Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Titleist's new "AVX" golf balls, with premium urethane covers


345 replies to this topic

#241 * J Y *

* J Y *

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 411614
  • Joined: 02/09/2016
  • Location:Austin, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:16 PM

I chose the RX over the QST bc I have a soft putter insert and the RX is harder off the putter which helps with my lag putting. Is it fair to say the AVX would be soft like the QST off the putter?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#242 elwhippy

elwhippy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3536
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 478

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:45 PM

Odd that Acushnet are sticking to the maximum price point when Golf Monthly is reporting Titleist ball sales are dropping and the Chrome Soft now has 7% of the market.

2

#243 North Butte

North Butte

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
  • Joined: 05/09/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 3927

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:47 PM

View Postelwhippy, on 13 October 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

Odd that Acushnet are sticking to the maximum price point when Golf Monthly is reporting Titleist ball sales are dropping and the Chrome Soft now has 7% of the market.

As opposed to if they made the AVX $10 cheaper, in which case you'd post:

Odd that Acushnet are lowering their prices when Golf Monthly is reporting Titleist ball sales are dropping and the Chrome Soft now has 7% of the market.

Am I right?
Engaged in the eternal search for the elusive Swedish meatball cores...

3

#244 mackepa

mackepa

    #TheWRX

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38775
  • Joined: 09/04/2007
  • Location:Cincinnati, Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 1934

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:17 PM

View PostQuigleyDU, on 12 October 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

At the shop I go to. The provs are 39 as well so there is no benefit at all. I just wanted to try these
Then the shop you go to doesnít make any money. Also, Titleist wonít like them selling below MAP.

#TheWRX 12/11/16

Fujikura Atmos Testing 3/17


http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__2550

Callaway WITB

EPIC SubZero  8* w/ AD TP 6s 44.75"

Epic 13.5 w/ AD TP 7s 42.75"

Apex UT 21* bent to 20* W/ KBS Tour V 120X

Apex MB 4-GW W/ KBS Tour V 120X

MD Forged 55, 59 w/ DG TI s400

Toulon Garage Austin Proto

4

#245 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,253 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:reno nv
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 792

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:18 PM

View Postmackepa, on 13 October 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

View PostQuigleyDU, on 12 October 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

At the shop I go to. The provs are 39 as well so there is no benefit at all. I just wanted to try these
Then the shop you go to doesn’t make any money. Also, Titleist won’t like them selling below MAP.

It is the only good shop in town, they could sell them for whatever they wanted. I think my friends said they only make a couple dollars per box.

driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; VICE PRO PLUS/CALLY CHROME SOFT X/SRIXON Z STAR

5

#246 cbbaron

cbbaron

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 346439
  • Joined: 10/28/2014
  • Location:Quincy Mass
  • Handicap:11.2
GolfWRX Likes : 194

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:38 PM

View PostQuigleyDU, on 13 October 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

View Postmackepa, on 13 October 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

View PostQuigleyDU, on 12 October 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

At the shop I go to. The provs are 39 as well so there is no benefit at all. I just wanted to try these
Then the shop you go to doesn’t make any money. Also, Titleist won’t like them selling below MAP.

It is the only good shop in town, they could sell them for whatever they wanted. I think my friends said they only make a couple dollars per box.
Titleist has a strict policy on pricing thats why about five years ago PGA superstore had no Titleist or Foot Joy products to sell a store that just opened in Naples was discounting ProV 1 and got complaints Achushnet pulled them as a vendor
Driver Mizuno JPX 900
3w Titleist 915
19 degree  Titleist 818
22 degree  Titleist 818
5- UW    Ping I200
Sw Vokey 54 S grind
LW Vokey 58 S grind
Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.5

6

#247 mackepa

mackepa

    #TheWRX

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38775
  • Joined: 09/04/2007
  • Location:Cincinnati, Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 1934

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:51 PM

View Postcbbaron, on 13 October 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

View PostQuigleyDU, on 13 October 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

View Postmackepa, on 13 October 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

View PostQuigleyDU, on 12 October 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

At the shop I go to. The provs are 39 as well so there is no benefit at all. I just wanted to try these
Then the shop you go to doesnít make any money. Also, Titleist wonít like them selling below MAP.

It is the only good shop in town, they could sell them for whatever they wanted. I think my friends said they only make a couple dollars per box.
Titleist has a strict policy on pricing thats why about five years ago PGA superstore had no Titleist or Foot Joy products to sell a store that just opened in Naples was discounting ProV 1 and got complaints Achushnet pulled them as a vendor

Exactly. Titleist is pretty darn strict on enforcing MAP pricing. Without it huge retailers would crush the little guys because they can get away with selling dirt cheap because they make up for it in volume. The little guys wouldnít have a prayer. A local shop selling a dozen of balls for a $3 net profit is not a sustainable business model.

#TheWRX 12/11/16

Fujikura Atmos Testing 3/17


http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__2550

Callaway WITB

EPIC SubZero  8* w/ AD TP 6s 44.75"

Epic 13.5 w/ AD TP 7s 42.75"

Apex UT 21* bent to 20* W/ KBS Tour V 120X

Apex MB 4-GW W/ KBS Tour V 120X

MD Forged 55, 59 w/ DG TI s400

Toulon Garage Austin Proto

7

#248 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,253 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:reno nv
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 792

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:53 PM

Makes no difference to me. I prefer the callaway ball.
driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; VICE PRO PLUS/CALLY CHROME SOFT X/SRIXON Z STAR

8

#249 sneaky_pete

sneaky_pete

    insufficiently adult

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447294
  • Joined: 11/24/2016
  • Location:Australia
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:32 PM

I don't like ProVs as I think they are over priced and they are not as durable as other premium balls on the market.  I currently use Wilson Staff FG Tour as it suits my game, I like the feel and the performance of the ball across the board - good distance, I can stop them on a dime and greenside control is as good as anything out there.  I can get two dozen FG Tours for not much more $ than a dozen ProV's, and I can get 36 holes out of a ball before it starts to look ordinary.  After 18 holes a ProV looks like sh#t.  

I will take a look at the AVX, if they become available.  I don't mind playing a yellow ball but they would have to be priced on par or lower than Z Star yellows.  There are too many great balls out there.
Ping G 9* Matrix Ozik HD 6M3 Black Tie Shaft X-Stiff
Adams Speedline Super S Fairway 15* Matrix Ozik HD Radix S VI Shaft Stiff Flex
Mizuno Fli-Hi II 18* Driving Iron Mizuno Exsar Shaft Stiff Flex
Mizuno MX-200 Irons 3 - 9 True Temper XP115 S300 Shafts
Cleveland CBX 46*, 52* & 58* Wedges True Temper Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
Yes Milly C-Grove Putter fitted with Iomic Midsize Grip (Yellow)
Grips:  Lamkin Rel-Ace 3Gen Mid (Blue)
Ball:  Srixon Z-Star (Yellow) or Wilson Staff FG Tour
GPS: Sonocaddie V300
Range Finder:  Leupold GX-3i2
Cart:  Clicgear 3.0

9

#250 North Butte

North Butte

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
  • Joined: 05/09/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 3927

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:39 PM

View Postsneaky_pete, on 13 October 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

I don't like ProVs as I think they are over priced and they are not as durable as other premium balls on the market.  I currently use Wilson Staff FG Tour as it suits my game, I like the feel and the performance of the ball across the board - good distance, I can stop them on a dime and greenside control is as good as anything out there.  I can get two dozen FG Tours for not much more $ than a dozen ProV's, and I can get 36 holes out of a ball before it starts to look ordinary.  After 18 holes a ProV looks like sh#t.  

I will take a look at the AVX, if they become available.  I don't mind playing a yellow ball but they would have to be priced on par or lower than Z Star yellows.  There are too many great balls out there.

Then you won't be needing to take a look. They aren't going to be priced lower than Z-stars, apparently. I don't think Titleist are bluffing on that...

Engaged in the eternal search for the elusive Swedish meatball cores...

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#251 ImChrisBosh

ImChrisBosh

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 453422
  • Joined: 01/30/2017
  • Location:California
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:40 PM

For the same price as ProVs, I think I'd just stick with ProVs lol

11

#252 mixedguy

mixedguy

    Rookie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1220
  • Joined: 05/29/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:12 AM

Played 2 rounds with it today soft and spins.  I hit it further than both the v1 and X.  It's right between the 2 imo.  Great ball but it is pricey. Shot 76, 75.

Edited by mixedguy, 15 October 2017 - 12:13 AM.


12

#253 MysteryV

MysteryV

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450612
  • Joined: 01/03/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:33 PM

Played my first round with the AVX yesterday. Good ball. Soft off the putter, long off the driver, spins off wedges and irons.  Not sure it's worth the price premium over NXT Tour S as the two seem pretty similar. I did notice it was flying significantly further than I expected on every shot, however I was striking the ball better than usual yesterday, so tough to tell if it was new or the ball.

Might have to go pick up a few dozen more for the heck of it.
Driver: GBB Epic 9.5 w/ GD AD-TP
3 Wood: Epic 3+ w/ GD AD-DI
Hybrid: Epic 4H w/ GD AD-DI
Irons: Epon 302 w/ Modus 120
Wedges: Miura K Grind 56,60 w/ Modus Wedge
Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS

13

#254 MysteryV

MysteryV

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450612
  • Joined: 01/03/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:36 PM

Forgot to add that they seemed really durable as I hit a tree about as hard as you possibly could and there was no damage. An unfortunate incident with a cart path also yielded only a very minor mark.  

If anyone wants a free AVX in decent condition, there's one off the left edge of the fairway on 18 at Harding :)
Driver: GBB Epic 9.5 w/ GD AD-TP
3 Wood: Epic 3+ w/ GD AD-DI
Hybrid: Epic 4H w/ GD AD-DI
Irons: Epon 302 w/ Modus 120
Wedges: Miura K Grind 56,60 w/ Modus Wedge
Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS

14

#255 zeke66

zeke66

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27991
  • Joined: 04/17/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:31 PM

Played a round with AVX at Torrey Pines South from the Taupe Tees, good weather not much wind.

Swing speed between 115 and low 120's. Hit way up on the ball so not much spin.

On 1 hit it past the trap on the right which I've never done before. On 2 drove the ball past pin high on the 6th Tee, which I though was ridiculous. Then on 13 drove the ball down the hill.

Putting felt great. Sound off the blade was perfect. Chunked a few chips which was user error. 😂

It a really crisp iron into 12 to a back pin that carried the trap on left and stuck, into the only real breeze we felt all day.

My Review:

Driver: very long
Irons: Good through air and breeze, long.
Putter: Felt and sounded great.
Around the green: didn't hit enough shots to really know. Hit a few very good flop type shots after putting myself in bad positions. Felt and sounded pretty good off wedges.

Questions: If this is a low compression ball, why was I seeing absurd distances? I've played the course a number of times and never hit so many drives that were better than my best drives on each of these holes over time.

I normally play ProVX and was going to try some chrome soft x that day randomly but after the drive on 2 I stuck with the AVX and saw really absurdly long tee balls all day.

Would love to know more about why that's the case despite lower compression combined with high swing speed, and realize I might just be missing an important fact about compression.

Would definitely try. Maybe fits a wide range of speeds?


15

#256 Beeez

Beeez

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477566
  • Joined: 08/04/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:15 PM

Are AVX available anywhere online or do I need to find a friend in a state where they are realeased and get them sent to me?

16

#257 elwhippy

elwhippy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3536
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 478

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:58 AM

Sounds like a great ball but what at Titleist doing to replace the slow selling NXT models? Surely not TruSoft, Velocity then three premium priced models?

17

#258 speeder757

speeder757

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1570
  • Joined: 06/11/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:39 PM

View Postzeke66, on 17 October 2017 - 10:31 PM, said:

Played a round with AVX at Torrey Pines South from the Taupe Tees, good weather not much wind.

Swing speed between 115 and low 120's. Hit way up on the ball so not much spin.

On 1 hit it past the trap on the right which I've never done before. On 2 drove the ball past pin high on the 6th Tee, which I though was ridiculous. Then on 13 drove the ball down the hill.

Putting felt great. Sound off the blade was perfect. Chunked a few chips which was user error. ��

It a really crisp iron into 12 to a back pin that carried the trap on left and stuck, into the only real breeze we felt all day.

My Review:

Driver: very long
Irons: Good through air and breeze, long.
Putter: Felt and sounded great.
Around the green: didn't hit enough shots to really know. Hit a few very good flop type shots after putting myself in bad positions. Felt and sounded pretty good off wedges.

Questions: If this is a low compression ball, why was I seeing absurd distances? I've played the course a number of times and never hit so many drives that were better than my best drives on each of these holes over time.

I normally play ProVX and was going to try some chrome soft x that day randomly but after the drive on 2 I stuck with the AVX and saw really absurdly long tee balls all day.

Would love to know more about why that's the case despite lower compression combined with high swing speed, and realize I might just be missing an important fact about compression.

Would definitely try. Maybe fits a wide range of speeds?



Same experience for me. The AVX reminds me of the Original ProV1. Its softer than either of the current ProV1's. Just picking the ball up it feels lighter than the ProV1 or ProV1x. Im not sure if that would quantify on a scale or if its just the compression. The dimples are shallower similar to a Bridgestone ball. I have played this ball at my home course for 5 rounds now directly against the ProV1 and ProV1x and think it might be my new gamer.
Its slightly longer than either current ProV1 off the tee. Flight seems to be more stable however and for whatever reason it seemed more consistent. The AVX was 3-5 yards longer than both ProV1's off the irons. AVX spins just a little less on green side short chip shots than the ProV1x. I would say roughly the same as the ProV1 with maybe a slight edge still to the Prov1. I would say the AVX has enough greenside spin to be comparable to other premium balls though. I have heard some say the AVX feels heavy on chip shots. That wasn't my experience at all. It feels light and springy if anything. Lastly the AVX is softer off the Putter than either ProV1. All in all its a great ball. If it spun just a little bit more on short chip shots like the ProV1x does it would be the best ball ever made. AVX does seem more durable than either ProV1 and the cover doesnt get chewed up on chips shots as easily as the ProV1's do. Price wise its overpriced like all current golfballs on the market are. But it does perform.

18

#259 SoCalTitleist

SoCalTitleist

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64113
  • Joined: 08/25/2008
  • Location:Lake Elsinore Southern California
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 711

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:58 PM

So what' does the AVX match up with , Chrome soft ? 330rx?  Are those the equivalent balls .

19

#260 johnw29

johnw29

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74237
  • Joined: 02/01/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:21 PM

View PostBeeez, on 17 October 2017 - 11:15 PM, said:

Are AVX available anywhere online or do I need to find a friend in a state where they are realeased and get them sent to me?
I live in Arkansas and I ordered 2 dozen from Edwin Watts in Destin, Flordia. They shipped them on a Monday and I got them on Wednesday.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#261 North Butte

North Butte

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
  • Joined: 05/09/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 3927

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:25 PM

View PostSoCalTitleist, on 18 October 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

So what' does the AVX match up with , Chrome soft ? 330rx?  Are those the equivalent balls .

Titleist say it's like a Pro V1 except with different dimples, a different urethane formulation and a softer core. So in that sense, it is just like Chrome Soft or any number of other Tour balls with lower compression than Pro V1.
Engaged in the eternal search for the elusive Swedish meatball cores...

21

#262 jrshelby

jrshelby

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121122
  • Joined: 01/26/2011
  • Ebay ID:Juniorshelby
GolfWRX Likes : 165

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:31 PM

Played my first round with them. Let me say that they are just weird and confusing. Don't know how else to put it. They have a slight advantage in having a little less spin but I definitely get very different flights at times. Sometimes higher then anything else I've hit and sometimes way lower as well. I'll put another round in on them this Sunday before I start making any assessments I guess.

917 D3 8.5° Fuji Atmos TS BLUE 7X

917 F3 13.5° Fuji Atmos TS BLUE 8X

818 H2 20° Fuji Atmos TS BLACK 9X

718 AP3 3 19° Modus Pro 125 X

718 AP2 4-PW Modus Pro 125 X


t.jpg


22

#263 drew_harvie

drew_harvie

    drew_harvie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 475854
  • Joined: 07/20/2017
  • Location:Arizona
  • Handicap:0
  • Ebay ID:dreharvi_0
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:48 PM

This is a pretty good ball imo. Lower, spins less off the driver. I think it's a pretty good ball if you hit it really really high with a lot of spin (like myself). It's crazy how popular these are in Arizona though. Wigwam is selling them for $64 for a dozen and have sold out twice. Not sure if I'd switch from the ProV1X but it's much better than I was expecting
Titliest 917D 3 9.5* Fujukura Speeder 64s
Titliest 915F.d Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7s
Titliest 716 T-MB 2 iron Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95s
Titliest 716 CB 3-9 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
Titliest Vokey SM6 48* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
Titliest Vokey SM6 54* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
Titliest Vokey SM6 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
Titliest Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2

23

#264 Calibraska

Calibraska

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425086
  • Joined: 05/13/2016
  • Location:Oceanside, CA
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:58 PM

Has anyone heard of pros putting these into play? Have played a couple rounds with them and it seems to me like this is Titleist's response to Rory's comments about his "old ball" being too spinny. Really liked it off the driver and enjoyed hitting these into greens knowing I wouldn't spin it back off.
Callaway GBB Epic Fujikura Pro 62 Green
Callaway XR16 15.5 Fujikura Speeder 765 FW
Callaway X2HOT 18 Hybrid
Callaway Big Bertha 22 Hybrid
Callaway Apex '14 5-PW
Callaway MD2 52
Callaway MD3 56
Callaway PM 60 'Skers
Oddysey Tank Cruiser #7

24

#265 Break81

Break81

    Broke80

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263738
  • Joined: 07/13/2013
  • Location:Chino Hills
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:marcbogey
GolfWRX Likes : 396

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:19 PM

View PostCalibraska, on 19 October 2017 - 10:58 PM, said:

Has anyone heard of pros putting these into play? Have played a couple rounds with them and it seems to me like this is Titleist's response to Rory's comments about his "old ball" being too spinny. Really liked it off the driver and enjoyed hitting these into greens knowing I wouldn't spin it back off.

     You will not see a Pro playing them unless they get past the testing stage.

TM M1 - Rouge 60 Stiff
Callaway XR - 4 wood - Rouge w/ RIP tip 60
Callaway BB V-Series 5 wood - Rouge Silver Stiff
Mizuno JPX850 Forger 4-GW - XP115 S300
Titleist 55 F grind / 60 M grind
EVNROLL ER5
Chrome Soft Truvis / Srixon XV 2017

25

#266 Shilgy

Shilgy

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,239 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 235237
  • Joined: 03/07/2013
  • Location:Phoenix
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 4997

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:49 PM

View Posttsecor, on 21 September 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

its a ksig with titleist branding
Hmm Ksig overuns! :)
TM M1 8.5* Graphite Design BB6s
TM M1 3w 14*  Graphite Design BB7s
Srixon U65 18° Atmos Red 7s
Adams A12 UST Silver S 21°
Srixon Z765 5-AW Nippon Pro Modus3 125S
Cleveland  RTX CB 54* 58* Nippon 125 wedge
Toulon Garage Rochester/ Toulon Rochester

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened .  :)

26

#267 J13

J13

    60% of the time, every time.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 12,514 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76984
  • Joined: 03/08/2009
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:+1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 5231

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:00 PM

For the first time in a long time Titleist is copying someone elseís ball and in this case itís the Chrome soft.  Titleist is no longer the gold standard they just donít want to admit it.  Arrogance is losing them market share and not just a little.

Edited by J13, 20 October 2017 - 10:01 PM.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* / Mitsu Kuro Kage Dual Core XT 70TX
Callaway 3Deep 14.5 Xphlexxx Agera 82g RF Proto
Taylormade UDI 2 iron (UST Proforce V2)
Srixon 745's 4-PW (Modus Tour 120 TX)
Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 Modus3 125 wedge shaft
Odyssey White Hot Versa #6

WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

27

#268 jrshelby

jrshelby

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121122
  • Joined: 01/26/2011
  • Ebay ID:Juniorshelby
GolfWRX Likes : 165

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:33 PM

View PostJ13, on 20 October 2017 - 10:00 PM, said:

For the first time in a long time Titleist is copying someone else's ball and in this case it's the Chrome soft.  Titleist is no longer the gold standard they just don't want to admit it.  Arrogance is losing them market share and not just a little.
After playing a round with the AVX and at least 30+ rounds with the Chrome soft this year and can honestly say the AVX is not in ANY way similar, and I mean no where close, and I mean to be redundant, but could not be further away design wise. The chrome soft is just that, soft. These are not. The chrome soft is moderate distance with moderate to high spin. AVX is very high launch with extremely low spin on most clubs I'd say down to 6 iron. Then spins slightly more then you'd expect from 7-PW. Then does not spin enough with wedges. 2 out of 3 is usually not bad, but in the case of the AVX it just may be.

917 D3 8.5° Fuji Atmos TS BLUE 7X

917 F3 13.5° Fuji Atmos TS BLUE 8X

818 H2 20° Fuji Atmos TS BLACK 9X

718 AP3 3 19° Modus Pro 125 X

718 AP2 4-PW Modus Pro 125 X


t.jpg


28

#269 Break81

Break81

    Broke80

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263738
  • Joined: 07/13/2013
  • Location:Chino Hills
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:marcbogey
GolfWRX Likes : 396

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:49 PM

View Postjrshelby, on 20 October 2017 - 10:33 PM, said:

View PostJ13, on 20 October 2017 - 10:00 PM, said:

For the first time in a long time Titleist is copying someone else's ball and in this case it's the Chrome soft.  Titleist is no longer the gold standard they just don't want to admit it.  Arrogance is losing them market share and not just a little.
After playing a round with the AVX and at least 30+ rounds with the Chrome soft this year and can honestly say the AVX is not in ANY way similar, and I mean no where close, and I mean to be redundant, but could not be further away design wise. The chrome soft is just that, soft. These are not. The chrome soft is moderate distance with moderate to high spin. AVX is very high launch with extremely low spin on most clubs I'd say down to 6 iron. Then spins slightly more then you'd expect from 7-PW. Then does not spin enough with wedges. 2 out of 3 is usually not bad, but in the case of the AVX it just may be.
so you are saying it’s closer to a B330-RX
TM M1 - Rouge 60 Stiff
Callaway XR - 4 wood - Rouge w/ RIP tip 60
Callaway BB V-Series 5 wood - Rouge Silver Stiff
Mizuno JPX850 Forger 4-GW - XP115 S300
Titleist 55 F grind / 60 M grind
EVNROLL ER5
Chrome Soft Truvis / Srixon XV 2017

29

#270 grm24

grm24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
  • Location:Western PA
GolfWRX Likes : 1014

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:54 PM

View PostJ13, on 20 October 2017 - 10:00 PM, said:

For the first time in a long time Titleist is copying someone else's ball and in this case it's the Chrome soft.  Titleist is no longer the gold standard they just don't want to admit it.  Arrogance is losing them market share and not just a little.
Titleist has had this ball in Japan for a few years now under the Tour Prestige name. $19.99/dozen in bulk packaging @ WRX sponsor Morton Golf.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors