Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Loose double bend shaft in Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Dual Balance

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fawley

fawley

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3167
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 190

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:46 PM

I just finished up a quick practice round before the first round of my club championship match play on Saturday.

I noticed a few holes in that my putter had a vibration when i soled it. Thinking back, it may have been like that for some time, but I hadn't really looked at it beyond giving it a shake to make sure everything seemed ok.

Looking at it more closely, the shaft appears to have a small amount of play where it enters the bore in the putter head. When I say small, I mean almost imperceptible. I can only feel it if I hold the putter head in one hand and firmly  move the shaft back and forth parallel with the club face with the other hand.

The shaft otherwise does not seem loose. It has no play when pressure is applied perpendicular to the putter face and I can't twist it.

I've putted better with this putter than any other putter I've ever played. I really don't want to risk not having it for Saturday.

I have a shaft puller and epoxy, but I've never pulled or installed a double bend shaft. I don't have a club maker I know and trust that they can get it done on time and correctly.

Is there a fix I can apply myself?  Maybe shim it so that it no longer moves?  Although I don't know what I'd shim it with or how I'd do it given the amount of play is so small. Alternatively, does anyone have a good club maker recommendation near Scarsdale in Westchester county, NY?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors