Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Matrix OZIK MFS M4 or M3 BLACK TIE vs Fujikura Motore Speeder 757 vs Ping Tour 80

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Swopes30

Swopes30

Swopes30

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121810
  • Handicap:9.0
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:42 PM

I'm needing some WRX knowledge on the above shafts.

I am currently playing the Ping Tour 80 in an xflex in my G LST driver.  My swing speed is 105 to 110 with a quick transition.  I've cut it down to 44.5 and am enjoying the tighter dispersion but am not in love with the feel,  it feels a little dead to me.  I was playing the Ping tour in 65 stiff before but a hook would come in to play to often with my quick transition.  

I'm interested in some feed back on the Matrix M4 or M3 black tie and the Speeder 757 in comparison to the tour 80.  I'm also going back an forth on if I should go lighter in any of the 4 shafts.  I think the added weight helps me keep my swing in more control but am also wondering if it's the reason the 80 feels a little dead.  I know the M4 black tie and Speeder are older shafts but I've found some really great deals on them and I'm not looking to spend a fortune on anything new.

Thanks in advance for your feed back.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Swopes30

Swopes30

Swopes30

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121810
  • Handicap:9.0
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:21 PM

Anybody able to help out with their opinion on these shafts?

#3 EliasChua

EliasChua

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 206771
  • Ebay ID:etc_delaware
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:25 PM

I've been playing the Matrix Ozik HD Black Tie 5m3 for quite some time now.  Absolutely love the stability.  Low ball flight.  I've used it in the 915, 916 and GBB Epic.  I personally haven't found a better shaft if you like a stiff feel.  Light weight but they come in many weights indicated by the first number.  5 50g, 6 60g etc.

They've come out with the M4 version so the M3 seems to be easy to find on Ebay.

#4 sneaky_pete

sneaky_pete

insufficiently adult

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447294
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 192

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:53 AM

You just pumped some air into an old thread lol!!

Just to keep it going - I have a Black Tie 6M3 and a 5M4 in X Flex for my Ping G.  Both great shafts - I find the 5M4 a little softer in flex but both of them give me a nice low ball flight.  I did have the Ping Tour 65 in an X Flex but found it to be too boardy for my liking.  I swing smoothly at 105mph and went with X Flexes for the stability.  The 6M3 and 5M4 are great low spin/low ball flight shafts.
Ping G400 Max 9* Ping Tour 65 Stiff
Adams Speedline Super S Fairway 15* Matrix Ozik HD Radix S VI Shaft Stiff Flex
Mizuno Fli-Hi II 18* Driving Iron Mizuno Exsar Shaft Stiff Flex
Maltby DBM Forged Irons 3 - 9 True Temper Dynalite Gold XP S300 Shafts
Cleveland CBX 46*, 52* & 58* Wedges True Temper Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
Cleveland Smart Square TFI RHO fitted with Iomic Midsize Grip (Black)
Grips:  Lamkin UTX Midsize (Black)
Ball:  Srixon Z-Star (Yellow) or Wilson Staff FG Tour
GPS: Sonocaddie V300
Range Finder:  Leupold GX-3i2
Cart:  Clicgear 3.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors