Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

2017 Albertsons Boise Open: Discussion Thread


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 zakkozuchowski

zakkozuchowski

    GolfWRX Editor

  • ClubWRX Media Staffer
  • 1,220 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59676
  • Joined: 07/05/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 596

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:52 PM

GolfWRX is onsite for the Albertsons Boise Open, the second leg of the Web.com Tour Finals. Last year, Michael Thompson won the event, which returns to Hillcrest Country Club in 2017. Enjoy our photos from Boise.

    Monday's Photos *Parts 2-4 from GolfWRX Member wedgeaddicted55
    Tuesday's Photos *Parts 3, 4 from GolfWRX Member wedgeaddicted55
Special Galleries 4896d089f1ba0b7f8282a049538fa796.jpg

Edited by am_prezioso, 12 September 2017 - 05:10 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 PixlPutterman

PixlPutterman

    Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24110
  • Joined: 01/16/2007
  • Location:Boise, from St. Louis
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:MikesChevelle
GolfWRX Likes : 694

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:34 PM

Anyone in town for the event is welcome to come over for a beer or whiskey :) If you are lucky Ill be BBQ'ing too
Cleveland Classic XL 280 9°- Project X Black
Adams Super LS - 14° - HOF Patriot
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 120
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 24° - C Taper 120
Adams MB2 Torched - C Taper 120
Cobra Tour Trusty 50° - S300
Cobra Tour Trusty 55° - S300
Nike Engage DS 60° - S300
ProType 2-Ball

2

#3 PowerPlayer

PowerPlayer

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 181150
  • Joined: 05/15/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 118

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:58 AM

How do these guys practice hitting any woods at all with the 230 yards restriction? Do they just practice hitting 4 balls off of each single tee or go to another practice facility nearby?

3

#4 althea16

althea16

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78240
  • Joined: 03/24/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:21 AM

 zakkozuchowski, on 11 September 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

GolfWRX is onsite for the Albertsons Boise Open, the second leg of the Web.com Tour Finals. Last year, Michael Thompson won the event, which returns to Hillcrest Country Club in 2017. Enjoy our photos from Boise.

Monday's Photos *Parts 2-4 from GolfWRX Member wedgeaddicted55

Special Galleries 4896d089f1ba0b7f8282a049538fa796.jpg

Thanks to Callaway I had a great morning laugh !   New Odyssey putter cover !!!!!!  LMAO.....did the conversation at Callaway go something like this " OK, we have Tulon putters to try and take a bite out of the Scotty Cameron market....let's do different covers to see if we can cash in on that also "  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery !  By the way....ALERT....it's not working.  Scotty does and as long as he wants will have the lion's share of the market !
I wonder if these Callaway meetings are being held at the Callaway Winery in Temecula  ?  Probably to many tastings before the meetings :stop:

4

#5 pcs11

pcs11

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238603
  • Joined: 03/16/2013
  • Location:North Dakota
GolfWRX Likes : 155

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:01 AM

Thanks for getting these pictures!  I enjoy seeing what the Web.com guys are playing - always some interesting bags out there...

Ping G 10.5° - Ust Helium Proto
Ping G30 14.5° - Ust Attas 6Star
Ping G30 18° - Ust Attas³
Callaway Apex UT 21° - Ust iRod 85
Bridgestone J15 CB 5-PW - Accra 90i
Callaway MD3 50° - Modus 105
TVD 54°K & TVD 60°J - Modus 115
Bettinardi Kuchar 2

5

#6 J-Tizzle

J-Tizzle

    Beef is my spirit animal...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,266 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1530
  • Joined: 06/09/2005
  • Location:Springfield MO
  • Handicap:+0.4
  • Ebay ID:tumbo79
GolfWRX Likes : 456

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:21 PM

 PixlPutterman, on 11 September 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

Anyone in town for the event is welcome to come over for a beer or whiskey :) If you are lucky Ill be BBQ'ing too

If you have any of that Wellers Antique sitting around still I may be taking a flight to Boise!
Ping G400 8.5* LST (eventually) - Ping i25 14* - Ping Anser 17* - Adams 9031 23* - Ping I200 5-W - Ping Gorge 2.0 50*, 56* (@ 55*), 60* - Bobby Grace Let's Face It.  

6

#7 PixlPutterman

PixlPutterman

    Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24110
  • Joined: 01/16/2007
  • Location:Boise, from St. Louis
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:MikesChevelle
GolfWRX Likes : 694

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:07 PM

 J-Tizzle, on 13 September 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

 PixlPutterman, on 11 September 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

Anyone in town for the event is welcome to come over for a beer or whiskey :) If you are lucky Ill be BBQ'ing too

If you have any of that Wellers Antique sitting around still I may be taking a flight to Boise!

I need to do some investigating, but I checked our state liquor site and they no longer list it. Hope they didnt quit selling it.....
Cleveland Classic XL 280 9°- Project X Black
Adams Super LS - 14° - HOF Patriot
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 120
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 24° - C Taper 120
Adams MB2 Torched - C Taper 120
Cobra Tour Trusty 50° - S300
Cobra Tour Trusty 55° - S300
Nike Engage DS 60° - S300
ProType 2-Ball

7

#8 tbowles411

tbowles411

    Paige Spiranac

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 23,300 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Joined: 08/30/2005
  • Location:Northern Virginia (One day I hope to be a Texan!)
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 5302

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:12 PM

Tag Ridings!  Our store built his bag!
PING G Driver
PING G Fairway 3 Wood
PING G Hybrids (3, 4)
PING G Irons (5-UW)
PING Glide 2.0 (54SS, 58WS)
PING Sigma G Piper 3
Ball: Titelist DT Trusoft

8

#9 KeithM38

KeithM38

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 272104
  • Joined: 08/21/2013
  • Location:Cincinnati, OH
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:35 PM

 PowerPlayer, on 12 September 2017 - 12:58 AM, said:

How do these guys practice hitting any woods at all with the 230 yards restriction? Do they just practice hitting 4 balls off of each single tee or go to another practice facility nearby?
Was wondering this yesterday when I saw that picture of the warning sign...so stupid to have a tournament where players can't hit all their clubs during practice.
915 d3 8.5* set at C3
915 fd 15* set A1
Mizuno MP4 3-P
Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 60*
Byron Morgan 006 GSS

9

#10 J-Tizzle

J-Tizzle

    Beef is my spirit animal...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,266 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1530
  • Joined: 06/09/2005
  • Location:Springfield MO
  • Handicap:+0.4
  • Ebay ID:tumbo79
GolfWRX Likes : 456

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:11 AM

 PixlPutterman, on 13 September 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

 J-Tizzle, on 13 September 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

 PixlPutterman, on 11 September 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

Anyone in town for the event is welcome to come over for a beer or whiskey :) If you are lucky Ill be BBQ'ing too

If you have any of that Wellers Antique sitting around still I may be taking a flight to Boise!

I need to do some investigating, but I checked our state liquor site and they no longer list it. Hope they didnt quit selling it.....

Wellers in general has become very hard to find in my area.  Apparently there was a robbery at the distillery (rumors of course) and they lost a bunch of Wellers.  So everyone says if you find any buy all you can.  I go into our big liquor store in Springfield, and have to ask the whiskey specialist for it and he will only sell me 1 bottle a month...

Ping G400 8.5* LST (eventually) - Ping i25 14* - Ping Anser 17* - Adams 9031 23* - Ping I200 5-W - Ping Gorge 2.0 50*, 56* (@ 55*), 60* - Bobby Grace Let's Face It.  

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10



1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors