Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Women's Petite Clubs for a 14 year old

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JerseyBoy

JerseyBoy

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482144
GolfWRX Likes : 75

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:06 PM

Hello all!

My daughter is a very motivated, about to be 14 year old who just started playing this year. She loves the sport and has the very basic beginner's Top Flite set we bought her a couple of years ago when she thought she might want to try Golf out. This year she decided is was HER sport.

I take her to the range with me and she has played on a course a couple of times, and had her second lesson today. Needless to say, she still needs to be able to hit the ball, but is getting more consistent with actual contact.

I asked her Instructor about clubs and she recommended considering a Petite set. My daughter is just shy of 5" and will likely not grow anymore. Even if she does, she will not surpass 5" to 5"1'. To complicate matters just a bit, she writes Righty, but golfs Lefty.

So far, I have only been able to find the Callaway Solaire Petite set, but I don't think a $900 set of clubs is for her just yet.

Any thoughts or experience with this? Any recommendations?

Thanks for any advice.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
GolfWRX Likes : 707

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:15 AM

View PostJerseyBoy, on 01 October 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

Hello all!

My daughter is a very motivated, about to be 14 year old who just started playing this year. She loves the sport and has the very basic beginner's Top Flite set we bought her a couple of years ago when she thought she might want to try Golf out. This year she decided is was HER sport.

I take her to the range with me and she has played on a course a couple of times, and had her second lesson today. Needless to say, she still needs to be able to hit the ball, but is getting more consistent with actual contact.

I asked her Instructor about clubs and she recommended considering a Petite set. My daughter is just shy of 5" and will likely not grow anymore. Even if she does, she will not surpass 5" to 5"1'. To complicate matters just a bit, she writes Righty, but golfs Lefty.

So far, I have only been able to find the Callaway Solaire Petite set, but I don't think a $900 set of clubs is for her just yet.

Thanks for any advice.

Find her a used set online.  If it is "Her Sport", and she dedicates time and energy to it she will more than likely be out of that set of clubs within a year.  In a women's set of clubs brand and model isn't really going to matter.  If she is that small, I honestly would consider buying her US Kids set of irons for her height.  Those are going to be better than most of the ladies clubs out there for her.

Edited by heavy_hitter, 02 October 2017 - 08:17 AM.

#3 JerseyBoy

JerseyBoy

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482144
GolfWRX Likes : 75

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:42 AM

View Postheavy_hitter, on 02 October 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

Hello all!

Thanks for any advice.

Find her a used set online.  If it is "Her Sport", and she dedicates time and energy to it she will more than likely be out of that set of clubs within a year.  In a women's set of clubs brand and model isn't really going to matter.  If she is that small, I honestly would consider buying her US Kids set of irons for her height.  Those are going to be better than most of the ladies clubs out there for her.

Brilliant!! Thank you!!

#4 jgolf92

jgolf92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 484648
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:46 PM

View PostJerseyBoy, on 02 October 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

View Postheavy_hitter, on 02 October 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

Hello all!

Thanks for any advice.

Brilliant!! Thank you!!
I agree with heavy hitter. US Kids is your best and most affordable option for her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors