Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Golf Logix 5.2 Now with Putt Breaks, Green Maps

39 replies to this topic

#31 Deadaimz

Deadaimz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424474
  • Handicap:16.1
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:24 AM

I used the app again yesterday I find it useful for the approach shot view and putt view. This gives me a good idea of what the green is doing. I still found myself using golfshot plus more as I like the look of that one, plus I've been using it for years. I wish they would add something similar for green breaks on it.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 MysteryV

MysteryV

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450612
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:53 AM

Tried Golf Logix for the first time today.  Some thoughts:

- The green maps are cumbersome - very cool feature, however you have to place the flag and the ball on every hole.  This may not seem like much, however, when placing the two, the map does not rotate to your current orientation, which can be disorienting.  There's also quite a bit of room for error with judging the right distance / where exactly to place each.  This may be user error as it was the first time I tried the program, however it seems like an idea that will be fantastic with another 6 months of development, but isn't quite there yet.

- The watch interaction seems ... odd - with Hole 19, when I complete a hole on my phone, the watch will update as well.  This does not seem to be the case with Golf Logix (unless there's a setting I'm missing).  The seem to operate somewhat independently.  That said, WOW, I love the various distances the watch gives - particularly the yardage to lay up for a 100 yard shot.  Seems simple, but it convinced me to make a smart play on more than one occasion rather than taking the "get it as close as I can" approach - simply by being there by default.  LOVE THIS.  Just wish the sync would work a bit better.

I have a ton more thoughts, but maybe this isn't the right thread - and this beer ain't gonna drink itself.
Driver: GBB Epic 9.5 w/ GD AD-TP
3 Wood: Epic 3+ w/ GD AD-DI
Hybrid: Epic 4H w/ GD AD-DI
Irons: Epon 302 w/ Modus 120
Wedges: Miura K Grind 56,60 w/ Modus Wedge
Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS

#33 spud3

spud3

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119423
GolfWRX Likes : 805

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:54 PM

Very interested in how this technology evolves.  Keep those reviews coming!
"take that, you miserable
little white swine!"

#34 golfbuddy

golfbuddy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6393
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:30 PM

After placing the cup and ball, it would be nice to have the app place a putting line to really show the break and where to aim.

#35 Holy Moses

Holy Moses

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,472 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180764
GolfWRX Likes : 3390

Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:35 PM

View Postgolfbuddy, on 20 February 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

After placing the cup and ball, it would be nice to have the app place a putting line to really show the break and where to aim.

That would depend on green speed. And take even more skill sway from the game.

Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G30 17* 5W (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

#36 MysteryV

MysteryV

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450612
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:02 PM

After another round with the app, I found that I love the watch interaction even more. It seems that entering the score on the watch changes holes on the app, but not vice verse.

The putt break piece went unused. It just seems to slow things down more than I’m comfortable with.  

That said, I might use it more if they made the ball / hole placement thing optional,and instead defaulted to making the map rotate to your current alignment.  Actually, if that were included, I might even use the placement features. As it stands, it’s just odd to have to stand over the ball and rotate in your head while estimating distance. I realize I could adjust my routine to walk up to the green, pull up the screen, and place the two - but that also assumes I’m in the fairway. When you miss to a side and chip on, walking to the front to then place the items is pretty cumbersome
Driver: GBB Epic 9.5 w/ GD AD-TP
3 Wood: Epic 3+ w/ GD AD-DI
Hybrid: Epic 4H w/ GD AD-DI
Irons: Epon 302 w/ Modus 120
Wedges: Miura K Grind 56,60 w/ Modus Wedge
Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS

#37 sirparalot

sirparalot

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122974
  • Handicap:7.4
GolfWRX Likes : 149

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:05 AM

I am torn on this technology for everyday golfers (even for pros).  It is amazing that this much green detail is available to the masses and in the palm of your hand.  That said, I think this is another slow play contributor that removes some skill from the game.  I don't want to play a 5 hour round and I don't want to watch one on TV either.  I can just see it now the foursome in front of me all breaking out their phones to set pin and ball locations and then interpret the map and then walk the putt anyway to verify and then finally miss the putt and start all over again (x4).  Reading greens is a skill just like many other parts of the game.  This skill needs to be a reward to those that can master it (just like many other golf skills).  Pros have had these maps for several years now and the putting stats on tour from specific distances (3', 6' 12'...etc.) have not improved a statistically significant amount as a result of these maps and these are the best in the world who have the ability to putt the ball on the line they choose at a much better rate than the average joe golfer.  Part of me applauds the technology and geeks out on it and part of me loathes it and wishes that we would move things back to being more skill based and work to improve those skills in order to improve our game.  I'll be curious to see how this evolves and how the average golfer uses it.  The purpose of technology comes down to how we leverage it to improve results and our quality of life...That said if you bust out your phone on the green and take more than 30 seconds to figure the line on a 3 foot putt and 10-15 more seconds to put the ball in motion and I'm behind you then we will both have long days and that won't be a good thing for anyones quality of life.... especially after you miss the putt.

#38 sheppy335

sheppy335

TMAG Junkie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,982 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11865
  • Handicap:19
  • Ebay ID:sheppy33
GolfWRX Likes : 751

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:38 PM

I am going to test it and if i like it i will order it for the year.
TM M3 440 TP 10 Mitsubishi Kai'li
TM M2 Tour 15  Kuro Kage
TM M1 Tour 18 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM TP UDI 2 iron 18 UST Recoil 110
TM TP UDI 3 iron 20 Paderson KINETXX 950
TM RSi TP UDI 4 iron 23 Aldila Trinity 65
TM P790 6,7 Nippon Modus 3 130
TM PSi 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
TM xFT TP 50, 54, 58 Nippon Pro WV115
TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

I drop the 2 iron or one of the other UDI's based on course.

#39 Holy Moses

Holy Moses

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,472 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:55 AM

There is an update to the app. Now you can rotate the green with two fingers to match your angle and view of the green and measure lines to the edge of the green to accurately place the ball and the cup. Problem is that app crashes after downloading a course. They still need to be able to blow up the hole to more accurately place the cup on the green. And allow putt made/missed distances and distance from the hole in regulation to be put in for stats.

Edited by Holy Moses, 25 March 2018 - 02:45 PM.

Ping G30 17* 5W (DI-7X)
Ping Vault Arna

#40 Holy Moses

Holy Moses

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,472 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:02 PM

More and more courses are being added, a few that I play often. The green maps are still as accurate as ever. I'm not dropping the flag and green ball. I just look at where my ball is and where the pin is. I can say with a lot of confidence that this app saves me a stroke or two per round.

Ping G30 17* 5W (DI-7X)
Ping Vault Arna

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors