Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

What were you doing on Sept 11, 2001?

31 replies to this topic

#1 larrybud

larrybud

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,075 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21167
  • Handicap:2.0
GolfWRX Likes : 3560

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:11 AM

It's amazing that it's been 16 years.    Time definitely goes faster the older you get (as a side note, I saw a show in which people were tested to their perception of amount of time passed, and the older you were, the faster you perceived the same amount of time, so it's actually a thing!).  

The world was different back then for sure.  No smart phones, internet still in its infancy.  

I'm sure many of you were personally touched by 9/11, but luckily I was not.  That morning I was at work listening to a local radio morning show (Drew and Mike on WRIF 101.1) at my desk when they started to report on an "accident" at the WTC.  As I tried to get on the internet for more info, the sites I was trying to get to were hammered, and many times you couldn't even pull up a page to get any kind of info.  The radio show gave play by play for me that morning.  I didn't see any images until much later that day.

As reports of a "single engine Cessna accident" turned into "multiple jets and terrorist attacks", I was trying to fathom what those 20, 30, 80 flights up in the WTC could be going through, as I see and look through my 5th floor window in a Detroit suburb.  Some fairly tall buildings in the corridor where I worked, but nothing was quite like the WTC of course.

I still try to absorb as much as I can each year and am a bit dismayed as people around me certainly don't seem to care as much as they once used to.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 sharkiesj

sharkiesj

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6582
GolfWRX Likes : 843

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:44 AM

I'm on the west coast so I was driving to work listening to AM talk radio like I always do.  Was hearing  him say something about the WTC building being on fire but daydreaming bout playing golf.  Then he said "now the whole building has come down!"  I was saying to myself what the heck is going on? Is this a joke? Is this satire? Cuz if it is it's not really all that funny.  If that building came down then LOTS of people are dead.  

Airplanes flying into the buildings?  WTH?????  So confused and got to work very troubled.  Didn't have a tv at work but some of the people I work with didn't have a clue what happened either.  At lunch I went to Best Buy to watch tv and then was stunned what really happened.  Devastated for all those people.  I felt sick and wanted to go home.  It still guts me to this day whenever I think about it.

#3 mizuno player

mizuno player

Mizuno player

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119445
GolfWRX Likes : 385

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:17 AM

Feels weird that today's weather here in the DC area is identical to 9/11. Beautiful.

I was visiting customers listening to Howard Stern. He said a plane crashed into the world trade center. It was thought to be a small plane.

Then a friend of mine from  DC police called and said all officers were being called in. He told me they were told it's a terrorist attack and to stay away from the city.

Then my dad called and said his building was evacuated. They do govt defense contracting. Radio stations were saying all the major bridges crossing the Potomac river might be closed. That would have Crippled this area.

We had military jets flying everywhere. And low. It was the most surreal day. Still get
Mad and very sad thinking about that day.

#4 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • 18,855 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
GolfWRX Likes : 12474

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:59 AM

I lived pretty close and had a view of the towers as they burned and fell. I recall when they fell, I lost it and I picked up an ottoman and threw it against my window and it bounced off. I had just witnessed thousands being churned to ash and buried alive. Nobody knew what would  happen next. I saw thousands if people walking like zombies up Broadway, just walking, walking uptown. City was locked down, nowhere to go.

The entire lower Manhattan smelled like burned death for weeks.

Oh, and I remember going to a place to get lunch the next day with some friends and there was a girl at the table next to us. She said, "I just want to leave and go somewhere and make art". And some people did leave NYC.

But we came back stronger than ever.

Still, miss those towers, though.

Posted Image

Edited by bscinstnct, 11 September 2017 - 01:29 PM.

#5 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

Enjoy the Chase.

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 2676

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:09 PM

I was in 5th grade - had no idea what was going on.

My teacher instructed us all to "pull out a notebook and write down everything you're hearing on the radio."

I'm guessing she wanted us to reread it someday when we better comprehended what had happened.

I still have that notebook, and it sends chills down your spine to reread it all and imagine what was going on.

'16 Taylormade Tour Issue M2 9.5* w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange V2 60TX
'17 Taylormade M2 Tour 15* w/ Tensei CK Pro White 80TX
Nike VR Pro Blades 3-PW w/ Nippon Super Peening Blue S
Titleist SM6 52* F Grind w/ DG Wedge Flex
Titleist SM4 56/60 Oil Can w/ DG Wedge Flex
Nike Method Oven Proto 006
Nike Tour Rzn Dot Platinum
Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

#6 Nixhex524

Nixhex524

Major Winner

• 1,712 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305437
  • Handicap:5.3
  • Ebay ID:Nixhex524
GolfWRX Likes : 544

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:59 PM

I was 23, working as a residential plumber on an addition in NJ... homeowner came running out and told us all what was going on so he put the TV on for us...  my boss was somewhat of a "workaholic" and after spending only a few minutes watching he demanded I get back to work.  I obviously did eventually but looking back I realize what a dick that guy could be.  

Had some friends working in a high rise right across the river at the time, they'll never forget the awfulness they witnessed that day.  Friend from high school lost his father in one of those buildings...  was just an awful day and realizing now how much he world has changed since then is sad for many reasons.
Titleist 905r 9.5* Proforce V2 76
Titleist 913 Fd 15* Speeder 757 TS
Titleist 913h 19* Diamana S+ 82
Titleist 913h 21* Proforce V2 90
Titleist 695mb 4-P PX 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM6 52-12/58-12
Scotty Cameron GoLo s5

#7 UofU02

UofU02

Wingpointe GC...Never Forgotten

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 231449
GolfWRX Likes : 1016

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:41 PM

I was writing a paper for a college class in social discourse.  For some reason I turned on CNN that day as some background noise and saw the coverage from the first moment.  I remember seeing the infamous shot of the man who jumped from one of towers and the camera followed him all the way down.  Still one of the most gut wrenching things I have ever seen in my life.
Cobra FlyZ+ Driver
Taylormade M2 16.5* fairway wood
Cobra F6 2-3 and 3-4 hybrids
Mizuno MP-55 irons 5-P
Scotty Cameron AOP Newport Custom
Cleveland RTX 588 50*, 54* and 58*

#8 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

The past we can't change. The future we can't predict.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 9471

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:16 PM

I grew up in Manhattan on 3rd st and remember watching them being constructed. It was amazing. When they went down it was like a part of my childhood memory was ripped out. I had just moved to California in a new job for the Federal Govt, got out of the shower, and watched Tom Brokaw describe an accident with the N tower. As I sat and dressed, I watched the second plane hit the S tower. I had to sit down on the floor. After a minute or so I realized it was deliberate. I was stunned and knew a turning point had been reached. When I got to work everyone was scrambling and mobilizing for instant deployment.

BTW larrybud, I started a '911 we must never forget' thread 1 (2?) years ago and so many people responded with 'who cares' replies I flamed out and got suspended and the thread was moved to cold storage, so be wary....that response was unreal. Maybe we deserve to be terrorized...
So there is really only here and now

#9 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,142 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 18796

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:30 PM

I woke up at 11am that day because I was up late almost every night after football practice. Didn't believe it was real for like the first 5-10 minutes when I turned on the TV. I only found out about it a couple hours after it happened

Had to go to school that day, it's all anyone could talk about as you could imagine
Callaway Epic Subzero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Steelhead XR 3 iron w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S200
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

#10 Golfer827

Golfer827

Known as 'The Deadman'

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29146
  • Handicap:30
  • Ebay ID:short827
GolfWRX Likes : 832

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:51 PM

I was in 11th grade History when we heard the news of the first plane hitting the Twin Towers. Then I was in Spanish 2 when we heard of the second plane and the Pentagon.

The rest of that day was just... eerie. I remember calling home at Lunch about my Dad, as I knew he worked near D.C. Thankfully, though he worked close, he wasn't as close as I thought. I ended up playing cards with a buddy during English because the teachers and fellow classmates  were all just watching the events unfold. Band class was just a ghost scene. Nothing really done, except talking and watching the aftermath.

Callaway GBB EPIC, 10.5, Fujikura Pro Green 62
Callaway GBB EPIC, 15, Matrix 65Q4 Red Tie
Callaway XR16, 19, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 FW
Titleist 716 AP1, 4-AW, XP90, R300
Vokey SM6, Steel Grey, 52 and 56, F Grind
Odyssey Versa #9 or Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ???????????

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 scomac2002

scomac2002

Inside the Starters' Hut

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109841
GolfWRX Likes : 7298

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:02 PM

A friend called about 9:30 am and told me to turn on the TV.  I was in for breakfast and wondered what all the fuss was about.  He said just turn on the TV and you will see.  I kept asking him to tell me figuring it was some sort of prank that he was playing.  He just kept saying turn on the TV.  So I did.  I can't recall if that was the moment that the first tower went down, but I couldn't believe what I was seeing.  It had to be a hoax!

I don't think I left the TV for 3 hours that morning.  I had seen Desert Storm live, yet this was completely different.  It was like watching Pearl Harbour on live feed and it just kept getting worse and worse...  I was 43 at the time.  My wife was at work and had no idea what was happening.  The kids were in school.  I don't remember what they were told.  I was completely stunned and left wondering just what the heck had happened!  I imagine my father felt the same way with the news of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour...
Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!

OGA miembro número catorce

MODERNS
TM R7 425  11.5°
Sonartec NP-99  19°
Nickent 3DX  23°/26°
Hogan Apex Plus 6-E
Hogan Special K Grind 51°/56°
TM Rossa Tourismo 3

CLASSICS
Woods:  PowerBilt Citation
Irons:  Golden Ram Axial Tour Grind Frequency Matched
Wedges:  RAM Tom Watson Scoring System
Putter:  Ping Zing Mn Brz

#12 swats

swats

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27932
GolfWRX Likes : 115

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:34 AM

I was in the air.  At the time worked on 33rd St, between 9th and 10th (horrible location btw).  Was taking a one day business trip from NYC to DC with three colleagues.  We took off from LGA probably 5-10 min before the first tower was hit.  No one on my plane (including me) saw or knew anything.  It was your typical commuter flight with everyone's nose planted in front of their computer or a paper.  As we were approaching DC, i found it strange that I didn't see any planes around us but I could see a ton on the tarmac.  Apparently we landed right after the Pentagon attack, still completely unaware of what was going on.  Looking to the front of the plane while taxiing to the gate, I noticed a flight attendant pick up a phone, get a shocked expression and then put the phone back down.

As we got off the plane we saw hoards of people crowded around TVs in the terminal.  We were trying to figure out what was going on and then heard about a plane hitting the North Tower.  We got our rental car and headed to our meeting, listening to the radio on the way.  We hadn't seen any video by then so the radio info sounded very confusing and all over the place.  When they said the south tower collapsed I still couldn't imagine that could happen.

We got to our meeting place and the company we were meeting with had evacuated the building except for a handful of people including the ones we were meeting with.  The morons there still tried to put on the meeting and go through their presentation as we are all checking out the video online and trying to get through to our families.  We told them that we needed to use their landlines to call family and then get the hell out of there.

We immediately got hotel rooms and then finally got to absorb what had happened that day.  It was surreal to say the least.  The next morning we drove back to NYC, I think it took over 7 hours or something.  One of my other colleagues was on a plane to LA that morning.  They landed in St. Louis and he rented a car and drove back.
Titleist 910D3, 9.5, Whiteboard 73S
TEE CB3, 16.5, Motore Exotics Tour S
Titleist 913HD, 18, Diamana 92HY
8-P Mizuno MP4, 3-7 MP64, C-Taper S
52-08, 58-08 Titleist SM4
Putter, Cleveland Classic #1, 34"

#13 golfandfishing

golfandfishing

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381948
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 3041

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:37 PM

I was brushing my teeth getting ready to open the golf shop in AZ then I had the next week off to see a college buddy who had moved to west palm beach. Peter Jennings was talking about that single Cessna accident when plane #2 went into the wtc live on tv. I just about swallowed my toothbrush.

#14 MooJersey

MooJersey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 473982
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:14 PM

I was in college at the time.  Living with my parents still in New Jersey.  We could see the plumes of smoke from our house.  I woke up around 10-11 o'clock when it was happening.  I think I was studying and doing papers until 1 or 2 am. When I woke up my mom was cooking in the kitchen and my dad was watching the news.  Went to class later that day and it was a bit eery.
Nike Vapor Speed Driver (10.5*)
Nike Vapor Speed 3W (15*)
Nike Vapor Speed 5W (19*)
Nike Vapor Speed 4H (23*)

Nike Vapor Speed Irons (5 - AW)
Nike Engage Wedges (52* Square Sole, 60* Toe Sweep Sole)
Nike T100 Mallet Putter or Nike Converge B1-01 Counter flex Putter
Nike Sport Lite Stand Bag
Callaway Super Soft or Chrome Soft Truvis

#15 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • 18,855 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
GolfWRX Likes : 12474

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:48 PM

Most people know the iconic pictures of the towers taken from afar. But anyone from NYC or has visited the towers remembers what they looked like from the street as you walked by.

Posted Image

After

Posted Image

#16 Halebopp

Halebopp

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 184750
GolfWRX Likes : 950

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:51 PM

I was doing my military service and we were camping that week, some shooting practice with our cannons and rifles. The attacks happened around 4 PM our time but the first time we heard about it was after 10 PM in the evening briefing when the lieutenant told us there had been an attack . After that we tuned in to civilian radio channels to hear more about it. It took us almost a week before we returned to the military base and actually saw the first images and video footage of it all.
D: Mizuno MP-650, 9.5*, Orochi Red Stiff
3&5W: Mizuno MP-650, 15*, 18*, Orochi Red Stiff
3 Iron: Mizuno MP-H5, KBS Tour Stiff
4-PW: Mizuno MP-4, KBS Tour Stiff
Mizuno MP-T5 50.07, DG Wedge
W/S FG Tour PMP: 55.12, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
W/S FG Tour PMP: 59.10, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4
WITB Link

Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6

#17 ZAP

ZAP

Major Winner

• 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 165699
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 813

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:43 PM

I dropped my three year old son off at pre school and then went to play nine holes.   While I was at the course someone came out and told me a plane crashed into the Twin Towers.   Stepped into the clubhouse and saw the TV.  

I don't really remember much after that other than I raced to pick up my son and get him home.  That whole day is a blur.

#18 blaird

blaird

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63801
GolfWRX Likes : 401

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:34 AM

On my way to my US History class my Soph year of college. I came out and my roommates had the tv on the news instead of sportscenter which was weird. Watched for a few minutes, went to class for about 30 min then school dismissed everyone for the day. I spent the rest of the day on the couch with my roommates watching coverage.

They say every generation has an event where you will remember exactly where you were and what you were doing when you found out. This was my generation's. Im sure the older generations will remember as well. My mom told me she remembers every detail from when she found out Kennedy was assassinated.

#19 white03

white03

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41466
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 156

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:46 PM

Work for the government and had an 11:00 flight to Saudi Arabia...needless to say I didn't get on the plane

#20 Yanki01

Yanki01

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58157
  • Handicap:5.7
GolfWRX Likes : 1639

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:21 PM

a sophomore in high school @ went in early to take a test i missed the previous day in history class. my baseball coach who's room was next door came in and told my teacher to turn on the TV. we saw the 2nd plane hit the tower a few mins later. we were all in shock. the TV was on in all my classes all day. we basically did nothing all day but watch the TV in shock. we all saw the buildings fall. around noon, some parents started picking up their kids i guess out of the fear of not knowing what the heck was going to happen next. my last class was economics and our teacher would go to NY almost annually in December break with a group of students as a field trip and learn some things about the NY economy (I would go in 2003) and he had a photo he took from 2000 atop the one of the world trade centers and sitting on a bench looking straight up at the towers - it was an awesome photo (he had quite a few inside and outside of the towers). he was pretty distraught.

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 52.08F, 56.08M & 60.10S grind w/ DGx100 (8i shafts)
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 34/350G

WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 Matchplay10033

Matchplay10033

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 432544
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 284

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:42 PM

In college living at home... working at golf course in PA.  Had no class and was playing 36 holes by myself that day.  No cell phone for me back then.  Found it odd that no one way playing in the afternoon.  Got done second 18 around 2... hit some balls.. went home and turned on the tv... will never forget that feeling in my stomach when I saw what happened.

#22 highergr0und

highergr0und

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,533 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52319
  • Ebay ID:highergr0und0
GolfWRX Likes : 1781

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:59 PM

At work for my dotcom.  Crazy customer support lady started talking about planes hitting buildings and we didn't believe her for a bit.  Ended up running to the store and buying a TV for folks to watch, then sat in my car with a buddy smoking cigarettes and listening to the radio broadcast for a long time.

#23 Spicoli

Spicoli

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 254860
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:25 PM

I had just got off a plane in Tampa (from Atlanta) and saw footage of the first tower with a smoking hole in it.  My thought was a small plane...

While waiting to get the rental car, the second tower was hit.

#24 Kapp

Kapp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479220
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:44 PM

Was just rolling out of bed in college- waking up to Howard Stern and thought he was joking at first.
Ping G400
TM SLDR 3 HL
TM Rocketball 5W
Ping G400 4-PW
Vokey SM6 50*,54*,58*
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

#25 TinCupping

TinCupping

I still believe in Tiger Woods

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244803
  • Handicap:2Hi
GolfWRX Likes : 314

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:58 PM

View PostKapp, on 15 September 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

Was just rolling out of bed in college- waking up to Howard Stern and thought he was joking at first.

Pretty similar. Hungover, over slept crappy warehouse job, got up about noon. Saw happenings on tv and thought "why is there a movie on on a tuesday afternoon?". Didnt have cable so when I changed the channel and saw it was the exact same thing I wondered "WTF?". Went outside to check the mail and saw jets circling over head at high rates of speed (i lived near an AFB). Thats when it hit me that we were under some sort of attack and s*** was getting real.

Posted Image G30 10.5 Driver, Eye 2 1,3,4,5
Posted Image G30 3,5 Wood
Posted Image G30 3,4H
Posted Image i200 3-U, Eye 2 BeCu 1-L, Eye 2+ 3-L
Posted Image Eye 2 Gorge S,L
Posted Image Anser Manganese Bronze, Anser 2 BeCu Pat Pend, Anser 2 Pat Pend
Posted Image Original Black and white staff, Pro V1 or Pro V1x

#26 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

The past we can't change. The future we can't predict.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 9471

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:36 PM

View PostKapp, on 15 September 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

That would be a pretty typical Stern 'joke'. He's a real funny guy.
So there is really only here and now

#27 JackpotJohnny

JackpotJohnny

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97333
GolfWRX Likes : 915

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:21 AM

I got in the car to go to work. Listening to big boys neighborhood and that's all they were talking about. Got to work, no one did anything except sit around the TVs in dead silence. After the second plane, we shut everything down.
I went to warehouse music at the mall and and bought the blueprint because it came out that day. It was so dead there it was erie.
Went home and listened to it on repeat watching tv coverage all day with no sound.

#28 Shipwreck

Shipwreck

Major Winner

• 2,267 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125845
GolfWRX Likes : 1121

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:36 AM

I was in Navy boot camp on our 1-1 day. That meant we completed our processing days (which take a week) and we were on the first day of our first week. Our RDCs gathered us all around and told us what happened and told us to prepare for war. We were all scared sh*tless.
What's in the bag as of 8-23-17
Driver - 2016 Taylormade M2 HL w/ Kuro Kage TINI Prototype X Flex
3 Wood - 2016 Taylormade M2 HL w/ Diamana Blue Board Stiff
Irons - Mizuno MPH5 3 iron w/ KBS Tour 125 Stiff+
Mizuno MP-25 4-PW w/ KBS Tour 125 stiff+
Wedges - Callaway MD3 51/56/60 w/ KBS Wedge Flex
Putter - Odyssey Versa #9
Ball - Srixon Z Star/Z Star XV or Q Star Tour
Bag - Sun Mountain C-130 Digital Camouflage Cart Bag

#29 Imp

Imp

Fueled

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130204
  • Handicap:12.9
GolfWRX Likes : 1366

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:55 PM

I was at the SCCA Autocross National Championships in Topeka KS at Forbes Field. I remember hearing about it and everyone that had radios tuning into news and radio (no one had tvs in their cars, maybe some campers).

It was insane. We halted racing because we were on Air National Guard property and were told to get off. Not an easy task with 1000 people, trailers, race cars, etc... We ended up having a one day and done championship.

I remember just being back in my hotel room, my wife in Colorado at the time with her cousin, literally not many people to hang out with, nor did I want to, truth be told.

--kC
Callaway Fusion / RBZ 3W / Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged Irons / Callaway MD3 52*, 58*, 64*

#30 Aimee

Aimee

Advanced

• Lady Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3411
  • Ebay ID:ak1504
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:02 PM

Ironically, I was at home doing my paperwork and giving blood for a life insurance policy, the nurse came to the house around 8:30 am IIRC. I had a meeting with a customer about 45 minutes away so I was getting ready to head out after that, TV on in the background. Heard the first plane hit, assumed just one of those things, some kind of pilot error. Then as I'm watching the report, I see the 2nd plane hit the tower in the background. It's stunning. I tear myself from the TV and get in the car to drive to the meeting and see tons of Emergency vehicles on the highway. When I get to the office where my meeting is supposed to be, the woman I have the appointment with just says "I can't deal with this" and goes back into her office. I head back home. After that I had a couple of days that I couldn't tear myself away from the TV, it was obsessive. I drove north on the NJ Turnpike past Newark Airport and it was so strange to see no planes. I live somewhat near McGuire AFB and the sound of the military planes over my house became very apparent.

It's not how...it's how many

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ohioglfr

GolfWRX Sponsors