Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Bridgestone Tour B Golf Ball Reviews?


165 replies to this topic

#91 spartanglfr

spartanglfr

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52836
  • Joined: 04/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:59 AM

 TheBear95, on 29 October 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

 nuthin but a hacker, on 29 October 2017 - 08:45 AM, said:


Is the Optic Yellow no longer an option for the RX?

No. The yellow option is available on the Tour B RX. It's the only ball in the line that has the yellow option.


I took a look at Bridgestone's ball offerings for the Japanese market and all of them are available in yellow (tourspec).  Why the RX is the only ball of the 4 top tier balls available in yellow in the US is beyond me.  I'm not confident enough in bstones marketing strategy to assume that decision is well thought out or part of sound market driven research.  Yellow is in demand here and they do produce the ball in yellow so it is readily available....But they didn't ask me.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#92 WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic

    Wizard in the Corner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,636 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425856
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1772

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:58 AM

Im a low spin driver of the ball, and I was hitting knuckle balls with the B X. In the past ive played the '14 B330(S), '16 B330S, '16 TPx, TP5, and never had a problem with too little carry bc of low spin. I hit the B330 and TPx quite a bit lower than the others bc of the low spin, but none of them compared to the low spin I was getting from the B X. I played it side by side with the TP5 and I was getting a ton more distance with the TP5. (SS 105)

Edited by WidespreadPanic, 16 November 2017 - 10:59 AM.

Cobra LTD Black 10.5 ALDILA ROGUE BLACK 70
Taylormade M1 (17) 15* OBAN KIYOSHI WHITE 75
Cobra F7 5W  ALDILA ROGUE BLACK 70
Mizuno MP H5 4i  DG S300 AMT
Mizuno MP 33 5-PW  DG S300 AMT
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52*, 60*
Titleist SM5 56*
TP Red Ardmore 3
B330S

2

#93 Uhit

Uhit

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450896
  • Joined: 01/06/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 248

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:16 AM

 WidespreadPanic, on 16 November 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

Im a low spin driver of the ball, and I was hitting knuckle balls with the B X. In the past ive played the '14 B330(S), '16 B330S, '16 TPx, TP5, and never had a problem with too little carry bc of low spin. I hit the B330 and TPx quite a bit lower than the others bc of the low spin, but none of them compared to the low spin I was getting from the B X. I played it side by side with the TP5 and I was getting a ton more distance with the TP5. (SS 105)

It would be interesting to see, whether you get more distance and better accuracy, if you increase the loft of your driver to compensate for the low spin of the ball...

3

#94 WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic

    Wizard in the Corner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,636 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425856
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1772

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:48 PM

 Uhit, on 16 November 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

 WidespreadPanic, on 16 November 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

Im a low spin driver of the ball, and I was hitting knuckle balls with the B X. In the past ive played the '14 B330(S), '16 B330S, '16 TPx, TP5, and never had a problem with too little carry bc of low spin. I hit the B330 and TPx quite a bit lower than the others bc of the low spin, but none of them compared to the low spin I was getting from the B X. I played it side by side with the TP5 and I was getting a ton more distance with the TP5. (SS 105)

It would be interesting to see, whether you get more distance and better accuracy, if you increase the loft of your driver to compensate for the low spin of the ball...
I get plenty height, distance, and accuracy with my current setup. I just didnt get along with the X. The higher spin balls suit me better.

Edited by WidespreadPanic, 16 November 2017 - 10:51 PM.

Cobra LTD Black 10.5 ALDILA ROGUE BLACK 70
Taylormade M1 (17) 15* OBAN KIYOSHI WHITE 75
Cobra F7 5W  ALDILA ROGUE BLACK 70
Mizuno MP H5 4i  DG S300 AMT
Mizuno MP 33 5-PW  DG S300 AMT
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52*, 60*
Titleist SM5 56*
TP Red Ardmore 3
B330S

4

#95 idefi

idefi

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 463508
  • Joined: 04/14/2017
  • Location:Denver/CO
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:04 PM

 WidespreadPanic, on 16 November 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

 Uhit, on 16 November 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

 WidespreadPanic, on 16 November 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

Im a low spin driver of the ball, and I was hitting knuckle balls with the B X. In the past ive played the '14 B330(S), '16 B330S, '16 TPx, TP5, and never had a problem with too little carry bc of low spin. I hit the B330 and TPx quite a bit lower than the others bc of the low spin, but none of them compared to the low spin I was getting from the B X. I played it side by side with the TP5 and I was getting a ton more distance with the TP5. (SS 105)

It would be interesting to see, whether you get more distance and better accuracy, if you increase the loft of your driver to compensate for the low spin of the ball...
I get plenty height, distance, and accuracy with my current setup. I just didnt get along with the X. The higher spin balls suit me better.

I would second these thoughts. I have more than enough height and spin currently, thought the X would be a good move but it just doesn't want to cooperate. Miss hits due to lack of spin end up even worse and the drives I hit well, went, those i didnt, were ugly. Back to the old B330 for me.


5

#96 Uhit

Uhit

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450896
  • Joined: 01/06/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 248

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:46 PM

 idefi, on 17 November 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

 WidespreadPanic, on 16 November 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

 Uhit, on 16 November 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

 WidespreadPanic, on 16 November 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

Im a low spin driver of the ball, and I was hitting knuckle balls with the B X. In the past ive played the '14 B330(S), '16 B330S, '16 TPx, TP5, and never had a problem with too little carry bc of low spin. I hit the B330 and TPx quite a bit lower than the others bc of the low spin, but none of them compared to the low spin I was getting from the B X. I played it side by side with the TP5 and I was getting a ton more distance with the TP5. (SS 105)

It would be interesting to see, whether you get more distance and better accuracy, if you increase the loft of your driver to compensate for the low spin of the ball...
I get plenty height, distance, and accuracy with my current setup. I just didnt get along with the X. The higher spin balls suit me better.

I would second these thoughts. I have more than enough height and spin currently, thought the X would be a good move but it just doesn't want to cooperate. Miss hits due to lack of spin end up even worse and the drives I hit well, went, those i didnt, were ugly. Back to the old B330 for me.

I think it is great, that high spin player have this additional option (B X), especially if they use a comparably high spin driver...

6

#97 WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic

    Wizard in the Corner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,636 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425856
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1772

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:54 PM

My love affair with the XS has begun. The reason I seem to always go back and from the B330S and TPx/TP5 is because the B330S never really felt solid to me off the putter - it was almost had like a hollow feeling to it, and the Taylormade balls are very solid feeling. The XS has that solid thump to it, and I fell in love. The spin works for me off all clubs and I can control the trajectory when I want to. Ive had these initial love affairs before that sizzled away, but this one feels deeper than that. We have more than a physical connection. We just...get eachother.
Cobra LTD Black 10.5 ALDILA ROGUE BLACK 70
Taylormade M1 (17) 15* OBAN KIYOSHI WHITE 75
Cobra F7 5W  ALDILA ROGUE BLACK 70
Mizuno MP H5 4i  DG S300 AMT
Mizuno MP 33 5-PW  DG S300 AMT
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52*, 60*
Titleist SM5 56*
TP Red Ardmore 3
B330S

7

#98 ignitewvu

ignitewvu

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3869
  • Joined: 07/30/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 285

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:28 AM

 WidespreadPanic, on 18 November 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

My love affair with the XS has begun. The reason I seem to always go back and from the B330S and TPx/TP5 is because the B330S never really felt solid to me off the putter - it was almost had like a hollow feeling to it, and the Taylormade balls are very solid feeling. The XS has that solid thump to it, and I fell in love. The spin works for me off all clubs and I can control the trajectory when I want to. Ive had these initial love affairs before that sizzled away, but this one feels deeper than that. We have more than a physical connection. We just...get eachother.

Compared to the GOAT B330S the 2014 how does stack up?????
M3 440 9 Diamana Tensei CK Pro White 60 Stiff
M1 15 #3 Wood Diamana B80 Stiff
TI Adams Pro Hybrid 18 Matrix Altus HYBRID Stiff
TM SLDR 4i @ 39" DGSLS300
TourStage X-Blade 707's 5-PW Modus 120S
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 TG 52, 56 & 60 DGS300
Scotty Cameron Studio M2 34"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

8

#99 HidekiWoods

HidekiWoods

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 360445
  • Joined: 01/31/2015
  • Location:South
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:59 PM

Any updated reviews on the tour b x vs tour b xs?
Epic Sub Zero: Tensei PO 70 TX 8.0 deg
Steelhead XR 4+: D+ 70 X
Apex Hybrid: Kuro Kage X 18, 20, 23
Srixon Z965  5 - PW : TI S400
MD3 50, 54, 58, and PM Grind 64 S400
SeeMore Nashville

9

#100 cpeck

cpeck

    Rookie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 489470
  • Joined: 12/26/2017
  • Location:North new jersey
  • Ebay ID:chrispeck2012
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:38 PM

if I like the e6 soft , I wonder if I will get along with the BX


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#101 Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374665
  • Joined: 05/06/2015
  • Location:Brisbane, Australia
GolfWRX Likes : 373

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:22 AM

The Tour B X is now my ball of choice.

Great in the wind.

Firm but not a complete rock.

Decent amount of greenside spin.

Nice feel off the putter.

Durable (had some initial concerns but they have dissipated)

Winner.
Callaway GBB Epic 9.5 Tour AD TP 6x
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15 Project X Even Flow 75 6.5
Callaway X Forged UT 18 Project X Pxi 6.0
Callaway X Forged 4-9 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 46/52/56/60 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping Anser 4

Bridgestone Tour B X

11

#102 nsxguy

nsxguy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431858
  • Joined: 07/08/2016
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:4.7
GolfWRX Likes : 1029

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:26 PM

Great news if you love the new B330.

allingolfer.com

3 dozen for $86.
Callaway Fusion 9* Project X Handcrafted Hzrdus Black "60" 6.0
Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*
Ping G20 5-U, DG S300
Callaway PM Grind 56* SW & 64* LW
Scotty M1 Mallet

Chrome Soft TruvisYellow

12

#103 endy

endy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 166935
  • Joined: 02/29/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 569

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:06 PM

 nsxguy, on 02 January 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

Great news if you love the new B330.

allingolfer.com

3 dozen for $86.

Not too shabby. The new Tour B line has been on Ebay in the $31-$34 range as well per dozen.
Taylormade M1 440 9.5* KK DC XT 70TX (D5)
Taylormade M1 15* Diamana B80X (D5)
Taylormade M1 21* Pro White 100TX (D5)
Srixon Z965 4-PW TI S400 (D6)
Miura 51/55/59 TI S400 (D7)
Taylormade Spider S (D7)  
Srixon Z-Star XV

13

#104 WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic

    Wizard in the Corner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,636 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425856
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1772

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:47 PM

Ive been buying the BXS for $31/dz on ebay. I dont understand it, but I like it.

Edited by WidespreadPanic, 04 January 2018 - 03:48 PM.

Cobra LTD Black 10.5 ALDILA ROGUE BLACK 70
Taylormade M1 (17) 15* OBAN KIYOSHI WHITE 75
Cobra F7 5W  ALDILA ROGUE BLACK 70
Mizuno MP H5 4i  DG S300 AMT
Mizuno MP 33 5-PW  DG S300 AMT
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52*, 60*
Titleist SM5 56*
TP Red Ardmore 3
B330S

14

#105 ignitewvu

ignitewvu

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3869
  • Joined: 07/30/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 285

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:41 AM

 WidespreadPanic, on 04 January 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

Ive been buying the BXS for $31/dz on ebay. I dont understand it, but I like it.

The only bad thing about that seller is you might get you package in 4 Days or 4 Weeks........

M3 440 9 Diamana Tensei CK Pro White 60 Stiff
M1 15 #3 Wood Diamana B80 Stiff
TI Adams Pro Hybrid 18 Matrix Altus HYBRID Stiff
TM SLDR 4i @ 39" DGSLS300
TourStage X-Blade 707's 5-PW Modus 120S
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 TG 52, 56 & 60 DGS300
Scotty Cameron Studio M2 34"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

15

#106 WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic

    Wizard in the Corner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,636 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425856
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1772

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:48 PM

 ignitewvu, on 05 January 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

 WidespreadPanic, on 04 January 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

Ive been buying the BXS for $31/dz on ebay. I dont understand it, but I like it.

The only bad thing about that seller is you might get you package in 4 Days or 4 Weeks........
Luckily (not really) its about 15 degrees here and getting them in a month wouldnt bother me. But yeah I can see how that would be annoying.

Edited by WidespreadPanic, 05 January 2018 - 02:48 PM.

Cobra LTD Black 10.5 ALDILA ROGUE BLACK 70
Taylormade M1 (17) 15* OBAN KIYOSHI WHITE 75
Cobra F7 5W  ALDILA ROGUE BLACK 70
Mizuno MP H5 4i  DG S300 AMT
Mizuno MP 33 5-PW  DG S300 AMT
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52*, 60*
Titleist SM5 56*
TP Red Ardmore 3
B330S

16

#107 Maximilian

Maximilian

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106865
  • Joined: 04/25/2010
  • Location:Stockholm, Sweden
GolfWRX Likes : 401

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

Hi!

Does anyone happen to know when these are going to be released in Europe? Thanks,
M

17

#108 Uhit

Uhit

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450896
  • Joined: 01/06/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 248

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:49 PM

 Maximilian, on 06 January 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

Hi!

Does anyone happen to know when these are going to be released in Europe? Thanks,
M

No, but I grabbed some via Amazon...
...couldn't wait...

18

#109 Nic1972

Nic1972

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 350971
  • Joined: 12/06/2014
  • Location:Italy
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 139

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:10 PM

 Maximilian, on 06 January 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

Hi!

Does anyone happen to know when these are going to be released in Europe? Thanks,
M

I contacted Bridgestone Germany and the answer was January 2018.
Driver: Nike Covert Pro 2.0 / Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Ltd 60 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
Mini-Driver: Callaway X2Hot 2-Deep / Aldila Tour Green ATX75 3.7 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP / Matrix Ozik Rul 80 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
DI: Adams DHY Pro (18') /  Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
Hybrids: Titleist 585H (21); Adams 9031 Pro (24) / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
Irons: Mizuno MP H-5 (4 Iron); Mizuno MP 4 (5 - PW) / Mitsubishi OT-I 105 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
Wedges: Vokey SM 7 (50F08, 54M08, 58L04) / Project X LZ 6.0 / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
Putter: Yes Callie & Scotty Cameron California Fastback / UST Mamiya Frequency Filtered / Golf Pride Tour SNSR 104 Pistol
Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
Apparel: Nike
Glove: Nike Tour Classic
Shoes: Nike Lunar Command 2
Bag: Nike

19

#110 Maximilian

Maximilian

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106865
  • Joined: 04/25/2010
  • Location:Stockholm, Sweden
GolfWRX Likes : 401

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:43 PM

 Nic1972, on 06 January 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

 Maximilian, on 06 January 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

Hi!

Does anyone happen to know when these are going to be released in Europe? Thanks,
M

I contacted Bridgestone Germany and the answer was January 2018.
Thank you, this is great news!
M


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#111 Banker

Banker

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54006
  • Joined: 04/18/2008
  • Location:The Swamp
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 136

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:24 PM

I played a B XS yesterday.

First, it looked almost just as good on hole 18 as it did on the 1st tee. Very durable and bright white. Really good around the greens too. Softer than Im used to coming from 15 & 16 pro v xs & TM Lethals. Made more putts yesterday than i have in ages. Ball feels great off the putter, again softer than what Im used to but seemed like it was a good thing yesterday at least.

I did not like in the wind though. Very unpredictable to me. It blew around 15mph pretty steady yesterday and I really had to account for the wind, especially into. Maybe its a little too spinny for me, but it wasnt acting like it out of control on normal approach shots.

Length was pretty much what Ive come to expect from the xs and lethals.

Ill play it again next time out but will also try the regular X too.
M1 10.5*
RBZ Stage 2 14*
Adams Idea Pro 18*
Ping I25 3-UW
Ping Tour S 54* & 60*
Piretti CW II

21

#112 Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374665
  • Joined: 05/06/2015
  • Location:Brisbane, Australia
GolfWRX Likes : 373

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:29 PM

Regular X is great in the wind. Its the main reason I use it over the XS.
Callaway GBB Epic 9.5 Tour AD TP 6x
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15 Project X Even Flow 75 6.5
Callaway X Forged UT 18 Project X Pxi 6.0
Callaway X Forged 4-9 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 46/52/56/60 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping Anser 4

Bridgestone Tour B X

22

#113 buckI

buckI

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91171
  • Joined: 08/09/2009
  • Location:Richmond, VA
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 58

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:41 PM

Not great news.   The 2014 B330s was phenomenal ball especially to me in the wind.  I personally liked it more than the 2016 and sounds like the 2018 would be in the same pattern for me.
Ping G400  10.5* - Ping Tour 65
Ping G 3 Wood 14.5* - Tour stiff
Ping i15 20/23 - UST Axivcore stiff
Ping I25 5-pw - CFS S Cushin +1/4
Ping Glide 52/56/60 SS
Ping Redwood Anser - Starshot Finish

23

#114 Hot Rod 71

Hot Rod 71

    #TheWRX

  • BST Volunteer Mods
  • 8,078 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108037
  • Joined: 05/15/2010
  • Location:RVA
  • Handicap:low
GolfWRX Likes : 6310

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:07 PM

The more I read about the BX vs the BXS the more confused I am..... :dntknw:
Callaway Rogue 10*- PX EvenFlow Black 65X
Callaway Epic 16* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X
Callaway 2018 X-Forged 4-PW - DGTI AWT S400
Callaway MD2 52, 56, 60 - DGTI S400
Yes! Jenny Tour
2018 Callaway Chrome Soft X

24

#115 Outlier

Outlier

    OUTLIER

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105230
  • Joined: 03/23/2010
  • Location:Ice Cold in Charlotte, NC
  • Handicap:1906
GolfWRX Likes : 341

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:05 PM

 Mustng5, on 25 September 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

I ordered the 4 pack sample will test them tomorrow

Curious,  what is that avatar?


25

#116 dwboston

dwboston

    Major Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51575
  • Joined: 03/16/2008
  • Ebay ID:dwboston1
GolfWRX Likes : 490

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:00 AM

I picked up a couple of boxes of the Tour B X during the 2 for $70 sale.  I played the Pro V1 for years, then switched to the Pro V1 X when Titleist switched the balls up last year.  There wasn't a ton of info to go on with the Tour B balls, so I went with the X based on what I could find.  I'm a 7 hcp, around 103-105 with the driver, 165 carry with a 7 iron.  

First impressions of the Tour B X are really good.  It feels really nice with all clubs - not hard or mushy soft, but somewhere in between.  It appears to spin more than the Pro V1 X with the irons and wedges - I had two wedge shots yesterday that landed next to the flag and spun back a decent amount.  It holds its line pretty well in the wind. I have a TeCu insert putter and the ball feels really nice off the face. I like the ball a lot so far.  I'll have to play it more to see if the increased spin was a function of conditions or if that is how the ball plays.  I'm not used to playing for any backspin with wedges after using the Pro V1 series for so many years.  I highly recommend the Tour B X for anyone looking for an alternative to the Pro V1 X.
Titleist 917 D2 10.5*, GD AD DI 7S | Titleist 915F 16.5*, GD AD DI 8S | Titleist 915 H 21*, GD AD DI 105S
Bridgestone J15 CB, 4-PW, Recoil Proto 125 F4 | Vokey SM6 52.08F | Vokey SM6 56.10S | Vokey SM7 60.12D
Lajosi Bayzie HSM, 34"/360g

26

#117 Landy

Landy

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,812 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1701
  • Joined: 06/15/2005
  • Location:Weston FL USA
  • Ebay ID:landygir
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:09 PM

Hello - Has anyone compared the Tour B RX to the Titleist AVX?  Thank you

27

#118 kcd38

kcd38

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 488364
  • Joined: 12/08/2017
  • Location:Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:54 PM

I have been testing the Tour B XS against the '17 Pro V 1 and the TP5

I have found that the TP5 definitely flies the highest of the three. The Pro V and Tour B have a more penetrating flight across all clubs.

In terms of feel, I found that the Tour B XS feels the softest with the Pro V close behind. The Tour B definitely bites the hardest on the greens and has spin comparative to the Pro V.

Off the tee, the Pro V and the Tour B XS were very similar in terms of distance.

Right now, my top 2 are the Tour B XS and the Pro V. The TP5, while still a good ball, felt a little too hard for me and flew a little too high for my preference.
WITB:

Driver - PING G400 LST 8.5, Alta CB 55 Stiff
3 Wood - 2016 Taylormade M2 HL
3 Hybrid - Mizuno CLK 19 degree, Speeder HB 75 Stiff
4 Iron - Mizuno MP-H5, Project X Rifle 5.5
5-PW - Mizuno MP-25, Project X LZ 5.5
Wedges - Mizuno T7 (52,58)
Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Black

28

#119 asumnerdawg

asumnerdawg

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 222397
  • Joined: 01/17/2013
  • Location:Adel, Ga
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:25 PM

I'm still lost from these reviews.  I picked up a dozen B X and B XS from tgw for the $70 deal.  I'm ~107 ss with driver so I'll test once they come in and report back.
Driver: Cobra F8+ with Evenflow blue 65 6.5
3wd: TEE CB Pro 14.5 Speeder 757 stiff
5wd: Cobra F6 Baffler set at 17.5
4-5 iron: G400 green dot CFS stiff, 4 iron power spec
6-PW: Ping i200 green dot CFS stiff
52/12 F: Vokey sm7 2 up
58/12 D: Vokey sm7 2 up
Putter: Ping Anser Milled 5/Spider Tour Platinum
Ball: Bridgestone Tour BX

29

#120 ZNDavis

ZNDavis

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 488880
  • Joined: 12/17/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:49 PM

 asumnerdawg, on 15 March 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

I'm still lost from these reviews.  I picked up a dozen B X and B XS from tgw for the $70 deal.  I'm ~107 ss with driver so I'll test once they come in and report back.

Holler once you get some time with them. Still confused what the rubber-meets-the-road difference is between them other than compression and a slightly softer cover

Titleist 915D2
Titleist 915F
Ping G25 23o hybrid
Titleist T-MB 2 iron
Bridgestone J40 DPC 5 - 9 irons
Vokey SM5 46o, 52o, 56o, 60o wedges
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant
______________________

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors