Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Cleveland CBX vs RTX-3 Cavity back

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bill302

Bill302

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 461246
  • Handicap:12
  • Ebay ID:Graceandhugh
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:24 PM

For those  of you who have seen both, are there significant differences between these 2 wedges?  I need a new 54* wedge and have always liked Cleveland wedges.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 new2g0lf

new2g0lf

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,540 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114437
GolfWRX Likes : 914

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:01 PM

View PostBill302, on 12 September 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

For those  of you who have seen both, are there significant differences between these 2 wedges?  I need a new 54* wedge and have always liked Cleveland wedges.

The CBX is more of a SGI wedge, it sits between the RTX-3 CB and the Smart Sole.  Feedback I've heard is a lot of golfers were not comfortable carrying the Smart Soles in their bag because they looked like chippers but they liked how they functioned, especially in the sand.  The CBX has a wider V sole than the RTX-3 CB and will be more forgiving than the CB.

#3 JohnKHawk

JohnKHawk

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 293091
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 200

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:13 PM

Review sites like to show pics of the new clubs but it's hard to put them into context if there are no pics that show comparisons. All reviewers should include this info in their pics. I would love to see the new CBX wedge compared to the RTX 3.0 CB & the regular RTX 3.0. I know the soles are wider but to my eye looks more compact heel to toe. I think I even heard one of the video reviews even use the word "compact" to describe them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors