Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Champions Tour - Japan Airlines championship

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 seajohn

seajohn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212441
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:29 PM

I watched some of the Japan Airlines tournament this past weekend and I was very surprised that there were only a couple of dozen fans seen on camera.   No crowds around the greens or tees that were shown, just a few lonely spectators scattered around the course.   I thought professional golf tournaments were very popular in Japan so I expected to see pretty big crowds, especially since the course was just outside of Tokyo and next door to Narita airport which has excellent rail and bus access.

I did see something that looked like a small spectator stand on one of the holes (#18 IIRC), but there wasn't any camera shots so I don't know if they were occupied.   Were outside spectators allowed at this club?

One thing I thought was funny was that there were few leaderboards on  the course (maybe just one?) so one of the commentators noted that the group playing the televised hole would have heard the roar of the crowds if somebody on another part of the course was tearing it up.   Since there was no crowds, you couldn't hear the polite applause from the handful of people watching the other holes.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors