Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Does this count as a hole-in-one?

35 replies to this topic

#1 stavros

stavros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71818
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:41 PM

I was about to go off the first tee as a single behind about 10 foursomes, and I was told there was no one on the tee sheet behind me. So I decided to play one ball from the blue tees and one ball from black tees (tips). I did that for 5 holes, then a single caught up with me and I played from just the blue tees for the rest of the front 9.

The single left after 9, so I went back to playing 2 balls, one each on the two sets of tees on hole #10, a par 3. I hit from the blue tees, then I hit from the black tees and it went in the hole. I made a par 3 with my blue tee ball. A twosome then caught me, so I went back to playing one ball for the last 8 holes of the back nine. Naturally, I played the rest of the 9 from the black tees. I played the entire back 9 with the twosome and posted a 9 hole score for the back 9.

Did I make a hole-in-one? Was it legal (USGA rules) to post that back 9 score? If so, what would I take on hole #10 other than a 1?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 596

1979 Corvette

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122006
GolfWRX Likes : 1193

Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:02 PM

I'd say yes you had a hole in one.  You should not post that score and no it is not a "legal USGA" hole in one.  It did not occur during a "legal by the rules" round of play.  Even as a 9 hole score it would not legally qualify as you hit 2 tee balls from the 10th tee box and holed out 2 balls.

But I'd be proud of that hole in one anyways.  From the tee, one ball, one swing, in the hole = hole in one.

#3 8602081

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2384
GolfWRX Likes : 426

Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:02 PM

I don't think so.

You can call it what you want, but you practically took practice shots in addition to normal shots.

#4 BrianL99

BrianL99

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,045 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 156579
  • Handicap:IRL
GolfWRX Likes : 3120

Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:05 PM

Depending on your Handicap, you made ESC 5 or 6 on Hole 10 and you're obligated to post the score.

As for a "hole in one".   If the ball when in the hole with one swing, it's a "hole in one", but I wouldn't be putting any plaques on your wall or getting the golfball mounted on a photo of the hole.

Edited by BrianL99, 09 September 2017 - 06:07 PM.

#5 sbboudreau

sbboudreau

FORE RIGHT!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 326957
  • Handicap:28
  • Ebay ID:sbboudreau61
GolfWRX Likes : 266

Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

Of course it's a hole in one. One strike on the ball and it goes in the hole is a hole in one even if you played four balls. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Mount the ball with a picture of the hole, it's your glory and you may never hit one again.

Edited by sbboudreau, 09 September 2017 - 06:11 PM.

(8) "Wee" Scot Putters, Model 1W, 4W, 5W, P15, P170, 180, Balata Face Insert(x2)
1926 MacGregor MASTER Hickory Driver, Ivory SCRULOC Face Inserts
Early Hickory Peter McEwan of Nairn, Putting Cleek Rustless
79/80 Titleist Tour Model Woods(D,3,4,5) & Irons(2-PW) Matching Serial #'s
Titleist Tour Model Flange Putter (2, 34" & 35")
98 PING ISI Nickel Irons Red(2-PW), (HELP! missing 5 & 7)
Go To Set
07 PING G-10 Irons, Yellow, (3 & 4 Hy, 5-SW)
2013 Callaway X2 HOT 10.5 Driver
2013 Callaway X2 HOT Pro 3 Deep 14.5 Fairway
2013 Callaway X2 HOT Pro 5 Deep 18.5 Fairway

#6 stavros

stavros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:21 PM

View PostBrianL99, on 09 September 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

Depending on your Handicap, you made ESC 5 or 6 on Hole 10 and you're obligated to post the score.

As for a "hole in one".   If the ball when in the hole with one swing, it's a "hole in one", but I wouldn't be putting any plaques on your wall or getting the golfball mounted on a photo of the hole.

I'm a 10 index, so ESC would be a 7. How did you decide that I should take at least a 6 on the hole? Penalty shots for hitting a practice ball?

#7 stavros

stavros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:24 PM

after my original post, I found this link
https://www.usga.org...dx=148&Rule=100

b) says it doesn't count since I played 2 balls.

As far as posting a score, I only played one 'practice' shot the entire 9 holes. Is it the USGA's position that any round where a practice shot is taken immediately becomes a practice round and the score should not be posted? I doubt it. One example/exception would be practice putts/chips after a hole is played on the same green.

#8 BrianL99

BrianL99

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,045 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 156579
  • Handicap:IRL
GolfWRX Likes : 3120

Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:06 PM

View Poststavros, on 09 September 2017 - 06:21 PM, said:

I'm a 10 index, so ESC would be a 7. How did you decide that I should take at least a 6 on the hole? Penalty shots for hitting a practice ball?

I thought the Max under ESC was 6 on Par 3, but you're right, it's 7 ... so now I'm not sure of the answer, although I guess I could look it up.

I think you're obligated to report the score.  You "hit a practice shot" on the 10th hole.  I *think* that's a 2 stroke penalty, but there are others here that will know better and surely give you a more convoluted answer.

I suppose the reasoning could go something like:

You hit your first ball and deemed it a "lost ball",  the minute you hit a second ball, which then became the ball in play.  So I guess there's a line of reasoning that you made a "3" on that hole.  (I didn't pay much attention at first, to which ball you actually hit in the hole.  If it was your 2nd Tee Shot, I'd say a "3".)

Another line of reasoning, is that you forget that hole and consider you played "8 Holes of a 9 Hole Round", which would mean you would take whatever you handicap says you should have made on that hole as your score and report it.

Now I'm confused  :)

#9 Fade

Fade

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212785
GolfWRX Likes : 365

Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:11 PM

Nice shot, I wonder if you can use the following to post the back nine.

From the USGA Handicap System Manual:

4-2. Holes Not Played or Not Played Under The Rules of Golf

If a player does not play a hole or plays it other than under the Rules of Golf (except for preferred lies), the score recorded for that hole for handicap purposes must be par plus any handicap strokes the player is entitled to receive on that hole. This hole score, when recorded, should be preceded by an "X."

Example: A player with a Course Handicap of 10 receives a handicap stroke on the first 10 allocated handicap-stroke holes. If the player does not play the sixth allocated handicap-stroke hole, which is a par 4, because of construction on the green, the player must record a score of par plus one for handicap purposes, or X-5. (See Decision 4-2/1 and Section 5-2b.)

#10 mark m

mark m

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44392
GolfWRX Likes : 802

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:01 PM

From USGA

:
Rule Misc.

Validity of Hole in One

Q.  What constitutes the validity of a hole in one?
A.  The Rules of Golf do not address the issue of the validity of a hole-in-one. It is up to the Committee to determine whether a hole-in-one is valid. The USGA recommends that a hole-in-one be considered valid:
  • If made during a round of at least nine holes, except that a hole-in-one made during a match should be acceptable even if the match ends before the stipulated round is completed.
  • If the player is playing one ball; a hole-in-one made in a practice round in which the player is playing two or more balls should not be acceptable.
  • If attested by someone acceptable to the Committee.
  • If made at a hole with a temporary tee and/or putting green in use, even if the Committee did not specifically define the teeing ground with tee-markers; the length of the hole at the time should be stated on any certificate.
  • If made in a "scramble" competition, which is played as follows: A side comprises four players. Each member of a side plays from the teeing ground, the best drive is selected, each member plays a second shot from where the best drive is located, and so on.
Regarding posting score for handicap (nope):

5-1a/5. Status of Scores Made when Two Balls Played Throughout Round

Q: A player frequently plays two balls throughout the round. May the player return the score made with each ball for handicap purposes?

A: No. The player may not return the score made with either ball. Such scores are not played under the Rules of Golf - see Rule 7-2 of "The Rules of Golf."

Fit at Totally Driven:
Titleist 910D3 8.5 Oban Devotion 05Flex 75g
TM Aeroburner TP 3W - X Flex
TM R15 TP #3 - Fuji X Flex
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-PW - KBS C-Taper X
Cleveland RTX-3 56/11
Vokey SM6 50/08 & 60/08
Newport 2.5

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 stavros

stavros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:31 PM

View Postmark m, on 09 September 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

Regarding posting score for handicap (nope):

5-1a/5. Status of Scores Made when Two Balls Played Throughout Round

Q: A player frequently plays two balls throughout the round. May the player return the score made with each ball for handicap purposes?

A: No. The player may not return the score made with either ball. Such scores are not played under the Rules of Golf - see Rule 7-2 of "The Rules of Golf."

Thanks for finding that and posting.

#12 wobgon

wobgon

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,397 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54137
GolfWRX Likes : 4243

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:12 PM

Sounds to me like a lot of members here think if you hole out on the range it would be considered a hole in one.

#13 Under2hours

Under2hours

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 383344
  • Handicap:13.2
GolfWRX Likes : 224

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:31 PM

View Postsbboudreau, on 09 September 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

Of course it's a hole in one. One strike on the ball and it goes in the hole is a hole in one even if you played four balls. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Mount the ball with a picture of the hole, it's your glory and you may never hit one again.
Re-reading the post it pains me to say no.  

Conversely you could be playing 5 balls on every hole and if your first strike on any hole goes in it is a Hole In One.

Here however though a different tee box it was your second shot......

Still the rules sticklers here suck the joy out of everything.

Great shot and well done.

Edited by Under2hours, 09 September 2017 - 09:34 PM.

#14 Socrates

Socrates

How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn?

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,304 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60534
GolfWRX Likes : 2535

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:44 PM

View PostUnder2hours, on 09 September 2017 - 09:31 PM, said:

View Postsbboudreau, on 09 September 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

Re-reading the post it pains me to say no.  

Conversely you could be playing 5 balls on every hole and if your first strike on any hole goes in it is a Hole In One.

Here however though a different tee box it was your second shot......

Still the rules sticklers here suck the joy out of everything.

Great shot and well done.
That's how Tiger tried to explain it to Elin.  "No, no, no.  You don't understand.  Those others didn't matter.  They were just practice.  Can't we just pretend they didn't happen?"

It's only a good shot and not a HIO.  It happened to a buddy of mine a long time ago - multiple balls in play - not the Tiger thing.  He made one for real 2 years ago.  Actually it also happened to a co-worker too.  Blind green (there was a tree in line with one tee) and he hit 6 balls.  No idea which one went in.  He never made another one.

Edited by Socrates, 09 September 2017 - 09:48 PM.

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
Ping G30 10.5º Ping TFC 419 Reg or Stiff
Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
X2 Hot 5-PW Recoil Reg - D2
Vokey SM2 52º cc
Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
Scotty X7M Dual 38"

#15 EKELLY

EKELLY

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 405114
  • Handicap:+2
  • Ebay ID:edwardkellyed
GolfWRX Likes : 961

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:57 PM

I call those "holeouts". I've had 2. Both a long story....I'll throw the short one out there. Years ago, I'm playing a practice round for a 36 hole event in NY. Playing with 2 future competitors, uphill 210 par 3, you can't see the putting surface.....Bear of a hole, plays 230.....So I striped a 3 iron right at it. We were just messing around. I hit it so good, I teed up another one. Nice fade, right at it. We get up there, 1 of my Titleist 2's is in the hole. Not sure which one....One guy said it's a hole in one, the other said "not officially".........Wasn't an official round, doesn't count. Neither does yours!......

#16 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,645 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
GolfWRX Likes : 4642

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:07 PM

View PostBrianL99, on 09 September 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

I thought the Max under ESC was 6 on Par 3, but you're right, it's 7 ... so now I'm not sure of the answer, although I guess I could look it up.

I think you're obligated to report the score.  You "hit a practice shot" on the 10th hole.  I *think* that's a 2 stroke penalty, but there are others here that will know better and surely give you a more convoluted answer.

You hit your first ball and deemed it a "lost ball",  the minute you hit a second ball, which then became the ball in play.  So I guess there's a line of reasoning that you made a "3" on that hole.  (I didn't pay much attention at first, to which ball you actually hit in the hole.  If it was your 2nd Tee Shot, I'd say a "3".)

Another line of reasoning, is that you forget that hole and consider you played "8 Holes of a 9 Hole Round", which would mean you would take whatever you handicap says you should have made on that hole as your score and report it.

This is where the handicap system is silly. He didn't play a round of golf. He was practicing. We've probably all done it. Multishots a hole,  4 balls in your pocket just hitting some shots, different tees, playing solo, then with someone. I wouldn't post, the round does not represent my true ability.
Callaway GBB 10.5
Callaway GBB 3w, HW
Callaway X Hot2 9 wood
Ping G 4-U
Ping Glide SS 54
Ping Glide 2 SS 58
Odyssey Pro #1
Ping Hoofer
ECCO

#17 Moonlightgrm

Moonlightgrm

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97901
GolfWRX Likes : 154

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:10 PM

The fact that you were playing alone, ends the discussion. I was playing alone one evening and aced our 14th hole. When I told our pro about my good fortune, he asked me who attested your shot? When I told him, no one, he asked me how many aces I'd had prior to this one. I told him, one. His response? "You still have one." Ouch!

#18 johnjingle

johnjingle

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 480074
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 09 September 2017 - 11:13 PM

I agree with dlygrisse, its a practice round so you can't really post the score. Good for you for dunking one though!

#19 soregongolfer

soregongolfer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97841
GolfWRX Likes : 505

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:13 AM

Congrats on making a shot from the tee box.  ;)

#20 Under2hours

Under2hours

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:52 AM

If I make a HIO playing alone on my first shot you can be damn sure it's a HIO.  If nothing goes into the HIO Party fund then so be it and F@!# the pro or anyone who questions it.......

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 hybrid25

hybrid25

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 434860
  • Handicap:19
GolfWRX Likes : 171

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:00 AM

I wanted to play a par 3 course, so I played hole #5, a par 3, 18 times. The 15th time I teed off the ball went in for a hole in one. Should I count it as a legit hio?

#22 8602081

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2384
GolfWRX Likes : 426

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:11 PM

View Posthybrid25, on 10 September 2017 - 07:00 AM, said:

I wanted to play a par 3 course, so I played hole #5, a par 3, 18 times. The 15th time I teed off the ball went in for a hole in one. Should I count it as a legit hio?

Congrats.. You got a hole in 1..

:taunt:

#23 hammy83

hammy83

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136777
GolfWRX Likes : 1137

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:07 AM

by definition it is a hole in one shot.  But since you played alone and played multiple plays several times during the round you can not count it towards your handicap.

#24 RRFireblade

RRFireblade

AKA Jay.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,743 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23410
  • Handicap:+6.2
  • Ebay ID:RRFireblade
GolfWRX Likes : 2671

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:17 AM

Of course not.

If you have to ask....
XRP 8.5* XS
XRP #3 XS
Cally Apex MB 3i-9i PX 7.0
Cally MD3 52*/56*/60*
Scotty Studio Select Custom

#25 Under2hours

Under2hours

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:50 AM

Again congrats to the OP (and from the blacks).  This one was a fine line, however was the second shot you took on the hole (though a different tee).  Razor thin line regardless in my opinion.

What bothers me to no end is the how a great shot is just scoffed at if one does anything in a round that would negate it.

Example....  Playing golf at the club and it is crowded with a few slow groups, so I started to zigzag the course to find an opening, played a few holes and then returned to my original position to and resumed the round (late in the day so no one behind me).  Playing alone so on some holes would hit an extra ball.  On #10 , which was one of the holes I played earlier I got a hole in one (no need to hit an extra shot)!!!!!  It is a hole I use the same club every time and nothing is different any rounds I play as I swing, hit and pray.  No one saw me, but I would never lie about anything as sacred as a HIO.  Walked in the clubhouse and announced it and was told it did not count. I asked if it was a hole I did not play prior was it a HIO and told no also as I was alone and not playing a round as had used multiple balls prior.

#26 RRFireblade

RRFireblade

AKA Jay.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,743 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23410
  • Handicap:+6.2
  • Ebay ID:RRFireblade
GolfWRX Likes : 2671

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:06 AM

View PostUnder2hours, on 11 September 2017 - 07:50 AM, said:

Again congrats to the OP (and from the blacks).  This one was a fine line, however was the second shot you took on the hole (though a different tee).  Razor thin line regardless in my opinion.

What bothers me to no end is the how a great shot is just scoffed at if one does anything in a round that would negate it.

Example....  Playing golf at the club and it is crowded with a few slow groups, so I started to zigzag the course to find an opening, played a few holes and then returned to my original position to and resumed the round (late in the day so no one behind me).  Playing alone so on some holes would hit an extra ball.  On #10 , which was one of the holes I played earlier I got a hole in one (no need to hit an extra shot)!!!!!  It is a hole I use the same club every time and nothing is different any rounds I play as I swing, hit and pray.  No one saw me, but I would never lie about anything as sacred as a HIO.  Walked in the clubhouse and announced it and was told it did not count. I asked if it was a hole I did not play prior was it a HIO and told no also as I was alone and not playing a round as had used multiple balls prior.

I can understand your frustration with the concept. I guess one just has to understand and accept the rules and spirit of the game. Most everyone can hit a great shot, given enough attempts, number one...and number 2, pressure and stress are probably the number one cause for failure and performance issues in the game by a long shot.

When one goes out hitting multiple balls, playing random holes and some of them multiple times, you simply remove most of the things the majority of people struggle with in this game. No pressure, no stress, no consequences...therefore no trophies.

How many 3' putts for par or bogey do you think I miss? How many do you think I miss for birdie or eagle? How about when I have 10 grand on the line and a miss sends me home broke?

The game is about one swing, one stroke. If you want the credit for the many milestones in the game, play it by the rules and earn the credit. Simple as that.

IMO  :)
XRP 8.5* XS
XRP #3 XS
Cally Apex MB 3i-9i PX 7.0
Cally MD3 52*/56*/60*
Scotty Studio Select Custom

#27 MountainKing

MountainKing

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199340
  • Ebay ID:blackhawks1979
GolfWRX Likes : 364

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:13 AM

Post it this way then a few weeks later you'll be accused of sandbagging.  You can't win on this site.  Call it whatever you want dude, with all the nonsense in this world something like this is hardly worth debating when it doesn't effect any of us personally!  Nice shot btw.

#28 augustgolf

augustgolf

Master of the 19th hole disaster

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438244
  • Handicap:0
  • Ebay ID:augustgolf
GolfWRX Likes : 1936

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:28 AM

OK...so, like it or not, it is not a "recognized/official" HIO. It's still a pretty cool thing to do, pressure or not....and, I'm sure that people will enjoy your telling of the story....it seems that I did, and I'm sure that you do also, OP.

FIWI, I'd go ahead an make some type of trophy for your mantle, your man cave, office....wherever you would like to see it regularly, and remember the good feelings of making the shot.

If anyone asks, you not only get to relive the moment again, you get to share it with someone who probably appreciates the accomplishment.

You don't need to say whether it's official or not, and if someone asks, just tell them it went into the hole in one stroke. You couldn't "qualify" for any HIO prizes or certificates since it wasn't witnessed, but you like how it makes you feel, and go from there.

Damn....golf is hard enough as it is....let's enjoy some little moments from it!

But, to answer your question...it is not an official HIO.....sorry and congrats in the same sentence!
Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
or is it 1514...
I don't remember exactly

#29 Under2hours

Under2hours

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:29 AM

View PostRRFireblade, on 11 September 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

View PostUnder2hours, on 11 September 2017 - 07:50 AM, said:

I can understand your frustration with the concept. I guess one just has to understand and accept the rules and spirit of the game. Most everyone can hit a great shot, given enough attempts, number one...and number 2, pressure and stress are probably the number one cause for failure and performance issues in the game by a long shot.

When one goes out hitting multiple balls, playing random holes and some of them multiple times, you simply remove most of the things the majority of people struggle with in this game. No pressure, no stress, no consequences...therefore no trophies.

How many 3' putts for par or bogey do you think I miss? How many do you think I miss for birdie or eagle? How about when I have 10 grand on the line and a miss sends me home broke?

The game is about one swing, one stroke. If you want the credit for the many milestones in the game, play it by the rules and earn the credit. Simple as that.

IMO  :)

Again you miss the point.  I can hit as many shots as I want, and if i get up to the hole and put it int he hole on my first swing I have attained and made a HIO.

Now let's pretend another scenario.  I am playing in a charity golf tournament and arrive very early and decide to go play 9 prior with the blessing of the club.

Now there is a car for a HIO and lo and behold I make a HIO.  Do I win the car (even though I have already played the hole that day prior to the tournament and let's pretend hit 2-3 balls into the green)?

Damn right I do!!!!!  Same for the club member who has played the hole a 1000X's before and happens to be signed up and now got another one.

A HIO is HIO is a HIO......

#30 Tcann32

Tcann32

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,127 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 343581
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:tcannon32
GolfWRX Likes : 1917

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:04 PM

View PostBrianL99, on 09 September 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

I don't think you should post the score to your index, which also means I don't think you're obligated to post a practice round score either.

In context of the ace, I'm sorry, but I don't think it counts.. I'd still be excited, but it's not an ace since you're basically out there playing a 2-man best ball, by yourself. Whether or not you look at it this way or not, your first shot was a practice shot. I'm guessing you made an adjustment in some way, shape, or form based off how the first one went.

Either way, it was a good shot though!

What's actually in the bag...
Callaway Epic SZ-9.0-Aldila X-Torsion Green Mamba-70TX
Callaway Epic SZ 15* - PX Handcrafted Yellow 75 6.5
Callaway Apex UT 21* - C- taper S+
Miura LH LTD Black Blades: 3-p w/ DG TI X7's.
Cleveland RTX 3: 50-54 w. C-Taper S+
Scratch 1018: 58 w/ C-Taper S+
Piretti Potenza / Odyssey MX #7

Others gamed on occasion:
Callaway BBA (2014)
Callaway 13 X Forged w/ AMT X100's (hard stepped once)
Scratch Golf 51,55,58,59
Wilson Staff Kirk Currie Milled

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors