Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Does Tiger Woods need golf more than golf needs Tiger Woods?


287 replies to this topic

#1 Need4spd

Need4spd

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53885
  • Joined: 04/16/2008
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 126

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:53 PM

This question was posed by Golf.com on Twitter this afternoon. Interesting little two minute piece posted with it. Although I'm not too familiar with the analyst in the video I thought he was very well spoken and thought provoking.

Edited by Need4spd, 20 September 2017 - 08:02 PM.

In the Hoofer

TaylorMade M2 9.5* (2016) Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6X
TaylorMade M2 15* (2016) Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7X
TaylorMade Tour Preferred UDI #3 KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95|X
Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.10F | 54.10S | 58.10S Project X LZ 6.5
Bettinardi Studio Stock #8
TaylorMade TP5X

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 mackepa

mackepa

    #TheWRX

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38775
  • Joined: 09/04/2007
  • Location:Cincinnati, Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 1931

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:57 PM

I genuinely believe time away from golf and the lime light is best for Tiger. Just let him have something close to a normal life.

#TheWRX 12/11/16

Fujikura Atmos Testing 3/17


http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__2550

Callaway WITB

EPIC SubZero  8* w/ AD TP 6s 44.75"

Epic 13.5 w/ AD TP 7s 42.75"

Apex Hybrid 18* w/ AD-DI 85 stiff 1* flat

Apex UT 21* W/ KBS Tour V 120X

Apex MB 4-GW W/ KBS Tour V 120X

MD Forged 55, 59 w/ DG TI s400

Toulon Garage Austin 35.5" or Odyssey O Works Black 7S 35.5"

2

#3 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,443 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 19382

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:07 PM

No one knows for sure. Golf is doing ok and surviving at the pro level, so it will be fine.

Tiger deserves a normal life for a change. Time away could be nice for him. But if he's truly capable of appreciating and enjoying it no one knows
Callaway Epic Subzero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Steelhead XR 3 iron w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S200
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

3

#4 seve1972

seve1972

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124438
  • Joined: 03/13/2011
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:23 PM

Aaawwww jeeez........let let Tiger RIP

4

#5 Frostfield

Frostfield

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 227321
  • Joined: 02/06/2013
  • Location:Robinson, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 372

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:29 PM

He needs winning golf more than golf needs him.  All he knows.


5

#6 MidwestGolfBum

MidwestGolfBum

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 963 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 304799
  • Joined: 03/31/2014
  • Location:No Coast, USA
GolfWRX Likes : 501

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:32 PM

If he is able to lead as normal of a life as he can at this point outside of the limelight and outside of golf, then good on him. Golf isn't going to go away because he isn't playing. There may be less interest in it at the professional level from people who don't actually play the game like when Tiger was in his prime, but it's not going to die as so many have predicted.

To put it simply, an obviously this is only my opinion, no, Tiger doesn't need golf, and no golf doesn't need Tiger. We will keep talking about all the things we talk about on here, the recreational golfer will find a new person or people to follow, and the various professional tours are going to keep making money.
Titleist 917 D3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 125 TX 70
Titleist 917F3 15* Graphite Design AD-DI 7X black
Titleist 19.5* 816 H2 HZRDUS Hybrid 85G X
Titleist 714 MB 4-9 KBS Tour-V X or Cally RazrX MB 4-9 KBS Tour-V S Hard-Stepped
Vokey SM5, 52.08, 56.10, 60.08 all with hard stepped KBS Tour-V S
Byron DH89 or Piretti Proto

The bag is always a work in progress.

6

#7 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,444 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 13633

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:43 PM

Well, seeing how golf is best suited for taking naps these days

Id say, the latter

But there was a time

There was a time




7

#8 sheldonjhacker

sheldonjhacker

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,068 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87167
  • Joined: 07/01/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 1008

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:45 PM

Time to accept it:  Posted Image

8

#9 farmer

farmer

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,402 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70095
  • Joined: 12/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 2301

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:48 PM

No idea about Tiger the person other than the picture of him holding that giant lobster, which seemed like a pretty good way to live.  The question is whether the competitive fire still burns as hot.  Does he, at 42, want to spend the hours and days grinding to find a way to be competitive with his compromised body?  Can his body stand the work?  Golf, as a sport and game, is in a fine place with all the good young players out there today.  Golf doesn't need Tiger, and I suspect Tiger doesn't need golf.

9

#10 Jasonic

Jasonic

    Gamer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 277815
  • Joined: 09/25/2013
  • Location:Queens NY
  • Handicap:7.2
GolfWRX Likes : 2092

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:50 PM

Yes. I believe he doesn't know how to be a regular person since he was raised to basically be the greatest golfer ever and he's not anymore.

Cobra f7+ 9.5*- Flowerband OG WB 73x
Cobra f7 3/4 wood - 14.5* - Flowerband OG WB 83x
Srixon u45 DI - 20* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Srixon z945 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
TaylorMade Spider Limited Red
KSig or Snell MTB :)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 dbleag

dbleag

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,634 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11778
  • Joined: 02/12/2006
  • Location:USA
GolfWRX Likes : 887

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:54 PM

I am reading "The Fine Green Line: My Year of Golf Adventure on the Pro-Golf Mini-Tours" by John Newport.  

He meets Ivan Lendl at a mini-tour event in Florida where IL shoots 73/83.  They discuss whether IL is trying to get good enough to go on to the PGA Tour.  Lendl admits that he isn't nor will ever be good enough to play at the highest level, but he has "competitiveness" in his blood and has to be in an environment which allows him the rush that tennis used to give him.

Tiger may be in the same boat.

11

#12 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,444 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 13633

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:54 PM

Tiger thread!







12

#13 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
  • Joined: 07/21/2006
  • Location:Kansas
GolfWRX Likes : 4814

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:55 PM

Neither. They both just need to move on.
Callaway GBB 11.5
Callaway V Series 3w, HW
Callaway X Hot2 9 wood
Ping G 4-U
Miura 53 Y grind
Vokey 58 M grind
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Ping Hoofer
ECCO x4

13

#14 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

    Happy Holidays!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 11,809 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
  • Joined: 12/27/2009
  • Location:Iowa
GolfWRX Likes : 7760

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:57 PM

Who tf knows, just another click bait piece of "journalism" - not worthy of the read.
"We've Got That Holiday Feeling!" - Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme

14

#15 Need4spd

Need4spd

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53885
  • Joined: 04/16/2008
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 126

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:15 PM

View PostHawkeye77, on 20 September 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

Who tf knows, just another click bait piece of "journalism" - not worthy of the read.

Forums like this need more folks like yourself. Quality post.

In the Hoofer

TaylorMade M2 9.5* (2016) Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6X
TaylorMade M2 15* (2016) Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7X
TaylorMade Tour Preferred UDI #3 KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95|X
Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.10F | 54.10S | 58.10S Project X LZ 6.5
Bettinardi Studio Stock #8
TaylorMade TP5X

15

#16 new2g0lf

new2g0lf

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,055 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114437
  • Joined: 09/06/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 1261

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:23 PM

Only Tiger knows how much he misses golf or needs it in his life.  If his abuse / addiction to drugs is a result from being away from golf then I'd say he needs golf more than golf needs him.  

As for golf, no one moves the needle like Tiger did and to some degree does.  He's a legend of the game that many feel was cheated out of fulfilling his true potential due to character flaws and the death of his father.  We all would welcome a healthy and determined Tiger back to golf and hope that he could make another run at Jack's records.  

What I believe hurts golf most is the indecision of Tiger to retire or come back.  It's like repeatedly ripping the scab off of a bad wound.  Just as we start to get people excited about the young golfers on the Tour, Tiger does a press conference or a photo shoot and suddenly everyone stops talking about the young stars and the conversation is focused on Tiger and his ability to come back.

16

#17 Equipto

Equipto

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 475734
  • Joined: 07/19/2017
  • Location:SF Bay Area
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:05 PM

I think someone as fiery as him needs some competitive goals in his life.  I don't think it's a question of who needs who more, but rather how can he keep a sense of accomplishment and being able to work towards it.  Or else (pure speculation) we could see more of the sad stories with substance abuse etc.  it's easy to slip that way if you don't have meaningful work (and a ton of cash).

17

#18 scotee

scotee

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69498
  • Joined: 11/18/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 9128

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:46 PM

He could be quietly sitting out a suspension enforced by the PGA for substance abuse. They will never say and we may never know.

http://www.msn.com/e...eoqb?li=BBnb7Kz
Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

18

#19 Tim Schoch

Tim Schoch

    Swing like it already happened.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 644 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49536
  • Joined: 02/22/2008
  • Location:Troy, VA
  • Handicap:14
  • Ebay ID:DejaGolf
GolfWRX Likes : 258

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:46 PM

I grew up in the Arnie-->Jack era.  Also, Superman and Batman comics, etc., "Combat" and "The Untouchables" on TV.  I grew up knowing that somewhere out there are bigger than life heroes.

Tiger stepped in and roared louder than anyone ever has. Now that he's silent, no one is roaring. I hear faint growls or tummy rumbles, but that's it. Today, golf has a normal cast of characters, none really bullying anyone else, some better than others, but sometimes I think a good sandwich might be more thrilling. Whether Tiger comes back or not doesn't really matter, since he'll never dominate again.

Without a hero, we need to rely on week-to-week drama, no matter who is in contention. We need to love golf and a fight to the finish.  But a fight among kittens isn't the same as a feeding frenzy of Tiger. Me, I need an a** kicker.

Which is why the long drive championship gets my vote to expand bigtime....and daytime....and expand beyond drivers.  200 yard sand wedges anyone?

Edited by Tim Schoch, 20 September 2017 - 10:48 PM.

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

WIMB
TaylorMade Burner driver 10.5* REAX Reg
TaylorMade Burner 3-wood 15* REAX Reg
TaylorMade Burner 5-wood 18* REAX Reg
Hogan Apex Edge 4-E, SW, LW - Apex Edge 3 Graphite
Ping Pal 4 BeCu or Odyssey 2-Ball Blade putter

19

#20 PGArox

PGArox

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,516 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89725
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Los Angeles, CA USA
GolfWRX Likes : 4929

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:50 PM

Never look back.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 BlackDiamondPar5

BlackDiamondPar5

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71580
  • Joined: 12/30/2008
  • Location:Western NY
GolfWRX Likes : 1895

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:12 AM

View Postnew2g0lf, on 20 September 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

Only Tiger knows how much he misses golf or needs it in his life.  If his abuse / addiction to drugs is a result from being away from golf then I'd say he needs golf more than golf needs him.  

As for golf, no one moves the needle like Tiger did and to some degree does.  He's a legend of the game that many feel was cheated out of fulfilling his true potential due to character flaws and the death of his father.  We all would welcome a healthy and determined Tiger back to golf and hope that he could make another run at Jack's records.  

What I believe hurts golf most is the indecision of Tiger to retire or come back.  It's like repeatedly ripping the scab off of a bad wound.  Just as we start to get people excited about the young golfers on the Tour, Tiger does a press conference or a photo shoot and suddenly everyone stops talking about the young stars and the conversation is focused on Tiger and his ability to come back.
I really see no one outside of golfwrx and some golf centric news sources talking about Tiger any more except for his dui. Most have moved on.

21

#22 Ferguson

Ferguson

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371587
  • Joined: 04/16/2015
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:6.6
GolfWRX Likes : 2233

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:44 AM

View PostHawkeye77, on 20 September 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

Who tf knows, just another click bait piece of "journalism" - not worthy of the read.



Just like those two I saw last week on Golfguytalking.com:


"Is Jordan Spieth going bald or is he just growing into his forehead?"


"Do extraordinarily high apex tournament golf shots cause fans to accidentally burn their retinas by looking at the sun and, if so, is the PGA and USGA responsible to provide special glasses, or at the very least a warning, or should there be a limit to golf shot height? "

22

#23 MountainGoat

MountainGoat

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450210
  • Joined: 12/30/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 442

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:46 AM

Tiger desperately needs golf.  The DUI arrest was a crushing blow.  I predict that by this time next year, we'll be hearing that Tiger's foundation is in trouble.

23

#24 bladehunter

bladehunter

    Cubs win ! Cubs win!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,751 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 12065

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:30 AM

View PostFerguson, on 21 September 2017 - 05:44 AM, said:

View PostHawkeye77, on 20 September 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

Who tf knows, just another click bait piece of "journalism" - not worthy of the read.



Just like those two I saw last week on Golfguytalking.com:


"Is Jordan Spieth going bald or is he just growing into his forehead?"


"Do extraordinarily high apex tournament golf shots cause fans to accidentally burn their retinas by looking at the sun and, if so, is the PGA and USGA responsible to provide special glasses, or at the very least a warning, or should there be a limit to golf shot height? "


exactly.....exactly..... todays media and millenial fan has no clue what a player like Tiger would do to todays fields....   they are worried about the amount of charge on their phones, and whether or not Rickie Fowler has anew tatoo and if its spelled correctly... i want to see him come back and just make 1 run... just 1 -2 year run where he shows them what a Player looks like.... what it looks like when its the same gy kicking your a** every week. not todays "turn taking" weekly winners.....

  Now im not dillusional.. i know its not likely, but theres no arguing that it wouldnt be great for the game , and great to raise the level of competiton...
17 M2 V2 8  tour head  Aldila Tour Blue 85 TX  (Tour only Rogue Graphics)
17 M1 14.5   tour head Graphite Design   AD DI 8X
17 M2 17.5   tour head Aerotech 70 F6 Prototype
Vega VDC-01 Raw Handground 3-pw Modus 130X
Vega VW-02 Raw  56 60 Modus 130S
009 GSS 1.5  , Beached, tungsten sole weights
Bridgestone B330S

24

#25 Tim Schoch

Tim Schoch

    Swing like it already happened.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 644 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49536
  • Joined: 02/22/2008
  • Location:Troy, VA
  • Handicap:14
  • Ebay ID:DejaGolf
GolfWRX Likes : 258

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:50 AM

View PostPGArox, on 20 September 2017 - 10:50 PM, said:

Never look back.

Why not?  Isn't history how we judge the present?  I think what you mean is "You can never go back."  Which is true, at least today.

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

WIMB
TaylorMade Burner driver 10.5* REAX Reg
TaylorMade Burner 3-wood 15* REAX Reg
TaylorMade Burner 5-wood 18* REAX Reg
Hogan Apex Edge 4-E, SW, LW - Apex Edge 3 Graphite
Ping Pal 4 BeCu or Odyssey 2-Ball Blade putter

25

#26 PGArox

PGArox

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,516 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89725
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Los Angeles, CA USA
GolfWRX Likes : 4929

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:41 AM

View PostTim Schoch, on 21 September 2017 - 07:50 AM, said:

View PostPGArox, on 20 September 2017 - 10:50 PM, said:

Never look back.

Why not?  Isn't history how we judge the present?  I think what you mean is "You can never go back."  Which is true, at least today.

Perhaps what I meant was don't pine for yesterday.

26

#27 Man_O_War

Man_O_War

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,775 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135721
  • Joined: 08/08/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 799

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:15 AM

if you think golf is popular now...imagine a scenario...Tiger comes back and wins two majors in a row...at some point...there are dormant fans who will rise up from dormancy.  other than that...both need each other.
Cobra LTD Pro Fujikura Speeder Evolution II 661
Cobra LTD 3/4  Kai'li 80
Cobra LTD 4/5  Kai'li 80
TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*/Cobra F6 Tour Issue Hybrid 3/4 UST IROD/
Srixon Z945 4-PW Modus3 125
Nike Engage Wedges 52 sq, 54 sq, 58 TS, 60 TS KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6 Black/Bettinardi Studio Stock #2/B Grace Artist Series
Nike RZN tour Plat/Black/Srixon Z-STAR XV

27

#28 Bomber_

Bomber_

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,350 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:+1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 2926

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:36 AM

I don't think Tiger's body will allow him the practice and training that it would require to get back to the top.

And I don't think he has any interest in playing if he isn't at a level that can win tournaments.

Therefore I don't think we'll ever see him playing a full schedule again on the PGA Tour. If he can stay healthy he may play a Stricker-like schedule of 10-15 tournaments a year to try and avoid overuse and injury.

That way he can show good form and be chosen for Ryder Cups and Presidents Cups, because I know it bugs him to miss team events like those. He thrives on the camaraderie and us vs. them mentality.

He likely sees that through course development, youth camps, and his foundation he can help in many ways, while still enjoying his children's early lives.

Golf would love to have him back, he'd love to have winning golf back, but I'd be surprised if Tiger wins on tour again. And I'm among the bigger TW fans you'll ever meet.
Entire Bag under Construction for 2018

Work. Play. Win. Repeat.

28

#29 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,444 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 13633

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:58 AM

View PostBomber_11, on 21 September 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

I don't think Tiger's body will allow him the practice and training that it would require to get back to the top.

And I don't think he has any interest in playing if he isn't at a level that can win tournaments.


Therefore I don't think we'll ever see him playing a full schedule again on the PGA Tour. If he can stay healthy he may play a Stricker-like schedule of 10-15 tournaments a year to try and avoid overuse and injury.

That way he can show good form and be chosen for Ryder Cups and Presidents Cups, because I know it bugs him to miss team events like those. He thrives on the camaraderie and us vs. them mentality.

He likely sees that through course development, youth camps, and his foundation he can help in many ways, while still enjoying his children's early lives.

Golf would love to have him back, he'd love to have winning golf back, but I'd be surprised if Tiger wins on tour again. And I'm among the bigger TW fans you'll ever meet.

I tend to agree. With the resources available to him, he needs to search far and wide for a possible solution that *could* enable him to attain the physical form required to compete at the pro level. I'm not sure if "western" ideas of physical training are on target here.

Need to with some

Shaolin monk style stuff

Be like


Posted Image

29

#30 Ferguson

Ferguson

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371587
  • Joined: 04/16/2015
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:6.6
GolfWRX Likes : 2233

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:07 AM

View Postbscinstnct, on 21 September 2017 - 09:58 AM, said:

View PostBomber_11, on 21 September 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

I don't think Tiger's body will allow him the practice and training that it would require to get back to the top.

And I don't think he has any interest in playing if he isn't at a level that can win tournaments.


Therefore I don't think we'll ever see him playing a full schedule again on the PGA Tour. If he can stay healthy he may play a Stricker-like schedule of 10-15 tournaments a year to try and avoid overuse and injury.

That way he can show good form and be chosen for Ryder Cups and Presidents Cups, because I know it bugs him to miss team events like those. He thrives on the camaraderie and us vs. them mentality.

He likely sees that through course development, youth camps, and his foundation he can help in many ways, while still enjoying his children's early lives.

Golf would love to have him back, he'd love to have winning golf back, but I'd be surprised if Tiger wins on tour again. And I'm among the bigger TW fans you'll ever meet.

I tend to agree. With the resources available to him, he needs to search far and wide for a possible solution that *could* enable him to attain the physical form required to compete at the pro level. I'm not sure if "western" ideas of physical training are on target here.

Need to with some

Shaolin monk style stuff

Be like


Posted Image


what's a monk doing wearing polyester pants, and shoes with closed cell polyurethane soles?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors