Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Electric cart - Powakaddy or Motocaddy or ...

electric cart

78 replies to this topic

#31 kiwihacker

kiwihacker

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284152
GolfWRX Likes : 401

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:39 AM

Thinking of purchasing one so this thread is very useful. Love walking the course but not having to lug the clubs would be great. I recently played where my clubs were on a cart but my buddies non playing wife rode in the cart. So I had the best of both worlds. Get to walk the course and just grab the club for the shot when you need it. Felt so much fresher after the round. Got me thinking an electric trundler wiuld be perfect.

Edited by kiwihacker, 06 December 2017 - 11:40 AM.

Cobra King F6 Driver
15° Cleveland Launcher 3 wood
20.5°& 23° Cleveland DST Launcher hybrids
Mizuno MP 58 4-PW irons
Cleveland CG 12 52° & Callaway MD Forged 58°
Yes Tracy putter

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 ndlutz

ndlutz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431632
  • Handicap:13.6
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:11 PM

I'm really intrigued by these things, particularly the ones that follow you.

#33 raggal62

raggal62

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 304737
  • Handicap:4
  • Ebay ID:raggal62
GolfWRX Likes : 204

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:55 PM

Any reviews of E-Z-Go Cruiser trolleys?

#34 GeorgeL

GeorgeL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136722
  • Handicap:4.2
  • Ebay ID:glacanilao
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:36 PM

I bought the Motocaddy M1 a few years ago and have never had a problem. I heard horror stories about people with remote control models where the button would get accidentally pushed while in their pocket, sending the cart who knows were, so I wanted the simplicity and control of a push button model. The battery life has been great, even when used sporadically (maybe less than 10 times a year here in San Diego since most tee times come with cart). And like others have said it folds down compactly and is easy to store.

And I'm not sure how DHC works but what I do when going downhill is to just turn OFF the power on the cart and walk it down the incline while holding the handles, then push the button again at the bottom to resume operation. Intuitive and takes less than a second.

I bought the seat as well which is great. It's easy to take on/off and includes a storage area under the seat cushion. I can't say the same about their cup and umbrella holders, however, which are poorly designed. The cup holder is too narrow to fit a standard sized thermos. About the only thing you can fit in there is a small water bottle, so I bought a Clickgear cooler bag and attached that to the frame to hold it.  And the umbrella holder adjusts the angle using small plastic teeth that are fine for the scorecard holder (which I also have), but with a heavy object like an umbrella they can't hold the angle and so the umbrella comes crashing down while going over terrain. I am currently looking to see if I can fit a Clickgear umbrella holder on it. Other than these issues, though, the cart is well-built and worth it if you like to walk but hate pushing a cart or carrying your clubs.

Also there's a built-in smartphone holder and USB port for charging your phone, which works but I found that the holder is too narrow to fit some of the wider phones out there, so you kinda have to semi wedge it in at an angle to hold it in place.

One last caveat is that some of the stand bags won't fit on the cart due to the curved design at the top of some bags. I'm not sure about other electric carts but it seems the length from the base to the bag holders on the M1 is pretty long (longer than Clickgear for example). As a result my Sun Mountain 3.5 is about an inch too short so the holders hit my irons instead of the bag and I have to keep on readjusting the bag so that the highest point on the bag is hitting the holders (which unfortunately is not at the place where the legs are).

My only other option is to move my clubs to a different bag when I take the cart, which I've been planning to do but keep forgetting since my clubs are always in my car so I'm constantly faced with the same problem every time I walk lol.

Edited by GeorgeL, 14 December 2017 - 06:52 PM.

Callaway Epic SZ 10.5* Aldila Rogue Max 65 Stiff
Callaway Epic SZ 15* Rogue Max 75 S
Srixon Z H45 19* Kuro Kage Black HBP 60 Stiff
Srixon Z 545 4-PW KBS Tour C-Taper Lite Stiff
Cobra King Pur Wedges 50*/54*/58* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Scotty Cameron Futura X5 31.5" Flatso 3.0

#35 bsawhney

bsawhney

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 293 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 209181
  • Handicap:14.3
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:31 AM

Here is a short review of the Motocaddy M1 DHC.

One of the rounds I played was on an extremely hilly course, so that really tested the DHC feature. The DHC option works great when going downhill, I would definitely get the DHC if you are playing hilly courses. If you are not getting DHC, then consider getting a trolley with a remote control, if it runs away, then you could at least slow it down using the remote control instead of running after it.

The M1 folds down to a very compact size, it really folds up very small, in fact I think it folds up more compactly that my ClicGear 3.0 cart, I am very happy with this as this was one of the primary factors for spending more on the M1 than the S1 cart.

Regarding actually folding and unfolding the trolley, I think it is a very simple procedure once you have done it a couple of times and I would not be concerned about this at all. I do like the fact that the handle height is adjustable on this trolley.

While going uphill on really steep slopes, it does have a tendency to tip backwards and it did do that once on me, so after that I have to make sure that I am tending to it when it is going up steep slopes. One other factor maybe that my cart bag is very heavy as well, I am using a Bennington QO-12 bag that is 12 lbs in weight by itself and is a pretty tall bag.

On gentle slopes, there is no issue for tipping backwards. So, overall I am fine with having to tend it on really steep slopes.

Battery performance has been good even on the hilly course, I bought just the standard 18 hole lithium battery, it had plenty of juice left after every round that I have played as yet.

I like the integrated device holder that it comes with (it also has a USB charger in there that I have not tried out as yet), the holder can expand out to hold your GPS device or phone and is very convenient.

The one thing I do miss on this cart is the storage net and compartment that I have on my ClicGear 3.0, those compartments are so useful for storing tees, balls, rangefinder and snacks. I will have to explore some optional accessory to get a storage compartment going for this cart. BTW, the C2 has a small storage compartment, but then it is missing the integrated device cradle.

The ADF feature is nice, which allows you to send out the cart ahead of you in 15, 30 or 45 yard increments, I have only used this on flat fairways as yet and it works pretty well.

Front wheel is very easy to align, it has two small dials on the fork that holds the wheel, I did the alignment on the course the first time out and it has been tracking pretty straight since then.

Overall, I am very happy with this purchase, as I love to walk, and this will allow me to walk the hilly courses without getting tired and having to push my cart.

Hope this feedback helps you in making a decision, I could have gone either way as well, but ended up with the M1 DHC.

#36 jerebear21

jerebear21

Don't Go Left

• 2,488 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338509
  • Handicap:8.3
  • Ebay ID:bearjere21
GolfWRX Likes : 1651

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:26 PM

I just bought a powakaddy C2

I'll write a review after it comes.
thehuyhuynhfoundation.com

RogueSz 1w, 3w, 5w
Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i w/tensei pro white tx
Fourteen RM22 53/58
CircleT

#37 jerebear21

jerebear21

Don't Go Left

• 2,488 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:48 AM

Don't mean to hijack but I'll go ahead and highlight the Powakaddy C2 for those on the fence as well.

Powakaddy C2

One of my concern was reliability with electrical push carts.  The distributor for Motocaddy, powakaddy and stewart is golf direct in illinois.  I contact him and communication was fantastic.  He reassure me about the product and that they have a warehouse full of parts for anything that could go wrong.  The fixes are very easy and do-it-yourself.  The lithium battery will last me longer than what they recommended.

Upon using the C2, you can really tell it's very well built.  I didn't want a flimsy piece of junk that can't handle the wear and tear after a couple years.  These things are done right.  Folding was a 3-step process.  It was compact and the main reason I picked this over the FW7s. I do regret this after seeing the FW7s had a grey market for lithium battery at a cheaper price point than what powakaddy was offering.  The FW7s also had a chair to sit down whereas the C2 is not compatible with this accessory.  I got the umbrella holder, drink holder and card holder for free from direct.  

My club isn't as hilly as some folks here but I was always worried about not having enough power so I went with the 230w motor.  Powakaddy's current line up FW3 and FW5 uses the 200w motor similar to motocaddy.  The only bigger motor in the powakaddy's lineup was the C2 and FW7s.  The C2 uses a smaller lithium battery than the FW7s which shares same battery as FW3 and FW5.  After playing 18 holes, I still had 2/3 of the battery remaining and I'm sure I could have gotten 33-34 holes out of one charge from just the 18 hole lithium.  My course is relatively flat and I had my powakaddy on speed 3 out of 9;  The 230w engine didn't need that much power to go(fast pace was 4, nice and steady was 3 on greens and rough).  It was one of the best walk of my life without a caddy holding my bag. The 200w engine would be more than enough for most people.  I just had to have the best.

You honestly don't need a remote for these carts which is one more thing to worry about if something went wrong.  I just press the button and let it coast down the fairway.  My playing partner was carrying his sunday bag and he was pretty tired but it was just a small walk for me.  I don't understand why electric push carts isn't more popular in the US but it honestly would make rounds faster.  Almost no fatigue at the end of the round and I could have played another 18.  I will likely buy a GoKart for my wife or guests that comes to my club.  

I don't think you can go wrong with powakaddy or motorkaddy.  Both are top of the line from well known companies.  Very well built.

Edited by jerebear21, 15 January 2018 - 08:56 AM.

RogueSz 1w, 3w, 5w
Fourteen RM22 53/58
CircleT

#38 CGM

CGM

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115461
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:18 PM

Is it an issue that the C2 does not have the DHC control for hills?

#39 jerebear21

jerebear21

Don't Go Left

• 2,488 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:39 AM

CGM, on 21 January 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

Is it an issue that the C2 does not have the DHC control for hills?

absolutely not, there's a couple holes that's hilly in my home course and i just turned it off and let it roll down. it's very very easy to use.

with that said, I bought a 2017 model bat caddy x3r yesterday on craigslist for 250 since my wife wants to walk this summer with me to get some exercise on.  I'll take some photos and do a side by side comparison this weekend.  The bat caddy is more rugged and require a bit more work to pull up and put down.  It came with an SLA battery but i'm not going to invest into lithium for her since i'll be lucky to get 10 rounds out of her per year.  

The powakaddy is better craftsmenship for sure but I couldn't resist on how cheap the bat caddy was so I pulled the trigger.  The remote function on the BC is cool but tbh it's just a cool factor.  I don't view it as something that is a must have or a deal breaker.

RogueSz 1w, 3w, 5w
Fourteen RM22 53/58
CircleT

#40 CGM

CGM

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115461

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:48 AM

Jerebear21,

The videos I have seen on the C2 make it look like the handle has a lot of play in it. Is that the case?  I am deciding between the FW7 and the C2 at this point. Any feedback would be appreciated.

CM

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 tannerdc

tannerdc

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17294

Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:10 AM

FYI...I saw a nice Motocaddy pop up on BST just a few days ago.  I'm not familiar with the all the brands and different options, but it looked like its very well made.  Could be a good year to get one of these, as they seem to be gaining popularity.

#42 tannerdc

tannerdc

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17294

Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:12 AM

Anybody heard or know anything about the Motocaddy C Tech?  Look like its made of carbon, lightweight and narrow.

#43 jerebear21

jerebear21

Don't Go Left

• 2,488 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:36 AM

CGM, on 07 March 2018 - 06:48 AM, said:

Jerebear21,

The videos I have seen on the C2 make it look like the handle has a lot of play in it. Is that the case?  I am deciding between the FW7 and the C2 at this point. Any feedback would be appreciated.

CM

You can't go wrong with either models; both comes with the bigger motor compared to the FW5 and FW3

The c2 just folds nicely into my trunk; I value that

The FW7 is a big longer and occupies like a 2nd golf bag in my trunk; the FW7 has more accessories including a chair and GPS if you're into that

I'd avoid bat caddy completely; I have both and can stand firm with my assessment; The powakaddy and motocaddy is just a better product; easier to fold up and much much lighter and durable.  Bat caddy really feels cheap.

RogueSz 1w, 3w, 5w
Fourteen RM22 53/58
CircleT

#44 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
GolfWRX Likes : 6932

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:09 PM

jerebear21, on 07 March 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

CGM, on 07 March 2018 - 06:48 AM, said:

Jerebear21,

CM

You can't go wrong with either models; both comes with the bigger motor compared to the FW5 and FW3

The c2 just folds nicely into my trunk; I value that

The FW7 is a big longer and occupies like a 2nd golf bag in my trunk; the FW7 has more accessories including a chair and GPS if you're into that

I'd avoid bat caddy completely; I have both and can stand firm with my assessment; The powakaddy and motocaddy is just a better product; easier to fold up and much much lighter and durable.  Bat caddy really feels cheap.

Agreed. A couple of guys I've known have them and have not been at all satisfied. Constantly little nagging problems with wires breaking, connectors failing, intermittent electrical malfunctions. And after a real or so they get kind of loose and rattly.
Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

#45 dcmidnight

dcmidnight

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 3,258 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18357
  • Handicap:6.1

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:56 AM

I'm deciding between the Powacaddy FW7 and the Motocaddy S3 Pro - both are @ the same price point.

I still dont know why these arent more popular at certain courses in the US. My home course is an "old school" East Coast course, very walkable, tees right next to the last green etc. Dont know if its a price thing, lack of marketing, who knows. But hoping this is the year I finally take the plunge.

M3 9.5 - AD-DI6x Black
M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95s
Cobra F8 One Length 5-GW - Steelfiber 110s
TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5

#46 jerebear21

jerebear21

Don't Go Left

• 2,488 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:32 AM

dcmidnight, on 26 March 2018 - 05:56 AM, said:

I'm deciding between the Powacaddy FW7 and the Motocaddy S3 Pro - both are @ the same price point.

I still dont know why these arent more popular at certain courses in the US. My home course is an "old school" East Coast course, very walkable, tees right next to the last green etc. Dont know if its a price thing, lack of marketing, who knows. But hoping this is the year I finally take the plunge.

look for a used one on ebay;  i saw a couple that came and went;  I have the Powakaddy c2 and motocaddy M1, one for me and one for my guests when they come to my home club.  I will not hesitate to recommend either or on both brand; my bat caddy went dunking in the water when my idiot friend turned the other way before making sure it was turned off; I don't recommend remote;  It's indeed automatic but it's not automatic from user's negligence.  The 5 year lithium warranty is awesome as well.

RogueSz 1w, 3w, 5w
Fourteen RM22 53/58
CircleT

#47 jerebear21

jerebear21

Don't Go Left

• 2,488 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:33 AM

also, powakaddy refreshed their lineups with upgrades; ALL FW models comes standard with the 230w motor.

RogueSz 1w, 3w, 5w
Fourteen RM22 53/58
CircleT

#48 dcmidnight

dcmidnight

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 3,258 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:13 PM

jerebear21, on 26 March 2018 - 09:33 AM, said:

also, powakaddy refreshed their lineups with upgrades; ALL FW models comes standard with the 230w motor.

Ended up with the M3 Pro. Found a good deal online that included 3 free accessories. Paid for the upgraded battery.
M3 9.5 - AD-DI6x Black
M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5

#49 lawsonman

lawsonman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 171857
  • Handicap:None
  • Ebay ID:pingguy1970
GolfWRX Likes : 3588

Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:42 PM

dcmidnight, on 28 March 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

Ended up with the M3 Pro. Found a good deal online that included 3 free accessories. Paid for the upgraded battery.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get it?
Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
Ping Anser 16.5
Ping Anser 20,23 Hybrid
Ping  G25 5-GW
Ping Glide 54
Ping Piper S Redwood
Snell MTB Black
Ping DLX Bag

#50 dcmidnight

dcmidnight

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 3,258 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:52 PM

lawsonman, on 28 March 2018 - 06:42 PM, said:

motogolf dot com

For the record, I know almost nothing about them other than knowing one person thats ordered from them and had good service. But their price was good and they were very quick to respond to email questions.

M3 9.5 - AD-DI6x Black
M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#51 lawsonman

lawsonman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 171857
  • Handicap:None
  • Ebay ID:pingguy1970
GolfWRX Likes : 3588

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:11 PM

Thanks dc !
Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
Ping Anser 16.5
Ping Anser 20,23 Hybrid
Ping  G25 5-GW
Ping Glide 54
Ping Piper S Redwood
Snell MTB Black
Ping DLX Bag

#52 jerebear21

jerebear21

Don't Go Left

• 2,488 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:13 AM

dcmidnight, on 28 March 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

lawsonman, on 28 March 2018 - 06:42 PM, said:

motogolf dot com

For the record, I know almost nothing about them other than knowing one person thats ordered from them and had good service. But their price was good and they were very quick to respond to email questions.

You will enjoy it greatly!  I have the m1 pro and from my understanding the m3 pro is the same model but with an upgraded screen;

It is an outstanding product; very easy to fold up and down and very well made; you will enjoy your walks so much!

RogueSz 1w, 3w, 5w
Fourteen RM22 53/58
CircleT

#53 MarkFromTheUK

MarkFromTheUK

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,075 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140175
  • Handicap:Knee
GolfWRX Likes : 3148

Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:46 AM

Just ordered a Powakaddy FW7S EBS. Decided against the GPS option, as I prefer lasers.
PXG 0811X Driver - AD-GP 7X
PXG 0341X Fairway - AD-GP 8X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 Tour 105X
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Nippon Modus3 Tour 105X
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Nippon Modus3 Tour 120X
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Nippon Modus3 Tour 120X
PXG Brandon H - 33.5
PXG Bat Attack H - 33.5
PXG Operator H - 33.5
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag

KaBoom Baby!

#54 dcmidnight

dcmidnight

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 3,258 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2018 - 03:08 PM

I dont know if I should start a separate thread or not. But for all the reading I did about how these are so much bigger than other fold up carts - must be old models they are talking about. This is how the '17 M3 Pro compares to the Clicgear 3.0. Once you pop the battery pack out, its a little heavier but it is certainly only a few pounds.

The only slightly irritating thing is that its not perfect with a stand bag. I have a Titleist Staff stand bag and have to strap the legs together when I put it on - thats on, its a few seconds. But this certainly seems like something better suited to a cart bag. Very very minor nit.

20180331_154034.jpg

20180331_154045.jpg
M3 9.5 - AD-DI6x Black
M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5

#55 Golfcat

Golfcat

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3951
  • Ebay ID:tysonface
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:28 AM

Definitely going to pull the trigger on a Motocaddy S1...$750 with lithium battery is the best that I have found...maybe I should go with $800 with cup holder and scorecard holder.  

Anyone have opinion on accessories or maybe found a better price?

Ping G400 MAX 10.5* w 2KNV Blue
Ping i200 4-u, Glide 54, 58
Guerin GR3 Mallet

#56 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
GolfWRX Likes : 6932

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:35 AM

Golfcat, on 01 April 2018 - 06:28 AM, said:

Definitely going to pull the trigger on a Motocaddy S1...$750 with lithium battery is the best that I have found...maybe I should go with $800 with cup holder and scorecard holder.  

The cup holder is worth having but it is quite small and prone to tipping over if you put a tall bottle in it. It is the one aspect of my S1 that is quite poorly designed IMO. I’ve not seen the scorecard thing. The umbrella holder is a necessity be sure you get that.

I went with the usual $795 deal from Motogolf a couple years ago. Same price, same trolley as you are looking at.
Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

#57 dcmidnight

dcmidnight

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 3,258 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:45 AM

Golfcat, on 01 April 2018 - 06:28 AM, said:

I haven't put anything in it yet but the drink holder seems tiny. Probably soda can size but I cant see it holding any reasonably sized wter bottle unless its really stretched. I may take my old Clic water bottle holder and see if I can fashion an attachment to the Motocaddy tubing.

Love the cell phone holder/charging port on the M3. I'm usually not out long enough where it makes a difference but its a cool feature to have.

Only thing I miss is the cargo net on the Clic. Makes it so easy to toss stuff into.
M3 9.5 - AD-DI6x Black
M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5

#58 raggal62

raggal62

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 304737
  • Ebay ID:raggal62
GolfWRX Likes : 204

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:24 AM

Bag Boy offers a universal Sand/Seed bottle bracket that I use for a water bottle holder.

#59 dcmidnight

dcmidnight

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 3,258 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:06 AM

So a few rounds under my belt with the M3 Pro now. IMO its a definite upgrade over the Clic.

It is *very* easy to fold/unfold. Maybe even easier than the Clic. I *LOVE* that the numbered the tabs so you can go in order/reverse order if you get lost. Great idea!!

Sizewise its just about the same too. I got the 36 hole battery and after 18 holes it is still listing as being in the green.

As far as accessories go, it was easy enough to take the Clic accessory loops/screws off the Clic and pop them on to the Motocaddy tubing. Since the MC tubes are a skitch smaller than the Clics I had to fashion some padding underneath but it works just fine for now. I used three hooks and right now have it setup with the Clicgear accessory bag on the right hand side and the XL drink holder and sand bottle on the left. Works great.

The built in phone holder is...mostly useless tbh. Even wide open it just barely fits my phone (Galaxy S7 Edge) and almost certainly would not fit anything bigger. The real problem is that if you use the phone holder - you cant easily see/pull clubs out of the bottom of your bag. One of those things that seems better than it is in reality. I end up keeping it in the accessory bag on the side.

The feature where it will go a set number of yards away and then stop - again it seems to sound better than it actually works. When you start the cart under normal operation, it sort of nice and gently starts up and gets you to your speed. Works great. With this feature it seems to go to 100% torque immediately and spins the cart out. I dont like it.

There's also...no brake on these. I'm sure most people knew that but I guess thats a thing that I just never realized. They have some newer versions that have an electronic brake but its just something you have to be aware of. Once I've gotten used to it its really no big deal.

Motocaddy also has something called Easilock that are some small nubs you can install on their brand cart bags to easier/easily lock the back into place. I ordered a couple pairs of nubs to see if I could test it out on my own bag. No interest in buying another bag just for this feature.

Couple of small nits I guess but overall its been great. My course is realtively flat but does have a few hills and a feel like it saves me just that much gas that I'm not pushing it on the hills.
M3 9.5 - AD-DI6x Black
M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5

#60 kiwihacker

kiwihacker

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284152
GolfWRX Likes : 401

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:59 PM

dcmidnight, on 16 April 2018 - 05:06 AM, said:

So a few rounds under my belt with the M3 Pro now. IMO its a definite upgrade over the Clic.

It is *very* easy to fold/unfold. Maybe even easier than the Clic. I *LOVE* that the numbered the tabs so you can go in order/reverse order if you get lost. Great idea!!

Sizewise its just about the same too. I got the 36 hole battery and after 18 holes it is still listing as being in the green.

As far as accessories go, it was easy enough to take the Clic accessory loops/screws off the Clic and pop them on to the Motocaddy tubing. Since the MC tubes are a skitch smaller than the Clics I had to fashion some padding underneath but it works just fine for now. I used three hooks and right now have it setup with the Clicgear accessory bag on the right hand side and the XL drink holder and sand bottle on the left. Works great.

The built in phone holder is...mostly useless tbh. Even wide open it just barely fits my phone (Galaxy S7 Edge) and almost certainly would not fit anything bigger. The real problem is that if you use the phone holder - you cant easily see/pull clubs out of the bottom of your bag. One of those things that seems better than it is in reality. I end up keeping it in the accessory bag on the side.

The feature where it will go a set number of yards away and then stop - again it seems to sound better than it actually works. When you start the cart under normal operation, it sort of nice and gently starts up and gets you to your speed. Works great. With this feature it seems to go to 100% torque immediately and spins the cart out. I dont like it.

There's also...no brake on these. I'm sure most people knew that but I guess thats a thing that I just never realized. They have some newer versions that have an electronic brake but its just something you have to be aware of. Once I've gotten used to it its really no big deal.

Motocaddy also has something called Easilock that are some small nubs you can install on their brand cart bags to easier/easily lock the back into place. I ordered a couple pairs of nubs to see if I could test it out on my own bag. No interest in buying another bag just for this feature.

Couple of small nits I guess but overall its been great. My course is realtively flat but does have a few hills and a feel like it saves me just that much gas that I'm not pushing it on the hills.

Interesting. At the weekend I bought the S3 Pro with DHC but they didn't have that model in stock. So they loaned me an M3 until my S3 arrives. Used it on Sunday and really liked it. I thought this feature was really good. I used it often where I arrived at the green, grabbed my putter and then sent the cart away 10 or 15m in the direction of the next tee or to the point where I would exit the green. On another hole I hit a provisional ball that I didn't need so I sent the cart in the direction of my first ball whilst I went and retrieved the provisional ball.

The only risk is it seems to veer off course it doesn't hold a straight line very well. The maximum you can send it forward is 60m but looking in the direction of my ball there was a bunker I was worried about so I only sent it off 45m. Which was just as well because it veered off course towards the swamp and stopped only about 10m short of it. Would have definitely got wet if I'd set it for 60m. LOL

Otherwise really enjoyed it once I got used to it.

Edited by kiwihacker, 16 April 2018 - 03:01 PM.

Cobra King F6 Driver
15° Cleveland Launcher 3 wood
20.5°& 23° Cleveland DST Launcher hybrids
Mizuno MP 58 4-PW irons
Cleveland CG 12 52° & Callaway MD Forged 58°
Yes Tracy putter

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors