Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Golfing Barefoot?

37 replies to this topic

#31 inthefairway

inthefairway

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90812
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:24 PM

Sometimes when I'm practicing around the yard I am barefoot but on the course no way.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 ImChrisBosh

ImChrisBosh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 453422
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:44 PM

When I was younger I used to see Kevin Na hitting barefoot at my local range and was so confused... but I guess you can't argue with the results hah

#33 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

Linus!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 11,360 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
GolfWRX Likes : 7358

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:12 AM

View PostShankapod, on 28 September 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

View PostKMeloney, on 28 September 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

Why bother? Most courses would frown on it/not allow it, and the pros seem to have been able to get their games to respectable levels wearing shoes... So what's the point?

When I have done it, I was always carting the course. Never walking 18.

When I have done it, it was for 2 reasons:

1) Enjoyment. I know I am different than most, but I dont wear shoes unless there is a social condition (Like being at work...) or temperature requires it. I mow my lawn barefoot, walk around the house/walk the dog barefoot, play with my kids barefoot etc. Not many things feel better than nice grass between the toes. Man piss is a different thing, but again, I am not walking 18 holes so it isn't as possible I am getting THAT nasty....

2) Primarily - it is a legitimately taught tool. Helps with tempo/swing and balance. I have done it because I was told to do it by a teaching professional

Primarily it seems being different on the golf course may be the motivation. Practice is irrelevant since you are talking about playing barefoot.

#34 toadstyle

toadstyle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127962
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:36 AM

love the idea of it, but practically, it sounds like a terrible idea for all the reasons already mentioned.

#35 Shankapod

Shankapod

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438438
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:24 PM

View PostHawkeye77, on 07 October 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

Why bother? Most courses would frown on it/not allow it, and the pros seem to have been able to get their games to respectable levels wearing shoes... So what's the point?

1) Enjoyment. I know I am different than most, but I dont wear shoes unless there is a social condition (Like being at work...) or temperature requires it. I mow my lawn barefoot, walk around the house/walk the dog barefoot, play with my kids barefoot etc. Not many things feel better than nice grass between the toes. Man piss is a different thing, but again, I am not walking 18 holes so it isn't as possible I am getting THAT nasty....

2) Primarily - it is a legitimately taught tool. Helps with tempo/swing and balance. I have done it because I was told to do it by a teaching professional

Primarily it seems being different on the golf course may be the motivation. Practice is irrelevant since you are talking about playing barefoot.

I am glad we have another person on the internet can tell what is in our minds!

When I play by myself, I often am hitting multiple balls from multiple spots to try different shots and to improve. I call that practicing. Thanks for your .02

Edited by Shankapod, 07 October 2017 - 12:25 PM.

#36 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

Linus!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 11,360 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
GolfWRX Likes : 7358

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:11 PM

View PostShankapod, on 07 October 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

View PostHawkeye77, on 07 October 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

I am glad we have another person on the internet can tell what is in our minds!

When I play by myself, I often am hitting multiple balls from multiple spots to try different shots and to improve. I call that practicing. Thanks for your .02

Which you only now have distinguished - get some shoes.

#37 thevaporz

thevaporz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151963
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 361

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:40 PM

I think it's fine for practicing if you feel like it helps. Another guy mentioned the vibram 5 finger/ minimalist shoes too; those would be good for playing in. I feel like you'd still want some traction/protection for walking around a full course (or riding). It wouldn't bother me at all if you played like that as far as breaking some dress code or something. Def be scratching my head though.

New Balance makes a couple minimalist style shoes.
https://www.joesnewb...mt10-v4/mt10gb4
https://www.joesnewb...g1001/nbg1001bk

#38 qtlaw

qtlaw

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32882
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:15 PM

When my buddy got blisters and took his new shoes off mid-tourney, we called it "Quest for Fire Golf".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors