Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Totally bummed out with Callaway Preowned today.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 kaycalkai

kaycalkai

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 439050
GolfWRX Likes : 120

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:34 PM

Not a rant, just super bummed and the wife/kids can't appreciate the level of sadness that my super duper irons didn't come as ordered...haha

Thought I had found the perfect iron set on CPO.
Steelhead XR (Yes! One of my favorites from my fitting!)
3* flat (Yes! Fitting showed 2-3 degrees flat was ideal for me)
KBS C-Taper Lite 115g shafts (my ideal shaft from fitting, #1 choice-woohoo!)
4-PW+AW
Good price in very good condition.

Paid $25.60 to have them shortened 1/2 inch to my fitting specs.
Waited patiently for UPS ground to get them to me - today was the day!

Got the package about 30 minutes ago.
1st thing I notice is there are 7 irons instead of 8... oh oh.
AW is missing, supposed to be 4-PW + AW.

I pull them out, faces look good and they are in real nice shape. Look up at the shaft, it is the correct flex but different model from advertised/bought. It's the right brand, it's a KBS Tour 130 instead of the C-Taper Lite 115g.
I wasn't fitted for this shaft, so I have no idea how it would work with my swing.

They were very nice on the phone, I'll obviously get a full refund. Just super bummed, we only have 6 weeks or so of golf left and I was stoked to have a new (to me) set of irons to finish out the year.

Won't stop me from shopping there again, but I would really rather have had all that I ordered than a refund.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Medic

Medic

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,411 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132567
  • Handicap:5.8
GolfWRX Likes : 6608

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

View Postkaycalkai, on 12 September 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

Not a rant, just super bummed and the wife/kids can't appreciate the level of sadness that my super duper irons didn't come as ordered...haha

Thought I had found the perfect iron set on CPO.
Steelhead XR (Yes! One of my favorites from my fitting!)
3* flat (Yes! Fitting showed 2-3 degrees flat was ideal for me)
KBS C-Taper Lite 115g shafts (my ideal shaft from fitting, #1 choice-woohoo!)
4-PW+AW
Good price in very good condition.

Paid $25.60 to have them shortened 1/2 inch to my fitting specs.
Waited patiently for UPS ground to get them to me - today was the day!

Got the package about 30 minutes ago.
1st thing I notice is there are 7 irons instead of 8... oh oh.
AW is missing, supposed to be 4-PW + AW.

I pull them out, faces look good and they are in real nice shape. Look up at the shaft, it is the correct flex but different model from advertised/bought. It's the right brand, it's a KBS Tour 130 instead of the C-Taper Lite 115g.
I wasn't fitted for this shaft, so I have no idea how it would work with my swing.

They were very nice on the phone, I'll obviously get a full refund. Just super bummed, we only have 6 weeks or so of golf left and I was stoked to have a new (to me) set of irons to finish out the year.
Won't stop me from shopping there again, but I would really rather have had all that I ordered than a refund.

I love CPO and knew, going into your thread, that they would take care of you.

But man that's unusual.

In my experience when I am on the phone I have had them actually check to make sure the exact set is there and ready to be adjusted. Odds are they were mismarked when they came in and no one caught it until you did. Or they grabbed the wrong set off of the shelf and adjusted them, which would explain why your AW was missing.

Hope they get them to you fast so you can enjoy them! But they owe you some sort of consideration and/or an explanation. Perhaps ask for overnight shipping? (they gave it to me recently when I asked - I paid for two day and they upgraded it free) Doesn't hurt to ask, right?
Callaway XR-16 w/Fujikura Evolution Speeder in 12.5*
Callaway XR-16 4W w/Fujikura Evolution Speeded (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Apex CF16 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Slate 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Odyssey Versa 9 34"
Callaway Chrome Soft

#3 kaycalkai

kaycalkai

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:37 PM

Good thinking Medic, I wish I had called in and had them check the set. I was so excited to find it I just bought it online as soon as I saw it.
I was really surprised, I've had great luck with them with every order.
The Tag # on the 8 iron matched what was in his system, so we assume they were mislabeled upon receipt there. I joked with the guy that he should just go out back and find my AW against the loft/lie machines, he explained to me just how big of an operation it is there!

They put the Fusion line on 20% sale today, so I'll end up picking up a nice fairway wood and keep my eyes open over the winter for another set with my perfect specs. With as much volume as they do, eventually another C-Taper lite in X flex will come through!

Edited by kaycalkai, 12 September 2017 - 07:38 PM.

#4 Medic

Medic

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,411 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132567
  • Handicap:5.8
GolfWRX Likes : 6608

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:18 PM

Be sure to check their eBay operation. Their sales on eBay are AMAZING. Like to the tune of 40% off in many cases.

Picked up a brand new XR-16 exactly as I wanted it for about $60 less than on their main site - shipped!

You never know what they have on the bay and apparently their eBay operation is completely separate from the main site/sales.

Worth a look-see!
Callaway XR-16 w/Fujikura Evolution Speeder in 12.5*
Callaway XR-16 4W w/Fujikura Evolution Speeded (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Apex CF16 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Slate 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Odyssey Versa 9 34"
Callaway Chrome Soft

#5 Mike Jamieson

Mike Jamieson

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446240
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:30 PM

ordered a 3w with Hzrdus black...it arrived today with a Hzrdus Red!!...maybe colorblind?

#6 sleuth

sleuth

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69879
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:24 AM

Just double check that CPO does not actually have the set in the warehouse.

I've been reading a lot of issues this year on forums about their warehousing problems. Whoever the pickers are, pulling and shipping the wrong items.

#7 lil'mike

lil'mike

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 436656
  • Ebay ID:mrgolf2k
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:47 AM

So they didn't actually have the set you ordered/wanted and paid for so you wont see them or are they sending the right set to you?

#8 sgsst18

sgsst18

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 292145
  • Handicap:3.9
  • Ebay ID:sgsst18
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:53 AM

Hopefully a warehouse issue and they can get you the set you ordered.  Also in the North so I can appreciate your sadness.

#9 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
GolfWRX Likes : 656

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:07 PM

Did they pay for expedited shipping at least for the error? When TM jacked up my order with them, I made them (Asked politely, but I insisted) they overnight me the proper product that I ordered because I had a tourney that weekend, and I expected that I would receive the correct part.
Driver: M2
3w: XR16
Hybrid(3): JPX-850
Hybrid(4): 816H1
Irons: Rballz 5 & 6, Rbladez 7-PW
GW: RTX 3.0
SW: MD2
LW: RAC FE2O3  
Putter: O-works #1/Black Series i #9/O-works #1W
Ball: '16 ProV1
Bag: Sun Mountain 2Five/Sun Mountain Sync
Shoe: Puma Biodrive

#10 kaycalkai

kaycalkai

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:09 PM

View Postlil, on 13 September 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

So they didn't actually have the set you ordered/wanted and paid for so you wont see them or are they sending the right set to you?

I bolded the correct part.
The set I ordered apparently was mislabeled in their computer system, this was the only Steelhead XR iron set in KBS shafts they had at all.
A refund was really my only option if I want the shafts I ordered/paid for. I'll have to start the search again for a set of irons that fit my specs.

View Postsgsst18, on 13 September 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

Hopefully a warehouse issue and they can get you the set you ordered.  Also in the North so I can appreciate your sadness.

Unfortunately, the set they sent is the set they had in the computer that I bought. When it was entered, they apparently entered the wrong shaft information. The warehouse # on the 8 iron matched what they "picked" for my order, so the CS rep assumes it was just entered incorrectly when they took them in.

The missing AW is a different story. I assume since they charged me for 8 shaft length adjustment that at some point the AW did exist/was with this set. Maybe it's leaning up against the loft/lie machine in the back somewhere, I don't know. He didn't hold out much hope they could find it to send at this point if I decided to keep the irons with the wrong shafts.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 kaycalkai

kaycalkai

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:13 PM

View PostZ1ggy16, on 13 September 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

Did they pay for expedited shipping at least for the error? When TM jacked up my order with them, I made them (Asked politely, but I insisted) they overnight me the proper product that I ordered because I had a tourney that weekend, and I expected that I would receive the correct part.

They definitely would have paid for expedited shipping, the CS rep even looked in the computer to see if he could get me another set in better condition than what I ordered.
Unfortunately they only had 1 set of Steelhead XR irons in X flex left in stock and they were in a shaft that came in pretty low on my fitting choices.

They issued me a return # and prepaid UPS label and will refund me my total purchase price once the clubs get back there next week they said.
I'll keep using my current irons and watching for the perfect set to pop up again on the BST or various used club sites.

Edited by kaycalkai, 13 September 2017 - 12:14 PM.

#12 cwglum

cwglum

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22234
GolfWRX Likes : 548

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:16 PM

CPO completely missed on my order this summer as well.  Ordered a Fly-z driver in "like-new" condition, when it arrived it looked like someone used alignment sticks as javelins and threw them at the top of the crown for an afternoon.  Many chipped & poorly repainted spots all over the top of the club.

It was also packaged very poorly.  Headcover taped to the shaft of the club, not even on the club head.  The tape on the box was also less then adequate to keep portions of it from coming open.

Full refund but just like OP ... was excited for the arrival, but complete let down needing to get an RMA number less than 5min after opening the box.

#13 Bimmer1

Bimmer1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 318201
GolfWRX Likes : 657

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:05 PM

I've had trouble this year with CPO iron sets being sold as "standard" length only for them to arrive 1/4"-1/2" short or 1/4"-1/2" long vs their listed standard lengths for the set.

Edited by Bimmer1, 13 September 2017 - 02:05 PM.

#14 mcgeec79

mcgeec79

mcgeec79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 362277
  • Handicap:16
  • Ebay ID:mcgeec79
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:00 PM

I bought 3 like new putters through them over Labor Day. Was so excited to get them and they were all beat up with marks, grips that weren't noted and 2 were missing shaft bands. Good customer service on the return side but like you said, so excited that you found exactly what you want but then the disappointment when opening the box.

#15 mbbrewer

mbbrewer

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 850 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22855
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:24 PM

Happened with my bertha mini driver. The club I received was 1" shorter than advertised.  They made it right and let me pick any shaft they had in inventory to play at the advertised spec. Ended up with a free upgrade to an Oban Kiyoshi white.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors