Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * - - 7 votes

TaylorMade M3 and M4 Drivers and Metalwoods


1364 replies to this topic

#961 Peanut191

Peanut191

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 299122
  • Joined: 02/27/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 594

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:01 AM

View PostSmitty120, on 12 February 2018 - 11:05 PM, said:

Testing my M4 with my go to shaft AD TP 7TX this Wednesday on course.   Will be nice to get it outdoors for once and not have to watch the monitor.  The stock weight screw as said is 3g in my head.  I do not see any HotMelt in the head, but my 17 M2 did have a little by the rear weight screw.  The M4 head with out adapter is 195g.  Before adding Hotmelt to this retail head I am going to have the loft checked and dial in placement for melt with lead tape.  Currently have Tape from behind the hammerhead slots going back to rear weight.  Added 7g to achieve my preferred SW of D4 @ my 44.75” playing length.   Will report back Wednesday evening with thoughts.  

Attachment 56805150-FA07-401E-9693-A5FC8B9EA304.jpegAttachment 9B7C8EFB-EC22-4C91-ABEB-AED9FFD0E229.jpegAttachment 316AAF53-EB8F-4B6C-B8C8-87C22EED3004.jpeg

Cool, looking forward to your thoughts, especially with the TP.

M2 10.5, set to 9.75, D5, KK XT 70s
M2 Tour 16.5, Diamana Thump 85s
Titleist 913 21* Kiyoshi White 95 04 flex
Srixon 745 4-PW, Dynamic Gold 115s
Vokey 56F 14 bounce, Vokey Wedgeworks 60K 6 bounce
Scotty Newport 1.5

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#962 From_Parts_Unknown

From_Parts_Unknown

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123904
  • Joined: 03/07/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 1137

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:39 AM

For those who have the M3 or M4 driver, does the twist face make it hard to juggle/bounce the ball on the face?

2

#963 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Habitual Line Stepper

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,982 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 4062

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:44 AM

View PostFrom_Parts_Unknown, on 13 February 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

For those who have the M3 or M4 driver, does the twist face make it hard to juggle/bounce the ball on the face?
just hit the middle and you'll be fine.

M3 460 10.5 / Diamana DF 70TX Tipped 1"

M4 3W / Diamana BF 90TX

P790 3I / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

MP18 MB 4I-PW /  CTaper Lite X

SM7 52 (8), 58 (8)  /  DG S200

MD3 Chrome 64 (8)  /  DG S200


Putters:

Piretti Tour Custom 801R / 35.5"


TP5x #1 "GIO"


3

#964 J13

J13

    Dad golf

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 13,068 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76984
  • Joined: 03/08/2009
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:+1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 5969

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:45 AM

View PostSmitty120, on 12 February 2018 - 11:05 PM, said:

Testing my M4 with my go to shaft AD TP 7TX this Wednesday on course.   Will be nice to get it outdoors for once and not have to watch the monitor.  The stock weight screw as said is 3g in my head.  I do not see any HotMelt in the head, but my 17 M2 did have a little by the rear weight screw.  The M4 head with out adapter is 195g.  Before adding Hotmelt to this retail head I am going to have the loft checked and dial in placement for melt with lead tape.  Currently have Tape from behind the hammerhead slots going back to rear weight.  Added 7g to achieve my preferred SW of D4 @ my 44.75" playing length.   Will report back Wednesday evening with thoughts.  

Attachment 56805150-FA07-401E-9693-A5FC8B9EA304.jpegAttachment 9B7C8EFB-EC22-4C91-ABEB-AED9FFD0E229.jpeg

Look forward to hearing about it......and trying it ;)
Ping G400 LST 8.5* / Xphlexxx Modena F7 Prototype 7TX
Nike VR Pro LTD 15* / Aldila RIP 80X
Srixon U45 20* / Aldila RIP 105X
Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
Odyssey White Hot Versa #6 Tour issue
Srixon Zstar XV


GolfWrx WITB Podcast: http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/

WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

Instagram @Jminis13
https://www.instagra...jminis13/?hl=en

4

#965 JStang

JStang

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122217
  • Joined: 02/13/2011
  • Location:FL
  • Handicap:7.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1345

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:54 AM

View PostFrom_Parts_Unknown, on 13 February 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

For those who have the M3 or M4 driver, does the twist face make it hard to juggle/bounce the ball on the face?

This made me LOL.

TS3 | 917 F2 | 915H 2&3 | 718 AP2 | Vokey SM6 52, 58 | Byron Morgan DH89

5

#966 jah7838

jah7838

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76786
  • Joined: 03/05/2009
  • Ebay ID:jah7838
GolfWRX Likes : 86

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:56 AM

I've tried the M3 a few times at my local golf shop and really like the feel of it.  Swing speed is not where it normally is, but that's to be expected since I haven't been able to play or practice much lately.  I'm not a fan of the 60 gram Tensei White in stiff.  I should be swinging a stiff flex when I'm playing a bunch, but I got better numbers with the 70g X-stiff, but my swing was barely topping out at 96 when I tried it.

I'm going to have to find another golf shop that has a 70g Rogue Silver to test, since that is the current shaft that I use with my KING LTD Pro.  My miss is a heel shot, and the TwistFace seemed to help keep me a little straighter on those shots.  I'm going to try it again in a few weeks after I've been able to play more and get my swing speed back up a bit.  I'm a definite fan of the feel and the look of the Silver/Black color scheme.
WITB
Driver: Cobra KING LTD Pro Aldila Rogue Silver 70s or Proforce V2 7F4
Fairway: Cobra Fly Z+ 3/4 set to 16* Attas Elements Earth 80s
Hybrids: 19* Adams XTD Super Hybrid Proforce V2 100s or 19* Adams VTS, 23 Adams Super 9031 S300
Irons:  5-PW Fly Z+ DGTI S400
Wedges: 50*, 54*, 58* TM Milled Grind Standard Bounch
Putter: Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish

6

#967 Smitty120

Smitty120

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 225 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 162903
  • Joined: 02/13/2012
  • Location:MD
GolfWRX Likes : 157

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:03 AM

View PostJ13, on 13 February 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

View PostSmitty120, on 12 February 2018 - 11:05 PM, said:

Testing my M4 with my go to shaft AD TP 7TX this Wednesday on course.   Will be nice to get it outdoors for once and not have to watch the monitor.  The stock weight screw as said is 3g in my head.  I do not see any HotMelt in the head, but my 17 M2 did have a little by the rear weight screw.  The M4 head with out adapter is 195g.  Before adding Hotmelt to this retail head I am going to have the loft checked and dial in placement for melt with lead tape.  Currently have Tape from behind the hammerhead slots going back to rear weight.  Added 7g to achieve my preferred SW of D4 @ my 44.75" playing length.   Will report back Wednesday evening with thoughts.  

Attachment 56805150-FA07-401E-9693-A5FC8B9EA304.jpegAttachment 9B7C8EFB-EC22-4C91-ABEB-AED9FFD0E229.jpeg

Look forward to hearing about it......and trying it ;)

Sure thing.... Once tinkering is done it will need the J13 Tour Melt job!!  :pimp:
M4 (9.5*) - Tensei CK Pro White 70TX
M3 HL - Tensei CK Pro White 80TX
TM P790 3 Iron - AD DI 95X
Mizuno 919 Tour 4-PW Nippon Modus 120 TX
TM MG Raw 52*, 57*... Hi-Toe 61* - DG Tour Issue S400

Jailbird Mini S
TP5

7

#968 blink3665

blink3665

    #TwistFaceExperience

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,131 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132182
  • Joined: 07/02/2011
  • Location:Seattle
GolfWRX Likes : 1933

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:04 PM

View PostFrom_Parts_Unknown, on 13 February 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

For those who have the M3 or M4 driver, does the twist face make it hard to juggle/bounce the ball on the face?

That was one of the biggest concerns that they addressed while we were there.  They knew we were going to go into that room armed with a ton of questions about juggling.  Luckily I can tell you that they had demo clubs for us to all juggle with.  I only broke 4 windows and sent 2 people to the hospital.  I'd like to point out that Twist Face helped me break less windows than my average.  Twist Face was made to address the concerns of 80% of the data they had.  There will be some people out there that Twist Face MAY exacerbate the miss on their juggling.  We highly recommend that you get fit to see if Twist Face is right for your juggling needs.
Srixon z785 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65
Taylormade M3 HL MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
Taylormade M4 19* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")
Taylormade M4 22* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (39.75")
Srixon 545 - 5-PW - 2* flat - Modus3 120s - Best Grips Classic
Cleveland RTX4 49/54* mid, 58* xlow  -0.75" - 2* flat
TM Hi Toe 58* 2* flat
Slighter Proto 1 - #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
Odyssey OWorks 2ball - 32"
GolfWRX (Nike Collegiate) bag (White) / Nike HyperAdapt
WITB Link

8

#969 brushie

brushie

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130344
  • Joined: 06/08/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:10 PM

Played a few rounds with my M3 8.5 with Tensei Orange Pro with weights all the way back.  I have had some really long great looking hits with it.  But dispersion has been worse than my Ping G400 LST.  But the M3 seems to have more pop. So I went to a Taylormade Hub and got on with a TM fitter and trackman.  Well, I don't spin the M3 enough.  We tried a lot of combos with other shafts in the M3 head.  It's a shame cause I was getting 1.5 smash and my good shots on the course were long.  We ended up in the M4 at 9.5 degrees and a Matrix Black Tie shaft.  That seemed to tighten up dispersion.  Kept launch at 11* and spin at 2200.  I haven't tried a Black Tie in a long time and this felt a lot better than I remembered.  The fitter did say he has been about 50/50 between fitting people into M3 and M4.  Last year the M1 didn't work for many people.  It was too low spin.  And a lot of people have had a lot of success with the Atmos Blue shaft.
Titleist 917 D3 10.5 Kuro Kage DC 70 TX
Taylormade M3 15* Tensei Pro White 80 TX with Tensei Pro Blue graphics
Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei White X-Flex
Titleist 718 AP3 KBS S Taper S+ 4 iron
Titleist 718 CB KBS S Taper S+ 5-9
Vokey 46F, 50F, 54K
Taylormade Hi Toe 60
Scotty Cameron Cameron & Co Newport II GSS

9

#970 SwooshLT

SwooshLT

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5901
  • Joined: 09/09/2005
  • Location:Loxahatchee,FL
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 1320

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:32 PM

View Postbrushie, on 13 February 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

Played a few rounds with my M3 8.5 with Tensei Orange Pro with weights all the way back.  I have had some really long great looking hits with it.  But dispersion has been worse than my Ping G400 LST.  But the M3 seems to have more pop. So I went to a Taylormade Hub and got on with a TM fitter and trackman.  Well, I don't spin the M3 enough.  We tried a lot of combos with other shafts in the M3 head.  It's a shame cause I was getting 1.5 smash and my good shots on the course were long.  We ended up in the M4 at 9.5 degrees and a Matrix Black Tie shaft.  That seemed to tighten up dispersion.  Kept launch at 11* and spin at 2200.  I haven't tried a Black Tie in a long time and this felt a lot better than I remembered.  The fitter did say he has been about 50/50 between fitting people into M3 and M4.  Last year the M1 didn't work for many people.  It was too low spin.  And a lot of people have had a lot of success with the Atmos Blue shaft.


Did you try lofting up the 8.5 M3? A 9.5 M3 has more spin for me than 10.5 17 M1....


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#971 brushie

brushie

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130344
  • Joined: 06/08/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:39 PM

View PostSwooshLT, on 13 February 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

View Postbrushie, on 13 February 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

Played a few rounds with my M3 8.5 with Tensei Orange Pro with weights all the way back.  I have had some really long great looking hits with it.  But dispersion has been worse than my Ping G400 LST.  But the M3 seems to have more pop. So I went to a Taylormade Hub and got on with a TM fitter and trackman.  Well, I don't spin the M3 enough.  We tried a lot of combos with other shafts in the M3 head.  It's a shame cause I was getting 1.5 smash and my good shots on the course were long.  We ended up in the M4 at 9.5 degrees and a Matrix Black Tie shaft.  That seemed to tighten up dispersion.  Kept launch at 11* and spin at 2200.  I haven't tried a Black Tie in a long time and this felt a lot better than I remembered.  The fitter did say he has been about 50/50 between fitting people into M3 and M4.  Last year the M1 didn't work for many people.  It was too low spin.  And a lot of people have had a lot of success with the Atmos Blue shaft.


Did you try lofting up the 8.5 M3? A 9.5 M3 has more spin for me than 10.5 17 M1....

Yes, it was already set 1 notch higher.  And the fitter had me try other lofts.  Part of my issue is my AOA is +5/6 degrees.  He actually wanted me to loft down on the 8.5 at first, but we both knew that wouldn't be great because of the spin.
Titleist 917 D3 10.5 Kuro Kage DC 70 TX
Taylormade M3 15* Tensei Pro White 80 TX with Tensei Pro Blue graphics
Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei White X-Flex
Titleist 718 AP3 KBS S Taper S+ 4 iron
Titleist 718 CB KBS S Taper S+ 5-9
Vokey 46F, 50F, 54K
Taylormade Hi Toe 60
Scotty Cameron Cameron & Co Newport II GSS

11

#972 Dunny51

Dunny51

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450288
  • Joined: 12/31/2016
  • Location:Pittsburgh, Pa
  • Handicap:16
  • Ebay ID:Dunny5151
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:58 PM

Taylormade will be at my local Golf Galaxy this Sunday, Ive already decided to buy the M4 fairway, but my question: Is it worth it to set up a half hour fitting session for the M4 fairway since all that can be changed is the shaft? Or can they adjust lie angle or face angle at all? I liked the feel of M4 over the Rogue but my miss was left. If I can get the miss a little less left Id be very happy. I was gaining 20-25 yards total off the deck vs my OG RBZ

Edited by Dunny51, 13 February 2018 - 02:00 PM.


12

#973 gambit

gambit

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120529
  • Joined: 01/14/2011
  • Location:Bay Area
GolfWRX Likes : 854

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:30 PM

View PostDunny51, on 13 February 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

Taylormade will be at my local Golf Galaxy this Sunday, I've already decided to buy the M4 fairway, but my question: Is it worth it to set up a half hour fitting session for the M4 fairway since all that can be changed is the shaft? Or can they adjust lie angle or face angle at all? I liked the feel of M4 over the Rogue but my miss was left. If I can get the miss a little less left I'd be very happy. I was gaining 20-25 yards total off the deck vs my OG RBZ

They're not adjusting loft and lie on a non-adjustable club.
Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Orange v3 60TX
Ping G400 3w w/ KK XT 70TX
Titleist 818 H1 19* w/ Tensei Pro White 90X
Titleist 718 T-MB 4i / AP2 5-9 w/ PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 Raw 48F, 52F. 56S, 60M (all bent 1* strong) w/ PX LZ 6.5
Byron Morgan DH89 or 612 or  Epic Day

13

#974 SwooshLT

SwooshLT

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5901
  • Joined: 09/09/2005
  • Location:Loxahatchee,FL
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 1320

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:40 PM

View Postbrushie, on 13 February 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

View PostSwooshLT, on 13 February 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

View Postbrushie, on 13 February 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

Played a few rounds with my M3 8.5 with Tensei Orange Pro with weights all the way back.  I have had some really long great looking hits with it.  But dispersion has been worse than my Ping G400 LST.  But the M3 seems to have more pop. So I went to a Taylormade Hub and got on with a TM fitter and trackman.  Well, I don't spin the M3 enough.  We tried a lot of combos with other shafts in the M3 head.  It's a shame cause I was getting 1.5 smash and my good shots on the course were long.  We ended up in the M4 at 9.5 degrees and a Matrix Black Tie shaft.  That seemed to tighten up dispersion.  Kept launch at 11* and spin at 2200.  I haven't tried a Black Tie in a long time and this felt a lot better than I remembered.  The fitter did say he has been about 50/50 between fitting people into M3 and M4.  Last year the M1 didn't work for many people.  It was too low spin.  And a lot of people have had a lot of success with the Atmos Blue shaft.


Did you try lofting up the 8.5 M3? A 9.5 M3 has more spin for me than 10.5 17 M1....

Yes, it was already set 1 notch higher.  And the fitter had me try other lofts.  Part of my issue is my AOA is +5/6 degrees.  He actually wanted me to loft down on the 8.5 at first, but we both knew that wouldn't be great because of the spin.


Wow Bubba!!! That Aka is Cray cray

14

#975 OspreyCI

OspreyCI

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,368 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108024
  • Joined: 05/15/2010
  • Location:Valley of the Sun
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 541

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:50 PM

Anyone buying the M4 with no upcharge Shaft? Wondering what people had success with during their demos.

Thinking Tensei white for myself since I am a long time Whiteboard user.

PING G400 MAX 9* Tour 65
TM M2 15* Speeder 757 Evo TS
TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
TM M3 4 Iron Atmos
TM P790 5-AW Modus 105
TM MG 54*
TM HI TOE 60*
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainess Newport

15

#976 nickolney3

nickolney3

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 394114
  • Joined: 08/31/2015
  • Location:Portland
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:48 PM

Got mine early. Evenflow blue.

Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_6158.jpeg
  • IMG_6159.jpeg


16

#977 craz-e

craz-e

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39596
  • Joined: 09/19/2007
  • Location:Cairns QLD, Australia
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 727

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:58 AM

Just had a testing session on the range with the M3 Vs my current epic sub zero.
Could not fault performance but really was not keen on the feel of the M3.
Will have to try M4 to see if it feels much different.
Other than that what I saw on the range impressed me with regard accuracy, consistency and flight.
Driver = Titleist TS3, Even Flow White 6.0 (44.5")
5 Wood = Taylormade Burner

Irons = Miura 1957 Baby Blades Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
Wilson Staff FG59 DG S300's (4-PW)
Titleist 718 MB Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56* and 60*

Putter = Wilson Staff 8882
Ball = Titleist AVX

17

#978 kiddoc

kiddoc

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33550
  • Joined: 07/02/2007
  • Location:Scottsdale,AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 154

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:32 AM

Although feel is subjective, use some impact tape on the face.
Feel is very different the more you stray from center or stay on center and go up the face.



18

#979 Llortamaisey

Llortamaisey

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,698 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11574
  • Joined: 02/09/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 2401

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:52 PM

How will shaving the driver affect the twistface on a M3 or M4? Asking for a friend.

https://www.worldshottestdrivers.com

19

#980 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Habitual Line Stepper

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,982 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 4062

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:18 PM

View PostLlortamaisey, on 14 February 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

How will shaving the driver affect the twistface on a M3 or M4? Asking for a friend.

https://www.worldshottestdrivers.com
How will asking ridiculous questions effect ones credibility?

M3 460 10.5 / Diamana DF 70TX Tipped 1"

M4 3W / Diamana BF 90TX

P790 3I / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

MP18 MB 4I-PW /  CTaper Lite X

SM7 52 (8), 58 (8)  /  DG S200

MD3 Chrome 64 (8)  /  DG S200


Putters:

Piretti Tour Custom 801R / 35.5"


TP5x #1 "GIO"


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#981 t4t3r

t4t3r

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58148
  • Joined: 06/17/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 863

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:34 PM

Is the consensus so far on m3/4 to loft down? Have been playing the 16 versions one click up, so I may just stick with my normal loft and adjust down if necessary as Id rather have a slightly open/square face anyway.
Taylormade 2017 M2 10.5* - Diamana Whiteboard 63x
Callaway Alpha 816 15* - Diamana D+ 70x
Titleist 913H 21* - Matrix Ozik Altus X
Bridgestone J15CB 5-PW - Dynamic Gold TI X100
Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 52.08F
Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw 56.08M
Callaway MD4 Raw 60.08C
Taylormade Tour Spider

21

#982 SwooshLT

SwooshLT

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5901
  • Joined: 09/09/2005
  • Location:Loxahatchee,FL
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 1320

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:47 PM

View Postt4t3r, on 14 February 2018 - 05:34 PM, said:

Is the consensus so far on m3/4 to loft down? Have been playing the 16 versions one click up, so I may just stick with my normal loft and adjust down if necessary as Id rather have a slightly open/square face anyway.

I'm not high speed or spin....17 M1 still was low/low with 10.5 head one click up

A 9.5 M3 head looked better at address than the 10.5 AND launched higher with proper, consistent spin numbers....I'll grab mine on Saturday

22

#983 Smitty120

Smitty120

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 225 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 162903
  • Joined: 02/13/2012
  • Location:MD
GolfWRX Likes : 157

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:56 PM

Finally outdoors on course today with M4.   Temps in the 40s and when arrived to course the range was closed due to 2+ inches of the rain that has fallen recently.  Lack of being able to warm up and it cold enough out had my back not happy at all.  Being 64 my back likes a easy warm up.    Swing was never like it was suppose to be today but I must say I am impressed.  

The  heel miss today was mainly caused with me coming out of the shot with the hips moving out towards the ball instead of turning.    After so many heel misses today I can confidently say for me that the M4 is much improved over the  M2 on the miss.  The ball goes dead straight and right away noticed that distance was not hurt nearly as much, which it was for me with the M2.  I only missed one tee shot on the toe and the ball turned over a touch but stayed in the left side of the fairway.  I feel that strike usually does go farther left with my M2.  

This M4 Head being a retail model and stamped with 9.5 is all I can go by.  My M2 Head is Tour Issue and is stamped 9.5 but 10.3 actual loft and 2 Degrees Open.  I would say visually on the course the M4 does launch a touch higher with the same shaft and SW, but does not look like it is adding much spin.  

I will say that I am very pleased with the 1st test ride with the M4.  Once it is Melted to my weight likings and back out in better temps with a better swing I believe it will be a better driver for me.    I know I am going against Crossfield,  but My swing thinks their is something Behind twistface and hammerhead for sure.
M4 (9.5*) - Tensei CK Pro White 70TX
M3 HL - Tensei CK Pro White 80TX
TM P790 3 Iron - AD DI 95X
Mizuno 919 Tour 4-PW Nippon Modus 120 TX
TM MG Raw 52*, 57*... Hi-Toe 61* - DG Tour Issue S400

Jailbird Mini S
TP5

23

#984 9ccat9

9ccat9

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91757
  • Joined: 08/14/2009
  • Handicap:2.7
GolfWRX Likes : 183

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:22 PM

View PostDunny51, on 13 February 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

Taylormade will be at my local Golf Galaxy this Sunday, I’ve already decided to buy the M4 fairway, but my question: Is it worth it to set up a half hour fitting session for the M4 fairway since all that can be changed is the shaft? Or can they adjust lie angle or face angle at all? I liked the feel of M4 over the Rogue but my miss was left. If I can get the miss a little less left I’d be very happy. I was gaining 20-25 yards total off the deck vs my OG RBZ
There will probably be no non-stock shaft options.  Not sure any teams have an upcharge M4 fairways in the demo kits yet. Use the M3 head to test possible shaft options.
TM 2017 M2D 10.5 Fujikura Platinum Speeder 6S
TM GAPR Hi 3 Dynamic Gold XP 95S
TM GAPR Mid 3 KBS Hybrid 85S
TM PSI 4-PW KBS 105S
TM MG 54 SB 58 Black SB
Scotty Cameron 2.6 custom torched
TM Masters Stand Bag
TM TP5 TP5X balls

24

#985 Longbomber10

Longbomber10

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482028
  • Joined: 09/16/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:33 PM

M4 for me wasn't even close in dispersion to either m3 and higher ball speed

Taylormade M3 460 8.5 Accra tour z rpg 472 M5
Taylormade M2 tour 15 Accra tour z Xtreme 485 M5
Nike vapor fly pro 2 iron Kbs s-taper 130 x Black
Titleist tour issue 716 Mb 3-9 kbs c-taper limited gunmetal 130 X
Vokey Sm6 raw black 48f,52f,58m c-taper gunmetal/kbs tour custom black
Taylormade tour spider DJ

25

#986 Gamble Gamble

Gamble Gamble

    #TwistFaceExperience

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,700 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 198076
  • Joined: 08/14/2012
  • Location:Philly Philly!
GolfWRX Likes : 2430

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:55 PM

View PostLongbomber10, on 15 February 2018 - 08:33 PM, said:

M4 for me wasn't even close in dispersion to either m3 and higher ball speed

So the M4 was way worse than the M3 or was the M4 much better?
Taylormade M3 10* DR Tour AD-DI
Taylormade M3 15* 3W Tour AD-IZ
Taylormade M4 19* 3H Tour AD-DI
Taylormade P790 4i-AW Modus 120
Taylormade HT 54 | 60 Modus 120S
Ping Cadence Ketsch Heavy Putter
Taylormade TP5/TP5X Ball #26



M3 Taylormade Experience

26

#987 OspreyCI

OspreyCI

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,368 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108024
  • Joined: 05/15/2010
  • Location:Valley of the Sun
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 541

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:17 PM

View PostGamble Gamble, on 15 February 2018 - 09:55 PM, said:

View PostLongbomber10, on 15 February 2018 - 08:33 PM, said:

M4 for me wasn't even close in dispersion to either m3 and higher ball speed

So the M4 was way worse than the M3 or was the M4 much better?
Good question.
PING G400 MAX 9* Tour 65
TM M2 15* Speeder 757 Evo TS
TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
TM M3 4 Iron Atmos
TM P790 5-AW Modus 105
TM MG 54*
TM HI TOE 60*
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainess Newport

27

#988 Smitty120

Smitty120

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 225 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 162903
  • Joined: 02/13/2012
  • Location:MD
GolfWRX Likes : 157

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:18 PM

Every swing , AOA, Path, speed, ect...... is different.  

M4 is what suits my eye and gives me good numbers.  I am one that wants less moving parts to tinker with when my swing goes sideways.  :)
M4 (9.5*) - Tensei CK Pro White 70TX
M3 HL - Tensei CK Pro White 80TX
TM P790 3 Iron - AD DI 95X
Mizuno 919 Tour 4-PW Nippon Modus 120 TX
TM MG Raw 52*, 57*... Hi-Toe 61* - DG Tour Issue S400

Jailbird Mini S
TP5

28

#989 boycer11

boycer11

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,865 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80867
  • Joined: 04/22/2009
  • Location:stl area
  • Ebay ID:mboyce1249
GolfWRX Likes : 240

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:37 PM

M3 all the way. Driver put the weights back and draw and upright. Much better then the m4 driver. M3 was a lot better then the m4. M3 hl was good. I didn't hit the m4 fairway.
Taylormade M3 VA composites slay
Callaway gbb epic sz 3 wood
Ping g400 5 wd rogue black 7s
callaway rogue 4 hybrid
Epon 705 5-7/ 503 8-pw dg pro s300
Vokey sm7 raw 50f, 54s, 58d
taylormade jdm itsy bitsy spider
ping hoofer
Titleist prov 1x "make some noise"

29

#990 Longbomber10

Longbomber10

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482028
  • Joined: 09/16/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:00 PM

View PostGamble Gamble, on 15 February 2018 - 09:55 PM, said:

View PostLongbomber10, on 15 February 2018 - 08:33 PM, said:

M4 for me wasn't even close in dispersion to either m3 and higher ball speed

So the M4 was way worse than the M3 or was the M4 much better?
Sorry ha meant the m4 was the one for me.
I kept hooking the m3 but the m4 was a slight draw or straight and ball speeds were higher

Edited by Longbomber10, 15 February 2018 - 11:00 PM.

Taylormade M3 460 8.5 Accra tour z rpg 472 M5
Taylormade M2 tour 15 Accra tour z Xtreme 485 M5
Nike vapor fly pro 2 iron Kbs s-taper 130 x Black
Titleist tour issue 716 Mb 3-9 kbs c-taper limited gunmetal 130 X
Vokey Sm6 raw black 48f,52f,58m c-taper gunmetal/kbs tour custom black
Taylormade tour spider DJ

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors