

Kuro Kage TiNi in A flex for my son's AP1's.

Kuro Kage shafts are great and hard to beat if your looking for something lightweight  If you start looking there are a lot shafts out there and very lightweight.  If you are needing to buy junior shafts then you really should not be buying OEM clubs.  If a kid can swing above 60 mph then buying women's flex will work.

The only kids I know that were fitted with OEM clubs are lefty's because it used to be hard to get the better kids clubs for them. I don't believe that is an issue anymore.

Being lightweight is certainly part of it but length was the other factor I wasn’t sure about.  He is 10, so even the length of a woman’s shaft for irons is going to be too long.  I think he will make it through the fall and next spring with this set assuming no major growth spurt.  So this would be more of a the 11/12 year old set and I am just trying to think ahead.

My other pain is his younger sister is a giant for her age so this current set probably won’t work as hand me downs as she is as big as he is!

You can cut down the shafts but make sure you adjust the loft / lie accordingly.  My boy is only nine and was fitted for his current set.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 wildcatden

wildcatden

China Cat Sunflower

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481904
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:15 PM

6 year old (going on 7 soon).

USKG UL48 6-PW, SW (new)
USKG TS51 Driver (used)
USKG TS51 3-Wood (used)
USKG UL48 Hybrid (new)
USKG UL48 Jekyll Putter (new)

Won 7 out of 9 local tournaments so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors